Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,452 members, 7,944,249 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 01:22 PM

Boy For Sale: N300k - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Boy For Sale: N300k (1949 Views)

35-year-old Woman Molested 11 Years Old Boy For A Period Of 8 Months / Moji Obasanjo Delivers Baby Boy For New Husband / 16-year-old Girl Delivers Baby Boy For Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boy For Sale: N300k by AloyEmeka9: 8:26pm On Jul 19, 2009
This boy is for sale: Price tag is N300,000

Saturday, July 18, 2009
The boy (names withheld) whose picture appears on this page is for sale. The price tag is N300,000 only. This notice is for you in case you are interested in the deal. Just check within.

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/jul/18/505.html

To be sure, he is neither mentally nor physically challenged. In fact, he is in robust health, very active and remarkably intelligent for his age.

The boy, who would be three on October 10, is neither stolen nor lost but found. The person offering him for sale is his biological mother, who identified herself as Miss Joy, who coincidentally will turn 25 on October 10. A factory worker, she claims to hail from Ozoro in Isoko LGA, Delta State.

Penultimate Sunday, she brought the child to Saturday Sun reporter at an agreed point, who posed as a potential buyer, for evaluation. The meeting place was a popular eatery at Iyana-Ejigbo, Ejigbo Local Council Development Area of Lagos State.

It had been agreed between both parties that the boy should be brought for the purported buyer to meet and familiarize with him so that when money changes hands and the boy is eventually handed over to his new parent, they will not be total strangers to each other.

Interestingly, as finishing touches were being put to the terms of the transaction, the boy, oblivious of what is in the offing, was characteristically playing about. In fact, according to the woman, she had told him, on the way to the place, that she was taking him to his father, who, apparently, he did not know.

Pursuant to the Sunday meeting, Joy had intimated Saturday Sun undercover reporter that she wanted to sell her love child because she needed the “money to do some runs”.

Her initial asking price was N700,000 but after serious haggling, she reluctantly agreed to part with her child for N300,000 saying: “Even my friend sold her three-month-old baby boy for N355,000”.

On who the father of the boy she wants to sell is, she explained: “He was my boyfriend. At the time, I did not know that he was married with two kids. It was when I became pregnant that I knew that he had no plans for me. But then it was too late, there was nothing I could do”.

She further said that since she was delivered of the child nearly three years ago, she had not set eyes on the man. According to her, she had been fending for her baby and self ever since, adding that her aged mother also provides her motherly care and support.

Now, how would her mother react when she learns that her grandchild had been sold? Her response is that she can handle her folks.

“Na me born am, ke. Nobody fit tell me wetin to do with my pikin. But if I get the money, I go settle my mother because she dey help me since”, she boasted in pidgin English.

Joy told Saturday Sun that as soon as N300,000 was paid, she would give up her custody rights to the child. To prove her commitment to the deal, she agreed to sign a contract to that effect.

Desperate for cash, the woman has been bombarding the reporter with telephone calls, asking when the money will be ready and the child sold off to enable her to ‘do some runs’.

Few days after the transaction meeting at the Mr. Fan’s eatery, the lady has been keeping in touch to know when the commitment fee of N10,000 she demanded would be ready. At the presentation of this conditionality, Saturday Sun insisted she must sign a bond before any payment is made, and that she readily agreed to do that there and then.

At the eatery, the interaction was deliberately lengthened to get more facts. It took a bill of N1000 for fast food at the centre to keep her and the ‘commodity’ going. We were just like every other visitor on family outing especially with the lady who came all the way from Ajegunle that is a total stranger in the area.

After the eatery meet, the venue of the transaction shifted to an open pub in the neighbourhood where the lady helped herself to a steaming serve of peppersoup and some few bottles of Star lager beer. The young ‘commodity’ all this while was busy playing around.

But he later proved a bad buy as the mother, not minding the moral implication allowed the boy have some gulps of beer, notwithstanding my protests that he was still a child and should not be exposed to alcohol. To this stance, the lady simply quipped: “This one fit finish one bottle of small stout o. You no know am”. She played the bad salesperson here for not considering that such wildness exhibited by the boy who also swallowed lumps of meat from the peppersoup would prove her ‘product’ unfit for sale.

Getting the boy’s photo was no problem at all. The reporter told the seller he needed the little boy’s picture to show the wife who would ultimately be the keeper, believing that that would convince her (wife) to give her total support to the deal.

Her desperate subsequent calls for the advance fee has been fruitless although she has always tried a blackmail line of having another buyer on the line if payment is delayed.

Re: Boy For Sale: N300k by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 19, 2009
Wow! This is a shame! shocked
Re: Boy For Sale: N300k by darkgoddes(f): 11:22pm On Jul 19, 2009
This is totally insane! shocked
Re: Boy For Sale: N300k by prittigrrr(f): 3:26am On Jul 20, 2009
No words can describe how bad this thing truly is.
Re: Boy For Sale: N300k by AloyEmeka9: 8:44am On Jul 20, 2009
A poor woman is an angry woman.
Re: Boy For Sale: N300k by benincitys(f): 8:47am On Jul 20, 2009
world
Re: Boy For Sale: N300k by Ben13: 9:33am On Jul 20, 2009
such things can only happen in Naija.
Re: Boy For Sale: N300k by AloyEmeka9: 10:57am On Jul 20, 2009
People sell their sperm and eggs abroad how much less babies. Na dem do pass joo.
Re: Boy For Sale: N300k by Fhemmmy: 3:48pm On Jul 20, 2009
Is this for real, or another joke of the month?
Re: Boy For Sale: N300k by Tgirl4real(f): 4:55pm On Jul 20, 2009
See wetin poverty dey cause embarassed
Re: Boy For Sale: N300k by Fhemmmy: 7:39pm On Jul 20, 2009
Tgirl4real:

See wetin poverty dey cause embarassed

I think we blame poverty for some stupid things.
Is the mother the only poor person? and she has to sell her kid to take care of the poverty?
Re: Boy For Sale: N300k by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 20, 2009
where naija de head sef, GOD where are u embarassed
Re: Boy For Sale: N300k by dominique(f): 8:31pm On Jul 20, 2009
what a shame, how is the mother to know the well being of her son after he's sold. . .what if a ritual killer expresses interest in the poor boy, how will they know embarassed cry
Re: Boy For Sale: N300k by Nobody: 2:59am On Jul 21, 2009
dominique:

what a shame, how is the mother to know the well being of her son after he's sold. . .what if a ritual killer expresses interest in the poor boy, how will they know embarassed cry

They are not hiring him out but selling him out. Who buys is not really what matters as long as they have the money.
Re: Boy For Sale: N300k by spikedcylinder: 1:36pm On Jul 21, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

This boy is for sale: Price tag is N300,000

But he later proved a bad buy as the mother, not minding the moral implication allowed the boy have some gulps of beer, notwithstanding my protests that he was still a child and should not be exposed to alcohol. To this stance, the lady simply quipped: “This one fit finish one bottle of small stout o. You no know am”. She played the bad salesperson here for not considering that such wildness exhibited by the boy who also swallowed lumps of meat from the peppersoup would prove her ‘product’ unfit for sale.

Lol!!! grin grin grin
Re: Boy For Sale: N300k by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 21, 2009
happens all over the world from parents who are either insane, temporally loose their minds or just fall on hard time and dont think with a clear head.
a sshort period in some 9ja jail will bring back her sanity QUICK QUICK!!!!!
Re: Boy For Sale: N300k by jumie(f): 3:20pm On Jul 21, 2009
I think this is the craziest thing i have ever heard.

Why can't the reporter report the case to human rights agencies? This child should be taken away from the mother and kept in an orphanage.

You can be sure that if the child remains with the mother, she will not take care of him and then we have another Area - Boy in the making!

Too bad!!!! angry
Re: Boy For Sale: N300k by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 21, 2009
madness!
Re: Boy For Sale: N300k by mamagee3(f): 5:03pm On Jul 21, 2009
Human Trafficking is in the air!!! shocked
Re: Boy For Sale: N300k by spikedcylinder: 5:44pm On Jul 21, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

happens all over the world from parents who are either insane, temporally loose their minds or just fall on hard time and dont think with a clear head.
a sshort period in some 9ja jail will bring back her sanity QUICK QUICK!!!!!

Yea, you're right. Poverty fcuks up the brain big time.
Re: Boy For Sale: N300k by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 21, 2009
The young 'commodity' was busy playing around

Chei!! I don laugh tire. . . . What a statement.
Re: Boy For Sale: N300k by ifyalways(f): 7:40am On Jul 22, 2009
Poverty is a curse. sad I hope the child ends up in a home where he wud be appreciated.
More reasons ladies shld zip up or use protection till they are ready,emotionally and physically to cater for a child.
Re: Boy For Sale: N300k by AloyEmeka9: 7:52am On Jul 22, 2009
ifyalways:

Poverty is a curse.  sad I hope the child ends up in a home where he wud be appreciated.
More reasons ladies shld zip up or use protection till they are ready,emotionally and physically to cater for a child.
It's not entirely a poverty problem because she could still dump the boy at a motherless home without getting paid assuming her problem is money for catering the child. She wants to cash in on her own child so that there will be pepper for recreational drugs or something instead of her to begin do ashawo. Who knows, she may be pregnant again for another child since she is running a human poultry. Thius time she will give birth to a broiler so she can charge about 500k. wink
Re: Boy For Sale: N300k by ifyalways(f): 8:10am On Jul 22, 2009
Either way,shes a poor soul.Simple.
If things are alright with her financially,she wud not be selling her child.
BTW,now that this issus has come to limelight i want to believe one out of the many NGOs advertised daily or even all these "First ladies" NGO and Pet Project wud come to the aid of the BOY cos at the rate this woman is going,she def. wud sale the boy to anyone(the highest bidder) with dough.am bothered abt the boy not the lady,though.
Re: Boy For Sale: N300k by AloyEmeka9: 8:23am On Jul 22, 2009
You should be bothered about the lady because she is capable of getting pregnant again and entering the bidding market with her new born child. Common, her friend sold her 3 month baby for 355K. It's like they are more expensive as infants.
Re: Boy For Sale: N300k by IFELEKE(m): 12:35pm On Jul 22, 2009
shocked
@Topic
The reporter should help the young boy by getting the matter reported to the appropriate authorities!.The boy should be taken up by a reputable orphanage because it's obvious the mother is incapable.
Re: Boy For Sale: N300k by AloyEmeka9: 9:12pm On Jul 22, 2009
Exactly.
Re: Boy For Sale: N300k by FBS: 9:37am On Jul 23, 2009
Dear Lord.
Re: Boy For Sale: N300k by baron2000(m): 2:40pm On Jul 23, 2009
Ben20001:

such things can only happen in Naija.

in case you dont know, the west has carefully repackaged baby sales and they have renamed it accordingly. it is called ADOPTION. mothers who want to sell their babies can do it legally and get paid legally. but this has not stopped some from selling illegally in order to avoid tax payment, and to avoid the child ever tracing them. so no be only our body smell dey commot o my brother embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Boy For Sale: N300k by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 23, 2009
baron2000:

in case you dont know, the west has carefully repackaged baby sales and they have renamed it accordingly. it is called ADOPTION. mothers who want to sell their babies can do it legally and get paid legally. but this has not stopped some from selling illegally in order to avoid tax payment, and to avoid the child ever tracing them. so no be only our body smell dey commot o my brother embarassed embarassed embarassed

i do feel a little sorry for people who write absolute nonsense on the internet.
in which country do mother who give their child up for adoption get paid?! must be some places like India etc because in civilized countries no such thing will ever happen.
if you are talking about surrogacy then that's a different ball game.
Re: Boy For Sale: N300k by kok(m): 6:16pm On Jul 23, 2009
Na wa o, does this mark the beginning of another line of business?
Re: Boy For Sale: N300k by k4kenny(f): 8:48pm On Jul 23, 2009
kok:

Na wa o, does this mark the beginning of another line of business?

abi o! next thing you'll see women getting pregnant just to sell the baby. may God help us.

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Insists On Court Wedding! / The Importance of physical attraction in a relationship. / Between Family And Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.