Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,883 members, 7,980,077 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 03:44 AM

This Can Never Happened In Nigeria! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Can Never Happened In Nigeria! (1395 Views)

What If This Happened In A Mosque In Northern Nigeria / 27 Things That Has Happened In Nigeria Since Buhari Became President / Eye Witness Of What Happened In Camp Between Oliseh And Enyeama (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Can Never Happened In Nigeria! by oyinkinola: 12:57am On Mar 14, 2016
....look at what brasilian do to their looter, can the samething happened in nigeria?

1 Like

Re: This Can Never Happened In Nigeria! by bolanto24(m): 1:05am On Mar 14, 2016
Nigeria is the most difficult country to govern. Besides I don't think the Brazilians have much cultural, religious, language and ethnic diversity as we do.

7 Likes

Re: This Can Never Happened In Nigeria! by oyinkinola: 1:16am On Mar 14, 2016
bolanto24:
Nigeria is the most difficult country to govern. Besides I don't think the Brazilians have much cultural, religious, language and ethnic diversity as we do.

...you see, I think death penaty is the only solution left to put stop to the level of corruption in nigeria!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Can Never Happened In Nigeria! by ephemm(m): 1:25am On Mar 14, 2016
bolanto24:

I agree, over 90% of Brazilians are from just 2 ethnic groups (Whites & Pardo), about 65% of this 205million Brazilians are Catholics, almost 90% are Christians.
In Nigeria, with over 500 languages, and religion, roughly divided into half between Christians and Muslims, a villian to some is an hero to others.

Abacha is still viewed an hero to some, you cannot mention IBB's name with corruption in some places.
In some other places, (Nairaland inclusive) while GEJ and Diezani are their lord and saviour, Obasanjo and Tinubu should be pilloried...

The ethnic, religious and sociocultural diversity is not helping us so well.

7 Likes

Re: This Can Never Happened In Nigeria! by oyinkinola: 1:41am On Mar 14, 2016
ephemm:

I agree, a villian to some is an hero to others.
Abacha is still viewed an hero to some,
U cannot mention IBB is some places,
In some other places, (Nairaland inclusive) GEJ and Diezani are their lord and saviour.

..am very distop with attitude of my people in this country, atleast no religion, ethnics, support the thiefs, where were the student union, labour congress, civil right activists, why all these silents, in a country where we could hardly mobilise 6 trillion for budget how can we allow an idividual to take away with trillion $!

1 Like

Re: This Can Never Happened In Nigeria! by IamPatriotic(m): 3:59am On Mar 14, 2016
ephemm:

I agree, over 90% of Brazilians are from just 2 ethnic groups (Whites & Pardo), about 65% of this 205million Brazilians are Catholics, almost 90% are Christians.
In Nigeria, with over 500 languages, and religion, roughly divided into half between Christians and Muslims, a villian to some is an hero to others.

Abacha is still viewed an hero to some, you cannot mention IBB's name with corruption in some places.
In some other places, (Nairaland inclusive) while GEJ and Diezani are their lord and saviour, Obasanjo and Tinubu should be pilloried...

....unfortunately, some of us fail to realize that when looters are on the sharing table, they're more united and formidable than a FC Barcelona team, except when the sharing formula is breached, it's then the ethnic, religion and cultural cards are played
Re: This Can Never Happened In Nigeria! by oyinkinola: 5:49am On Mar 14, 2016
IamPatriotic:

....unfortunately, some of us fail to realize that when looters are on the sharing table, they're more united and formidable than a FC Barcelona team, except when the sharing formula is breached, it's then the ethnic, religion and cultural cards are played
.....look at this photo for God sake! it worth to be a citisen of a country of a saint people!

Re: This Can Never Happened In Nigeria! by oyinkinola: 6:03am On Mar 14, 2016
pls NL share this photo to the NUPENG/PENGASAN; LABOUR UNION; STUDENT UNION; CIVIL RIGHT ACTIVISTS;
TO COME AND LEARN HOW TO MOBILISE PEOPLE FOR THE BENEFIT OF NATION NOT FOR THEIR HARDSHIP
MY FELLOW COMARADE IT'S TIME TO CHANGE, LET LEARN HOW TO FORCED THE LOOTERS TO SURENDER, ALL OUR SURFRANCES OF TODAY IS BECAUSE OF THE LOOTING ! SOME SAID WHY BLAME GEJ FOR EVERYTHING, WHY NOT?

1 Like

Re: This Can Never Happened In Nigeria! by keally: 6:16am On Mar 14, 2016
oyinkinola:

...you see, I think death penaty is the only solution left to put stop to the level of corruption in nigeria!
. Since death penalty was introduced in Nigeria in 1973, how has it helped in eradicating armed robbery?
Re: This Can Never Happened In Nigeria! by felifeli: 6:23am On Mar 14, 2016
oyinkinola:

Just like death penalty has put a stop to armed robbery in Nigeria?
Re: This Can Never Happened In Nigeria! by oyinkinola: 6:33am On Mar 14, 2016
keally:
. Since death penalty was introduced in Nigeria in 1973, how has it helped in eradicating armed robbery?
...the friend of looter comedown, looting treasory had been put to stopped right now in nigeria ..kudo to Buhari!, the looters must not go unpunished for their act of looting!
Re: This Can Never Happened In Nigeria! by oyinkinola: 6:34am On Mar 14, 2016
felifeli:

Just like death penalty has put a stop to armed robbery in Nigeria?

...the friend of looter comedown, looting treasory had been put to stopped right now in nigeria ..kudo to Buhari!, the looters must not go unpunished for their act of looting!
Re: This Can Never Happened In Nigeria! by felifeli: 7:08am On Mar 14, 2016
oyinkinola:

You and your half-literate god are worse than clueless. Go school you no gree.
Re: This Can Never Happened In Nigeria! by kokoA(m): 7:13am On Mar 14, 2016
ephemm:

It has nothing to do with religion or culture. We are not the only diverse nation in the world, it's more about our value system. A big man drives his range rover to the filling station, jumps hundreds of vehicles on the queue, gets to the gate and squeezes 500naira note into the hand of the security man then he is allowed to buy fuel before a taxi driver who slept on the queue and we see nothing wrong with it, a uniform man enters public transport and refuses to pay, we jump queue at bus parks, banks, even in churches and we see it as "sharpness", some people have never paid for the electricity they consume, some bypass their meters, some parents buy leaked exam papers for their kids, some pay people to write exams for their children, "miracle centers" are seen as normal, special seats are kept for "big men" in social gatherings even if they come late, we begin every event, meeting, etc late and call it "african time", I can go on and on. The truth is that we are all corrupt in one way or another so subconsciously we tend to support corruption. Hausas are not supporting Dasuki as the igbos are. Is he an igbo man or a christian?
Re: This Can Never Happened In Nigeria! by oyinkinola: 7:39am On Mar 14, 2016
felifeli:

You and your half-literate god are worse than clueless. Go school you no gree.
...return to school for Phd looting, never in my life!
Re: This Can Never Happened In Nigeria! by oyinkinola: 7:45am On Mar 14, 2016
kokoA:
It has nothing to do with religion or culture. We are not the only diverse nation in the world, it's more about our value system. A big man drives his range rover to the filling station, jumps hundreds of vehicles on the queue, gets to the gate and squeezes 500naira note into the hand of the security man then he is allowed to buy fuel before a taxi driver who slept on the queue and we see nothing wrong with it, a uniform man enters public transport and refuses to pay, we jump queue at bus parks, banks, even in churches and we see it as "sharpness", some people have never paid for the electricity they consume, some bypass their meters, some parents buy leaked exam papers for their kids, some pay people to write exams for their children, "miracle centers" are seen as normal, special seats are kept for "big men" in social gatherings even if they come late, we begin every event, meeting, etc late and call it "african time", I can go on and on. The truth is that we are all corrupt in one way or another so subconsciously we tend to support corruption. Hausas are not supporting Dasuki as the igbos are. Is he an igbo man or a christian?
...you've said it all! for those us who still have our consciense let rally round the present government in her effort to put the looters in shame they don't deserve our symparty!
Re: This Can Never Happened In Nigeria! by Osakah24(m): 8:37am On Mar 14, 2016
Ethnicity,tribe and religion won't let us do the right thing.Political affiliations too.Naija is not going anywhere like this.
Re: This Can Never Happened In Nigeria! by DauraDullard0(m): 8:42am On Mar 14, 2016
ephemm:

That is why IPOB is vehemently pursuing the dismantling of the evil contraption called Nigeria. The marriage has been a collosal failure and should be annulled.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Police Saved PDP On Convention---bode George / PDP Rejects Edo Governorship Election Results / As We Bid Farewell To 2016, Who Is The Best Senator Of The Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.