Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,269 members, 7,884,426 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 10:28 AM

Have You Sucked Your Thumb As A Child? Share Your Experience - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Have You Sucked Your Thumb As A Child? Share Your Experience (546 Views)

Nigerian Cancer Survivor Shares Her Story, After Welcoming A Child (photos) / Can A Man Father A Child With One Testicle? / Have You Ever Been Molested By A Male Doctor? (share Your Experience Ladies) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Sucked Your Thumb As A Child? Share Your Experience by LiLK: 1:02pm On Mar 17, 2016
I grew up sucking my thumb as a child, dont know why i just drive some kind of pleasure doing that. whenever my right thumb is free u will find it in my mouth, be it in school or home, day or night. A neighbour adviced my mum that thumb sucking will affect my academic performance, that she should try and make me stop.
she first tried with scolding me which for obvious reasons did not work, she later came up with rubbing bitter leaf on my thumb while i was asleep, it slowed me down but not for long, i got use to that and lick out the bitter leaf then continue to fire on. The final method she adopted even though it was lcruel but effective, was to rub hot pepper on the thumb....o boy!!! if i say it was bitter experience it will be the bitter leaf method but this is a hot pepper experience. you will find me in the middle of the night struggling through the darkness to find my way to the kitchen to get water to save my life. to be honest i dont hw long that method lasted before i stopped....all i know is the method worked. and same method was applied to two of my siblings. thats my experience, share yours.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Sucked Your Thumb As A Child? Share Your Experience by tsamson(m): 4:25pm On Mar 17, 2016
Amuka Dagba.. Endtime OP
Re: Have You Sucked Your Thumb As A Child? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 4:33pm On Mar 17, 2016
cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

The hot pepper method got me really laughing.

I never did but my younger bro did till he was about 6-7yrs
We did the bitterleaf thing, it never worked.
Called him names, mba!

I kept asking what he gained or what sort of sweetness he enjoyed sucking fingers, he said it had a special milky feeling...
I didn't understand that until I had to ask myself why grown-up men crave dry mammaries .

Generally, children stop when they are embarrassed enough not to suck fingers among their friends. Same with kids who suck lips and play with their navel.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Sucked Your Thumb As A Child? Share Your Experience by tsamson(m): 4:45pm On Mar 17, 2016
Come see the Snake the OP killed while sucking his hand

CC: Sissy3, dominique, ishilove, lalasticlala
Password: Olajumoke

(1) (Reply)

The Real Reason Why Women Live Longer Than Men. / What To Do When You Perceive The Smell Of Gas At Home / Biomax Pro Best Probiotic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.