Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,300 members, 7,891,376 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 12:18 PM

Yar’adua Warns Militants - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar’adua Warns Militants (1112 Views)

Edo Ex-Militants Choose Buhari, Condemn Jonathan - The Punch / Jonathan Visits Late Yar’Adua’s Family & Emir Of Katsina During Rally (Photos) / Odili: How Jonathan Displaced Me As Yar’adua’s Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yar’adua Warns Militants by sley4life(m): 5:08am On Jul 22, 2009
Your days are numbered, Yar’Adua warns militants
From FEMI FOLARANMI, Yenagoa
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
President Yar'Adua
•Photo: The Sun Publishing
More Stories on This Section

President Umar Musa Yar’Adua in his first public statement after the destruction of Atlas Cove Jetty in Lagos by Niger Delta militants and the release of detained leader of the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) Henry Okah told unrepentant militants to change their ways as the Niger Delta people are ready to expose them.

Yar’Adua, speaking at the commissioning of the Peace Park in Yenagoa during a one-day working visit to the state explained that the Niger Delta is very high on the agenda of his administration and he would ensure that he restores peace to the region in partnership with all stakeholders in the region.

While restating that the amnesty offer by the Federal Government was not a ruse, he pleaded with those who have used armed agitation to draw attention to the problems of the region to give the government a chance to address the problems in the interest of the people.

Yar’Adua, however, warned those who are hiding under the genuine agitation of the people to perpetrate criminal activities that they should change their ways as their days are numbered since the people of the region have seen through their antics.

His words: “Niger Delta is very high on the agenda of this administration. This is why we are strongly committed to prompt payment of all statutory allocations due to the region and to continue support to interventionist agencies like the NDDC. This is also why we created the Ministry of Niger Delta to coordinate our holistic approach to the transformation of this region.

“But all these will come to naught without peace, without trust, without cooperation of all stakeholders and without security of lives and property for the people and foreign investors. Let me, therefore, use this opportunity to state categorically that our amnesty offer to militants is not a ruse. It is for real.

To those who genuinely took up arms to draw attention to the sad situation in this region, I say to you: we have heard you and we are ready to work with you to move the Niger Delta forward in the interest of its long-suffering people. But to those hiding under the cover of legitimate protest to feather private nests, those merchants of violence, I say to you: change your ways, the people of Niger Delta have seen through your antics and will soon expose you.

“To all the well-meaning people of the Niger Delta, I urge you to give us a chance to earn your trust and collaborate with you to give this region its just dues. My hope is that soon, this region will be transformed into a development hub ,not only for Nigeria but also for the West African sub-region, in a way that will surpass the recent post-conflict transformation of Angola. But this cannot happen without peace and partnership”.

Yar’Adua speaking on the Imringi Gas Turbine he commissioned commended the Sylva administration for making power supply one of the top priorities of his government, adding that projects like that represents one the new face of the Niger Delta.

Governor Sylva in his own remarks noted that his administration has been inspired by the transparency and accountability polices of the Yar’ Adua administration.

http://sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2009/july/21/national-21-07-2009-01.htm
Re: Yar’adua Warns Militants by itosco2003(f): 5:34am On Jul 22, 2009
hope this militants arent planning to invade abuja. This warning might make them call of their 60days cease fire
Re: Yar’adua Warns Militants by Jakumo(m): 5:54am On Jul 22, 2009
C'mon Yar Agoduam, you can do better than a pathetic warning. I say we start off with a state of emergency declaration, followed by a few months of consideration, deliberation, prognostication, lamentation and procrastrination, all of which are the hallmarks of a true government by stagnation and rigor mortis.
Re: Yar’adua Warns Militants by sley4life(m): 6:03am On Jul 22, 2009
Jakumo:

C'mon Yar Agoduam, you can do better than a pathetic warning. I say we start off with a state of emergency declaration, followed by a few months of consideration, deliberation, prognostication, lamentation and procrastrination, all of which are the hallmarks of a true government by stagnation and rigor mortis.
Do you think that will work?
Re: Yar’adua Warns Militants by Jakumo(m): 6:07am On Jul 22, 2009
Hey, it has "worked" so far. The world still turns, and Nigeria still has a cadaver for "president".
Re: Yar’adua Warns Militants by sley4life(m): 6:35am On Jul 22, 2009
i dont think a state of emergency will work for the Niger deltans. Except u want to turn it into war which the MEND will defeat the military
Re: Yar’adua Warns Militants by puskin: 7:17am On Jul 22, 2009
How can U say that MEND will defeat Nigerian military.
It is not possible, both in reality nd in your dreams
Re: Yar’adua Warns Militants by sley4life(m): 11:38am On Jul 22, 2009
The MEND spokesman have notified the country earlier on how they will bring down the nigeria military
Re: Yar’adua Warns Militants by sley4life(m): 11:45am On Jul 22, 2009
puskin:

How can U say that MEND will defeat Nigerian military.
It is not possible, both in reality nd in your dreams
MEND spokesman have earlier said it. They have the gadget to defeat the 9ja military
Re: Yar’adua Warns Militants by kokoA(m): 11:47am On Jul 22, 2009
sley4life:

The MEND spokesman have notified the country earlier on how they will bring down the nigeria military

@ sley4life

I want to believe you are joking about MEND defeating Nigerian military. Nigeria may be a failed country but that does not mean a group of rascals can dare our military might. No, not yet.
Re: Yar’adua Warns Militants by sley4life(m): 11:55am On Jul 22, 2009
kokoA:

@ sley4life

I want to believe you are joking about MEND defeating Nigerian military. Nigeria may be a failed country but that does not mean a group of rascals can dare our military might. No, not yet.
Read this:
How armed is MEND and does the group have the capacity to fight a full-blown war?
Just as David relied on five pebbles to defeat Goliath, we have some basic tools that are very effective to fight against a conventional army.

United States President Barack Obama visited Ghana recently and shunned Nigeria. How would MEND react to this?
We already did in our statement announcing the Atlas Cove attack.

Directly from Jomo Gbomo, MEND's spokeperson
Re: Yar’adua Warns Militants by faoni572(m): 11:57am On Jul 22, 2009
sley4life:

MEND spokesman can say anything he likes but the fact still remain that MEND can never defeat Nigeria Military!
Re: Yar’adua Warns Militants by Jakumo(m): 12:17pm On Jul 22, 2009
Investigations are under way to ascertain the veracity of rumours suggesting that the Maximum Leader is planning a surprise visit to the Niger Delta battle front, where he will exchange a few machinegun bursts and RPG rounds with the enemy, in order to boost troop morale.
Re: Yar’adua Warns Militants by sley4life(m): 2:04pm On Jul 22, 2009
The FG are making empty treats for all i care. They cant withstand the militants
Re: Yar’adua Warns Militants by kokoA(m): 2:10pm On Jul 22, 2009
sley4life:

The FG are making empty treats for all i care. They cant withstand the militants

Read that thing you posted earlier (so called interview with jomo something). The militant did not say they can stand the Nigerian military. He said "conventional amy". Nigeria has one of the best ground forces in the world if you don't know. There is no point aguring with you anyway.
Re: Yar’adua Warns Militants by wandecoal(m): 2:13pm On Jul 22, 2009
See person wey dey warn militants.
Haba!, check the kind of gun wey dem dey use!(Nigerian Force no even get am!)
                                       yeye! haha!.

Re: Yar’adua Warns Militants by sley4life(m): 2:23pm On Jul 22, 2009
abeg tell dem jare. If the FG could withstand the militant they would have done so long time ago.
Re: Yar’adua Warns Militants by sley4life(m): 4:17am On Jul 24, 2009
This type of warnings arent for the militants
Re: Yar’adua Warns Militants by Beaf: 5:09am On Jul 24, 2009
kokoA:

@ sley4life

This is the deal. . .

The army is only good at beating up civilians (especially women) shocked shocked shocked
18. . . Only 18 MEND commando's passed right by ojo cantonement to destroy Atlas Cove. The army was asleep (after heavy bouts of burukutu and pepper soup). Those that were awake tried to radio, but battery don finish; those that were ready got into the only working vehicle. . . Damn! No fuel! Others wanted to use heavy guns, but there were no bullets or projectiles. The commander wanted to use his binoculars, only that the glass was broken; he wanted to command the troops forward, only he realised he didn't know how because he was promoted straight from private to colonel.

That is your army. Don't let me start on the airforce who will soon be throwing bombs by hand through helicopter windows. . . shocked

IBB wrecked the army and airforce after Great Ogboru's coup. That is why JTF are suffering in Warri South. Dem de hear wen! cool

MEND are better armed. . . And better dessed.

Re: Yar’adua Warns Militants by Beaf: 5:55am On Jul 24, 2009
Yar’Adua, speaking at the commissioning of the Peace Park in Yenagoa during a one-day working visit to the state explained that the Niger Delta is very high on the agenda of his administration and he would ensure that he restores peace to the region in partnership with all stakeholders in the region.

Yar Adua has no shame! Yenagoa is in Bayelsa state which has never (I mean never) been connected to the national electricity grid! In 50 years of independence! Talk of neglect!
Re: Yar’adua Warns Militants by babapupa: 8:00am On Jul 24, 2009
Behind every neglect, sons of the soil don steal money because den don award contract long long time ago.

You fools spent so much time worrying about other people like weak yoruba people and OPC while your crooked leaders are busy looting your statutory allocations and Nigeria's 11% oil wealth.

All that nonsense is not gonna prevent fashola from planting another three, from adding the 3rd igbo man to his cabinet, from building another overhead bridge or ordering tons of BRT buses. You and your people on the other hand have leaders who are doing the opposite, your leaders are looting your resources right in front of you, they are buying mansions in london and sending their kids to private schools in europe.

I know the only way to keep you mugus in check is  telling you that other people are the problem, other people are the enemies, it's the hausa people, it's the evil yoruba people,  but we both know the enemies are your elected and appointed officials. The government gave them nearly everything they asked for, they just didn't deliver to the good people of the delta. The feds that you guys hate so much created and fund the only regional agency in the country on top of all the extra resources den dey pure inside the delta (Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) to develop the delta and take care of your people including electrification and put another son of the soil in charge, as usual, son of the soil stole the agency dry and spent 1 billion Naira on rituals.

And talking about Bayelsa, we all know about Bayelsa son of the soil who coldly stole his his people dry and I'm sure we all know about (EFCC Hands Over N44.5 Billion to Bayelsa) The feds that you hate so much managed to get fish back and returned the looted money and chelsea hotel in Abuja back to the people of Bayelsa. , thought there's no guarantee that the returned money is not gonna be stolen or finds it's way back to Alamieyeseigha.

I guess you and  MEND don determine say the money wey den dey steal no belong to the people of the delta so no need to blow them up like the poor innocent people in lagos. Even Odili and Ibori just dey invisible to you and MEND.

@ Beaf, that's what you call neglect, your people are neglecting you. What ever resources the feds sends over to the good people of the delta is gonna have to go through the thieves you call leaders and every penny is gonna be diverted, That I guarantee you and if I might add, the money is not gonna end up in OPC's or weak and coward yoruba people's pocket.

MEND get better fish to fry inside the delta but sadly, the embezzlers and strings pullers are the ones calling the shots at the expense of the poor and innocent folks of the delta.
Re: Yar’adua Warns Militants by Beaf: 9:32pm On Jul 24, 2009
beaf: Yar Adua has no shame! Yenagoa is in Bayelsa state which has never (I mean never) been connected to the national electricity grid! In 50 years of independence! Talk of neglect!

babapupa: You fools spent so much time worrying about other people like weak yoruba people and OPC while your crooked leaders are busy looting your statutory allocations and Nigeria's 11% oil wealth.

All that nonsense is not gonna prevent fashola from planting another three, from adding the 3rd igbo man to his cabinet, from building another overhead bridge or ordering tons of BRT buses. You and your people on the other hand have leaders who are doing the opposite, your leaders are looting your resources right in front of you, they are buying mansions in london and sending their kids to private schools in europe.~~~
@ Beaf, that's what you call neglect, your people are neglecting you. ~~~

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Another fool!

Who told you Niger Delta leaders were ever in charge of connecting Bayelsa state to the national electricity grid? shocked shocked shocked I can't stop laughing, you are 100% comedy.
It is best to ignore idiots.

PS. ND people are not Igbo.
Re: Yar’adua Warns Militants by asha80(m): 9:35pm On Jul 24, 2009
Beaf:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Another fool!

Who told you Niger Delta leaders were ever in charge of connecting Bayelsa state to the national electricity grid? shocked shocked shocked I can't stop laughing, you are 100% comedy.
It is best to ignore idiots.

PS. ND people are not Igbo.

To him everyone east of ore is igbo.
Re: Yar’adua Warns Militants by babapupa: 9:53pm On Jul 24, 2009
lol @ 2 odes, the post didn't say shit about Igbo. Feel free to paint it as one though. What else is new?

Simple comprehension these clowns no sabi. Obviously the fashola reference got your blood boiling.

kpele,

lmao.
Re: Yar’adua Warns Militants by Beaf: 10:19pm On Jul 24, 2009
babapupa:

lol @ 2 odes, the post didn't say shit about Igbo. Feel free to paint it as one though. What else is new?

Simple comprehension these clowns no sabi. Obviously the fashola reference got your blood boiling.

kpele,

lmao.

Ewo! "Igbo" is highlighted in the message you replied. Jesu! The man has now gone mad! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Anyways, simple questions for an evil simpleton:
Who is guilty of the following, Fed govt or Ibori / Alams or any other ND leaders?
[list]
[li]Odi massacre (2500 dead including; babies, women, children and the elderly)[/li]
[li]20 Niger Delta communities wiped off the surface of Earth since 1999[/li]
[li]50,000 dead since 1999[/li]
[li]The death of Ken Saro Wiwa (a peaceful ND leader)[/li]
[/list]
Re: Yar’adua Warns Militants by babapupa: 10:26pm On Jul 24, 2009
Ode of no comprehension, I was make a point per no matter what you clowns are spitting on the internet, fashola is doing what you hateful  clowns will never do in the spirit of unity by appointing minorities,

Feel free to hang yourself if the message to big to enter ya head, lmao

Btw, this is the other part of my post that you don't want to deal with,

Address this first or stfu,

[b]
Behind every neglect, sons of the soil don steal money because den don award contract long long time ago.

You fools spent so much time worrying about other people like weak yoruba people and OPC while your crooked leaders are busy looting your statutory allocations and Nigeria's 11% oil wealth.

All that nonsense is not gonna prevent fashola from planting another three, from adding the 3rd igbo man to his cabinet, from building another overhead bridge or ordering tons of BRT buses. You and your people on the other hand have leaders who are doing the opposite, your leaders are looting your resources right in front of you, they are buying mansions in london and sending their kids to private schools in europe.

I know the only way to keep you mugus in check is  telling you that other people are the problem, other people are the enemies, it's the hausa people, it's the evil yoruba people,  but we both know the enemies are your elected and appointed officials. The government gave them nearly everything they asked for, they just didn't deliver to the good people of the delta. The feds that you guys hate so much created and fund the only regional agency in the country on top of all the extra resources den dey pure inside the delta (Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) to develop the delta and take care of your people including electrification and put another son of the soil in charge, as usual, son of the soil stole the agency dry and spent 1 billion Naira on rituals.

And talking about Bayelsa, we all know about Bayelsa son of the soil who coldly stole his his people dry and I'm sure we all know about (EFCC Hands Over N44.5 Billion to Bayelsa) The feds that you hate so much managed to get fish back and returned the looted money and chelsea hotel in Abuja back to the people of Bayelsa. , thought there's no guarantee that the returned money is not gonna be stolen or finds it's way back to Alamieyeseigha.

I guess you and  MEND don determine say the money wey den dey steal no belong to the people of the delta so no need to blow them up like the poor innocent people in lagos. Even Odili and Ibori just dey invisible to you and MEND.[/b]
Re: Yar’adua Warns Militants by Beaf: 10:34pm On Jul 24, 2009
Mr "Fashola", this will cure your sickness:
Who is guilty of the following, Fed govt or Ibori / Alams or any other ND leaders?
[list]
[li]Odi massacre (2500 dead including; babies, women, children and the elderly)[/li]
[/list]
Re: Yar’adua Warns Militants by babapupa: 11:04pm On Jul 24, 2009
One more time, deal with the post above yours or STFU.

Fashola can't cure no illness but your people go dey better off with people like fashola in charge of the delta since your leaders are currently preoccupied with other nonsense but the well Well-being, safety and security of your people.

And I'm siting here laughing at the stupid and clueless stats you have there. You obviously don't know shit about the evils of corruption. Lack of development via looting and stealing by alams and the rest of your leaders don kill hundreds of thousands. do you know how many hospitals and clinics the money alams alone stole could have built , talk less deltans getting educated and dominating the oil business and down stream industries in the delta. we're not even talking about odili, ibori, MEND and all the other bunkering kingpins in the delta,

You really are dumb and stupid.
Re: Yar’adua Warns Militants by Beaf: 11:11pm On Jul 24, 2009
Mr "Fashola"!

So you can't answer simple questions? Even when innocent blood is on your hands? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Mr "Fashola", this will cure your sickness:
[list]
[/list]
Re: Yar’adua Warns Militants by babapupa: 11:46pm On Jul 24, 2009
I answered your question, you just don't know how to read or you have serious comprehension problem.

Lack of development via looting and stealing by alams and the rest of your leaders don kill hundreds of thousands. do you know how many hospitals and clinics the money alams alone stole could have built , talk less deltans getting educated and dominating the oil business and down stream industries in the delta. we're not even talking about odili, ibori, MEND and all the other bunkering kingpins in the delta

I'll indulge you as soon as you start making sense,

(1) (Reply)

Yewa/awori Elders Endorse Tunji Olurin / Phillip Emegweali Finally Exonerated! / This Hausa Man Has Lived In Onitsha For 81 Years Selling Kwilikwili & Kunu Zaki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.