Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,787 members, 7,889,562 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 03:18 PM

Will Schevchenko finally become the world player of the year if AC Milan wins? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Will Schevchenko finally become the world player of the year if AC Milan wins? (1707 Views)

Former Italy And Ac Milan Legend Maldini Dies At 84. / FIFA's World Player Of The Year Shortlist / Lionel Messi Named World Player Of The Year Yet Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Schevchenko finally become the world player of the year if AC Milan wins? by chawkee(m): 2:23pm On May 25, 2005
It's cool because I'm riding high today. Why? AC Milan will become european champions again. I know Schevchenko did not find it funny at all when Ronaldino was crowned the world player of the year. Will today's match be Schvchenko's decider for next year's world player?
Re: Will Schevchenko finally become the world player of the year if AC Milan wins? by Allenpowered(m): 3:19pm On May 25, 2005
Well, in a way it may garner him some few points, that is if he plays like a maniac...i doubt if he'll be the world footballer of the year though!
Re: Will Schevchenko finally become the world player of the year if AC Milan wins? by Allenpowered(m): 12:49am On May 26, 2005
We can see that Shevi did not even win the UEFA champion's league...he even lost a penalty to the bargain!

So sorry tongue
Re: Will Schevchenko finally become the world player of the year if AC Milan wins? by chawkee(m): 2:20pm On May 26, 2005
Aawww! I don't know what to say - how to start the defence. After all, they say football is not predictable these days. Who would have said the match will take a different turn after the second half? I admit, I was caught napping.

There's no way you can take it away from Rafael Benitez, he was the match winner.

LESSON NO. 1
Our Super Eagles need a match winner like somebody with Benitez's attitude.

He re-arranged the team after the first half and he has earned my respect. Maybe Carlos Ancelotti chewed gum more than necessary. He was caught in the euphoria that the match was already won when the unbeleivable was yet to happen.

LESSON NO. 2
Super Eagles need a serious minded coach who will be able to see the loop holes in the opponents' and capitalise. Era of caricatures (chief) is passed, time to get serious.

LESSON NO. 3
The Super Eagles should be worked on psychologically so that they imbibe it into the team spirit that a game is never over until the final whistle is blown.

I admit it was a super final with a superlative performance by Liverpool. I salute the courage and attitude they displayed. Wonderful, I throway apologies for not predicting right.

Hi all. Charl.
Re: Will Schevchenko finally become the world player of the year if AC Milan wins? by Allenpowered(m): 10:14am On May 27, 2005
mr. chawkee i accept ur apologies ...though i nearly had heart attack during he first half, i had already [i]"made mouth"[/i]for lot of people
Re: Will Schevchenko finally become the world player of the year if AC Milan wins? by bootysue(f): 2:20pm On Jun 02, 2005
pity ac milan could loose out to liverpool (not dissing liverpool though) .

schevchenko could have lost the deciding penalty against liverpool but he was purely at his best.

dont think he can win it again this yr anyway, ronaldiho most likely.
Re: Will Schevchenko finally become the world player of the year if AC Milan wins? by chawkee(m): 1:39pm On Jun 04, 2005
Hey, Bootysue, you never can tell, Ronaldinho might not live up, next season. So it is with South American footballers of the year. Of course, it happened to Romario, Maradona, ...... So, who knows?
Schevchenko to me was not at his best on the day the final was played, because, the Shevchenko I know will not loose some clear cut chances that came his way that day.
So, charl and let us see what will happen next season.
Re: Will Schevchenko finally become the world player of the year if AC Milan wins? by jogego(m): 2:16pm On Jun 04, 2005
chawkee:

Hey, Bootysue, you never can tell, Ronaldinho might not live up, next season. So it is with South American footballers of the year. Of course, it happened to Romario, Maradona, ...... So, who knows?
Schevchenko to me was not at his best on the day the final was played, because, the Shevchenko I know will not loose some clear cut chances that came his way that day.
So, charl and let us see what will happen next season.

Shev didnt do anything wrong.Doubt if any other striker would have done it differently Jerzy Dudek was just in sublime form.Who woulda thot that the extra time chance would have not resulted in a goal? Any other keeper in the world would probably not have pulled off such a double save. Lets not take anything away from Jerzy Dudek. On the day, apart from Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher, he has to be the best man on the pitch despite conceeding three goals he pulled off that tremendous double save and also saved some penalties.
Re: Will Schevchenko finally become the world player of the year if AC Milan wins? by chawkee(m): 2:32pm On Jun 06, 2005
Jogego, cool seeing reasons with me that Schevi is still there and has all it takes to dethrone Ronaldinho as the world footballer of the year, come next season.
Agree with you that Dudek was fantastic on that day, he virtually saved Liverpool. As as a point of contact, I will also like to salute Vincent Enyeama who saved the Eagles neck.
If not for him, hmmm, I wonder what would have finally happened to Eagles world cup story. cry
It's all good, Eagles are still hanging on.
Digressing alittle from the topic, I still feel that coach Christian Chukwu is not capable. Germany 2006 won't be any child's play. Seun, I need you to contact NFF (NFA) at the glass house at Abuja and forward this appeal to the Sec. Gen.
Charl.
Re: Will Schevchenko finally become the world player of the year if AC Milan wins? by Seun(m): 8:25pm On Jun 06, 2005
Do you think NFA will listen to me? The Nigerian system is something else o.
Re: Will Schevchenko finally become the world player of the year if AC Milan wins? by chawkee(m): 5:15pm On Jun 07, 2005
Seun, of course NFA can listen to you. Once they understand the kind of forum you are taking charge of here. We your 'followers' are ready to give you the back-up and support needed. The truth has to be brought out to the open for all to appreciate. I urge you forward, you can do it and become important adviser to the NFA. Go Seun Go. rolleyes

The network system was bad today that is why I replied late. I promise to expantiate better tomorrow (by God's grace)
Re: Will Schevchenko finally become the world player of the year if AC Milan wins? by Seun(m): 5:28pm On Jun 07, 2005
The network system was bad today that is why I replied late. I promise to expantiate better tomorrow (by God's grace)

Please do. I am eager to learn how a small boy like me who is allergic to elitism and 'bigmanism' can get a foot into the NFA when even 'bigger' men don't always find it easy.
Re: Will Schevchenko finally become the world player of the year if AC Milan wins? by chawkee(m): 10:44am On Jun 08, 2005
seun:

The network system was bad today that is why I replied late.  I promise to expantiate better tomorrow (by God's grace)

Please do.  I am eager to learn how a small boy like me who is allergic to elitism and 'bigmanism' can get a foot into the NFA when even 'bigger' men don't always find it easy.

Hi Seun, it is very easy, don't you know that the bad eggs are being flushed out from the system? very soon , there will be enough room for the intelligent ones that have good stuffs to offer to come in.
Moreover, allergies can always be removed from the body system, or how do you explain a situation where a lady feels she is allergic to people that snore, then she gets married to a man that snores, definitely that allergy will disappear, it is only a thing of the mind. Those 'bigger' men did not become that over night, it was achieved over a period of time.
Elitism or Bigmanism only shows and make one arrogant if you allow it get a hold of you.
Charl. grin
Re: Will Schevchenko finally become the world player of the year if AC Milan wins? by chawkee(m): 10:53am On Jun 08, 2005
Seun, it seems you are a psychologist, I wonder how you are making me digress instead of to butress more on the the main point that Schevi is good enough to dethrone Ronaldinho come next year.
I still hear fans argue it that Ronaldinho will retain his ctown. undecided
Charl.
Re: Will Schevchenko finally become the world player of the year if AC Milan wins? by chawkee(m): 2:30pm On Jun 14, 2005
I taught a new Ronaldinho will emerge the day the flying eagles played Brazil at the on going junior world cup,but, alas it wasn't to be. Instead, I saw an Okoronkwo who looked good enough to even dethrone Schevi.

Well, Ronaldinho and Brazil, still a long way to retaining the footballer of the year award.

Charl.
Re: Will Schevchenko finally become the world player of the year if AC Milan wins? by chawkee(m): 2:32pm On Jun 14, 2005
shocked shocked shocked or don't you agree with me? tongue tongue
Charl.
Re: Will Schevchenko finally become the world player of the year if AC Milan wins? by chawkee(m): 9:42am On Jun 20, 2005
It was so great to know that afterall, Ronaldino, Robinho, Andriano and co are not magicians, neither are they invincible. smiley They can be beaten tongue. And, they can't always be the best footballers in the world grin cheesy

Kudos Mexico for that wonderful performance. wink

Charl.
Re: Will Schevchenko finally become the world player of the year if AC Milan wins? by chawkee(m): 3:46pm On Jun 22, 2005
Hhhmmm! Does it mean that the Eagles do not want to play the likes of Schevi at the next world cup? When will a Niger player get to the height of competing for the world player. With the array of 'stars' we have.

So weak to talk football. Sorry for 'Super' eagles.

Charl.
Re: Will Schevchenko finally become the world player of the year if AC Milan wins? by sage(m): 4:15pm On Jun 23, 2005
Shevi 4 world player of the year. He is simply the best
Re: Will Schevchenko finally become the world player of the year if AC Milan wins? by chawkee(m): 10:11am On Jun 24, 2005
sage:

Shevi 4 world player of the year. He is simply the best

Sage, you sabi wetin dey on board. Correct man.
OOoohhhhh, somebody like chairman Chukwu dey make me vex any time wey I remember the last match eagles wombled and fumbled. Hhhmmmm!

Charl.
Re: Will Schevchenko finally become the world player of the year if AC Milan wins? by chawkee(m): 10:17am On Jun 24, 2005
Nna na wao! Can you imagine Chelsea offering AC Milan 57 million pounds for Shevchenko? ........ And they refused.
Men, how expensive the services of a human being be.

Charl.
Re: Will Schevchenko finally become the world player of the year if AC Milan wins? by chawkee(m): 3:13pm On Aug 01, 2005
Yeah, it's now stale story that AC Milan lost the champions league final last season. A new season is about to start, AC Milan still feels they should have won the finals, Shevi is there, hoping to do well. We are waiting, to see if the predictions will come true.

Charl.
Re: Will Schevchenko finally become the world player of the year if AC Milan wins? by chawkee(m): 10:00am On Aug 09, 2005
It is so interesting, have you heard the latest on Ac Milan and Schevchenko? It's the BOMB. I am presently compiling a news buster, look out for it.
I am going to mix it up with some other top foot ball news, so wATch OuT.
Re: Will Schevchenko finally become the world player of the year if AC Milan wins? by chawkee(m): 2:28am On Nov 26, 2007
Hi fellas, you know, life can never be predicted. When I posted this topic, Shevchenko was the talk in the football world. He was finally made the world footballer of the year. He moved over to the 'blues', now, he is just like a shadow there.
What do you think will happen to: Mikel, Taiwo, Yobo, Osaze, Utaka, Kanu, Martins etc, before 2010 Let's take a cue from Shevchenko and even Okocha so that we can win the world cup. cool.
Re: Will Schevchenko finally become the world player of the year if AC Milan wins? by DisGuy: 6:03am On Nov 26, 2007
boy where did you dig this post from lol, schev who?
Re: Will Schevchenko finally become the world player of the year if AC Milan wins? by chawkee(m): 7:53am On Nov 27, 2007
This boy, this mail came from the archives, it is a follow up on our preparation for the 2010 world cup. If Shevchenko can fall by the way side like that, what do you think will happen to our supposedly 'stars' in the super eagles.
Re: Will Schevchenko finally become the world player of the year if AC Milan wins? by DisGuy: 4:56pm On Nov 27, 2007
we wil discover new ones, we have very hungry players in the country, with a very brave coach who isnt getting instructions from the top and shouting cash cash cash like siasia/eguavon all the time we can always discover new players wink
Re: Will Schevchenko finally become the world player of the year if AC Milan wins? by chawkee(m): 6:38pm On Nov 29, 2007
The character of teams that win world cups is that they must have played together as a team for quite a time. If we discover new ones after the nations cup in 2008, how long will they play together as a team? The coach is still new, Eguavoen and Siasia knows how it works in Nigeria. Give Volts some time and you will see him start making noise. Believe me Dis Guy.
By the way, Are you in Niger? 
Re: Will Schevchenko finally become the world player of the year if AC Milan wins? by chawkee(m): 8:50pm On May 03, 2008
You see, I thought Mr Volts will win something at the nation's cup, which would have made him to make lots of noise, but unfortunately he couldn't. Amodu is back and the race for 2010 is starting soonest, how's it going to be?  shocked shocked
Hmmm, my man Schevchenko will do again soon. Of course, he will win the champions league with Chelsea. That is another feather to his cap, he deserves some accolades, don't you think so? Up Blues. [/color] [color=#000099]
Re: Will Schevchenko finally become the world player of the year if AC Milan wins? by MrTurkey(m): 9:55pm On May 04, 2008
shocked whaaaaat
Re: Will Schevchenko finally become the world player of the year if AC Milan wins? by chawkee(m): 2:56pm On May 21, 2008
Mr Turkey, I hope not the kind of Turkey I just ate, how do you mean by wwhhaattt?
Re: Will Schevchenko finally become the world player of the year if AC Milan wins? by tkb417(m): 5:46pm On May 22, 2008
hey Poster
unfortunately Shevy didnt win this time around. He is in the same team with the number 1 ill luck in football.
Ballack. whoever is in his team in any final will not win.
tell Shevy to run back to AC if he ever wanna win something again.

The reason why Chelsea won the last FA was cos Ballack was injured.
better luck nest time

(1) (2) (Reply)

Emmanuel Emenike And Victor Moses - Cleared For The Sunday Afcon Finals.. Hurray / Westbrom Sign Brown Ideye For £10m (club Record Fee) / Nigeria Will Not Qualify For 2015 Afcon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.