Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,799 members, 7,969,383 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 07:01 AM

2muchlogic's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 2muchlogic's Profile / 2muchlogic's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (of 5 pages)

Computers / Re: How Do Nigerians Afford The N16,000 Per Month Internet Bill. This Is Like $160 by 2muchlogic(m): 11:30am On May 18, 2011
blink182:

Dude, the word dude has no age limit and why do you think you are older than him cos he could you dude. If you feel you are too old to mingle then slam your pc on the floor or stop visiting that cyber cafe

Look at this boy trying to explain the common colloquial term "DUDE"  grin grin grin I'm not an old piece of worn out sh%%t like you, wtf are you talking about age limit? You unemployed gay, sitting in a filthy, cheap web cafe all day.  I surf from my office, home or smartphone - where did you crawl out from? Mind your own business and pi%%s off!
Computers / Re: How Do Nigerians Afford The N16,000 Per Month Internet Bill. This Is Like $160 by 2muchlogic(m): 10:24am On May 18, 2011
darkman200:

Dude! there was no 3G   8 years ago, stop bragging!

Who are you calling Dude like i'm your mate? What a prat! you said 3g did not exist 8 years ago?  http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2003/aug/21/newmedia this is what happens when you are poor and uneducated - fool.
Computers / Re: How Do Nigerians Afford The N16,000 Per Month Internet Bill. This Is Like $160 by 2muchlogic(m): 6:32pm On May 17, 2011
buzugee:

i use talk2talk. its 6 pounds a month. its broadband.  grin

now you're saying:==

buzugee:

BRUV MINE IS FREE. i get it free. free internet. these poor saps in naija are paying N16000 for something most people get free in england. WOW. naija we hail thee

come on! It NOT FREE! Despite all Nigerias hiccups with their broadband its still probably one of the best if not the best in Sub-saharan Africa if we do not include South Africa.  The problem seems to be the same old "lack of strong institutions", where are the telecommunication regulators?
Computers / Re: How Do Nigerians Afford The N16,000 Per Month Internet Bill. This Is Like $160 by 2muchlogic(m): 6:09pm On May 17, 2011
coogar:

the infrastructure is not up to standard yet so the price at this time will be very dear. in the next 3-7 years, the price would come down. there was a time only the elite could afford digital tv(dstv). these days, tenants get it installed for free in some housing estates in lagos.

the overheads the service providers incur is the reason for the high prices. most of these providers generate power from their own diesel when the govt should be providing 24/7 electricity.

Thats a good point, the providers do not have the luxury of basic electricity and other amenities, however is the cost of staff and engineers not cheaper in nigeria? But on the other hand how did the nigerian government invest the license fees?
Computers / Re: How Do Nigerians Afford The N16,000 Per Month Internet Bill. This Is Like $160 by 2muchlogic(m): 5:39pm On May 17, 2011
texazzpete:

Also, it's patently false to say the 'western world' pays the equivalent of N1000 a month. Which carrier in the UK and US will give you broadband HSDPA for $7? Name them.

Some carriers do charge prices that low http://sales.talktalk.co.uk/product/broadband/?portalId=GOO_BRA&WT.mc_id=GOO_BRA

but very few, but since the market is competitive they sell packages instead e.g  Satelite TV + Landline Phone + Broadband + Movies on demand +,  which can add up

texazzpete:

While our internet costs ARE high in Nigeria, you're being unneccesarily alarmist. MTN's 5GB 3G data plan is 8K a month, Glo is 7K for 6GB. You can even get somewhat cheaper tranches for less cash.

Thats pretty sad, I pay N6500 per month for an UNLIMITED data plan, its 3G, and I run it 24/7, 365. It has been down for a mere 3 hours in 8 years - very reliable.
Foreign Affairs / Re: Obama Has Betrayed Africa by 2muchlogic(m): 11:21am On May 17, 2011
To be fair to Barack Obama he made it absolutely clear before he was elected that he had no interest in Africa. [size=13pt]NOT being interested in Africa and African american welfare is a vote winner in the U.S.A.[/size] So simply put he is a good honest American politician who has risen to the top by showing a lack of interest towards so called 'black people" and Africans - thats the rules of the game. smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Foreign Affairs / Re: How Is Nelson Mandela An Africa Hero? by 2muchlogic(m): 11:16am On May 17, 2011
Mandela is a hero because Europeans said he was wink
Foreign Affairs / Re: Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? by 2muchlogic(m): 11:11am On May 17, 2011
It use to be but now its a colony of Europe and Asia wink smiley wink
Programming / Re: Please Read by 2muchlogic(m): 11:31am On May 05, 2011
Fayimora:

Lolzz thats a beter way of saying it. Thanks for that, I find it too easy and boring.

I am a computer scientist thats how I could tell you are not, what are you studying?

Believe me web development is NOT easy, you focused on the former part of my statement not the latter.  You clearly have no “real world” experience, what runs on the backend of a web server? What are web browsers written in? What are web servers written in? Maybe you are confusing web design i.e html, css, xml, with web development. 

I can see where you get your misconceptions from, sometimes the declarative nature of some web development languages like ASP.NET or php with its ever increasing number of libraries may give the illusion that things are simple.  But what about developing custom code whereby one has to develop adhoc libraries for security reasons or a complex code-behind n-tier project? What about when you are dealing with a web farm that requires interoperability?  For example you said you like Java, well have you programmed a website using JSP ands servlets?

Fayimora:

To be honest because of the fact that there is c++,  I just developed a silly hatred for c and c# so I don't use them.

c++ is a superset of c and c# is a superset of Java, so why the silly hatred?  wink

Fayimora:

Up to a certain level I know c++.

oh so you are learning c++   grin grin

Fayimora:

As for Objective-C, have developed 2 iphone apps(not alone though) using Objective-C. I only mentioned the languages I have gone really far with.

nice, you have co-released 2 apps on the IOS platform, what are they called?   wink
Programming / Re: Please Read by 2muchlogic(m): 10:43pm On May 04, 2011
Fayimora:

Lolzz thats a beter way of saying it. Thanks for that, I find it too easy and boring.

I am a computer scientist thats how I could tell you are not, what are you studying?

Believe me web development is NOT easy, you focused on the former part of my statement not the latter.  You clearly have no “real world” experience, what runs on the backend of a web server? What are web browsers written in? What are web servers written in? Maybe you are confusing web design i.e html, css, xml, with web development. 

I can see where you get your misconceptions, sometimes the declarative nature of some web development languages like ASP.NET and php with its ever increasing number of libraries may give the illusion that things are simple.  But what about developing custom code whereby one has to develop adhoc libraries for security reasons or a complex code-behind n-tier project? What about when you are dealing with a web farm that requires interoperability?  For example you said you like Java, well have you programmed a website using JSP?

Fayimora:

To be honest because of the fact that there is c++,  I just developed a silly hatred for c and c# so I don't use them.

c++ is a superset of c and c# is a superset of Java, so why the silly hatred?  wink

Fayimora:

Up to a certain level I know c++.

oh so you are learning c++   grin grin

Fayimora:

As for Objective-C, have developed 2 iphone apps(not alone though) using Objective-C. I only mentioned the languages I have gone really far with.

nice, you have co-released 2 apps on the IOS platform, what are they called?   wink
Programming / Re: Please Read by 2muchlogic(m): 7:53pm On May 04, 2011
Fayimora link=topic=648942.msg8245032#msg8245032:

Little about me:
I am a Computer Scientist based in the UK but I have done a lot of projects. I hate web development/design cause its too easy, No challenge in it.

grin grin grin grin grin Did you mean to say "I find web development easier"? The backend of a web app can be as complex as any desktop/hardware app. Probably more complex since you have to design the application for a large number of users - millions in the corporate world.  When and where did you get your degree from?

If you wanna see some of ma work then I would provide on request.

That would be nice, I know you would love to show us how good you are.

I love Java as a programming language as its very flexible and well object oriented. Perl is ma favourite scripting language.

what about c, c++, C# and objective-c?
Foreign Affairs / Re: Anti-nigerian Bias In The Nfl? by 2muchlogic(m): 5:19pm On May 03, 2011
I was thinking the same thing, But I think its a commercial issue not his ability, sport = money and they need to make sure each part of the world is represented to create a successful GLOBAL franchise.  For example most indians watch cricket so the americans created a reality show in india where they plucked 3 really guys from the blue and turned them into baseball players.  This will draw in millions of indians who want to watch their own people play in the baseball league.  so maybe they thought, we have enough africans we need some chinese guys lol!   grin grin grin grin grin

So while fans get emotional the owners focus on pay-per-view figures, merchandise and the global brand of the franchise.
Programming / Re: Help On Java by 2muchlogic(m): 5:10pm On May 03, 2011
Dolemite:

Any ideas on how I could integrate the first two classes into a gui below?
and Im trying to create a gui:

1. create an instance of each class by initializing them inside the BookingGui constructor

2. create a listener to handle events for each UI element http://download.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/uiswing/events/actionlistener.html
Programming / Re: Help On Java by 2muchlogic(m): 11:26am On May 03, 2011
Dolemite:

thank youuuuuuuuuu, please stay around, this saga is far from over. . .

you are welcome wink
Programming / Re: Help On Java by 2muchlogic(m): 3:58pm On May 02, 2011
Dolemite:

public void removePass(String nameIn) {
   Iterator<Passengers> i = p.iterator();
        while(i.hasNext()) {
            if (i.next().getName().equals(nameIn)) {
                i.remove();
      break;
                System.out.println(nameIn + "has been removed"wink;
            }
        }
    }

Dolemite:

Yes i solved it. . .Now I need to implement a searchPassenger method. . .any ideas?

Well done, I solved it differently by using the passengerID, for example what happens when 2 or more passengers are called Ms Dolemite?  grin You have already done the searchPassenger method becuause you had to search for the passenger before you removed it - hence modifying your solution:

public Passenger searchPassenger(String nameIn) {
Passenger pFound;
   Iterator<Passengers> i = p.iterator();
        while(i.hasNext()) {
            if (i.next().getName().equals(nameIn)) {
                i.remove();
                   System.out.println(nameIn + "has been found"wink;
                pFound = i.next();
                break;

}
        }
       return pFound;
    }

And do not forget to say thank you next time smiley wink cheesy grin grin
NYSC / Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by 2muchlogic(m): 3:19pm On May 02, 2011
yep, it needs to be scrapped asap wink
Foreign Affairs / Re: Royal Snub For The Obamas by 2muchlogic(m): 3:16pm On May 02, 2011
Obama would steal the limelight a poor willie and katie would be overshadowed grin cheesy wink smiley wink cheesy grin
Programming / Re: Help On Java by 2muchlogic(m): 3:14pm On May 02, 2011
Dolemite:

2much what do you suggest I do?

Have you solved it yet? post your attempt here and let me see wink wink wink wink wink
Programming / Re: Be Part Of The Nigeria Youths Technology Tycoons by 2muchlogic(m): 2:24pm On May 02, 2011
Podonasmit:

@2muchlogic,

Just replied to your email. Sorry for late response

thats ok, i just received your response its pretty detailed; I will have a read and get back to you asap grin grin grin grin grin grin
Programming / Re: Be Part Of The Nigeria Youths Technology Tycoons by 2muchlogic(m): 1:32pm On May 02, 2011
Podonasmit:

@ 2muchlogic,

Sorry about that, i will need your email to forward some interesting head up document to you.

I sent my email address to onabajo2002@yahoo.com but you can send it to: toomuchlogic@yahoo.com
Programming / Re: Be Part Of The Nigeria Youths Technology Tycoons by 2muchlogic(m): 1:10pm On May 02, 2011
Podonasmit:

@ 2muchlogic,

Thank you so much. We need people like you. We need your support,  ideas, assistance and suggestion.  Once again, thank you for your support.                                     
Admissions is still on, Don't miss out. Join the Team

I did join about 3 hours ago and I have herd NOTHING from you grin grin grin grin grin grin
Programming / Re: Help On Java by 2muchlogic(m): 12:46pm On May 02, 2011
Dolemite:

2much what do you suggest I do?

The solution: 

The Passenger Object is incomplete, by the look of things each Passenger has 4 variables:  name,fare,weight,luggage.  None of these attributes are unique.

In the REAL WORLD each passenger is UNIQUE and the details will be stored in a database; hence each passenger will be identified by an exclusive passenger NUMBER.  So your class would be something like:

public class Passenger {
int passengerID;
int seats;
String name;
int luggage;

public Passenger(int seats, String name, int luggage, int passengerID) {
this.passengerID = passengerID;
this.seats = seats;
this.name = name;
this.luggage = luggage;
}
}

Now you can create Passengers with Unique Ids and this is equivalent to imitating a database.  An sql query would be something like:

DELETE FROM passengers
WHERE passengerID = some_passengerID;

so in code we could write:

public void removePassenger(int pId) {

//Iterate through the arrayList and check for the ID

//Once you find the Passenger with the correct ID use the remove(Object) method of the ArrayList
}

********** This problem could be solved easier by using a HashMap  instead of an ArrayList *********
Programming / Re: Help On Java by 2muchlogic(m): 11:50am On May 02, 2011
csharpjava:

DolemiteTry this method:

public void RemovePassenger(ArrayList<Passengers> pass){
        int index = pass.indexOf(name);
        if (index != -1)
        {
        pass.remove(name);
        }
        else
        {
        System.out.println("passanger not in list"wink;
        }

return;
    }     

Its my turn to have some sweet kisses too grin

The code is incorrect, you are passing an ArrayList of Passenger objects when you should have sent the Passenger object, then you are checking for the "name" (which is a Passenger Object Attribute - String Object) from a data structure that contains Passenger Objects 
Programming / Re: Be Part Of The Nigeria Youths Technology Tycoons by 2muchlogic(m): 11:08am On May 02, 2011
good initiative, you have my support
Foreign Affairs / Re: Can We Rebrand The Image Of Africa? by 2muchlogic(m): 11:13pm On Apr 13, 2011
NGVOICE:

@2muchlogic
I agree with you, it is realistic fact, BBC,CNN,MTV,  are surviving cos we speak their language, if we change the hand of our clock it will be a survival series,We think we have nothing,

Exactly! We spend so much energy feeling sorry for ourselves and complianing we forget that we actually can do something about it! But i believe where most Afgricans get it wrong is undersetimating the task at hand and bad planning.  For example if we adopt our languages, there is around 240 in nigeria alone how will we commnicate? The oyinbos have solved that problem for us by making us speak there language; but language and culture go hand in hand as a result we are at their mercy  smiley wink cheesy grin  It wil not be an easy task but its achievable.

Why do we feel we need to solve our problems like everyone else? we need to be original and African when we approach these things - there is so much misundersatnding and confusion and yet we are all brothers and sisters.  Instead of fighting the system we have to build a brand new one.

NGVOICE:

They give us all we think we need money abi!! But we need to change of our orientation that all we need to keep the world market more competitive. The west know they can not survive the conquest in propaganda succeeded in disorientating us, to keep they lead. The clock is rotating, Assia to Africa we need to get ready or else they will still use us in our time. we are 3rd world,two third world, whatever they like let them call it, it our time to take a lead, youth get the African mindset to key in on the sand of time.

ride on my brother! grin cheesy wink smiley grin grin grin
Foreign Affairs / Re: Can We Rebrand The Image Of Africa? by 2muchlogic(m): 10:29pm On Apr 13, 2011
NGVOICE:

Pls ignore the e-mail from yahoo the one from gmaill is more comprehensive.

thanks

Kedu kà ímèrè? Have you received my message? i sent it to your gmail box.
Foreign Affairs / Re: Can We Rebrand The Image Of Africa? by 2muchlogic(m): 10:27pm On Apr 13, 2011
Bawss1:

@OP Please the quote in bold above also should be explained.

#  Re-orientate our eurocentric education towards an African centered education

Kedu kà ímèrè?     grin grin grin       Ekaabo!      grin grin grin grin      Salam a lekun!     grin grin grin grin grin

oh about he education, I answered that before:

Let me give a practical example, in Nigeria and the rest of Africa you are only considered intelligent if you can speak a European language. So that means African children are born disadvantaged by choice!!!! The parents have to force the child to speak a european language before he can go to school!!! Thats insanity and we have all been through it otherwise we would not be here chatting now. 

Conversely, a european child simply has to be the correct age then goes to school and gets taught;  he/she will not have to learn a new language to attend school, hence they are ahead of African choldren already at birth.  No wonder the world is the way it is.  Furthermore, most Africans memorise books written by europeans and cram to pass exams, get handed an A4 sheet of paper and start acting like they can walk on air – they have achieved nothing!!!!

So, if we can take our eurocentic knowledge and use it to enhance and develop education in our language – the child will be on the same level as a european child.  They will not need to learn a european language.  But lets be realistic, what future dose that child have in the workplace today? That is where we come in, tomorrow we need to develop markets and businesses based on african culture; the jobs we create will create more jobs through the multiplier effect.

Foreign Affairs / Re: Can We Rebrand The Image Of Africa? by 2muchlogic(m): 10:23pm On Apr 13, 2011
Kedu kà ímèrè?     grin grin grin       Ekaabo!      grin grin grin grin      Salam a lekun!     grin grin grin grin grin

cap28:

2 muchlogic one thing i'd just like to point out is that in order to really get a people motivated you have to change the way they think,

I do not think that is a realistic task, I would love to change the way people think but I believe that we should let the lost ones – stay lost!  Why waste energy trying to change people when we can be more productive?

cap28:

the current crop of african kids coming up have all been brainwashed by western values, if we are looking at developing the nation we have to start with changing the mindset of these youths - china had a cultural revolution and i beleive this is what gave the  current generation of chinese people the confidence to become what they are today, shouldnt there be more of an emphasis on educating the upcoming young minds and weaning them off this western cultural value system

I agree! But we have the benefit of witnessing history to see where so many went wrong.  Can we compete with CNN, BBC, MTV, FOX no!!!!!!!! they have billions at their disposal. We have to leave them to have fun with keeping the masses dumb but they cannot compete with us if we operate in an African context.

Let me give a practical example, in Nigeria and the rest of Africa you are only considered intelligent if you can speak a European language. So that means African children are born disadvantaged by choice!!!! The parents have to force the child to speak a european language before he can go to school!!! Thats insanity and we have all been through it otherwise we would not be here chatting now. 

Conversely, a european child simply has to be the correct age then goes to school and gets taught;  he/she will not have to learn a new language to attend school, hence they are ahead of African choldren already at birth.  No wonder the world is the way it is.  Furthermore, most Africans memorise books written by europeans and cram to pass exams, get handed an A4 sheet of paper and start acting like they can walk on air – they have achieved nothing!!!!

So, if we can take our eurocentic knowledge and use it to enhance and develop education in our language – the child will be on the same level as a european child.  They will not need to learn a european language.  But lets be realistic, what future dose that child have in the workplace today? That is where we come in, tomorrow we need to develop markets and businesses based on african culture; the jobs we create will create more jobs through the multiplier effect.
Foreign Affairs / Re: African People's Congress: lets jointly build a better Africa for all by 2muchlogic(m): 10:21pm On Apr 13, 2011
NGVOICE:

Am happy @ the same time sad, We are not learning from this white skinned people, The promise Ivorians $400 million a new bet to send them into 2nd round or 3rd round of poverty, after sucesseded in protecting their over 70% investment to increase it to 100% Ivorian will be poor forever. French do not love you more than your brothers do, let tell them to hell with their bet and reconcile to move our continet forward. If we kill ourself what benefit,please let the two waring faction come together and form a unity Goverment void of white skined rules.

Kedu kà ímèrè? grin wink smiley I see what you mean, we need to solve these problems ourselves and we can! But before there is conflict
Foreign Affairs / Re: Can We Rebrand The Image Of Africa? by 2muchlogic(m): 11:31am On Apr 13, 2011
[size=13pt]Africa needs more tech incubators but more importantly…more technically sound entrepreneurs[/size]

Late last month, Google launched a pilot startup incubator in Cape Town, South Africa called Umbono. Umbono (which is the Zulu word for “vision” or “idea”) aims to help African entrepreneurs transform their startup ideas into businesses by providing ,  http://thenextweb.com/africa/2011/04/12/africa-needs-more-tech-incubators-but-more-importantly-more-technically-sound-entrepreneurs/

[size=15pt]You guys need to wake up!!!![/size] Even the Google executives can see that most black people lack belief, courage and originality! Do you want to be internet warriors complaining about the condition of Africa and black people everyday or do something about it?  angry angry angry  We can brainstorm, create businesses and use the wealth to tackle social problems - me and cdoffx have already started to discuss projects and exchanged details, this is the time to join hands and make that change - all you guys that were going to join send your details! Do you think that its impossible to be successful by utilising african culture?  grin grin grin grin grin Stop the mental slavery and start doing something about it! If you guys have half of the skills and knowledge you claim to have why will you not join us to do this?   grin 

You do not have to have a degree, so do not be intimidated  cheesy wink smiley If you have vocational skills such as plumbing, carpentry, welding and so on that is still useful!  Its a matter of pooling our skills together to solve problems - in an original, African way.  How can we neglect all of the richness that we posses? All modern theories are just an imitation of nature; for example a drone imitates a fly, a computer tries to imitate the brain, A pump imitates the heart, water cooling systems were developed by studying how we sweat, A satelite was developed by immitating the moon … I can go on all day!
Foreign Affairs / Re: Can We Rebrand The Image Of Africa? by 2muchlogic(m): 12:39am On Apr 13, 2011
pleep:

To get anything done we need Money and power, lots of it. All it would take would be for a real patriot to get into a high office( like govorner of a sate) and overhaul the entire system. He could issue new texbooks and create a more socialistic form of government in his state. But for bribes and an election money talks.
We all want to make a difference in africa, i think getting as rich as possible, then zeroing in on nigeria's problems is the most viable way.

Thats right we need social entrepreneurs who can come u with innovative, African-centered solutions to solve Africa's social problems, money talks and Baboons walk grin cheesy wink smiley
Foreign Affairs / Re: Can We Rebrand The Image Of Africa? by 2muchlogic(m): 11:17pm On Apr 12, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

To actually rebrand the image of Africa would be to change the way history is taught. You can't change the image of Africa to a more positive one when people are constantly still portraying pre-colonial Africa as the "Heart of Darkness" and as a place which had no civilzations south of the Sahara Desert. It's an uphill battle against 300 years of distortion.

I appreciate your comments because constructive criticism will help us to plan things better, but with all due respect it shows you have not read my post properly.  That is why i said this is NEW! We cannot be concerned with what others think in the short and meduim term, what matters is the truth.  for example, when I was a child China was portrayed as a hopeless third world country; in those days most goods were manufactured in Europe, but during that time the Chinese were developing!!!!! Now look at where they are;  this is not about dreaming, its about putting our heads down and completing, small manageable projects with discipline.

Secondly, I have no intentions of trying to RE-WRITE history! - what gave you that idea? we just have to accept the past and move forward, forget past glories we need to focus on the NOW. Its about building on our individual cultures, we can't throw them in the bin? The distortion has been for more than 500 years not 380 like you said so i am very, very aware of the task ahead - it has not been under-estimated.  wink smiley wink smiley

PhysicsMHD:

Good luck with your organization, but you oryour organization would need to put out a major work and do years of research to highlight the different cultures and achievements of African societies and synthesize them all in one impactful book.

Thanks for the encouragement and that also a good idea, that synergy is the key you are right only then can we move forward.

PhysicsMHD:

Most of the information that shows that pre-colonial Africa was not the uncreative wasteland and uncultivated jungle it was made out to be is in too many disparate sources and I haven't seen any real good book that goes into detail about all of them. Anyway, like I said, good luck.

True, its a real problem but we have to be realistic and accept that the west shape ideas and minds through the media there nothing we can do in the short run, but as the saying goes "you can't keep a good man down" wink wink wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (of 5 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.