Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,675 members, 7,965,573 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 04:16 PM

2gunns's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 2gunns's Profile / 2gunns's Posts

(1) (of 1 pages)

Politics / Re: See How Tinubu Square Was Remodeled Over The Years (PHOTOS) by 2gunns: 11:35am On Dec 01, 2018
Rossikki:

WRONG. I knew there would be someone that would come along and claim the ''white man's design from nineteenth century'' was better than what what we have today..

From an ''aesthetic point of view'', the modern Tinubu Square is ONE THOUSAND TIMES BETTER than the colonial design.

Tinubu Square today

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6837038_tinubussquare2_jpeg75eba4e1b4e00d56dbc82552b58e3b7b

To be fair the initial pictures by the OP did not do justice to the square. But if the basis of your disagreement is that the previous design was a colonial design, are you sure the current design wasn't designed by a foreigner? Colonials don't have a monopoly on design, its just geometry my friend!

Anyway, I still maintain that the aesthetic in the first design is better because its clean and functional. A square is suppose to invite people to socialize. The current design is disconnected, segregates the public(see gates), and it is too chaotic. Sometimes less is more!

1 Like 1 Share

Politics / Re: See How Tinubu Square Was Remodeled Over The Years (PHOTOS) by 2gunns: 7:10pm On Nov 30, 2018
From an aesthetic point of view, the older design model is much more pleasing. The concentric circles and wider spaces is more in line with modern design plus its Brazilian architecture-esque. Also, spaces like these should disallow car movement so people can enjoy the space. Similar to times square in NYC or piazzas in Italy which bans cars movement in the area. just my 2 cents.

14 Likes

(1) (of 1 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.