Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,124 members, 7,880,510 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 07:49 PM

Is It Economically Wise For My House Rent To Gulp My 2month Salary - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Is It Economically Wise For My House Rent To Gulp My 2month Salary (1562 Views)

Top 6 Reasons Why the Lagos Rent-to-Own Scheme is Great / Ambode Introduces Rent-to-own House Policy In Lagos / How Much Is Your House Rent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Economically Wise For My House Rent To Gulp My 2month Salary by AltarBoy1: 10:26am On Mar 13, 2016
I relocated to another state where I have no relation/friend that I can stay with. Now, I have been looking for an accommodation but the result is been futile.

Though I hv seen some houses that are relatively cheap, but they are notthing to write home about.
Finally, I got a one room apartment in a good area though am sharing the utilities with a nebor. The problem now is that the rent is exactly my two months salary.

So am just wondering if its really economically wise to rent such a house without having to feel the economic impact later on.
Re: Is It Economically Wise For My House Rent To Gulp My 2month Salary by Nobody: 10:29am On Mar 13, 2016
You will feel it later but you don't have to worry as nothing is permanent!
The first step of the matter you have already done! Getting a tenancy agreement.
Now you should work to aim at moving into your own home!
Re: Is It Economically Wise For My House Rent To Gulp My 2month Salary by Iykopee(m): 10:32am On Mar 13, 2016
Presidiot buhari see wetin u dom cause for this guy... Useless man.
Re: Is It Economically Wise For My House Rent To Gulp My 2month Salary by malele(m): 10:37am On Mar 13, 2016
How muich is ur salary, cause I don't understand how u need 2 months salary to pay just for a room were u share the toilet?

1 Like

Re: Is It Economically Wise For My House Rent To Gulp My 2month Salary by collinsoft(m): 10:41am On Mar 13, 2016
U just have to put a lot of other factors into consideration.
Are you married and if yes does your wife have a source of income?
Apart from your salary, do u have other means by which u make little money?
How many persons are dependent on you?

I can assure you that if u manage well, u sure can live well and comfortable too.
Re: Is It Economically Wise For My House Rent To Gulp My 2month Salary by AltarBoy1: 10:46am On Mar 13, 2016
malele:
How muich is ur salary, cause I don't understand how u need 2 months salary to pay just for a room were u share the toilet?
The apartment is like a two bed room flat, so am picking one room and I still hv access to d parlor, though I hv nothing to do with it since I don't hv properties yet. The rent is 150 but I will hv change from my salary wch I will still use to pay for bills like phcn, water and others related to the house.
Re: Is It Economically Wise For My House Rent To Gulp My 2month Salary by AltarBoy1: 10:49am On Mar 13, 2016
collinsoft:
U just have to put a lot of other factors into consideration.
Are you married and if yes does your wife have a source of income?
Apart from your salary, do u have other means by which u make little money?
How many persons are dependent on you?

I can assure you that if u manage well, u sure can live well and comfortable too.
Married, nope. No other income, but myt hv once d exchange rate stalizes. I have junior once, but my seniors got it covered. Though that doesn't mean that I won't contribute to the family.
Re: Is It Economically Wise For My House Rent To Gulp My 2month Salary by chigoizie7(m): 10:56am On Mar 13, 2016
AltarBoy1:
I relocated to another state where I have no relation/friend that I can stay with. Now, I have been looking for an accommodation but the result is been futile.

Though I hv seen some houses that are relatively cheap, but they are notthing to write home about.
Finally, I got a one room apartment in a good area though am sharing the utilities with a nebor. The problem now is that the rent is exactly my two months salary.

So am just wondering if its really economically wise to rent such a house without having to feel the economic impact later on.

Number 1, we don't know how much is d rent,

Number 2, we don't know how much is your salary.

Number 3, we don't know if u pay per month or per annum.

Clarify these and I will give u a good answer.

Nevertheless.

If u earn 30k per month and your rent is 60k per annum, it is very much ok.

A one room apartment in which u share the utilities can not be above 120k, but if u pay such amount for less, then, u are economically unwise.

If ur rent is 400k/month and u earn 200k per month, it is still on the good side.

Considerably, u have all your 10months salary all to yourself. So, it is still economically wise, considering the fact that house rent is a need and kinda determines if we can continue working or not, 1st thing 1st, shelter is paramount.

Elucidate us properly and your questions can be answered.

As far as I know, u asked no question @ all.

1 Like

Re: Is It Economically Wise For My House Rent To Gulp My 2month Salary by morningsta(m): 10:59am On Mar 13, 2016
@Op, your house rent is worth only 2 months of your salary ? May be you should consider moving to an apartment that will cost only half of your monthly income. As for me, my rent is a little bit above my income for 2 months smiley
Re: Is It Economically Wise For My House Rent To Gulp My 2month Salary by chigoizie7(m): 11:04am On Mar 13, 2016
AltarBoy1:
The apartment is like a two bed room flat, so am picking one room and I still hv access to d parlor, though I hv nothing to do with it since I don't hv properties yet. The rent is 150 but I will hv change from my salary wch I will still use to pay for bills like phcn, water and others related to the house.

If ur rent is per anum, bros, it is economically wise
Re: Is It Economically Wise For My House Rent To Gulp My 2month Salary by AltarBoy1: 11:06am On Mar 13, 2016
chigoizie7:

Number 1, we don't know how much is d rent,

Number 2, we don't know how much is your salary.

Number 3, we don't know if u pay per month or per annum.

Clarify these and I will give u a good answer.

Nevertheless.

If u earn 30k per month and your rent is 60k per annum, it is very much ok.

A one room apartment in which u share the utilities can not be above 120k, but if u pay such amount for less, then, u are economically unwise.

If ur rent is 400k/month and u earn 200k per month, it is still on the good side.

Considerably, u have all your 10months salary all to yourself. So, it is still economically wise, considering the fact that house rent is a need and kinda determines if we can continue working or not, 1st thing 1st, shelter is paramount.

Elucidate us properly and your questions can be answered.

As far as I know, u asked no question @ all.
like I mentioned earlier, rent is 150 and judging from the location and the building, its worth it. Salary is just below 90k with some overtime allowance whenever we stay beyong closing, though its negligible for now. The left over is what I plan to use in d payment of utilities. And yes, the rent is per annum.
Re: Is It Economically Wise For My House Rent To Gulp My 2month Salary by Ejemehn(m): 11:08am On Mar 13, 2016
OP..... I think you have made a little error. Little because you can still make corrections. My advice, move out after your rent expires and move into a place where at least a month will suffice. It'll enable you make plans for the future when you start small.
Re: Is It Economically Wise For My House Rent To Gulp My 2month Salary by weezii(m): 11:15am On Mar 13, 2016
I totally understand your situation bro cos I was there once. Where the problem lies is even after you've paid the rent what of the properties you'd need to start life with.

You just might end up spending around 3-4 months salary just to get settled in. But that's if you'd need to buy properties at once.

Otherwise try cut down expenses as much as you can for now
Re: Is It Economically Wise For My House Rent To Gulp My 2month Salary by chigoizie7(m): 11:23am On Mar 13, 2016
AltarBoy1:
like I mentioned earlier, rent is 150 and judging from the location and the building, its worth it. Salary is just below 90k with some overtime allowance whenever we stay beyong closing, though its negligible for now. The left over is what I plan to use in d payment of utilities. And yes, the rent is per annum.

Since the location of the house is ok by you and d rent also ok for the apartment, den what's the fuss about?

Let's assume u earn 80k multiplied by 12months, it will give u 960k and if u subtract 150k from 960k, u will have a balance of 810k, bros, it is economically wise.

150k is like 15% of your salary if we go by the 80k/month assumptions, so, bros, it is economically wise.

Everything doesn't have to be free u know?
Re: Is It Economically Wise For My House Rent To Gulp My 2month Salary by AngelXs: 11:27am On Mar 13, 2016
If the house has all d necessary basic amenities u require & d rent is at close range with other apartments u have checked out, I suggest u pay by installment b4 d due date. I believe it's acceptable. It helps u save money & plan ahead... My thought
Re: Is It Economically Wise For My House Rent To Gulp My 2month Salary by geosegun(m): 11:34am On Mar 13, 2016
Yes, It is more tHan OK. You need at least a yr to balance/Settle down in a new location. In as much as you are happy with the quality of the service and location, which is good for your state of mind. By the time a yr is gone you will realise that the amount you are paying is OK.

For example assume you pay 4 months salary for this year and the next. 3 months for furnishings and all other conviniences. 2 months for feeding. 3 months savings. You have the whole of 10 month salary for the following yr less feeding allowance. It means you are still far OK.

Do not use more than 2yrs in a shared apartment. You may not like the experience afterwards. Listen to the words of the wise, dear. I am speaking from experience.

Goodluck.
Re: Is It Economically Wise For My House Rent To Gulp My 2month Salary by AltarBoy1: 11:38am On Mar 13, 2016
weezii:
I totally understand your situation bro cos I was there once. Where the problem lies is even after you've paid the rent what of the properties you'd need to start life with.

You just might end up spending around 3-4 months salary just to get settled in. But that's if you'd need to buy properties at once.

Otherwise try cut down expenses as much as you can for now
For now, I dont think I need properties even in d next two years... Just d basics like kitchen utensils and mayb small fridge.
Re: Is It Economically Wise For My House Rent To Gulp My 2month Salary by weezii(m): 7:19pm On Mar 13, 2016
AltarBoy1:
For now, I dont think I need properties even in d next two years... Just d basics like kitchen utensils and mayb small fridge.
Then you're good to go man.

Success in all your endeavors plus growth in your place of employment
Re: Is It Economically Wise For My House Rent To Gulp My 2month Salary by AltarBoy1: 7:44pm On Mar 13, 2016
weezii:

Then you're good to go man.

Success in all your endeavors plus growth in your place of employment
Thanks a lot. Really appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Is It Economically Wise For My House Rent To Gulp My 2month Salary by Ephemmm: 4:18pm On Mar 14, 2016
Iykopee:
Presidiot buhari see wetin u dom cause for this guy... Useless man.

Another Biafra lunatic on the loose.

1 Like

Re: Is It Economically Wise For My House Rent To Gulp My 2month Salary by AltarBoy1: 9:55pm On Mar 14, 2016
Ephemmm:

Another Biafra lunatic on the loose.
Must everything be Biafra...

(1) (Reply)

2 Bedroom Flat For Rent In Uyo Akwa Ibom State 250k / Carpark Canopy In Abuja And Environ / Classic 5bedroom Duplex In Pearl Gardens Estate Eliozu, Port Harcourt..pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.