Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,929 members, 7,872,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:14 AM

Government Sabotage: President Buhari, APC Are Their Own Saboteurs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Government Sabotage: President Buhari, APC Are Their Own Saboteurs (6294 Views)

"Three Of Buhari's Ministers Were Saboteurs" - Akamukale, APC BOT / BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs / Amaechi, APC Are Corrupt, PDP Insists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Government Sabotage: President Buhari, APC Are Their Own Saboteurs by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:08am On Mar 13, 2016
In an interview with Qatari Aljazeera during his not-so-fruitful trip to Qatar, President Muhammadu Buhari made claim of saboteurs within his government. While reading the interview report, I made attempt to reconcile the claims of the President and facts on ground to establish who really was sabotaging Buhari but I could only find two saboteurs; the first is Buhari, the second is his party and praise-singers.

How Buhari Sabotaged His Own Government:
If we are honest with ourselves, we'll admit that President Buhari is one lucky President that didn't inherit problems from his predecessors. For instance, he was lucky enough to inherit a power sector that has already been reformed by Jonathan's administration and already yielding fruit. He was lucky enough to inherit a Nigeria that wasn't plagued by ethnic clashes. He was lucky enough to inherit Nigeria's refineries that was already undergoing infrastructural reform. He was so lucky to inherit a Nigeria that was tagged the number one growing investment haven in Africa. He inherited Youth Empowerment Schemes like YouWIN, and inherited a roadmap that has the potential to lead to permanent restructure of Nigeria, the 2014 Confab Report(which is entirely another story). All that was needed of Buhari was to consolidate on what he met on ground, and take us from where we were(as at May 2015) to where we dream to be. Not forgeting that he is the only President in Nigeria to have the luxury of governing without the distraction of election litigation.

Unfortunately, President Buhari blew away all that. Take the power sector for instance, he assumed that the improved power that came into being when he was sworn-in was due to his body language and 'fear' of his person by staffs and management of the various GENSCOs and DISCOs. Instead of crediting the development to reforms of the sector, and improve on the reform President Buhari deliberately refused to bring on board his own power plan nor develop the plan he inherit from his predecessor, he would rather allow the system to flow by itself in "auto-piloting mode". Six months into his administration, Buhari merged the power sector with two unrelated sectors (works and housing) and brought in Raji Fashola, a lawyer and politician that has no clue about the sector to head the new ministry. The outcome of his mis-steps is the power failure that is being experienced in all part of the country, including Aso Rock. Perhaps, the huge budget on diesel for Aso rock was because President Buhari was prepared for his own power failure.

Buhari failed woefully to put up economic blueprint to transform Nigeria from being the fastest growing investment hub in Africa to a permanent investment haven. Instead he banked on his body language and Lai's propaganda to do the job, as a result, we not only lost investors coming in but we lost those already in. His failure to put up economic team in his first months in office that would define our fiscal direction led to loss of investors' confidence.

...Sabotaging Nigeria's Religious And Social Peace
About a week ago President Buhari confirmed Nigeria's membership in Saudi-led Islamic Coalition Against Terrorism. Justifying the membership, Buhari said “We are part of it because we have got terrorists in Nigeria that everybody knows which claims that they are Islamic". Isn't it an invitation of chaos to associate Nigeria with a particular religion and even make it appear like an Islamic State? Should Buhari insult the Christian community by saying that “Why can’t those Christians that complain go and fight terrorism in Nigeria or fight the militants in the South.” Does he mean that only muslims fight militants in the South South and Boko Haram terrorists in the North East? Is the President's statement not enough to create religious tension and threaten the relative peace that we enjoy?

...Sabotaging His Own Stand On Secession
The same President Buhari that vowed that "Biafran agitators are joking with the security and Nigeria won’t tolerate Biafra” in his Aljazeera interview, is the same man that pledged Nigeria's support for secessionist Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic (SADR) aka Western Sahara(from Morocco) in line with several resolutions of the African Union (AU) on the right of the Sahrawi people to self- determination and independence. He is the same man that pledged "total support" for Palestinian Statehood with Jerusalem as capital. Doesn't that reeks hypocrisy? Is the AU charter on self determination restricted to only Western Sahara or does it specifically exclude non-Muslim agitators like Biafra? Would Buhari had supported the Biafran agitation if they were predominantly muslims like the Palestinians and Western Saharans? Is Buhari's action a panacea of peace or chaos?

Marginalising The Southern Minorities in NNPC Appointment
The recent appointment in the NNPC was a clear display of marginalisation of southern minorities whose lands and waters the oil lies and whose environment is polluted. His action is clearly an invitation to rebellion from people from the region. Who will Buhari blame if such rebellion arise?

...His Inaction On Fulani Herdsmen/Terrorists
Fulani herdsmen have graduated from being social and environmental nuisance to full blown terrorists. Killing scores in the most gruesome manner in Agatu(Benue state), Mile 12(Lagos state), and Abia state, yet the government of Buhari has refused to permanently address the issue. It is even shameful that IGP Solomon Arase would tell us to our faces that the Agatu casualty is "overrated". Is the President inviting ethnic conflict or a civil war before he will act?

Who/What Has Buhari And APC Not Blamed?
Since May 29, 2015, this administration of change(as claimed) has turned into an administration of blame. They blamed Jonathan for all that happened during his government and also blame him for all that is happening now that he has left power. They blamed innocent civil servants for their(government) own failure to put up a sane budget proposal. They blamed the Supreme Court Justices for their own failure to present better argument in the governorship election cases PDP candidates won. They blamed poor oil price for their failure to come up with and implement sound monetary and fiscal policies for the economy. They didn't just stop there, they blamed God for the collapse of the economy. They blamed oil price for their own failure to meet their campaign promise. Now they are blaming saboteurs. Who are the saboteurs if not Buhari and his army of praise-singers?

Who will they blame next? Like I told some people on Palmchat network, I just hope they don't shift their blame to the unborn generation.

May God Bless Us All and Bless Nigeria

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Government Sabotage: President Buhari, APC Are Their Own Saboteurs by Olamitisoji(m): 11:10am On Mar 13, 2016
Very true @tonyebarcanista

2 Likes

Re: Government Sabotage: President Buhari, APC Are Their Own Saboteurs by emerged01(m): 11:12am On Mar 13, 2016
Food is ready!!!
Re: Government Sabotage: President Buhari, APC Are Their Own Saboteurs by SUPERPACK: 11:12am On Mar 13, 2016
Have you blamed Buhari today?.

3 Likes

Re: Government Sabotage: President Buhari, APC Are Their Own Saboteurs by EasternActivist: 11:13am On Mar 13, 2016
First of tonyebarcanista write up that I compliment because of his objectivity in compiling the piece.

But My promising double edged arrow goes to osibanjo.

The worst part is that they has relegated the vice president of this country to the background.
The hypocrite of a VP cannot even put up an objective statement addressing the situation at hand, I don't know If he is scared of buhari or not, whether he is patriotic or not, whether he is now a Muslim fulani or not...

See brutality lists by fulanis compiled by a nairlander done to his people yet the yeye man doesn't want to offend his clueless master buhari by speaking up, releasing statement or invoking actions about the recent menance.

https://www.nairaland.com/2125679/yorubas-traitors-dont-care-loss

Yoruba Youths Have Lost Influence, Respect Of Nigerians... Maxwell A Adeleye -https://www.naij.com/441183-yoruba-youths-have-lost-influence-respect-of-nigerians.html

https://www.nairaland.com/2668808/opinion-todays-yoruba-youths-too

https://www.nairaland.com/2985450/fulani-herdsmen-attack-polytechnic-ado-ekiti

https://www.nairaland.com/2979984/breaking-news-hausa-vs-yoruba

https://www.nairaland.com/2978264/mile-12-mayhem-oodua-group

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUQeK5qfKGw

https://www.nairaland.com/2970650/hausas-backed-security-agents-unleash
https://www.nairaland.com/2970510/true-story-hausa-yoruba-conflict

https://www.nairaland.com/896254/hausa-yoruba-clash-lagos-over

https://www.nairaland.com/2845159/kwara-nupe-yoruba-clash-own-nupe

https://www.nairaland.com/416792/kwara-nupe-yoruba-fresh-row

https://www.nairaland.com/2749994/invasion-nigeria-benin-rep-1914

https://www.nairaland.com/2748728/benin-republic-invades-kwara-nigeria
https://www.nairaland.com/2752651/invasion-nigerian-communities-soldiers-storm

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/fulani-herdsmen-rape-newly-wed-in-ogun/

2 Likes

Re: Government Sabotage: President Buhari, APC Are Their Own Saboteurs by psucc(m): 11:14am On Mar 13, 2016
It was an unwholesome pact and the interest of all involve was to wrest power from GEJ not PDP because it is still the PDP members that are in APC.

Having won the war, now the have the worst battle to contain - Dividing the spoils of war.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Government Sabotage: President Buhari, APC Are Their Own Saboteurs by Udmaster(m): 11:15am On Mar 13, 2016
NgeneUkwenu, Sweetlemon, the Rusted brown roofers and other APC zombies will shed tears at these thread.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Government Sabotage: President Buhari, APC Are Their Own Saboteurs by tinkinjow: 11:16am On Mar 13, 2016
I ll take d blame too
Re: Government Sabotage: President Buhari, APC Are Their Own Saboteurs by megaik: 11:20am On Mar 13, 2016
Excellent write up.

Have you blamed GEJ today?

5 Likes

Re: Government Sabotage: President Buhari, APC Are Their Own Saboteurs by Phame: 11:20am On Mar 13, 2016
Abati-wannabe, can you be a lil bit deeper in your write-ups? They are always disjointed and shallow. I do want to read ur posts, but each time I do, I find them too light for my consumption.
Imagine the OP saying buhari was lucky to have met a working system. What's wrong with you?
I seek refuge or protection over me from wailers.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Government Sabotage: President Buhari, APC Are Their Own Saboteurs by joeprince23(m): 11:25am On Mar 13, 2016
@op This is your 1st article since your public apologies and going by this your writeup one can assume that your apology was sincere and done in good faith, we in SS and my brothers in SE have forgiven you and we are giving you a second chance.... President Bu-hari-a problem is his own doing,he knows he is an illiterate and lack competence why not apoint capable hands,instead he filled his cabinet with a lai-mohamed, an kemi-adaosun, et al. His security force with a mallam-daura, an arase solomon et al. His personal assitants with a femi- adashinna ,an gaba ishiewu etc. APC is scam!!!!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Government Sabotage: President Buhari, APC Are Their Own Saboteurs by lukecent: 11:25am On Mar 13, 2016
Yes, good write-up

A confused administration built on propaganda.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Government Sabotage: President Buhari, APC Are Their Own Saboteurs by Pennsylvania: 11:26am On Mar 13, 2016
Buhari's problem is him being old school, here are the three issues with PMB:

1. I remember watching a video recently in which he was being interviews on Al Jazeera and he was asked about the current forex crises plaguing the country and his words were 'If Nigerians can't afford it so be it' he was actually referring to the parents who have their wards schooling abroad.
2. His problem was also the delay in appointing ministers for close to half a year.....the country then was on standstill, virtually all sectors was on 'auto pilot mode'
3. This third point is also one of the problems most African leaders face, GEJ also faced it, and that is when his subjects can't tell him the truth. Like GEJ, most of PMB subordinates have not been really telling him how the masses are feeling and how bad things have degenerated, you'll still go to twitter and still see people suffering yet putting #IStandWithBuhari and other rubbish. Tell me when a president sees all these, he'll think he's doing something good hence all the praises.

On the flip side, Buhari has disobeyed court orders several times, but actually wants Tompolo and others to accept the court invitation and come forward so he can continue his dictatorship on him, I remember watching the media chat whereby he lied to over 170 million Nigerians that Nnamdi Kanu smuggled weapons and other equipment into the country from his Radio Biafra before SR told us that when NK was arrested, he wasn't having anything on him. Now we're discussing masked witness for a man that hasn't killed anybody yet silence on the continuous massacre on innocent individuals from Fulani terrorist organization - yes that's what they are, people should stop calling them 'herdsmen'!
Look at the current fuel scarcity going on, if there was a Petroleum minister, by now he'll have been summoned by NASS or even sacked, but since Buhari made himself Petroleum minister, everybody is quiet and pretending as if nothing is going on, thereby suffering and smiling quietly.

If you really want to know what I think of Buhari, I think his ministers are just there for figure head including the VP, Buhari makes all the decision. No matter how intelligent you are, if you are in this government your intelligence will look stupid.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Government Sabotage: President Buhari, APC Are Their Own Saboteurs by Paperwhite(m): 11:27am On Mar 13, 2016
That was epic! Gross dissection of the pathoanatophysiology of this diseased regime."Kokoro to je efo ara efo lowa".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Government Sabotage: President Buhari, APC Are Their Own Saboteurs by JANK23H(m): 11:28am On Mar 13, 2016
The clock is ticking, it's only a matter of time before they run out of excuses. Even the Zombies are closet wailers, some have even taken the bold step to wail openly.

Pride and stupidity can be attributed to the reason they refused to continue with some of the laudable economic policies of the past administration. Agriculture is on the downward slide at the moment.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Government Sabotage: President Buhari, APC Are Their Own Saboteurs by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:30am On Mar 13, 2016

1 Like

Re: Government Sabotage: President Buhari, APC Are Their Own Saboteurs by rexel99: 11:30am On Mar 13, 2016
Nice piece, you forget to include starting his tenure without the usual hustle of his mandate been challenged in the court. The Gods wants to humble him.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Government Sabotage: President Buhari, APC Are Their Own Saboteurs by 7footre(m): 11:35am On Mar 13, 2016
All the Nigerians in diaspora that campaigned actively for Buhari, after saying all sorts about the past administration have suddenly gone deaf, dumb and blind..... APC/Buhari is a mistake a costly one at that. I hope the country is still redeemable when Buhari and his cohorts are done with us

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Government Sabotage: President Buhari, APC Are Their Own Saboteurs by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:38am On Mar 13, 2016
Phame:
Abati-wannabe, can you be a lil bit deeper in your write-ups? They are always disjointed and shallow. I do want to read ur posts, but each time I do, I find them too light for my consumption.
Imagine the OP saying buhari was lucky to have met a working system. What's wrong with you?
I seek refuge or protection over me from wailers.
Oga, what wasn't working before Buhari came to office? They might not be working at optimal level but there was a system on ground. Can you compare that to what we have under Buhari?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Government Sabotage: President Buhari, APC Are Their Own Saboteurs by Nobody: 11:43am On Mar 13, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

For instance, he was lucky enough to inherit a power sector that has already been reformed by Jonathan's administration and already yielding fruit.

He was lucky enough to inherit a Nigeria that wasn't plagued by ethnic clashes.

He was lucky enough to inherit Nigeria's refineries that was already undergoing infrastructural reform.

He was so lucky to inherit a Nigeria that was tagged the number one growing investment haven in Africa.

F.C. Barca - Your write up is absolutely on point but please stop being partisan.

Buhari may have inherited all these things you listed above but with looted & virtually depleted treasury, they're all useless.
Re: Government Sabotage: President Buhari, APC Are Their Own Saboteurs by mynd1(f): 11:44am On Mar 13, 2016
Op,I Hope Dis is not as a result of small money given to u by ur PDP ba?cause all I can see here is a paid writer who is trying so hard to earn a living. Anyway,man must chop. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Government Sabotage: President Buhari, APC Are Their Own Saboteurs by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:52am On Mar 13, 2016
mynd1:
Op,I Hope Dis is not as a result of small money given to u by ur PDP ba?cause all I can see here is a paid writer who is trying so hard to earn a living. Anyway,man must chop. cheesy

Madam, na you pay me? Why not focus on the subject instead?

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Government Sabotage: President Buhari, APC Are Their Own Saboteurs by BlackTechnology: 12:03pm On Mar 13, 2016
Some people won't like this

1 Like

Re: Government Sabotage: President Buhari, APC Are Their Own Saboteurs by Nobody: 12:09pm On Mar 13, 2016
mynd1:
Is ita crime for you to address the points dman stated above.. Why attacking his personality? ?
U re a hypocritical moslem....

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Government Sabotage: President Buhari, APC Are Their Own Saboteurs by fiizznation: 12:13pm On Mar 13, 2016
The problem with you Mr op is that; you lie alot. You are very sanctimonious that you normally end up fooling yourself and your gullible intellectually handicapped fans.

Now you started peddling your lies that buhari inherited a reform power sector from goodluck Jonathan. If truly the sector was reformed as you want to hoodwink your readers to believe, then why was power distribution and generation in a comatose state in the last month of goodluck's administration?
Nigeria as a country was never divided like what happened in the past administration. We even saw how a suppose first lady insulted an entire section of the federation just because of her husband's ambition. Goodluck himself told the entire world that a particular section of the country are sabotaging his efforts. Now how can a leader make reckless comments like this?

Did you just said he inherited a Nigeria that was the number one hub for investors coming to Africa. Now tell me, how many investments were made in Nigeria during goodluck's tenure? As for the confab report, buhari didn't initiated it nor did the 8th Assembly approved it. Btw do you know that confab was illegal and wasn't backed up by any law nor was any motion moved against/for it in the senate? Jonathan was told that he was conducting an illegal confab but what did he do?

Op, you are just one mischievous man riding on the gullibility of your supporters and fans. The Biafra agitators are not serious and buhari as the commander in chief is expected to protect every inch of Nigeria territory. If goodluck had won the previous election, nobody would have heard anything like "give us Biafra or death". The agitation for Biafra itself is an after election defeat cry. So I don't understand how a sane person will compare Biafra agitation with a genuinely agitation of sahrawi state. And if you are not informed, then let me tell you that the agitation for sahrawi state didn't state today, rather the agitation has being ongoing for ages. Their case is even in the UN and even US are supporting the sahrawi separate state from Morocco. Can same be said about Biafra?

Funny. Op were you not the same person that came here to peddle your lies about gbagi villa demolition(an issue you know knowing about), but when I brought facts, statistics to you, what did you do? Didnt you ignorantly abandoned the thread you opened to say what you know nothing about?

All what you said in your post was just a work of an unprofessional mischief maker. Just like one commentator observed, your writing is too shallow, petty and reek of ignorance.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Government Sabotage: President Buhari, APC Are Their Own Saboteurs by Flexherbal(m): 12:14pm On Mar 13, 2016
Politicians are not to be trusted.

1 Like

Re: Government Sabotage: President Buhari, APC Are Their Own Saboteurs by SleekMallam: 12:14pm On Mar 13, 2016
lalasticala
Re: Government Sabotage: President Buhari, APC Are Their Own Saboteurs by Iykopee(m): 12:15pm On Mar 13, 2016
I was dumbfounded when Lai mohammed blamed buhari's failure to manage the economy properly on global economic meltdown. What silly joke of a man is Lai mohammed? Does he believe 170 million Nigerians are fools? This is what u get where senseless old men are leading the frontline.
Re: Government Sabotage: President Buhari, APC Are Their Own Saboteurs by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:15pm On Mar 13, 2016
EasternActivist:
First of tonyebarcanista write up that I compliment because of his objectivity in compiling the piece.

But My promising double edged arrow goes to osibanjo.

The worst part is that they has relegated the vice president of this country to the background.
The hypocrite of a VP cannot even put up an objective statement addressing the situation at hand, I don't know If he is scared of buhari or not, whether he is patriotic or not, whether he is now a Muslim fulani or not...

See brutality lists by fulanis compiled by a nairlander done to his people yet the yeye man doesn't want to offend his clueless master buhari by speaking up, releasing statement or invoking actions about the recent menance.

PYO is helpless like other Deputies
Re: Government Sabotage: President Buhari, APC Are Their Own Saboteurs by mynd1(f): 12:17pm On Mar 13, 2016
crixtex:

Is ita crime for you to address the points dman stated above.. Why attacking his personality? ?
U re a hypocritical moslem....
And u r hypocritical Kristain (arne). angry

1 Like

Re: Government Sabotage: President Buhari, APC Are Their Own Saboteurs by mynd1(f): 12:18pm On Mar 13, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Madam, na you pay me? Why not focus on the subject instead?
lol. Ok sir! cheesy
Re: Government Sabotage: President Buhari, APC Are Their Own Saboteurs by modath(f): 12:20pm On Mar 13, 2016
TonyeBarcanista, i try as much as possible to ignore your paid ADs & i do succeed but one is human & can't unlook all the time cos it boggles the mind how one individual can swing so much or rather allow the wind of self protection swing his face so hard & so much without developing a strong case of whiplash ...

The casual onlooker would be forgiven for assuming this country was an El dorado prior to 2015 with the way you just painted the economy in your first paragraph...

You in your Barcanista days littered this NL with lots of write ups to castigate same Jonathan you are now claiming left a robust Nigeria... My oh my, you are a laugh a minute..... cheesy cheesy

Objectively "attack" these questions;

1. HOW MUCH WAS CRUDE OIL BETWEEN 2010 -MAY 2015 ?

2. Did you dictate terms & agreement to Deji Adeyanju when he gave you a job like NNPC union tried to do before the national backlash made them receive sense.

3. Is this your way of warming your way back into the hearts of the Biafran agitators ? smiley

4.Which country in this world do a section of the citizens decide to destroy power infrastructure & also develop amnesia about how it will not only affect their perceived enemies but also their support base & loyalists as well.

I however agree that PMB's silence on the herdsmen menace & destructive conduct is ominous & unbecoming , I also wish he could be more diplomatic as his intentions & delivery do not tally & most often than not come across the wrong way....

As i always say about you : "God bless your hustle" , cos you do this not for emotional reason but pecuniary...

God will definitely Bless Nigeria irrespective of how much your paymasters try to be cogs in the wheel of progress..

5 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NTA Network News Refers To Osibanjo As Vice-president / First Result From A Polling Unit In Akwaibom- Premiumtimes / Minister Explains Reintroduction Of Toll Gates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.