Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,483 members, 7,978,582 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 10:46 AM

Fear Of Spiders, A Stolen Ring And An Inauspicious Stranger. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Fear Of Spiders, A Stolen Ring And An Inauspicious Stranger. (450 Views)

Morning Vibes With Dr. Jerry - The First - Episode 148/overcome The Fear Of Succ / ...STRANGER THINGS.... / Fear (Mystery) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fear Of Spiders, A Stolen Ring And An Inauspicious Stranger. by Nobody: 8:03am On Mar 20, 2016
As kids what we squealed at were not masquerades, they were not young adults who wore dirty Christmas costumes, we didn’t even know old witches had some things to do with cats and old tires never appeared to us as ‘objects of engagement’. We had restful nights, clung to teddies, and wore slippers that matched our pajamas. We were rich, we belonged to the building elite class, the individuals that gave addresses on TV were our friends. The governor’s daughter and I once attended the same primary school; the setting then was to wait till you became old enough so your parents fly you abroad to complete school, Harvard, Prescott and Reading were the big names then. I was young and all these never appeared as privileges to me, at least flying abroad was what everyone around me was doing.

I had visited the emir of zazu. This was 1964 and Nigeria was still waking from its long sleep of colonization. White folks felt they could tag around and from places they hide, check if any a good in the country remained. Everybody was hungry, Wise, and full of a consciousness to grab every opportunity.

The citizens of this country were crazy they’d been abroad a number of years and they were back to make their country independent. Their agitation had finally broken a resounding concurrence and they were free to carry out the only plans they had in mind “Stealing”. In 1964, there were few courts, few enough for white collard thieves to make away with the nations common wealth.

I was young and I didn’t care much I only wondered why hundreds of women flunked to our house in the village to thank my father for a borehole project, which was not yet implemented, it was this same borehole that ran uncontrollably in our house

He only had a masters from Prescott, in ‘69 the choice was clear every university under graduate held a particular place where they were going to work immediately after graduation

And then suddenly the country noticed it had oil , it noticed its citizens did not all have the same ancestry, it noticed that although the oil was a common wealth it could not be found in all parts of the country, it noticed its population was divided , some wanted an official declaration of sovereignty , while others kept quiet and from time to time, eared their views of a unity that secures progress.

It was within this period I lost contacts with the governor’s daughter, we had to leave the ................don't hesitate. Click the link to read completely.
https://bcsquareblog./2016/03/19/fear-of-spiders-a-stolen-ring-and-an-inauspicious-stranger/

(1) (Reply)

Camera On Roll, Action, Cut – A Short Poem / We Are Promoting Reading Through RAN —SYNW President / Short Story|| Striker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.