Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,396 members, 7,950,852 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 01:33 AM

Tips On Writing A Marketable Book - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Tips On Writing A Marketable Book (436 Views)

Start Earning Over N9,000 Daily By Writing A Few Articles!!! / What Are The Most Marketable Professional Certifications At The Moment? / Which Is More Versatile And Marketable, ME Or EE? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tips On Writing A Marketable Book by IssacharProject: 12:25pm On Mar 16, 2016
1. Research - is there a market for my book?
Visit your local bookstore as well as the various on-line stores (Amazon.com, Kalahari.net). Look for books similar to yours i.e. a similar topic e.g. health, science fiction, business etc. Now compare your book to those already available. How does it rate? Can you compete with them? If yes, then you may have something!

2. Do you have a unique idea?
Sometimes your topic may be unavailable in book form. Perhaps it’s because no one has thought of this brilliant idea and you could have a bestseller on your hands. Or it could be that people are just not interested enough in the topic. We advise you to approach friends, family and professionals (editors etc.) and ask their honest opinion.

3. Do you have a bold and fresh creative concept?
In other words, if your book is about a healthy lifestyle, do you feel that you have a unique angle to launch it from i.e. is it different in a fresh and bold way to similar topics?

4. Does your book have appeal?
If it is a non-fiction book, have you researched your topic thoroughly, checked your facts and provided updated and interesting information to your particular target market? If it is a fiction book, have you made sure that your characters come alive i.e. can readers identify and empathize with them?

5. Obtain someone’s point of view
Pass your completed manuscript on to someone you trust and whose opinion you value and ask them for their honest evaluation and constructive criticism. Be careful not to give it to the wrong person e.g. you wouldn’t give a book on sewing to someone who has absolutely no interest in the subject.

6. Good readability and individual style is helpful
It does help if your manuscript is well written and understandable for your market. Although editors will clean up your work (grammar, punctuation, sentence structure etc.) they will generally try and keep an author’s own individual style of writing.

7. Brush up on your writing skills
If we feel that your writing skills need some work to become as publishable as possible, then we will refer you to our course contacts for assistance.

For more information call us now on 08188708026 or send mail to mail@issacharprojects.com

(1) (Reply)

”fuel Scarcity To Persist For Next Two Months” – Minister Of Petroleum Resources / Manage Finances Using Psychology Essays Help / How To Manage Differences With Your Co-workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.