Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,137 members, 7,931,909 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 02:20 PM

How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. (27715 Views)

My 6month Old German Shepherd Dog(queen) / Just Got A Caucasian Shepherd Dog. I Need Tips. / The Largest Caucasians Shepherd Dog In Nigerian (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by powerfulsettingz: 11:37am On Mar 20, 2016
RIP
Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by Nobody: 11:44am On Mar 20, 2016
I can't believe I am saying sorry to you but I have to, sorry bro. Since I lost my dog when I was small, I have resolved never to have any dog or put interest in any. My host has three dogs and I have stayed with him for 7months and I only know the name of one dog because that particular one has bitten me twice.

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by Nicepoker(m): 11:46am On Mar 20, 2016
Na lassa fever kill am.
Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by Pascal181: 11:48am On Mar 20, 2016
Sorry! May her gentle soul rest in piss! When is d burial b4 I forget?
Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by judie3rd: 11:48am On Mar 20, 2016
Am so sorry for your loss.....my dog is also pregnant and I hope this doesn't happen to her
Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by greatbrian(m): 11:48am On Mar 20, 2016
Jesus Christ...... may the soul of the poor and helpless sweetheart rest in peace
Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by 3rdeye1(m): 11:49am On Mar 20, 2016
Some of u might be wondering why there is so much pity over a dog. Personally, I as a person respect this loyal animals a lot. Some human beings are not near them in wisdom and loyalty. Sorry for ur loss OP. I heard of dog who for many days went to d spot where her owner was killed by a hit and run driver. Just lying there and paying her respect.

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by Badetoyin(m): 11:50am On Mar 20, 2016
Am really sorry for your loss, please take heart, I have an experience similar to your but mine was puppies, lost of appetit, weight, cries and weakness and bloody stoo, mine was diagnosed to be PiVORUS virus. I went to deep reseach of the cause and preventions, but I was surprised there is none for now! I lost 4 puppies and I was told to fumigate my whole compound if I want to keep my kennel safe.
Am not saying its the real answer but its similar in symtons.
Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by justmenoni: 11:51am On Mar 20, 2016
And why some people are looking for just anything to eat someone somewhere has alot that he can even give his dog varieties... Truly life is a bitch

quote author=LMAyedun post=43938731]R I P to ur dog..

'Everybody with him own wahala', while some families are mourning the death of a father, a mother, a brother, a sister, some are mourning the death of a dog. embarassed

That's the irony of life

May God console those with troubled & broken hearts.[/quote]
Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by barcaboi(m): 11:53am On Mar 20, 2016
swaxon:
Sorry bro for ur loss. But then in sec school. We were taught about a viral disease that has symptoms just like u described blood oozing out of openings. It called Coccidiosis u can browse it out to know more
cocci affects birds not animals.....brucellosis affects mammals usually wch leads to abortion and miscarriage wch must have ruptured her internal organ....sad bews tho

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by barcaboi(m): 11:55am On Mar 20, 2016
sorry bro.....it happens but u'd get stronger...
Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by Nobody: 12:01pm On Mar 20, 2016
Its obvious uv not been taking great care of your dog, look at the poor sanitary conditions u subjected it to.

These foreign breeds are sensitive and not really suited for our climate, they monthly cocktails of drugs and injections to survive, you don't just take them to anyone wearing a whitecoat.

Have to go to a reputable vet who knows about dogs, when cross breeding have to ascertain the quality of the dog ur crossing with, u test for infections.

My condolences, my advice to you is : buy a local breed , forget all these expensive rubbish foreign breeds, the don't last long.

Maximum life span on these dogs is 5yrs tops, same applies to rottys, caucasions and the likes.

Stick with our local bingo, doesn't need injections , drugs or special foods, and they can last up to 15yrs.

4 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by Nobody: 12:02pm On Mar 20, 2016
I can bet me eyes teeth that it is Parvo Virus...The new Gsd passed it unto her....We bought a male Alsatian, Brandon to keep our female, Bresibee, company...He was so quiet and always lying down..Our once bubbly female dog, stopped playing and lost appetite... A vet came and said Bvitamins, for them....I didn't trust him, called a qualified vet friend of mine and he said "Rush them to the clinic immediately" ...They were put on drip, lots of injections and food...Sadly, the male died cause he couldn't suppress...My dad prayed and prayed for the female and she survived!!!Omo, we bought drinks to celebrate ooooo.

looooool.

Avoid buying any other dog cos Parvo stays for long...Sorry 4 Ur loss ..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by pmadise(m): 12:06pm On Mar 20, 2016
Really sorry for the loss.

Its a clear case of parvovirus. My CO started the same symptoms yesterday and the vet is treating with injections and drip...we're hoping that he scales through.

Kindly find a space to accept our deep condolences.
Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by cr7lomo: 12:06pm On Mar 20, 2016
Vig86:
I can't believe I am saying sorry to you but I have to, sorry bro. Since I lost my dog when I was small, I have resolved never to have any dog or put interest in any. My host has three dogs and I have stayed with him for 7months and I only know the name of one dog because that particular one has bitten me twice.

Just like me, after my brother mistakenly killed our family dog while driving into our compound... I was still very young then, I stopped attaching myself to dogs cos I cried like a bit...ch bk then

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by tuscani: 12:08pm On Mar 20, 2016
oh dear, I know that feeling. So sorry for your loss.There are new crossbreeds that more resistant to diseases.
Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by Adeevah(m): 12:17pm On Mar 20, 2016
BUTCHCASSIDY:
Sounds like Ebola to me

Lol...

Or lassafever
Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by Nobody: 12:19pm On Mar 20, 2016
Adeevah:

Lol...

Or lassafever

Or both... Ebossa grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by nenergy(m): 12:19pm On Mar 20, 2016
steffans:

Or that male GSD passed on a disease to her.
My thoughts exactly! Sexually transmitted Disease. Call the itamaga breeder and ask if he's "bull" is showing signs. The male dog might be a vector though. Sorry!
Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by cybriz82(m): 12:19pm On Mar 20, 2016
Him dey talk abt Gsd (german shepherd) u dey talk NAD(naija agbero dog) na wa for u ooo.
No even tink of yabbin me bk cus evn mesef get GSM(german shepherd monkey) picture below.if u try am I go cme for u my monkey go cme 4 ur dog.na joke I dey ooo happy sunday boss.happy sunday NLder peeps 1love.op sorry 4 ur lost.

Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by whiz10(m): 12:19pm On Mar 20, 2016
รѳʀʀy ɓʀѳ.

ɓut I ɦɑѵɛ a quɛรtiѳɳ tѳ ɑรk.

ɗiɗ yѳu cɑʀʀiɛɗ out ɑʆʆ tɦɛ tѳtɑʆ tɛรt ʀɛquiʀɛɗ ɓɛԲѳʀɛ ɓʀɛɛɗiɳg?

iԲ ɳѳ, yѳu ɑʀɛ รѳɱɛwɦɑt ʀɛรpѳɳรiɓʆɛ Բѳʀ tɦɛ ɗɛɑtɦ ѳԲ tɦɑt ɗѳg.

I ɦɑѵɛ รɛɛɳ ɱɑɳy wɦѳ ʆѳรt tɦɛiʀ ɗѳgร ɗuɛ tѳ ɳɛgʆigɛɳcɛ ѳԲ tɦiร pʀɛ pʀɛgɳɑɳcy tɛรt ɑɳɗ treatment. iɳ ɱy Բɑɱiʆy pɛʀรѳɳɑʆʆy, wɛ ɓɛgiɳ tɦѳรɛ tʀɛɑtɱɛɳt ɑɓѳut 2ɱѳɳtɦ ɓɛԲѳʀɛ ɦɛʀ pʀɛɗictɛɗ ɓʀɛɛɗiɳg tiɱɛ.
Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by MoyoGENERAL: 12:19pm On Mar 20, 2016
MOD ehn.....See wetin you post....
How I lost my female German Shepherd during pregnancy?..... where dog dey for the topic on FP....I come dey reason plenty plenty things, even dey pity the "woman" involved, thinking abi womb don turn German Shepherd again, not knowing that twas just a dog!!!!....lol....abeg MOD put the topics in full, make we know wetin we dey click jare!!!!!

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by Pamelayoung: 12:25pm On Mar 20, 2016
I don't do pets tho, but I think when next you need to cross breed ascertain the health status of the other pet.
Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by GlitzG: 12:30pm On Mar 20, 2016
So sorry for your loss. I rily feel ur pain.
Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by famzynet: 12:49pm On Mar 20, 2016
Sorry for your lost OP. That vet doctor of yours needs to have his certificate retrieved. How can a dog be stooling blood and vomitting and he said it is abortion? I am no vet doctor but my knowledge of medicine makes me believe that dog must have eaten something poisonous or contacted a serious pathogenic organism and ought to have been on broad spectrum antibiotics, pain relieves and possibly would have received drip solution to rehydrate him. Please change your vet doctor and next time,take your dog to a dog hospital when you notice weakness like that instead of relying on a quack or unserious and lazy vet. doctor.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by joey150(m): 1:16pm On Mar 20, 2016
Best economy ever.
People cooking fancy foods for dogs and paying 1k for bird, some dey buy s7.

I must say buhari is indeed good.

Abi no be so?! grin

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by jesussaves22: 1:26pm On Mar 20, 2016
So people can feed an ordinary animal with those mention food while hunger is killing the poor in his environs? Chai God help us.
Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by stildude(m): 1:47pm On Mar 20, 2016
Sorry buddy. I lost a German Shepherd some three months ago too. Showed a bit of same symptoms. Loss of weight, lack of appetite and so on. I came back one morning from vigil to find her lying outside. So I decided to take a nap to take him to the vet afterwards only to wake and find that he was dead inside his cage. The rot/Shepherd cross that shared the cage with him and shown same sign before recovered. Both of them were taken for treatment same time. But I lost the Shepherd later.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by Rashman578(m): 1:52pm On Mar 20, 2016
Well it seems ur dog died of a mix of nematode infections.
Toxocara canis in d G.I.T(gastrointestinal tract) dat explains bloody stool in anus n mouth accompained filaroides (a metastonglye infection) wch explains dat of d nose cos it affects d respiratory system..was she breathin fast prior to death? Wen last did u deworm her? Nd more importantly was her vaccination programm followed strictly?... However i'd advice u take it to d nearest vet clinic for autopsy.. Frm der u may b able to avoid future occurence..
Sorry for ur loss
Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by Nobody: 2:07pm On Mar 20, 2016
village witches at work...
Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by HiDee2(m): 2:41pm On Mar 20, 2016
JOOHEL:
good morning nairalanders and pet section. I just lost my female Gsd yesterday march 18 2016. she died around 1am . OK. to cut the long story short. I and my family moved to ikorodu area of Lagos. January and she came on heat February . during her heat days I looked around ikorodu and surfed the internet for dog breeders. I got one online that stays at itamaga.. on the 22nd and 23rd of February I took her to itamaga to cross with the male Gsd full slant back. after 2 weeks I started seeing symptoms in her . she lost appetite and she vommitted. she headly eats starch ie indomie,rice etc she was only concerned about the meat or fish or biscuit bone or canned food mixed with the indomie. she continued this thing until Tuesday this week. on Tuesday morning I strolled with her in our estate because she was looking weak and dull. before I took her out she excreted blood mixed with her shit after coming back I cooked indomie and sardines she ate them and slept . later that night she was restless when I checked her . she didn't sleep well she was restless . the next day being Wednesday her tongue was red , saw blood on her nose . she didn't eat. I gave her her favorite food. ie egg meat yoghurt etc she didn't eat . any time she wants to sit down she'll groan and make noise. she started stooling blood . she stood almost throughout the 'Day she hardly sits . we called on the vet doc and said she's aborting the puppies. so he said we should buy predilin 2 times daily for 4 days. I bought the drugs and gave her that evening but the pain was still there. I took her to the cage and left water inside the cage. around 12:30 am she was fast asleep 12:45am she started making noise and died. she bled tru her mouth and nose and anus . now I've been asking myself what could have killed her . the vet said it's from her liver but I cannot go with it. photos attached

Can you do a post mortem before buying its corpse so that you can rightly ascertain the cause of death rather than guesswork? I am afraid if it is anthrax, you could be at risk too, hence, the need for proper precautions.
Sorry on your loss.
Re: How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. by Pdizzle(m): 2:54pm On Mar 20, 2016
nerilove:
So sorry.maybe the vet doctor didn't help in anyway. Also that cage I'm seeing is not ventilated enough for her. It may. Depend on the food you are giving her. How many times do you inject her? I will send U pictures of how cage should be for GS and the food I give mine because I've one. See pic of me and bruno. He's doing so good nd healthy.

Fresh dog. Got puppies?

Sorry OP

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can You Identify This Snake? / Is Dog Breeding Business Lucrative In Nigeria / Russian Policeman Adored As He Helps A Limping Dog Cross Road. Photos & Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.