Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,914 members, 7,949,170 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 08:40 PM

55 Things You Might Not Know About Our Beloved Country, Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 55 Things You Might Not Know About Our Beloved Country, Nigeria (28979 Views)

Nigeria At 55: 55 Things You May Not Know About Our Beloved Country / * Nigeria At 55: 55 Things You May Not Know About Our Beloved Country. / Pre-Independence Day: Nigeria My Beloved Country... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 55 Things You Might Not Know About Our Beloved Country, Nigeria by scholes0(m): 9:22am On Mar 19, 2016
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: 55 Things You Might Not Know About Our Beloved Country, Nigeria by 5starmilitant: 9:22am On Mar 19, 2016
Nice one op. Pej don make history. cheesy
Re: 55 Things You Might Not Know About Our Beloved Country, Nigeria by topazzz: 9:22am On Mar 19, 2016
Re: 55 Things You Might Not Know About Our Beloved Country, Nigeria by Nobody: 9:24am On Mar 19, 2016
Nice one
Re: 55 Things You Might Not Know About Our Beloved Country, Nigeria by nwakibie3(m): 9:25am On Mar 19, 2016
Nigeria Nigeria Nigeria. A nation, a country, or a mere geographical expression. Chinua Achebe will always say things are falling apart . Or do we say the centre can no longer hold.Better still no longer at ease. Do we join Wole Soyinka to echo that the man died and the matter is dead? Do we join Ola Rotimi to resign to helplessness and hoplessness by echoing the gods are not to blame? I wish someone can show us a man of the people.I wish someone can assure us that the trial of brother Jero was meant to be the trial of a country called Nigeria. How did we get to George Owell's animal farm were all animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.Who wrote this satanic verse for Nigeria? as Salmon Rushdie will put it.Do we have a mandela? to inspire hope and courage? Any Marthin Luther King to dream us into a better future? Sunny Okosun asked a question of which i am re-echoing: WHICH WAY NIGERIA?
Re: 55 Things You Might Not Know About Our Beloved Country, Nigeria by Nobody: 9:25am On Mar 19, 2016
No. 19 is the sole reason we haven't seen any progress hundred years after amalgamation.

Forceful coexistence doesn't bring lasting progress and development.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 55 Things You Might Not Know About Our Beloved Country, Nigeria by Pennsylvania: 9:28am On Mar 19, 2016
Re: 55 Things You Might Not Know About Our Beloved Country, Nigeria by Ekeeyhandsome(m): 9:28am On Mar 19, 2016
How the mighty has fallen
Re: 55 Things You Might Not Know About Our Beloved Country, Nigeria by Vanpascore(m): 9:30am On Mar 19, 2016
Oh mama peace, no M.Ed/M.Sc, from B.ed to P.hd. Mama sabi book o. I Love Nigeria.
Re: 55 Things You Might Not Know About Our Beloved Country, Nigeria by Pennsylvania: 9:31am On Mar 19, 2016
Number 4 and 7 though. 15 is still the best!
Re: 55 Things You Might Not Know About Our Beloved Country, Nigeria by lomprico(m): 9:31am On Mar 19, 2016
56. In 2016 nigeria became a joke!
Re: 55 Things You Might Not Know About Our Beloved Country, Nigeria by Vanpascore(m): 9:33am On Mar 19, 2016
nwakibie3:
Nigeria Nigeria Nigeria. A nation, a country, or a mere geographical expression. Chinua Achebe will always say things are falling apart . Or do we say the centre can no longer hold.Better still no longer at ease. Do we join Wole Soyinka to echo that the man died and the matter is dead? Do we join Ola Rotimi to resign to helplessness and hoplessness by echoing the gods are not to blame? I wish someone can show us a man of the people.I wish someone can assure us that the trial of brother Jero was meant to be the trial of a country called Nigeria. How did we get to George Owell's animal farm were all animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.Who wrote this satanic verse for Nigeria? as Salmon Rushdie will put it.Do we have a mandela? to inspire hope and courage? Any Marthin Luther King to dream us into a better future? Sunny Okosun asked a question of which i am re-echoing: WHICH WAY NIGERIA?

Waoooh, bro take one bottle, nice one

1 Like

Re: 55 Things You Might Not Know About Our Beloved Country, Nigeria by lonelydora: 9:36am On Mar 19, 2016
Abeg they should bring back Number 12. We need it now.

My dad told me about No. 15
Re: 55 Things You Might Not Know About Our Beloved Country, Nigeria by funnynation(m): 9:37am On Mar 19, 2016
pure definition of funnynation
Re: 55 Things You Might Not Know About Our Beloved Country, Nigeria by innocentchuks(m): 9:37am On Mar 19, 2016
Educative
Re: 55 Things You Might Not Know About Our Beloved Country, Nigeria by Nobody: 9:38am On Mar 19, 2016
"2. Patience Jonathan is one of Nigeria’s most-educated First Ladies, with an NCE, a B.Ed, and a PhD from University of Port-Harcourt."

please stop peddling falsehoods, patience has a honorary Ph.D, she didn't study for it. you might as well say Andy ubah is educated because he was awarded (bought) honoraORY pH.D

1 Like

Re: 55 Things You Might Not Know About Our Beloved Country, Nigeria by otiigba1(m): 9:38am On Mar 19, 2016
Fascinating and interesting!
Re: 55 Things You Might Not Know About Our Beloved Country, Nigeria by MrOlai: 9:40am On Mar 19, 2016
benestico:
Do you know that?

2. Patience Jonathan is one of Nigeria’s most-educated First Ladies with an NCE, a B.Ed, and a PhD from University of Port-Harcourt.

Chai ! grin
Re: 55 Things You Might Not Know About Our Beloved Country, Nigeria by Jackossky(m): 9:40am On Mar 19, 2016
wow
educative
I had to add it to my save pages for future reference

Thanks opp for dis piece of info
I was thinking of travelling to bayelsa but with what av read am changing my destination
Re: 55 Things You Might Not Know About Our Beloved Country, Nigeria by Akosxxx(m): 9:40am On Mar 19, 2016
Patience Jonathan most Educated?

Beta mk she no even go school!
Re: 55 Things You Might Not Know About Our Beloved Country, Nigeria by bidak(m): 9:41am On Mar 19, 2016
wow this is really nice learnt something new today not all this yeye tonto dikeh and her cleavage always making front page
Re: 55 Things You Might Not Know About Our Beloved Country, Nigeria by Reddington(m): 9:41am On Mar 19, 2016
" In 1895, Koko of Nembe (now in Bayelsa) took 60 white men hostage. When the British refused his demands, more than 40 of those men were eaten. In 1895, Koko of Nembe (now in Bayelsa) took 60 white men hostage. When the British refused his demands, more than 40 of those men were eaten." grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 55 Things You Might Not Know About Our Beloved Country, Nigeria by Theophrastus(m): 9:43am On Mar 19, 2016
That #55 tire me o
Re: 55 Things You Might Not Know About Our Beloved Country, Nigeria by Johnny19: 9:43am On Mar 19, 2016
I'm proudly NIGERIAN
Re: 55 Things You Might Not Know About Our Beloved Country, Nigeria by jojothaiv(m): 9:44am On Mar 19, 2016
lloydpras:
Nawa for Number 2!
Now I understand the terms behind "World Education Services" (WES) not accepting Transcripts from UniPort
Wicked.....

1 Like

Re: 55 Things You Might Not Know About Our Beloved Country, Nigeria by moscobabs(m): 9:47am On Mar 19, 2016
Me no beliv that number 2

all her qualification were honourary
Re: 55 Things You Might Not Know About Our Beloved Country, Nigeria by sunnex2: 9:49am On Mar 19, 2016
AyamConfidence:
I guess it's an exposition. I will verify for permanence sake.
Re: 55 Things You Might Not Know About Our Beloved Country, Nigeria by otiigba1(m): 9:49am On Mar 19, 2016
For those of you who wants to be like Dangote overnight as you can see the Dantata,Dangotes has always been wealthy even before nigerian independent from the the british.
And they did not become wealthy by yahoo yahooing, rituals, one chancing, 419ing, nollywooding, oloshoing, baby factoring,pastoring and making mediocre music or rapping. They became wealthy by exporting GROUNDNUT! Yes! GROUNDNUT! From their farm lands So agriculture is were enternal wealth lies. Forget oil silver or gold! Agric. Is wealth.

7 Likes

Re: 55 Things You Might Not Know About Our Beloved Country, Nigeria by vega84(m): 9:51am On Mar 19, 2016
Thank u brother

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See The Colourful Suit Timipre Sylva Rocked In Abuja Today. Photo / Saraki And His 80 Lawyers / Throwback Photo Of Okowa Ibori & Uduaghan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.