Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,612 members, 7,941,349 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 02:57 AM

Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. (25171 Views)

Press Briefing Of Ese Oruru In Abuja / Abductor Of Ese-Oruru Flown To Abuja By Police / Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by Laid2001: 12:06pm On Mar 16, 2016
@Op is on point.

So many kids of Hate is on this Nairaland!
Even Ben Bruce eye is clearing little by little now. Although it may be because he needs the richest man's help oo....

1 Like

Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by lielbree: 12:07pm On Mar 16, 2016
lepasharon:

See your life. Who told you am Muslim? I am the most unbiased person you will ever meet.

Which muslim is supporting Yinusa?
OK I take it you are new on nairaland and you have not been following this story.
For your information almost all the muslims on this forum and other social media platforms were in support of yunuse. They did everything they could to exonerate him including falsification of the girls age.

1 Like

Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by Ojiofor: 12:09pm On Mar 16, 2016
EazyMoh:
thummum but mum umyum fahun la ya'aqilun!
They are deaf and dumb they would never assimilate!
Their's is a case of a donkey carrying loads of books. They may be literate, but they are most ignorant!
Their case is hopeless, all you can do is pity them.
Ask them to conduct a quick censors of the average age their girls lose their virginity it will not be more than 14, yet cry blue murder about Ese's elopement, yes! it was never abduction.
I currently live in the south and my js3 student spent last two nights in her boyfriends room. This is most rampant as some of them actually take in and stop coming to school. All these are normal in their societies.
The saddest thing is that whenever a certain pastor commits a crime even if he links it directly to Christianity, he's labeled a fake pastor, but a a misguided motor park rout commits a crime so long he has a Muslim sounding name, it's Islam that takes the bashing.
I don't care much replying most of them, because I don't see the point. Like I said most of them are intellectually handicapped.
If southern girls lose their virginity at the age of 14 while in school,northern girls lose theirs at the age of 8 at their husband houses and those who are on the streets of nothern cities hawking their body to pedophile adults in guise of hawking groundnuts and kolanuts is nothing more than child prostitution.I lived in Kano for years and I know what I'm talking about.
If you want southerners to mind their business,leave our kids alone and do whatever you like with your's and respect our culture and traditions.

2 Likes

Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by Missonas(f): 12:10pm On Mar 16, 2016
Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by Sense911: 12:21pm On Mar 16, 2016
angry angry angry
Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by Igbospower(m): 12:22pm On Mar 16, 2016
Going through this trend, it's obvious dat our problem in dis nation isn't really corruption... even the op in his honest attempt to say wat the issues are. Ended up taking the same path like every one else.
Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by Nobody: 12:31pm On Mar 16, 2016
lepasharon:

Lol pls..what good judgement can a 13 yr old make about marriage?

A 13 year old should be carefree and not barefoot, pregnant and making a man's food.
knowing between right and wrong is enough, mind you if the girl is willing to get married and the father objects to it, then she wont get married, i dont see how its your business to poke nose into another person life, when you have your own child, do whatever you so will, but interfering in another person's business is wrong.

1 Like

Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by Progressive01(m): 12:51pm On Mar 16, 2016
Abiagirl777:

go and read up that thread properly and don't let religion blind you.
the youths later carried the corpse to the chiefs house and left it there.it shows they aren't in support of it all.
I'm sure your conscience is still alive
Stop cherry picking. Weren't there Northerners that called for the head of Yunusa as well?? Why were people down south trying so hard to make it appear as though EVERYONE in the North supported the incident??

What about Chief Ogbonnaya on whose behest two of the culprits were released, why didn't we see such popular uproar and protest as we saw in Ese's case.

What is happening today is just a clear case of giving a dog a bad name just to hang it. It borders more on politics than altruism. Simple.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by fatymore(f): 1:04pm On Mar 16, 2016
lielbree:

That's because under Christian the act of child rape is wrong
Under Islam it is hailed! Even your most high prophet did same. That's the difference
see what am talking about...You think you made a point abi...did I a make a reference to Jesus...you people just like been irrational about everything

2 Likes

Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by DeeMain(m): 1:05pm On Mar 16, 2016
[quote author=dvee2 post=43817646][/quote]

Missing brain can you now read my write up more slowly in the faint hope that you may understand the train of thought?
Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by Progressive01(m): 1:18pm On Mar 16, 2016
ndcide:
Crap! crap!! Crap!!!

The @ progressive01 is trying to play on our emotions.

Where on earth did he ever see people celebrate rape down south.

Is this dude oblivious of the story of ese. Even when the parents of ese and her siblings told the world her age. The likes of the @op kept inflating her age and reducing the age of yenusa. They even hired media people to push the false narrative, giving videos of Ese being manipulated to say and do what they want.
Now who does that. They all must be a part of the syndicate who engage in such crime.

You can't twist this Bro, the whole world saw it for what it was.

Given your moniker, you are a core APC supporter. Is it an APC thing to defend evil for political correctness? This beats me hollow, I must say.

Worse of all you reduced it to politics of the last presidential election. Now if no one sees this as a problem then, this country is in trouble. You want to turn everything into politics? Please answer this question. Was the Chibok girls issue politics?

We don't need people like you in our society. Apart from the good English, everything you wrote was absolutely wrong and needles.
Lastly know this fact, your likes will be consumed by the coming revolution. We no longer need people in this country who are afraid to say THINGS THAT REALLY NEED TO BE SAID. Never forget that. Your writeup is what gets reasonable people really angry.
The only people my article would anger are the irredeemable ethnoreligious bigots, and I owe no one no apologies for it.

3 Likes

Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by MIKOLOWISKA: 1:20pm On Mar 16, 2016
the same reason why some threads hit front page and others don't. it is what it is. all we can do is keep fighting for what we believe and walk our talk.eg nothing stops you from taking up the six rapist case
Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by valslove8715(f): 1:24pm On Mar 16, 2016
Progressive01:
You folks need to come out more to defend your region and religion and ensure this wanton criminalisation of all Northerners and Muslims is stopped.

You need to deconstrust the destructive propaganda against your people before it becomes too late. Tons of misleading info about you guys are being consumed on cyberspace and social media daily. The narative has to change.

Am sure to most if not all muslims this is not new to us cos it has already bn mentioned in d Holy Quran and Allah had already protected HIS religion, so whatever anybody like 'let them say' as for me, am a muslim and no amount of black name we were given, a muslim I remain till death. What I ll advice those who re giving us unprintable names is go n study the religion there n then u can come n call us names. Thanks for ur advice though.

4 Likes

Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by lielbree: 1:29pm On Mar 16, 2016
fatymore:
see what am talking about...You think you made a point abi...did I a make a reference to Jesus...you people just like been irrational about everything

What do you mean by irrational?
I'm in lying ?
Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by Iykopee(m): 2:01pm On Mar 16, 2016
daretodiffer:

Who asked them to return the girl? Why was she in the palace?

Did you actually read all the news release on this issue?

I don't think.

You wouldn't have asked me that s#illy question if you did

I dunno what u say. Just cant get it . Was she not found in the emirs palace? U have a diff story bring it on..
Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by kogirodent: 2:16pm On Mar 16, 2016
Progressive01:
You folks need to come out more to defend your region and religion and ensure this wanton criminalisation of all Northerners and Muslims is stopped.

You need to deconstrust the destructive propaganda against your people before it becomes too late. Tons of misleading info about you guys are being consumed on cyberspace and social media daily. The narative has to change.
Your ignorance is amazing. have you lived in the north before? All of us living in the north know what is really happening here. It is only the core muslims that are here complaining. Even moderate northern muslims are aware of the sort of mess going on in the north. Ask us to tell us, and stop telling urself that northerners are hated for nothing. I am a northerner and i am not surprised by the blanket namecalling or stereotyping of my brothers and sisters. Until we northerners change nobody will stop stereotyping us.

1 Like

Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by Tinyemeka(m): 2:19pm On Mar 16, 2016
ItsMeAboki:

Didn't you read where the Emir directed for the matter to be handed over to the state police AIG; including a copy of the same orders released to the press as evidence of his non complicity; how does that amount to shielding of any body - why must you and your ilk continue to expose your ignorance and embarrassingly mental laziness to comprehend?

Letter indeed. I didn't read it. What did the Emir write in the letter? Tell me. Remember that liars will go to hell.
Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by Litmus: 2:28pm On Mar 16, 2016
Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by Eluwilussit(m): 2:38pm On Mar 16, 2016
shaqhead:

Ofcourse its not bro but lets reverse it and you will see the ops point.

If lets say an Emir in the North bails Yunusa before he was arraigned, we in the south wont remember that bail is not a crime!

We would say all manner of things against ALL muslims. This is the point the op is making and it doesnt make sense to blanket everyone just because of a crime of a few!

Let me give u another example
In the presidential elections there were cases of child voters in the north..And we shouted ourselves hoarse until pics emerged of underage voters in bayelsa governorship elections!

The op was wrong. In the case of Yunusa, it took the outcry of a whole nation to recover the girl and address the issue. In the case of the ebonyi six, the authorities got involved from onset. The suspects were arrested. Why should the media be awashed with the news? Out of the six, two were arrested and we don't know their level of involvement and the conditions of bail. Herein lies the difference.

1 Like

Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by kogirodent: 2:41pm On Mar 16, 2016
kaziblake:
No I can't ,But I know a southern lady who got married at the age of 14yrs.
Hate comment against a certain tribe is getting too much on nairaland,Notherners are one of the most peaceful people in nigeria.
My sister, we northerners are very peacefull when u dont go against our religion especially Islam. Once religion is involved, you will discover that Boko Haram is just child's play. Have u ever wondered who these guys are that operate as Boko Haram? Na our senseless brothers be that. Wether you defend us or not, our problem in the north is religion.
Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by Nobody: 2:51pm On Mar 16, 2016
Iykopee:

I dunno what u say. Just cant get it . Was she not found in the emirs palace? U have a diff story bring it on..

Clearly, you do not know what you are talkinv about?

You sheepishly jumped on the hate wagon because you are *****.

It is not my job to educate your hate filled head.

Google is your friend
Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by Nobody: 2:52pm On Mar 16, 2016
kogirodent:

My sister, we northerners are very peacefull when u dont go against our religion especially Islam. Once religion is involved, you will discover that Boko Haram is just child's play. Have u ever wondered who these guys are that operate as Boko Haram? Na our senseless brothers be that. Wether you defend us or not, our problem in the north is religion.
Not funny

1 Like

Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by EazyMoh(m): 2:59pm On Mar 16, 2016
Ojiofor:

If southern girls lose their virginity at the age of 14 while in school,northern girls lose theirs at the age of 8 at their husband houses and those who are on the streets of nothern cities hawking their body to pedophile adults in guise of hawking groundnuts and kolanuts is nothing more than child prostitution.I lived in Kano for years and I know what I'm talking about.
If you want southerners to mind their business,leave our kids alone and do whatever you like with your's and respect our culture and traditions.
Yea right! Only southerners have the right to have carnal knowledge of their small girls. That's what you are saying.
If you truly lived in Kano how many weddings have you seen that the bride is even 15. I lived most part of my life in rural parts of the north and the youngest bride I have seen with my eyes was around 16.
Of course there many underaged girls (those hawking and the likes) that engage in prostitution as you rightly said. That is why it is being condemned by all Islamic scholars in the north.
Everything aside, you haven't attended to the topic.
The Question op asked was why less than 1% outrage/condemnation from southerners to a crime that is a million times more grievous (the victim has died)?, compared to Ese Orurus case?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by EazyMoh(m): 3:02pm On Mar 16, 2016
xfanlegal:
words tumble from u like s*** frm a wide an*s
Lol! If you dont have a better use for cheap android phone use it to play Candy Crush. It's obvious you are not supposed to be here.
Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by EazyMoh(m): 3:03pm On Mar 16, 2016
Beetobee:

To add to your thoughts, I believe SILENCE IS GOLDEN; we don't rave and rant unnecessarily because that hatred is not rooted in us!
You are right Bros, most time I feel pity more than anger towards their utterances.
Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by bibiking7(m): 3:24pm On Mar 16, 2016
please people, stop forming your opinion about other folks based on what you read online about their tribe. That's how misconceptions are formed. These days people just conclude on what they read in the media based on emotions rather than try to reason critically and see that some of this stuffs are just BS for ratings and sales. Propaganda of the highest order. Read well between the lines and don't be in a haste to draw conclusions.
Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by Iykopee(m): 3:27pm On Mar 16, 2016
daretodiffer:

Clearly, you do not know what you are talkinv about?

You sheepishly jumped on the hate wagon because you are *****.

It is not my job to educate your hate filled head.

Google is your friend

Time to bring on ur dvmb shit, i was asked to meet google. Google didnt tag my mention initially, twas u. Now swerve. Aint got time for airhead.
Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by Nobody: 3:33pm On Mar 16, 2016
Iykopee:

Time to bring on ur dvmb shit, i was asked to meet google. Google didnt tag my mention initially, twas u. Now swerve. Aint got time for airhead.

Look in the mirror bro
Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by EazyMoh(m): 3:40pm On Mar 16, 2016
uchwar1:
u have a point but why should she be converted to Islam? Or are u saying the Ese of a girl decided to convert on her own?
Yes! She decided to convert on her own. that's what she said, on video.
Go and read the untold story by DailyTrust, you get the whole details of all that happen.
Mind you she doesn't have to revert to Islam before he could marry her, a Muslim is allowed to marry a Christian and they can live like that till the end of their lives.
The Sharia Commission and the emirate council of red that the girl be taken to police and handed over to her parents because she is not matured enough to make marriage decision on her own without parents consent. When they got to the police zone 1 for that matter, the police told them they are not ready to return her then, that they should go back they will call them.
The police never called the commission tried several times to contact the police but they showed nonchalant attitude. This is what took the better part of the 8 months that she spent in Kano. Not until when the story was blown out that the ig ordered the cp to arrest whoever is with the girl. Mark she barely stayed few days in his mother's room, before the commission gave her custody to district head of Kura, a different town from Yinusa's he had to relocate to the town so just he could be seeing her.
You note also at no point was any form of marriage contracted between them.
What I think even the commission didn't handle better was the issue of her mums visit. Even though her (the mum) story is riddled with inconsistencies.
Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by ssultana(f): 4:04pm On Mar 16, 2016
ndcide:
Crap! crap!! Crap!!!

The @ progressive01 is trying to play on our emotions.

Where on earth did he ever see people celebrate rape down south.

Is this dude oblivious of the story of ese. Even when the parents of ese and her siblings told the world her age. The likes of the @op kept inflating her age and reducing the age of yenusa. They even hired media people to push the false narrative, giving videos of Ese being manipulated to say and do what they want.
Now who does that. They all must be a part of the syndicate who engage in such crime.

You can't twist this Bro, the whole world saw it for what it was.

Given your moniker, you are a core APC supporter. Is it an APC thing to defend evil for political correctness? This beats me hollow, I must say.

Worse of all you reduced it to politics of the last presidential election. Now if no one sees this as a problem then, this country is in trouble. You want to turn everything into politics? Please answer this question. Was the Chibok girls issue politics?

We don't need people like you in our society. Apart from the good English, everything you wrote was absolutely wrong and needles.
Lastly know this fact, your likes will be consumed by the coming revolution. We no longer need people in this country who are afraid to say THINGS THAT REALLY NEED TO BE SAID. Never forget that. Your writeup is what gets reasonable people really angry.

Here is my 2 cents on your comment....it seems you don't fully understand what the op was bringing to notice in the first place so here goes a SIMPLE SUMMARY ....Ese was kidnapped by YINUSA (lol I find this spelling very funny) and taken to an unknown land,married and forced into another religion.Although this wasn't completely the truth,but ANY man who does such a thing with a 14 yr old whether or not she agrees to it has to answer to the law and we(MUSLIMS) think so too....now fast forward a few weeks after....the ikorodu girls were kidnapped by a PASTOR and his other VERY CHRISTIAN accomplices,and some girls were raped in the south by some other Christian RAPISTS/MURDERER,What baffles the op so much (myself and a other INTELLIGENT MUSLIMS alongsides) is the lack of press and media uproar the latter girls got...ESE"S LIFE IS JUST AS IMPORTANT AS THESE GIRLS" TOO so could it be that if the perpetrators of crime are not muslims,then the crime is not considered important enough?
Muslims that came off as defensive during the ese"s brouhaha were most of the time defending their religion (Since people decided ISLAM and not "YINUSA" (lol excuse me) was responsible )
KAPISH?

1 Like

Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by hayzed1090: 4:52pm On Mar 16, 2016
I think we should enlighten the unbiased christIans here that one of the Necessary requirement for marriage in islam is the willigness of the male and female to be together aNd also the approval of both parent. Kidnapping and forceful marriage is completely unislamic aNd against sharia. If yinusa is found guilty, his actions has nothing to do with Islam

1 Like

Re: Ese Oruru, Ebonyi Gang Rape Victim And The Hypocrisy Of A Nation. by ItsMeAboki(m): 10:14pm On Mar 16, 2016
Progressive01:

Thank you for the support and appreciation.
Yes indeed thats what a few us are doing, hopefully our little contributions may help to inspire others to join in to stop the rot.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tinubu Colloquium And The ‘Benching’ Of Fashola As A Spectator - Enitan Olukotun / Benedict Alabi Is Gboyega Oyetola's Running Mate / Akanu Ibiam Airport: Enugu Govt Demolishes Structures Encroaching On Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.