Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,331 members, 7,947,518 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 09:47 PM

Modesty - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Modesty (595 Views)

Modesty: Our Clothing Should Help Us Avoid Sin / Modesty In Achievement. / Modesty Vs Immodesty: What Is God Saying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Modesty by Blessytee(f): 10:37pm On Mar 14, 2016
The word “modesty” has been overused that a majority (Christians unfortunately) have lost its flavour: Even though some have meant it to be limited only to outward dressing which is a critical part,they haven’t adhered to its principles either.It’s a shame what you see today amongst the believers under the cover of “grace” and “thou shall not judge” type of ideology; yet we preach it to young people expecting them to cover up,but we never applied it to our lives consistently.How come? Some synonyms for the word “Modesty” is: “unpretentiousness” and “self-consciousness”. When the Spirit of God truly dwells in you,you understand that you are His ambassador representing Him in EVERYTHING you do (Col 1:27b “Christ in you, the hope of glory”). This includes the thoughts of your heart that generate the words you speak (Matth 12:34,“For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.”); it also includes the decisions you make,your outlook,the way you treat other people when they are not the same with you,the way you comport yourself both in Church and in public places (dressing included),and the way you treat your spouse and children at home.This is modesty! Don’t let us meant it to be one but ignoring the other because you can still have that outward garment on without a clean heart or good attitude.
In the first place,why do you want to dress to expose that sensitive part of your body? To who’s glory, when the bible says you are His temple?
Modesty is from the inside out and it is expected of all.Modesty applies to both men and women.You may not have a complete understanding of what I’m talking about here but I pray God will grant you understanding and His grace.If you don’t have Jesus I use this opportunity to invite you to come to Him today for salvation.Let Him in your world today,and He promised to give you His Spirit who will teach you “all things”. He will accept you as you call on Him in repentance of your sins.
https://wetrainchristians./2016/03/14/modesty

Phil 4:5 “Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand”

I Cor. 6:19 “What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost [which is] in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?”

I Tim 2:9 “In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;”
Prov 31:30 “Favour [is] deceitful, and beauty [is] vain: [but] a woman [that] feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.”

Matthew 5:28 “But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.”

(1) (Reply)

Happy Easter Nigeria / I Want To Hear About What Exactly Juju Is, In The Context Of Yahoo Plus / Top Ten Questions You Really Should Stop Asking Muslims This Ramadan Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.