Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,744 members, 7,915,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 03:50 PM

Things You Should Know About Online Dating - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Things You Should Know About Online Dating (497 Views)

Can Online Dating Lead To Marriage? / Find Nigerian Singles, Hot And Sexy African Singles From This Online Dating Site / Are Nigerians Really Ready For Online Dating. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Things You Should Know About Online Dating by musicmaker: 9:27am On Mar 13, 2016
Since the world became a global village online dating turns out to be the most popular way relationships are started, it seems kinda awkward now when guys try to use the conventional methods of approaching women like walking up to a total stranger and making passes at her. Online dating has made it easier for ladies to interact with strangers from the safety and comfort of their homes.

For you guys who meet single pretty ladies online and don't know how to go about it, I'll share some tips with you on how to present yourself to a girl you met online and you want to kick it with her.

STUDY HER PERSONALITY: The first thing you do is try to study her, if you met her via social media like Instagram or Twitter or other dating sites, observe her pictures and post, the kind of pix and post a girl displays can give you an idea of the type of person she is, for example, a girl that takes a lot of selfies will like being complimented on her facial beauty while a girl that snaps mostly full size image photos is either very fashion conscious or is very confident of her physical built and should be complimented on her outfits and her physique. Knowing these little details are important to guide you on how to interact with her. This is just one instance, there are other things you will notice if you study her pictures and posts. You can also study her by asking her questions about herself from time to time but don't indulge in asking too many questions at once, that always feels like interrogation and it puts ladies off.

COMPLIMENTS IS THE KEY: Women live for compliments, if you know how to give a lady compliments you are already half way past friend zone, they try not to show it but every time you compliment a lady on her outfit, hairstyle, even little things like her earrings, I can tell you there is a little butterfly that dances round her tummy. Try to avoid direct compliments like "you are beautiful" or " you are pretty" that sounds plain and dry and every pretty girl is used to hearing that, it's better when you compliment for a reason like "Wow! That dress looks good on you, looking real cute and pretty girl" you notice  how I used "pretty girl" as the cushion to land my other compliments. You need to be creative with your compliments and make sure you don't fail to notice a new hair style, it is very important that you notice every time she changes her look, wears a new earrings etc.

A PATIENT DOG EATS THE FATTEST BONE: Be patient with her slow response to your chats or texts. Ladies naturally love the chase and it is very normal for them to make you come with your best hunting game at the initial stage, don't be surprised that it takes her an hour to respond to your chat, sometimes they deliberately ignore you just for the fun of it. If you like her I advice you to keep chatting even when she doesn't respond or delay in replying and if she continues to put you on that run don't loose your cool, rather appeal to her in very cool words that it seems she doesn't really have time for you but you like her and you hope she would. Don't get frustrated and loose your cool when she ignores your chat, you might end up sending her a stinker, I know it's annoying, yeah women are experts at getting on your nerves but stay classy and think of the fat bone you might eat in future.

ATTENTION IS ADDICTIVE: Not to be confused with pestering or stalking, giving a lady attention has to be welcomed by her if not it becomes pestering. Women get bored and lonely easily and when they are in this mood they sometimes want to chat to while away time so if you notice a girl becomes very responsive to your chats then that could be your chance to make a lasting impression. This is when the details you gathered from studying her comes into play, give her all the attention you can by chatting with her about things that interest her. Keep it simple and don't flood her with too much information for example

Her: "where are you from?"
You: "My dad is Nigerian but I was born in New York and my mum is from Spain, my grandma is Chinese so am partly asian"

This is unessecary and might come off boring to a girl that is already bored. I would expect you to hold a conversation like this

Her: "Where are you from?"
You: "Am Nigerian with European and Asian decent".

This is short and simple with a bit of mystery, ladies enjoy solving a good mystery so she might want you to elaborate and this will prompt her to ask you more questions, by doing so she is subconsciously getting more interested in you. Take advantage of when she is responsive to your chats and be a good sport by giving her enough 

Read about more online dating tips and other relationship topics from the source via link below

http://itsblacocloc..fr/2016/03/when-you-meet-girl-online-things-you.html?m=0

1 Like

Re: Things You Should Know About Online Dating by emmaback(f): 1:43pm On Mar 15, 2016
Thank you for sharing these tips! I've recently started using online dating sites like http://www.asiandate.com/ to find my love. There are so many interesting people looking for love and romance there. Hope, I`ll meet my soulmate soonsmiley

(1) (Reply)

Best Dating Sites / I Need A Girl Friend / MOD Please Assist, I Need To Delete A Thread, What Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.