Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,639 members, 7,965,484 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 02:38 PM

I Think Nigeria Needs To Be Less Religious To Develop - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Think Nigeria Needs To Be Less Religious To Develop (492 Views)

'I Think Nigeria Is Getting Out Of Recession' - Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun / The Three Changes Nigeria Needs, By Muhammadu Buhari / Nigeria Needs To Devaluate Naira, Ease Dollar Restrictions- Sanusi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Think Nigeria Needs To Be Less Religious To Develop by mrvitalis(m): 2:59pm On Mar 15, 2016
I am not the most religious person on this plant... far from it, Nigeria as a nation is a very religious nation and I often tend to ask myself what has this religion done for Nigeria.
Our believe in God has made may to believe that only God can change Nigeria, if our politicians steal we say surly God will punish him or them, so no need for us to fight and get back what belongs to us.
I want to ask the question how has God be wining this fight? If want anything do it ur self and if u want someone to fight for u... U better fight it ur self
The truth is we have to stand up for our selfs, even the people who brought God to us have almost completely abandoned it and have a lot to show for it, we have to fight our fight, let's act as if there is no God and pray as if only him can save us
God will never solve Nigeria problem only Nigerians can solve our problem that's the truth. Stop waiting for God to solve ur problem.
Hold ur people accountable for what dey do that's the only way to save Nigeria
Re: I Think Nigeria Needs To Be Less Religious To Develop by Twy: 3:16pm On Mar 15, 2016
I don't necessary think it has do to with religion but a mindset of a large section of the population. This mindset and thinking makes it had for these people to create positive benefits for inviduals beyond themselves. It has to be for me, mysef and my 'people', so 90% of their actions are dedicated to gainnig unequal/unjust advantage or allowing their acquaintance to gain advatange over their fellow men and women. Now many of this people are politicians, the sad fact of the issue is that the some of the politicians are not capable of elevating the status of the average man above their own status or even improving it. Because that will create equality or people wealthier than them with more power. This is even worse because a large section of the people are incapble of initiating benefits for the whole country talk less of the world. So we can't create an APPle or APP that the world or even thos in Africa will use because it is just not in our thinking, we can only create somethign we know will make us very rich but provide minimal value to others. these people are smart, they just have an inkling that their fellow human don't really care about them so they have to go to church to pray/seek for their advantage mostly unequal over others. That is why they want favor, blessing rarely for the country (exept the catholic church and a few others with prayer for NIgeria)

(1) (Reply)

Read President Buhari's Touching Tribute To Late James Ocholi / The Corrupt Government Truly Had The Interest Of The Masses At Heart.. / #zaria Massacre:imn/ihrw Filed Case Against Fg & Nigerian Army To Icc.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.