Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,861 members, 7,872,857 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:35 AM

How We Started The Best African Restaurant In India - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How We Started The Best African Restaurant In India (1144 Views)

South African Restaurant Refuses To Sell Food To Nigerians (Video) / Malaysia Restaurant Shut Down For Washing Plates In Pothole On The Street (Pic) / See The N200 Per Plate Restaurant Opened By Yobe University Lecturers. (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How We Started The Best African Restaurant In India by Philipsakwari(m): 2:35pm On Mar 15, 2016
In 2011, I left Nigeria for India to further a study in Photography in one of the numerous film schools in the capital, New Delhi. As a custome to most Nigerians studying abroad , we always like to combine some works with our studies. So I travelled with the intention of securing a job to combine with my studies which lasts for one year out of which six months must be used for classroom works while the remaining six months must be used for practical.
My major concerns though was how best to utilize my time while in India and make some money out of it too. I made a lot of efforts to secure decent jobs that could engage me during that six months but none could work out because of my visa status (student's visa) which does not allow me to work in that country. I got very good job offers from the Red Cross, Canadian High Commission and Convergys ( an American outsourcing company) with strong recommendations from friends. Each time I go for preliminary discussion, they always referred me back to my visa status. This situation made me very sad and my options of doing a decent job was seriously dwindling. Already, I had a very big pressure from the Nigerian internet scammers who needed someone with my educational qualifications and skills to help perfect their schemes. That path I had decided never to follow in the course of my life.
Then one day towards the Christmas of that year, a Nigerian friend came to my school to visit. He tabled the proposal of starting an African restaurant before me. Even though I did not liked the idea, but I accepted it since there were no alternatives. In fact I started factoring out how I would adjust into such job. He already had a lot of experience in the business as that was his current job at the time, for he was assisting one of his friends in his African Restaurant. Now he wants to start his own and wants me to be his partner. I reluctantly agreed since all my options were consistently being punctured by my visa status. For more details: http://philipsakwari.com.ng/2016/03/15/how-we-started-the-best-african-restaurant-in-india/

1 Like

Re: How We Started The Best African Restaurant In India by 400billionman: 4:10pm On Mar 15, 2016
Thank God

(1) (Reply)

Pray For America / Turmeric Rice Also Known As Yellow Rice Recipe / Making Sexy Doughnuts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.