Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,667 members, 7,895,526 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 12:20 PM

Why Post A Profile Picture And Remove It As Soon As You Get Noticed? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Post A Profile Picture And Remove It As Soon As You Get Noticed? (1404 Views)

Why Do Majority Of Nairaland Guys Have A Profile Without A Profile Picture?? / Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 / Why Dont You Have A Profile Picture? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Post A Profile Picture And Remove It As Soon As You Get Noticed? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 21, 2009
Girls are mostly guilty of this. At first they post a profile picture then as soon as a Thomas notices the picture or makes any comment about it, be it good or bad, the picture is immediately removed.

Let me remind you that:

1. You posted the pictures because you wanted people to see you
2. Profile pictures can be saved on PC by anybody
3. Removing it is not going to guarantee its deletion because (read p. 2)

So girls it's either you post a picture and let it remain there through good times and bad times until you are no longer interested in using this forum, or you don't post it at all.

Posting and removing it because an admirer or a nuisance made a comment about it won't stop it from circulating on the internet
Re: Why Post A Profile Picture And Remove It As Soon As You Get Noticed? by whitelexi(m): 6:38pm On Jul 21, 2009
michelin89:

Girls are mostly guilty of this. At first they post a profile picture then as soon as a Thomas notices the picture or makes any comment about it, be it good or bad, the picture is immediately removed.

Let me remind you that:

1. You posted the pictures because you wanted people to see you
2. Profile pictures can be saved on PC by anybody
3. Removing it is not going to guarantee its deletion because (read p. 2)

So girls it's either you post a picture and let it remain there through good times and bad times until you are no longer interested in using this forum, or you don't post it at all.

Posting and removing it because an admirer or a nuisance made a comment about it won't stop it from circulating on the internet

I couldn't agree more - having seen my picture moved over the internet from one NLander's PC to the other - Oh divine! grin grin grin
Re: Why Post A Profile Picture And Remove It As Soon As You Get Noticed? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 21, 2009
whitelexi:

I couldn't agree more - having seen my picture moved over the internet from one NLander's PC to the other - Oh divine! grin grin grin

cheesy

its because we fancy you nah.
Re: Why Post A Profile Picture And Remove It As Soon As You Get Noticed? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jul 21, 2009
whitelexi:

Where they distributing a virus? grin
Re: Why Post A Profile Picture And Remove It As Soon As You Get Noticed? by chiogo(f): 6:45pm On Jul 21, 2009
I don't know about people removing their pictures because they got a good comment on it, bad ones maybe.

Besides, with the so many retards on nairaland deforming pictures of other users, why won't people remove their pictures?

And it's their picture so they can remove it whenever they see fit, whether or not it's been saved by someone. Only jobless people go about saving people's pictures anyway, especially people they've never talked to before.
Re: Why Post A Profile Picture And Remove It As Soon As You Get Noticed? by spikedcylinder: 6:47pm On Jul 21, 2009
I am guilty of this too.
However, I add and remove pictures from my profile out of boredom not because of some random comments here and there.
Re: Why Post A Profile Picture And Remove It As Soon As You Get Noticed? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 21, 2009
chiogo:

I don't know about people removing their pictures because they got a good comment on it, bad ones maybe.

Besides, with the so many retards on nairaland deforming pictures of other users, why won't people remove their pictures?

And it's their picture so they can remove it whenever they see fit, whether or not it's been saved by someone. Only jobless people go about saving people's pictures anyway, especially people they've never talked to before.

They do maybe because they 'fear' they might get too much attention. It is called forming.  grin
Re: Why Post A Profile Picture And Remove It As Soon As You Get Noticed? by chiogo(f): 6:49pm On Jul 21, 2009
michelin89:

They do maybe because they 'fear' they might get too much attention. It is called forming.  grin
LMAO, I can't shout.

spikedcylinder:

I am guilty of this too.
However, I add and remove pictures from my profile out of boredom not because of some random comments here and there.

Exactly! same with me.
Re: Why Post A Profile Picture And Remove It As Soon As You Get Noticed? by platinumnk(f): 7:09pm On Jul 21, 2009
[glow=purple,2,300]What happened to free will [/glow]
Re: Why Post A Profile Picture And Remove It As Soon As You Get Noticed? by Kelvinj(m): 7:12pm On Jul 21, 2009
Am nt against any1 adding or removing pix 4rm dia profiles aftall itz theirs jst dat it give pple a sense of wat u luk lyk.
Re: Why Post A Profile Picture And Remove It As Soon As You Get Noticed? by sexyLeamon(f): 9:43am On Jul 22, 2009
spikedcylinder:

I am guilty of this too.

ditto
Re: Why Post A Profile Picture And Remove It As Soon As You Get Noticed? by dani1luv: 10:37am On Jul 22, 2009
[glow=purple,2,300]lol. . . you gals are guilty oh cheesy[/glow]
Re: Why Post A Profile Picture And Remove It As Soon As You Get Noticed? by Jarus(m): 3:46pm On Jul 22, 2009
From my observation, many people post their pictures here when registering, simply out of inexperience of what goes on in NL. As soon as people make comments on them, they will be forced to remove them.

I was insulted to remove my picture sometime late last year when a thread suddenly turned to a discussion on my profile pix.

But from my later experience, I wouldn't have put my profile picture there in teh first place, if I had knwon much about NL before registering.

Another factor is the band-wagon effect. Sometimes, you just realize that you're the only one having your picture there, and you feel somehow different.
Re: Why Post A Profile Picture And Remove It As Soon As You Get Noticed? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jul 22, 2009
Jarus:

From my observation, many people post their pictures here when registering, simply out of inexperience of what goes on in NL. As soon as people make comments on them, they will be forced to remove them.

I was insulted to remove my picture sometime late last year when a thread suddenly turned to a discussion on my profile pix.

Do you know how many nasty comments have been made about my pics? An idiot even went as far as stealing them from my facebook profile. Reason why i don't accept male friends from NL any longer. As far as I am concerned they can hang themselves but my pic will remain there.
Re: Why Post A Profile Picture And Remove It As Soon As You Get Noticed? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 22, 2009
michelin89:

Do you know how many nasty comments have been made about my pics? An idiot even went as far as stealing them from my facebook profile. Reason why i don't accept male friends from NL any longer. As far as I am concerned they can hang themselves but my pic will remain there.
you go girl
Re: Why Post A Profile Picture And Remove It As Soon As You Get Noticed? by oyinda3(f): 2:21am On Jul 23, 2009
Jarus:

But from my later experience, I wouldn't have put my profile picture there in teh first place, if I had knwon much about NL before registering.

Another factor is the band-wagon effect. Sometimes, you just realize that you're the only one having your picture there, and you feel somehow different.

i agree with you. I especially feel for the Nikky21 girl. i'm sure she wouldn't have posted her pic in the first place if she knew what would happen with it.
Re: Why Post A Profile Picture And Remove It As Soon As You Get Noticed? by spikedcylinder: 12:13pm On Jul 23, 2009
oyinda.:

i agree with you. I especially feel for the Nikky21 girl. i'm sure she wouldn't have posted her pic in the first place if she knew what would happen with it.

True. Poor girl would have been ridiculed if people didn't realise that some posters are just nut jobs. Funny thing is, the girl is actually very pretty.
You have to have a thick skin on lala land o. I've been called a fat bitch and other pleasurable names for posting my picture. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Offences That Can Warrant A Ban On NL / 10 Ways We Discriminate Against The Male Gender / Best Ways To Control Rats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.