Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,108 members, 7,899,960 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 11:58 PM

Can Subaru Forester Or Outback Succeed In Nigeria? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Can Subaru Forester Or Outback Succeed In Nigeria? (3049 Views)

Sold. Sold. Sold. Toks. Subaru Legacy 05 For Sale @ 1.350m / Toks 2006 Model Subaru Forester 4 AWD Fabric Interior For Sale..... / Toks 2006 Subaru Outback . A Car That Comes In 4wd. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Subaru Forester Or Outback Succeed In Nigeria? by loveson(m): 9:12pm On Mar 19, 2016
People, what do you think about Subaru cars especially the new 2015 Outback? Where can i get it? Do you think it would succeed in Nigeria, with the craze about Totota and Honda growing louder and louder. Looking for constructive contributions...
Re: Can Subaru Forester Or Outback Succeed In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Mar 19, 2016
Any car can survive anywhere as long as the maintenance is carried out. The problem with out people is that they do not apply the right tool for the job.

I'll buy a Subaru and use it in Nigeria.

They do go through head gaskets somewhat due to their H engine design but the bonus is that all their products are AWD. With adequate tires then you can safely go to most places. It's however not an SUV so ground clearance needs to be kept in mind.

Good luck.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Subaru Forester Or Outback Succeed In Nigeria? by loveson(m): 9:48pm On Mar 19, 2016
Thanks. So you are saying with flooding of roads and 'big pot holes' in Nigeria, the Subaru Outback would not fail?

EgunMogaji:
Any car can survive anywhere as long as the maintenance is carried out. The problem with out people is that they do not apply the right tool for the job.

They do go through head gaskets somewhat due to their H engine design but the bonus is that all their products are AWD. With adequate tires then you can safely go to most places. It's however not an SUV so ground clearance needs to be kept in mind.

Good luck.
Re: Can Subaru Forester Or Outback Succeed In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Mar 19, 2016
loveson:
Thanks. So you are saying with flooding of roads and 'big pot holes' in Nigeria, the Subaru Outback would not fail?

Let's be clear.

I'm saying that I, EgunMogaji Baba Awon Gbogbo Omokomo Ori Nairaland, will not hesitate to buy and operate a Subaru Outback in Nigeria. But then I'm a hardy character and I do most of my own automotive work. In Nigeria I many never do my own work but will simply tell Kazeem what to do while I watch him carefully and also provide the original manufacturer part.

1 Like

Re: Can Subaru Forester Or Outback Succeed In Nigeria? by airlord2020: 12:08am On Mar 20, 2016
Re: Can Subaru Forester Or Outback Succeed In Nigeria? by airlord2020: 12:08am On Mar 20, 2016
You can get it from subaru dealer

Subaru All-Wheel Centre, 13 Bishop Oluwole V.I

loveson:
People, what do you think about Subaru cars especially the new 2015 Outback? Where can i get it? Do you think it would succeed in Nigeria, with the craze about Totota and Honda growing louder and louder. Looking for constructive contributions...
Re: Can Subaru Forester Or Outback Succeed In Nigeria? by USAutoBuy(m): 9:51am On Mar 20, 2016
Subaru are very good cars . Rugged. Made in Japan. If Hyundai can survive in Nigeria, so you don't have to worry about Subaru

The gasket issue is a long time ago. affects only 1998-2002 Models.

The best thing to do is to get Subaru as a used car. They cost a lot brand new but they dont hold their resale values as like Toyota.

However, that has nothing to do with their quality. They are excellent cars.

Used to drive a Subaru GL wagon while in school more than 15yrs ago in California. Never for once failed me for almost 2yrs i had the car. The engine seat was bad (cant remember if i got it like that) which makes the exhaust pipe break like every 2-3months. I will just go re-weld and keep driving it until i got rid of the car.

Go for it
Re: Can Subaru Forester Or Outback Succeed In Nigeria? by rhodahe(m): 8:22pm On Oct 17, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Good luck.
HI, Paid. pls where can 1 find Subaru Forester parts available around Nigeria esp head gasket and front lower control arm and other parts. tnx
Re: Can Subaru Forester Or Outback Succeed In Nigeria? by rhodahe(m): 9:00pm On Oct 17, 2017
USAutoBuy:
Subaru are very good cars . Rugged. Made in Japan. If Hyundai can survive in Nigeria, so you don't have to worry about Subaru

The gasket issue is a long time ago. affects only 1998-2002 Models.

The best thing to do is to get Subaru as a used car. They cost a lot brand new but they dont hold their resale values as like Toyota.

However, that has nothing to do with their quality. They are excellent cars.

Used to drive a Subaru GL wagon while in school more than 15yrs ago in California. Never for once failed me for almost 2yrs i had the car. The engine seat was bad (cant remember if i got it like that) which makes the exhaust pipe break like every 2-3months. I will just go re-weld and keep driving it until i got rid of the car.

Go for it
HI, Paid. pls where can 1 find Subaru Forester parts available around Nigeria esp head gasket and front lower control arm and other parts. tnx
Re: Can Subaru Forester Or Outback Succeed In Nigeria? by Engobi(m): 9:32pm On Apr 08, 2020
Evening sir You made a post on my page pertaining to one Ford Edge 2011 foreign used are you still interested?

(1) (Reply)

Lexus IS250 2010 Fulloption Luxury...4.2m / Sharp Direct BRAND NEW 2016 Toyota LANDCRUISER PRADO now 23m (kaduna) / 2016 Mercedes Benz GLE 450 AMG (in Abuja) - Used

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.