Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,155 members, 7,890,918 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 12:47 AM

Is It Ok To Use A Small Biz One Once Did As An Experience On A CV - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Ok To Use A Small Biz One Once Did As An Experience On A CV (902 Views)

4 Secret Ways To Survive In Lagos With A Small Salary / How To Write A CV 'curriculum Vitae' | Format | Example / 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Ok To Use A Small Biz One Once Did As An Experience On A CV by Folabimi(m): 4:17pm On Mar 14, 2016
To the veterans in the house pls, is it ok to use a small biz one once had or did as an experience on a cv? For example, while in school, I sold recharge card, phone accessories and charge phones. Now that am about to start submitting cv, my friend is telling me to use that as a 3yrs experience. Is it acceptable?
Re: Is It Ok To Use A Small Biz One Once Did As An Experience On A CV by alterswerve(m): 8:10pm On Mar 14, 2016
Absolutely yes! I dunno bout the 3 years stuff but include it, and write bout what you learnt doing it and what progress you made
Re: Is It Ok To Use A Small Biz One Once Did As An Experience On A CV by Folabimi(m): 9:43pm On Mar 14, 2016
alterswerve:
Absolutely yes! I dunno bout the 3 years stuff but include it, and write bout what you learnt doing it and what progress you made

Ok thnks, appreciate ur contribution
Re: Is It Ok To Use A Small Biz One Once Did As An Experience On A CV by phoenix480(m): 9:49pm On Mar 14, 2016
@Folabimi

It is an excellence idea to add such experience to your CV. Some many employers are looking for self-starters with entrepreneur traits so that should give you an edge.

Believe me, such experience (if properly packaged) would lead to Interviewers as some Employers would just want to meet you out of curiosity. An Interview takes you a step closer to the job.
Re: Is It Ok To Use A Small Biz One Once Did As An Experience On A CV by Nobody: 11:40am On Mar 15, 2016
I'm sure most of us know that most firms now use the ATS (Applicant Tracking System) to filter CVs. The way it works is that the ATS looks for certain keywords in your CV. If those keywords are found wanting, your CV is screened out!

That definitely is the REASON why so many of us have sent out CVs over a thousand times with little or NO interview invites. There are some online applications you can use to score and access your CV to know how your CV is rated. One of such is www.rezscore.com. Here, all you need is upload your CV and it scores your CV, which is usually between in percentage and between A and F.

My old CV was rated just about 50% initially. I however got the help of a friend who helped me re-write the CV, he re-formatted my CV and put the keywords that all ATS systems look out for. After uploading on Rezscore again, I scored a whooping 90%! and the grade A-

OK! I thought it was a fluke! I applied for 3 different jobs last week and I got an interview invite from 1 of them already! WHAO!

So here's the deal. I'm willing to give out a copy of this at a TOKEN (I paid more for it!) email me at cvflawless@gmail.com if interested.

Regards
Re: Is It Ok To Use A Small Biz One Once Did As An Experience On A CV by Folabimi(m): 5:23pm On Mar 15, 2016
phoenix480:
@Folabimi

It is an excellence idea to add such experience to your CV. Some many employers are looking for self-starters with entrepreneur traits so that should give you an edge.

Believe me, such experience (if properly packaged) would lead to Interviewers as some Employers would just want to meet you out of curiosity. An Interview takes you a step closer to the job.

Thnks 4 ur contribution
Re: Is It Ok To Use A Small Biz One Once Did As An Experience On A CV by Folabimi(m): 5:27pm On Mar 15, 2016
FlawlessCV:
I'm sure most of us know that most firms now use the ATS (Applicant Tracking System) to filter CVs. The way it works is that the ATS looks for certain keywords in your CV. If those keywords are found wanting, your CV is screened out!

That definitely is the REASON why so many of us have sent out CVs over a thousand times with little or NO interview invites. There are some online applications you can use to score and access your CV to know how your CV is rated. One of such is www.rezscore.com. Here, all you need is upload your CV and it scores your CV, which is usually between in percentage and between A and F.

My old CV was rated just about 50% initially. I however got the help of a friend who helped me re-write the CV, he re-formatted my CV and put the keywords that all ATS systems look out for. After uploading on Rezscore again, I scored a whooping 90%! and the grade A-

OK! I thought it was a fluke! I applied for 3 different jobs last week and I got an interview invite from 1 of them already! WHAO!

So here's the deal. I'm willing to give out a copy of this at a TOKEN (I paid more for it!) email me at cvflawless@gmail.com if interested.

Regards

Thnks 4d enlightenment and d info bt I wuld've appreciate it more if u address my question

(1) (Reply)

Should I Dump It And Go For My Msc Degree / Part-time Online Business,supplement You Income Start Earning Today. / Make 20k Or More Weekly Without Stress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.