Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,372 members, 7,940,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 05:22 AM

Jamb:my Four Years Experience - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Jamb:my Four Years Experience (1581 Views)

Result Changed From 2.2 To 2.1 After Four Years Of Graduation / After Four Years In The University, No Certificate From Two Siblings / What I Have Observed So Far In This Year's Jamb( My Self As A Case Study) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jamb:my Four Years Experience by marinxxx(m): 11:47pm On Mar 12, 2016
If you have not written jamb atleast 2times then you might not be able to understand what im going to tell you today.
This institution called jamb has been so unorganized unpreprared and reluctant to the néeds of the average student that getting admission is 20% based on merit the rest are money, connection then maybe luck

I wrote my first jamb in 2013 when i was writing my waec i wasnt really prepared for it i had subjects from Monday to Friday then on Saturday was my jamb i scored 198 i felt good because of my unpreparedness and considering it was my first jamb i wrote post utme that year and got 60....i didnt get admission and i did not try poly,i wasnt bothered it was my first

Then the second year came it was when they introduced computer based test i wasnt afraid of this one i read my books,went to lesson and i had all the information i needed except one....there was this issue of negative marking they said what you dont know you better leave it blank because any extra marks u fail will be deducted i followed the warning diligently like a good student after writing what i would term my best exam yet i got 211 i was like wtf!!! afterall i wrote then it hit me it might be those blank spaces i couldve gotten 50extra marks had i tried to fill thém. i wrote post utme i got 56 unizik fr law i didnt get admission the second year
By the third year i was conversant with all thier past questions and all. i was ready for them anytime anywhere so when the exam came i ignored negative marking shit i didnt go to lesson i studied at home then i bagged 265 cool right? Well not exactly i got over
70% in my 3 subjects thats literature,govt and crs but english which seemed to be the surest for me i scored 50% like wtf!!! I was sure of atlest 80 then i noticed that most people with high marks failed English a friend of mine with 285 failed english he scored 49 then i focused on my post utme unizik they brought their own shenanigans
Our post utme questions were 20 questions under 10mins trust me i read anything i couldve read i read unizik post utme past questions unn post utme past questions even ansu but the questions i saw were like final year students questions.i scored 40 nd i was tinking i was low it was when i saw 15 even 0 then i had hope they even gave dmission to people lower than me contact me ill give u proof....thats how i lost admission the 3rd time thats in 2015

Then this year i wrote jamb with much zeal and effort i put in my all i wrote on 8th march 2016 but till now I've not gotten my result and they said 95% of all the people that wrote on 8th and 9 did not make upto 200

Plz ooo help me create awareness cause this is no more my fault its no more about reading ooo cause i have done that way too much if a anybody knows anything i can do please indicate oooo thank u for ur time

3 Likes

Re: Jamb:my Four Years Experience by Nobody: 11:57pm On Mar 12, 2016
Who are u calling op?.... Lol who u want dash op ur are the op
Re: Jamb:my Four Years Experience by uchman(m): 11:58pm On Mar 12, 2016
Awwww!
I seriously feel for you brotherly...

Ok now,
Enough of jamb...
Try prescience, pre-degree or diploma...

Who knows?
i got admitted through pre-science...

1 Like

Re: Jamb:my Four Years Experience by ngeduboy: 12:00am On Mar 13, 2016
jamb can be trickish
Re: Jamb:my Four Years Experience by Nobody: 12:00am On Mar 13, 2016
Am not gonna waste my time on jamb next year oh.... Face my career (that is if me where no get connections no get admission oh)
Re: Jamb:my Four Years Experience by Amplitron: 12:24am On Mar 13, 2016
@OP,
The reason why most of you don't pass is because you put in what you by your standards consider a lot of efforts but which are not enough to help you scale through.
Your generation also has to contend with many easy distractions such Social Networks. For example see how many topics you have created and how many posts you have on Nairaland. Unless you are well above what we describe as an average student academically, you will need exclusive devotion to studying before you can win Jamb.
Re: Jamb:my Four Years Experience by marinxxx(m): 1:10am On Mar 13, 2016
Amplitron:
@OP,
The reason why most of you don't pass is because you put in what you by your standards consider a lot of efforts but which are not enough to help you scale through.
Your generation also has to contend with many easy distractions such Social Networks. For example see how many topics you have created and how many posts you have on Nairaland. Unless you are well above what we describe as an average student academically, you will need exclusive devotion to studying before you can win Jamb.
trust me am not an average student i read mi book if its based on how much u read i couldve gotten admission by now
Re: Jamb:my Four Years Experience by Nobody: 2:01am On Mar 13, 2016
Fast, pray and live a sin-free life cheesy
Re: Jamb:my Four Years Experience by Amplitron: 6:35am On Mar 13, 2016
marinxxx:
trust me am not an average student i read mi book if its based on how much u read i couldve gotten admission by now
So, you are saying that the marks are randomly given to students? That will be the implication of your assumptions. You know that is not plausible.
Re: Jamb:my Four Years Experience by marinxxx(m): 7:16am On Mar 13, 2016
Amplitron:

So, you are saying that the marks are randomly given to students? That will be the implication of your assumptions. You know that is not plausible.
thats not what im saying jamb isnot quiet prepared for à computer based test cks they have faulters computers and all that.....why did they have to dash some people 40marks if all was well
Re: Jamb:my Four Years Experience by Ajjubhai(m): 8:05am On Mar 13, 2016
WHY STUDY IN INDIA?

I am a Nigerian studying in India, basically I want to share an important information about studying in India, I hope you'll find this helping.

Why is India a great destination to study as an international student
India's diversity and history offer a wide array of options for any student. India's educational system is as vast and diverse as the country itself. While living in India can be challenging for international students, it is an affordable and rewarding experience.

A millennia-old civilization, the birthplace of four world religions, a dazzling diversity of cultures, languages, and traditions, and breathtaking natural beauty – from the soaring Himalayas to the deserts of Rajasthan. The real question is not “why study in India?”, but “why wouldn't you?” While India has much to offer the traveler, it also has much to offer students. With access both to such rich history and diversity as well as a rapidly growing country on the cutting edge of the technological revolution, studying in India has much to offer, whether your interests are in Classics or Computers, Philosophy or Politics.

India's educational system is as encompassing and as diverse as its history, making studying in India unlike anywhere else. India is the home of the world's largest university by enrollment, Indira Gandhi National Open University, with 3.5 million students. India's higher education system has 575 university-level institutions, including:

42 central universities, which are controlled by National Department of Higher Education.
243 state universities, which are run by state governments
130 deemed universities, which are autonomously run
53 private universities
33 institutes of national importance, which are deemed to be of special importance and typically focus on science and technology
Additionally, over 30,000 colleges operate throughout India, offering more specialized instruction, often in technical fields like engineering. With all these options, international students in India can find a program to suit them no matter what their interests.

India's degree system is influenced by the British higher education and offers bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees.

The Indian Government's Department of Higher Education offers more information on specific universities in India and the higher education system.
WHAT I DO;

1. CHECK OR VERIFY IF YOUR RESULT IS QUALIFIED FOR ADMISSION AND SUBSEQUENTLY VISA APPLICATION BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY VISA APPLICATION.
2. ASSISTANCE WITH ADMISSION PROCESSING
3. GUIDANCE REGARDING VISA APPLICATION AND PROCESSING. I WILL MOST CERTAINLY ACT AS YOUR REFERENCE IN INDIA
4. AIRPORT PICKUP ON ARRIVAL
5. ASSISTANCE WITH SETTLING DOWN(ACCOMMODATION, SIM CARD, ETC)
6. ASSISTANCE WITH GETTING YOUR RESIDENTIAL PERMIT.

FOR THE ABOVE, I CHARGE A FEE WHICH IS FLEXIBLE THOUGH.

Life for International Students in India

India's people are friendly and welcoming, eager to learn more about other countries. Many of India's amazing sites offer special student discounts. International students in India will find the cost of living unbelievably affordable.

With all that India has to offer, it will be next to impossible not to travel. India's vast and colorful rail network puts visitors in touch with all parts of the sub-Continent, often costing less than 10 dollars to travel hundreds of miles. The trains offer the cheapest, and safest, way for those studying in India to travel.

Food in India is an experience! Whether in North or South India, restaurants offer tantalizing dishes at cheap prices. Meals at cheap restaurants often run less than $2, while even pricier options often cost less than $10, offering yet another good answer to the question “why study in India?”

Although costs of lodging will depend on your program, comfortable apartments can be rented for $110 per month outside major cities to $200 per month in most major city centers. Cities like Mumbai and Delhi will often be more expensive although even there costs to rent will often be lower than in European or American cities.

tuition fee for bachelor program(note:the fees are in USD and the university uses the standard conversion rate of dollars to any currency at all)

Tuition fees are as follows (medicine and medical courses are exempted due to its high cost):
B.sc courses are 600-800 dollars
BBM/BBA/BCA are 625-700 dollars
B.Tech(all engineering courses}tuition is 1200USD per yaer
B.Pharmacy(Bachelor of pharmacy} tuition is 1100USD per year
D.Pharmacy{Doctor of pharmacy) tutiion is 2500USD per year

you can also apply for postgraduate studies in engineering and other related courses, the tuition and list of courses are as follows:

MBA{Masters in Business administration) tution is 1100 usd per year
M.Biotechnology tuition is 1100 USD per year
M.computer science and M.computer applications tutition are 1000 dollars
M.tech tuition is 2000 dollars per year

NOTE:
AS A STUDENT IN INDIA YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO WORK. PLEASE LET NO ONE DECEIVE YOU THAT YOU CAN WORK AND SUPPORT YOURSELF AND BY THE WAY INDIAN EDUCATION IS ALWAYS VERY BUSY AND WE ATTEND LECTURES FROM MONDAYS- SATURDAYS, DONT SHOUT- EVEN PRE KG, KG, PRIMARY DOES SAME.

For more enquires and help on getting admission into india universities, contact me on

Facebook:chimahenry79@yahoo.com

Email: chimahenry89@yahoo.com

Whatsapp: +918686421391

Mobile number: +918686421391
Re: Jamb:my Four Years Experience by Fedric(m): 8:40am On Mar 13, 2016
i feel for u, i also had four years experience with jamb. i and my neigbour didn"t make jamb last two year, due to the fat that his family is financially ok he opt for pre-degree to study civil engineering now he is in his 200L while am here writing jamb every year without hope of getting admission. the rich knows their way

i'm realy damn tired of this whole thing with 187 jamb score
Re: Jamb:my Four Years Experience by DonEvarest(m): 9:35am On Mar 13, 2016
The worst is that you will write the exam and exit the hall with all smiles but your result will shock you to the bones. This year's JAMB result lacks credibility and I support it's remarking.. I got 243 though, but that's a complete negation of my expectation! JAMB is inefficient. Period!
Re: Jamb:my Four Years Experience by bennaz(m): 1:37pm On Mar 13, 2016
pls what university are yu aspiring for dix year?? Sorry to say yu are an ass if yu are d going for that same previous uni tat yu have tried thrice but weren't favored
Re: Jamb:my Four Years Experience by Amplitron: 2:34pm On Mar 13, 2016
Guys, can you speak with people who have actually passed jamb and got admitted into universities to recheck this your opinions? Ask if they think they got the admissions through a crazy system that randomly awarded marks or if they think they got what they deserved.
Speaking with people who are also yet to get it right is not the right way forward. It will buy you sympathies but not success.
Re: Jamb:my Four Years Experience by xender(m): 4:54pm On Mar 13, 2016
embarassed #RemarkJamb2016 embarassed
Re: Jamb:my Four Years Experience by iconSAGE1(m): 5:54pm On Mar 13, 2016
uchman:
Awwww!
I seriously feel for you brotherly...

Ok now,
Enough of jamb...
Try prescience, pre-degree or diploma...

Who knows?
i got admitted through pre-science...

Please how do go about the pre science or diploma.. Pls i need information as soon as possible
Re: Jamb:my Four Years Experience by uchman(m): 7:26am On Mar 14, 2016
iconSAGE1:

Please how do go about the pre science or diploma.. Pls i need information as soon as possible

Please check the website of the school you are interested in... Every information is written there...
Re: Jamb:my Four Years Experience by ajanma2(m): 11:24pm On Mar 20, 2016
marinxxx:
If you have not written jamb atleast 2times then you might not be able to understand what im going to tell you today.
This institution called jamb has been so unorganized unpreprared and reluctant to the néeds of the average student that getting admission is 20% based on merit the rest are money, connection then maybe luck

I wrote my first jamb in 2013 when i was writing my waec i wasnt really prepared for it i had subjects from Monday to Friday then on Saturday was my jamb i scored 198 i felt good because of my unpreparedness and considering it was my first jamb i wrote post utme that year and got 60....i didnt get admission and i did not try poly,i wasnt bothered it was my first

Then the second year came it was when they introduced computer based test i wasnt afraid of this one i read my books,went to lesson and i had all the information i needed except one....there was this issue of negative marking they said what you dont know you better leave it blank because any extra marks u fail will be deducted i followed the warning diligently like a good student after writing what i would term my best exam yet i got 211 i was like wtf!!! afterall i wrote then it hit me it might be those blank spaces i couldve gotten 50extra marks had i tried to fill thém. i wrote post utme i got 56 unizik fr law i didnt get admission the second year
By the third year i was conversant with all thier past questions and all. i was ready for them anytime anywhere so when the exam came i ignored negative marking shit i didnt go to lesson i studied at home then i bagged 265 cool right? Well not exactly i got over
70% in my 3 subjects thats literature,govt and crs but english which seemed to be the surest for me i scored 50% like wtf!!! I was sure of atlest 80 then i noticed that most people with high marks failed English a friend of mine with 285 failed english he scored 49 then i focused on my post utme unizik they brought their own shenanigans
Our post utme questions were 20 questions under 10mins trust me i read anything i couldve read i read unizik post utme past questions unn post utme past questions even ansu but the questions i saw were like final year students questions.i scored 40 nd i was tinking i was low it was when i saw 15 even 0 then i had hope they even gave dmission to people lower than me contact me ill give u proof....thats how i lost admission the 3rd time thats in 2015

Then this year i wrote jamb with much zeal and effort i put in my all i wrote on 8th march 2016 but till now I've not gotten my result and they said 95% of all the people that wrote on 8th and 9 did not make upto 200

Plz ooo help me create awareness cause this is no more my fault its no more about reading ooo cause i have done that way too much if a anybody knows anything i can do please indicate oooo thank u for ur time
unizik is bleeped up.trust me.if u dnt knw sum1 dia,den OYO.I had 245 last year,50 in pume,psychology,no admsn hun.while ppl wif 15 in post ume got admission wif solid courses

(1) (Reply)

Federal University Of Technology, Minna Pre-admission Screening Exercise Is Out / Excessive Hair In Women / SUG: List Kogi Government Wants For Kogi State University Student Union Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.