Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,467 members, 7,947,876 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 10:14 AM

Nigerians No Longer Happy, Drops In Global Happiness Ranking – VanguardNgr - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians No Longer Happy, Drops In Global Happiness Ranking – VanguardNgr (19221 Views)

10 Things Nigerians No Longer Talk About / Nigerians No Longer Shouting Recession – Amaechi / Ghana Bans Goods From Nigeria, Other Countries-vanguardngr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians No Longer Happy, Drops In Global Happiness Ranking – VanguardNgr by juman(m): 6:49am On Mar 18, 2016
nigerians happiness have been turned to sadness by good for nothing "leaders".

This current government is also a rudderless one.
Re: Nigerians No Longer Happy, Drops In Global Happiness Ranking – VanguardNgr by Nobody: 7:26am On Mar 18, 2016
SUPERPACK:

JONATHAN.

Meaning you are INSANE
Re: Nigerians No Longer Happy, Drops In Global Happiness Ranking – VanguardNgr by Nobody: 7:27am On Mar 18, 2016
greatiyk4u:

And u think the assessment covered just 2016?

This is the Legacy Hero of Corruption left for us

Please read the article very well again!
Re: Nigerians No Longer Happy, Drops In Global Happiness Ranking – VanguardNgr by Nobody: 7:30am On Mar 18, 2016
Penisinpenisout:

How on earth do you find it hard to comprehend what i just said.
I never said being rich = Happiness, why are you putting words into my mouth

I specifically made mention of someone who flips burger (equivalent to frying akara) is contented with what he makes, because most of basic amenities (electricity, water, good road etc) are being met. If you're gonna spew bullshiit links atleast use credible source, the survey carried out in those links (webm.com) did not include Africa in their research, (they probably figured everyone already died from depression here, lol)

You can sit there and lie to yourself about how convenient and happy nigerians are, but deep down you know they are wailing and bitter about how inhumane and uncaring our rulers have been over the years
You cant possibly tell me you don't browse Nairaland and see the amount of bitterness in the comment section.

If sucide wasnt such a taboo in nigeria(because religion and tradition) and burial wasnt soo expensive.
Trust me, alot of people will be hanging from their cellings. Just because they have high sucide rate doesnt change the fact that most african countries are unhappy. How many europeans or muricans come to africa in search of a better life? Why didnt refugees migrate to africa when they where being bombed. Its simply, they were in pursuit of happiness and comfort.

you are the one who is hilarious.

so ppl refuse to commit suicide here because burial is expensive.

hahahahahahahahaha..... (wait, let me catch my breathe).

I'm glad you at least agree with me that suicide rate in Africa is very minimal.

have you observed the little kids in the village playing with mud or kicking around an orange? do you think they are unhappy?

the people who live simple lives who don't know what they are "missing", do you think they are unhappy?

the man you said was flipping burgers in the US, How are you sure he is happy or contented especially when he lives in a country where his mates are driving Ferrari?

all of a sudden you hear that he has he killed himself.

How many psychopaths are walking around in suits in the US?

you are ready to dismiss the studies done by those people in the links I gave you, yet you are not wise enough to question the one that purports to measure an abstract thing such as happiness.

at least its easier to determine the rate of suicide or depression, How, my brother do you measure happiness and How do you determine if a nation is truly happy or not?

How many of the families in the countries did you visit and live with for at least a week?

because the oyinbo man says we are all unhappy in Nigeria, so I should believe him, even if for the most part I'm happy.
Re: Nigerians No Longer Happy, Drops In Global Happiness Ranking – VanguardNgr by Nobody: 7:30am On Mar 18, 2016
bankoleben:
How will Nigeria's rating not drop when a section of the country has decided to be unhappy because their 'Hero' lost an election.

I am trying very hard to locate you in this group picture below....can you please help me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians No Longer Happy, Drops In Global Happiness Ranking – VanguardNgr by greatiyk4u(m): 7:37am On Mar 18, 2016
ilawanson44:

Please read the article very well again!

I have done that before.................2016report of the result of 2015 assessment.............
Re: Nigerians No Longer Happy, Drops In Global Happiness Ranking – VanguardNgr by Nobody: 8:10am On Mar 18, 2016
What of panya
Re: Nigerians No Longer Happy, Drops In Global Happiness Ranking – VanguardNgr by Nobody: 8:41am On Mar 18, 2016
Topestbilly:

You don't get his sarcasm.
did u ascertain his subsequent reply? I don't decipher that as “sarcasm".
Re: Nigerians No Longer Happy, Drops In Global Happiness Ranking – VanguardNgr by awa(m): 9:26am On Mar 18, 2016
Please is Buhari in Nigeria nowww??

I don't have electricity to find out.
Re: Nigerians No Longer Happy, Drops In Global Happiness Ranking – VanguardNgr by awa(m): 9:28am On Mar 18, 2016
ilawanson44:

I am trying very hard to locate you in this group picture below....can you please help me

He might be the one in front. I just checked his Profile picture to confirm

1 Like

Re: Nigerians No Longer Happy, Drops In Global Happiness Ranking – VanguardNgr by mikeapollo: 9:29am On Mar 18, 2016
blueto:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/nigerians-no-longer-happy-drop-in-global-hapiness-ranking/

Only a fool would say Nigerians are the ''happiest'' in the world, like some ignorant people say.
I wonder how a people without electricity, water, security, good roads, schools system, health system, basic things of life can be the ''happiest'; in the world. Unless we are deceiving ourselves as usual

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians No Longer Happy, Drops In Global Happiness Ranking – VanguardNgr by Vyntra(m): 11:28am On Mar 18, 2016
blueto:

Nigeria was ranked 78th during Jonathan's era, And Nigeria now ranks 103rd in Buhari's era. who should a sane and logical thinking man blame between the two?

The oil price crash
Re: Nigerians No Longer Happy, Drops In Global Happiness Ranking – VanguardNgr by Opinedecandid(m): 12:27pm On Mar 18, 2016
petkoffdrake2:

Zombie spotted! smiley

JuliettaBitch:

Chai, Zombiesm is a bad disease

kaima1984:
Who Is dear to u?are u really happy with pmb' gov?4real are u satisfied?God 4bid,u are a joker dearie

So you guys do not understand simple sarcasm?

I'm the last person to be a zombie.

God forbid!

President Buhari has not handled Nigeria well let alone me.
I'm the last person to praise him.

The irony there is that the whole happiness of Nigerians is being enjoyed by President Buhari, his family and APC leaders. The rest of us are in the other side of the divide.
Re: Nigerians No Longer Happy, Drops In Global Happiness Ranking – VanguardNgr by boyexale: 12:39pm On Mar 18, 2016
[quote author=peacengine post=43860284]Buhari is bringing bad luck and depression to this country

Under PDP Nigerians were declared the happiest people in the world, now under APC we are one of the saddest. [we are one of the saddest because PMB exposed how our past politician squandered our resources.]
Re: Nigerians No Longer Happy, Drops In Global Happiness Ranking – VanguardNgr by seangy4konji: 1:25pm On Mar 18, 2016
Lol. I not fit laugh.
Re: Nigerians No Longer Happy, Drops In Global Happiness Ranking – VanguardNgr by Nobody: 10:07pm On Mar 18, 2016
Ioannes:

you are the one who is hilarious.

so ppl refuse to commit suicide here because burial is expensive.

hahahahahahahahaha..... (wait, let me catch my breathe).

I'm glad you at least agree with me that suicide rate in Africa is very minimal.

have you observed the little kids in the village playing with mud or kicking around an orange? do you think they are unhappy?

the people who live simple lives who don't know what they are "missing", do you think they are unhappy?

the man you said was flipping burgers in the US, How are you sure he is happy or contented especially when he lives in a country where his mates are driving Ferrari?

all of a sudden you hear that he has he killed himself.

How many psychopaths are walking around in suits in the US?

you are ready to dismiss the studies done by those people in the links I gave you, yet you are not wise enough to question the one that purports to measure an abstract thing such as happiness.

at least its easier to determine the rate of suicide or depression, How, my brother do you measure happiness and How do you determine if a nation is truly happy or not?

How many of the families in the countries did you visit and live with for at least a week?

because the oyinbo man says we are all unhappy in Nigeria, so I should believe him, even if for the most part I'm happy.

The survey didnt say we are ALL unhappy, but i'm not surprised at this point. I'm not going to argue with you. Heres something to think about
https://www.nairaland.com/2997218/nigerias-first-minister-sadness-haruna
Re: Nigerians No Longer Happy, Drops In Global Happiness Ranking – VanguardNgr by Nobody: 10:09pm On Mar 18, 2016
gatoyi:
It seems that you're the one putting words into someone else's mouth. The first world/third world divide isn't the heave vs hell you are trying to portray. Each society has its challenges; those of the third world obviously being more dire. The person flipping burgers might be better off overall than the person flipping akara; doesn't make him/her happy! There are so many other factors than the material including inventions and what not that goes towards happiness. A television/electricity can't stop you from being in an abusive relationship, or being enstranged from your family or being in a negative environment wherever you are in the world.

Lol, totally off point.
Not gonna bother debating with you. Keep living a lie.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Saraki Sends Two Students On Scholarship To China (Photos) / Buhari Supporters In Bauchi Celebrate His Tribunal Victory / Evans: Prosecution Closes Case In Chukwudumeme Onwuamadike's Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.