Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,444 members, 7,937,367 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 10:24 PM

What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? (15486 Views)

Daddy Freeze: "I Have Prayed For An Enemy To Die Before, I Won’t Lie" / As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? / ‘Mercedes Church Or Uka Achi’ Anambra: Church Where Wives, Husbands Are Swapped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Nobody: 10:02am On Mar 13, 2016
h
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Nobody: 10:02am On Mar 13, 2016
Alphanancy:
So you are saying that churches like the one that has fire on the mountain are evil. By the way most nigerian churches pray that way.
not all churches are house of God** guess u've been going to the wrong places...

God will not answer such a prayer...if you read ur Bible very well you'll not even need to ask such a question.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Nobody: 10:03am On Mar 13, 2016
The last time I entered a church was when d pastor said we shud kill our enemies n family members hindering our progress with prayer, dat dey will fall n die where ever dey are.
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by IndianBwoy(m): 10:04am On Mar 13, 2016
marycool18:
The difference lies in the 'being' that the prayer is directed to, don't joke with the shrine gods of Africa, they are blind and may even kill more than intended and goes back to kill the the person who initiated the prayer cheesy

But I know God knows how to deal with the wicked ones, sometimes you don't need to pray for them to meet their Waterloo, but for the stubborn ones that don't want you to survive or proper you tear them down by fire and let Jehovah finish him the way he wishes, who knows he may not finish him but pull a Nebuchadnezzar on him. grin

Your own dead man-god jesus is blind and dead and dumb. And Dead!
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Demainman1: 10:05am On Mar 13, 2016
In the Church, God does the killing but when you go to the Shrine, Devil will do the killing.

I hope I am making sense.
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Drdonzeez(m): 10:07am On Mar 13, 2016
Alphanancy:
So you are saying that churches like the one that has fire on the mountain are evil. By the way most nigerian churches pray that way.
You could have made sense If you had not mentioned name.
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Ayinlaokin(m): 10:13am On Mar 13, 2016
Both are the same,as far as it's a death's prayer,because the word of God says " we should rather pray for our enemies than curse them". So,it doesn't matter where such pray is offered.
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Cherryf(f): 10:13am On Mar 13, 2016
Y shud u go to d shrine at d first place n at d same time u cal urself a xtian
u ar a ful tym hypocrite
d response many gv shws dt u dnt read ur bible no wonder God said my ppl perish out of ignorance
prayn for ur enemies weda to die or not depends on u n ur faith stp acusn ppl weda dey pray or not u sayn dt u r nt God dt answers prayers it depends on God...
Mind u as a xtian u hv 3enemies
ur self
ur physical enemy e.g ur neibor
ur spiritual enemy e.g witches
d one dt ppl mostly pray die is d spiritual enemy who attacks u spiritualy n vows ntn works for u if dey dnt die u cnt succeed in life
its ur physical enemy who may hate u out of jealousy dt u pray dt God wil forgv dm
mind u sp. Enemies myt cm as family bkgrnd cases..folw folw demons..spiritual husband..spirit of failure n backwardness
pls if u dnt read ur bible stop decievn odas wit ur canality
remain blessd
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Nobody: 10:16am On Mar 13, 2016
I no see difference. Me I no dey pray that kind of prayer. The same mouth wey I dey use say 'God bless you', I no fit use am day "God punish you'.
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by ifihearam: 10:20am On Mar 13, 2016
Because when God kills it's Justice but when man(herbalist) kills it's MURDER.
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by vooks: 10:21am On Mar 13, 2016
Alphanancy:
Please i am just curious how my christian friends will address this issue.
If i go to my church and be praying for all my or a particular enemy to die. It is deemed as okay because it was done in the church.
Likewise when i go to the herbalist shrine to pray for same enemies to die, i am accused of being evil. What is the difference since the will and intention is the same.

Just needed to express my thought.

Both are witchcraft , but believers do fight demons
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Drdonzeez(m): 10:21am On Mar 13, 2016
miketayo:
it wont work in the church, God doesnt answer such prayers
Die'in the biblical way is ambiguous.It doesn't necessarily means physical death.It could mean to render someone powerless et al
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by jamace(m): 10:22am On Mar 13, 2016
Demainman1:
In the Church, God does the killing but when you go to the Shrine, Devil will do the killing.

I hope I am making sense.
No sense to me.

Shrine=church/temple=mosque

shrine priest=reverend/pastor=imam

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by bobkezel(m): 10:23am On Mar 13, 2016
God does not answer prayers, he has no business with whatever we do here. But ithink he judges.
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by lobiologs(m): 10:23am On Mar 13, 2016
Alphanancy:
If i go to my church and be praying for all my or a particular enemy to die. It is deemed as okay because it was done in the church.
Likewise when i go to the herbalist shrine to pray for same enemies to die, i am accused of being evil. What is the difference since the will and intention is the same.

Absolute the same thing.
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by lobiologs(m): 10:24am On Mar 13, 2016
Alphanancy:

Absolutely the same thing.
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Nobody: 10:29am On Mar 13, 2016
There is a big differnce.

In church ur handing over ur enemies death to God Almighty while in a shrine ur taking vengeance by asking a man to kill ur enemy on ur behalf.
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Genea(f): 10:32am On Mar 13, 2016
Alphanancy:

cos d shrine has a faster effect
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by franconian: 10:36am On Mar 13, 2016
angry
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by geraldhumphrey(m): 10:40am On Mar 13, 2016
Dr is much difference . . .justice belongs to God alone
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Trackango: 10:41am On Mar 13, 2016
Funny
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Nobody: 10:41am On Mar 13, 2016
Kondomatic:
I don't pray for my enemies to die, it is useless and I don't think God answers that prayer.

To answer your question, whoever prays for the death of another human being has no love in him/her, such person is worse than an unbeliever.
But prayers such as: "Die by fire, die by fire" is like a national anthem in most Nigerian churches today.
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Krayzeejhay(m): 10:42am On Mar 13, 2016
Kondomatic:
I don't pray for my enemies to die, it is useless and I don't think God answers that prayer.

To answer your question, whoever prays for the death of another human being has no love in him/her, such person is worse than an unbeliever.

Come tell my MFM neighbour that one abeg
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by onoslove(f): 11:02am On Mar 13, 2016
Peritus:

The truth is that it is wrong to pray for the death of our enemies. However, we are gifted with the power to bless and curse. Sometimes when someone wrongs us and we curse, we see it happening. Good ones will go back and pray for a reversal. It is wrong to pray against ur enemies. See them as helpless people who deserve God's grace for survival. God loves all of us; the "holy" and the sinner alike. I hate the "die by fire" prayer.
We should love our enemies and pray for them. Our prayer and love could be what they need to change/repent.
Do you believe that there are people who go diabolical, calling out names of people that they will not marry, bear children and many more. If God opens your eyes and you see such a person calling your name in any of the above mentioned, are you sure you can still love such a person. Any person who mention my name for evil in any part of the word should die by fire.
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Nobody: 11:05am On Mar 13, 2016
Any church that prays against my enemy to die, that church is the real evil enemy. Enemies are important aspect of our christian life.Even the bible made mention of how important they are when it says, ".....He prepareth a table in the presence of my enemies. ..."

You don't pray for your enemies to die, you can only pray they see the presence of God in your life,and have a turn around.

I remembered a night vigil my mom attended where a young man came for deliverance against someone he claimed to be owing for 2 years. He said the man is always disturbing him in the dream to pay back. This prayer "warriors " started praying that the man should be arrested by holy ghost fire.My mama just tire, she no join for the prayer. She said after the whole binding and casting, she openly rebuked the "warriors " and ask the young man to go and make peace with his creditor and pay back his debt of two years.

Some people pray against an enemy not knowing they are the real evil enemy.
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by AnonymustME(m): 11:07am On Mar 13, 2016
Op MFM never pray for the death of anyone ...... they pray for the death of "any power".... eg
any power holding down my destiny die/burn/ break e.t.c

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by fashrola(m): 11:09am On Mar 13, 2016
Funny enough you are praying for the death of your enemy... Also remember you are also another person's enemy grin.... And another fellow is praying for your own death grin

So it's a two way death wish.... May the best one win wink
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by tonio2wo: 11:11am On Mar 13, 2016
right now, am vigorously shaking my head from left to right and am shouting.... die die die die die die die........

....in one church like dat grin
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by tonio2wo: 11:13am On Mar 13, 2016
AnonymustME:
Op MFM never pray for the death of anyone ...... they pray for the death of "any power".... eg
any power holding down my destiny die/burn/ break e.t.c

the op never mentioned the name of any church or denomination, is it guilty conscience on ur part?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by AnonymustME(m): 11:17am On Mar 13, 2016
tonio2wo:

the op never mentioned the name of any church or denomination, is it guilty conscience on ur part?

she has to spell it out for you right? are you too dumb to read between the lines? ....she said "the church with fire on the mountain"
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by Jyah01: 11:24am On Mar 13, 2016
Alphanancy:

We are not fighting flesh and blood but principalities n agents of darkness. They are the enemies.
Re: What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? by jackzin(m): 11:24am On Mar 13, 2016
princy80:
Our prayers are only answered if they are in line with his wishes...What does it mean for someone to die? do you know God's punishment for Adam for eating d forbidden fruit is death but Adam didn't die even after many years? the word DEATH has many implications, it doesn't necessarily mean the person dies physically immediately. Happy sunday to everyone!
GOD BLESS YOU

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Friend's Wedding Was Cancelled! / The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira / Meet 10 Wave-making Gospel Singers From Idoma Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.