Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,196 members, 7,887,488 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:34 AM

Clear Error In The Bible: Was Jesus Having Attention Deficit Disorder? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Clear Error In The Bible: Was Jesus Having Attention Deficit Disorder? (1205 Views)

When Was Jesus Truly Born? / Atheists With Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) . They Are Here On Nairaland / Johan Huibers Builds Noah's Ark Replica To Prove The Bible Was Right (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Clear Error In The Bible: Was Jesus Having Attention Deficit Disorder? by truthman2013: 4:56pm On Mar 20, 2016

“Farewell Discourse,”

The last address that Jesus delivers to his disciples, at his last meal with them, which takes up all of chapters 13 to 17 in the Gospel according to John. In John 13:36, Peter says to Jesus, “Lord, where are you going?” A few verses later Thomas says, “Lord, we do not know where you are going” (John 14:5). And then, a few minutes later, at the same meal, Jesus upbraids his disciples, saying, “Now I am going to the one who sent me, yet none of you asks me, ‘Where are you going?’ ” (John 16:5).

He was asked where he was going in chapter 13 and 14 only for him to come in chapter 16 to alleged that none of them asked hhim where he was going..daffuqq??

It is Either Jesus had a very short attention span or there is something strange going on with the sources for these chapters, creating an odd kind of disconnect. Which

Cc: truthman2012, parisbookaddict, malvisdumb medics gimakon annunaki scholar

truthman..

2 Likes

Re: Clear Error In The Bible: Was Jesus Having Attention Deficit Disorder? by umehmj(m): 5:04pm On Mar 20, 2016
nawao
Re: Clear Error In The Bible: Was Jesus Having Attention Deficit Disorder? by truthman2013: 5:06pm On Mar 20, 2016
umehmj:
nawao
grin grin Is that all you've got to say?
Re: Clear Error In The Bible: Was Jesus Having Attention Deficit Disorder? by umehmj(m): 5:16pm On Mar 20, 2016
truthman2013:

grin grin Is that all you've got to say?

bros the matter eh! i no know as i wan begin reason am. But bros J no try

maybe he was listening to Frank Edwards through his earphones, so he no hear. grin
Re: Clear Error In The Bible: Was Jesus Having Attention Deficit Disorder? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Mar 20, 2016
Following
Re: Clear Error In The Bible: Was Jesus Having Attention Deficit Disorder? by truthman2013: 5:27pm On Mar 20, 2016
umehmj:

bros the matter eh! i no know as i wan begin reason am. But bros J no try

maybe he was listening to Frank Edwards through his earphones, so he no hear. grin

Hehe grin
Re: Clear Error In The Bible: Was Jesus Having Attention Deficit Disorder? by truthman2013: 5:29pm On Mar 20, 2016
I see you Medics, still expecting your copy and paste wink
Re: Clear Error In The Bible: Was Jesus Having Attention Deficit Disorder? by Kyllahmc(m): 5:34pm On Mar 20, 2016
Lmaooo religion is the biggest scam in history! I refuse to be deceived
Re: Clear Error In The Bible: Was Jesus Having Attention Deficit Disorder? by Oyiboman69: 5:43pm On Mar 20, 2016
Op,you need rehab....
Re: Clear Error In The Bible: Was Jesus Having Attention Deficit Disorder? by truthman2013: 5:47pm On Mar 20, 2016
Oyiboman69:
Op,you need rehab....
lol..Why?
Re: Clear Error In The Bible: Was Jesus Having Attention Deficit Disorder? by carinmom(f): 5:56pm On Mar 20, 2016
Op, they will come with their useless taqiyya trying to defend the indefensible.
Re: Clear Error In The Bible: Was Jesus Having Attention Deficit Disorder? by Empiree: 6:06pm On Mar 20, 2016
truthman2013:
[color=green]

[/u] [/b] And then, a few minutes later, at the same meal, Jesus upbraids his disciples, saying, “Now I am going to the one who sent me, yet none of you asks me, ‘Where are you going?’ ” (John 16:5).

He was asked where he was going in chapter 13 and 14 only for him to come in chapter 16 to alleged that none of them asked hhim where he was going..daffuqq??
Dementia problems.......oOops! lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Clear Error In The Bible: Was Jesus Having Attention Deficit Disorder? by dolphinheart(m): 6:38pm On Mar 20, 2016
truthman2013:

“Farewell Discourse,”

The last address that Jesus delivers to his disciples, at his last meal with them, which takes up all of chapters 13 to 17 in the Gospel according to John. In John 13:36, Peter says to Jesus, “Lord, where are you going?” A few verses later Thomas says, “Lord, we do not know where you are going” (John 14:5). And then, a few minutes later, at the same meal, Jesus upbraids his disciples, saying, “Now I am going to the one who sent me, yet none of you asks me, ‘Where are you going?’ ” (John 16:5).

It is Either Jesus had a very short attention span or there is something strange going on with the sources for these chapters, creating an odd kind of disconnect. Which

truthman..

op, it is quite evident that on the previous two occasions when the disciples asked jesus about where he was going, it was because of what jesus said.
its is also evident that on those two previous occasions , Jesus answered them. so jesus knew that they asked him the question two times.

This was the reason why on the third occasion he reminded them that they had not asked him "where are you going".
He now told them the reason why this time they had not asked him, this we can find in verse 6.

what he told them from verse 1 to 4 is enough to make his most trsuted disciples go into shock, hence his reason for not telling them earlier, and also because he was not leaving yet, now that he had now told them, they where too grieved to ask "where are you going".

so in pidgin jesus was saying " una no fit ask me where I dey go now because una don hear word we don make una fear fear!

Furthermore one should note that it's not easy to translate the entire meaning of a discussion from one language to another.

taking snippets from different verses is bad enough, using it to find fault tells who the person who does so really is!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Clear Error In The Bible: Was Jesus Having Attention Deficit Disorder? by Lex11(m): 8:36pm On Mar 20, 2016
"truthman2013"... is it necessary, or wise - for any reason -to insult The Lord Jesus Christ, revered Deity, the Almighty? (Rev 1:7-8, etc)...

Did it occur to you that some books of the Bible, and some chapters in those books do not necessarily appear therein in chronological order? Did it occur to you that The Lord Jesus could have asked his apostles "But now I go my way to him that sent me; and none of you asketh me, Whither goest thou?" before "Simon Peter said unto him, Lord, whither goest thou?"

Genesis is the first book of the 66 books of the Holy Bible ... in chronological order the book of Job should be second, yet Exodus appears! The same holds true for some chapters in some books, yet the message(s) are still contained. The prophecies and content are infallible.

We should all be very careful how we refer to GOD. He is merciful!
------------------
"As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the Lord is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him." - Psalm 18:30

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." - John 1:1

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clear Error In The Bible: Was Jesus Having Attention Deficit Disorder? by Eddlad: 10:05pm On Mar 20, 2016
truthman2013:

“Farewell Discourse,”

truthman..
Re: Clear Error In The Bible: Was Jesus Having Attention Deficit Disorder? by Eddlad: 10:05pm On Mar 20, 2016
truthman2013:

“Farewell Discourse,”

truthman..

Ok, I see two scenarios here,

1. The writers were so bad that in their attempt to write what would seemingly be the world's greatest manual they forgot to edit out such an error, one that anyone in their sense would forsee could raise eyebrows about whether such a book could be from an infabble God.

2. God imparted it through his spirit and it was penned down exactly as received.

At this juncture a good question would be, why then such. If you read the new testament, two observations can be made, that Jesus knew people's thoughts and the disciples didn't fully grasp his being and purpose on earth ( they adviced and acted against him dying to save the world, to the best of their knowledge). What you quoted as error proves that Jesus knew that they were not referring to his father in heaven or his mission on earth but about an earthly embarkment of sorts.

Your attempt to ridicule is not only futile but more importantly, pointless.
Re: Clear Error In The Bible: Was Jesus Having Attention Deficit Disorder? by truthman2013: 5:12am On Mar 23, 2016
dolphinheart:

op, it is quite evident that on the previous two occasions when the disciples asked jesus about where he was going, it was because of what jesus said.
its is also evident that on those two previous occasions , Jesus answered them. so jesus knew that they asked him the question two times.

This was the reason why on the third occasion he reminded them that they had not asked him "where are you going".
He now told them the reason why this time they had not asked him, this we can find in verse 6.

what he told them from verse 1 to 4 is enough to make his most trsuted disciples go into shock, hence his reason for not telling them earlier, and also because he was not leaving yet, now that he had now told them, they where too grieved to ask "where are you going".

so in pidgin jesus was saying " una no fit ask me where I dey go now because una don hear word we don make una fear fear!

Furthermore one should note that it's not easy to translate the entire meaning of a discussion from one language to another.

taking snippets from different verses is bad enough, using it to find fault tells who the person who does so really is!

Hahaha grin you just won it..

1 Like

Re: Clear Error In The Bible: Was Jesus Having Attention Deficit Disorder? by dolphinheart(m): 4:56pm On Mar 23, 2016
truthman2013:

Hahaha grin you just won it..
when someone has nothing to say, na to dey post pictures remain

1 Like

Re: Clear Error In The Bible: Was Jesus Having Attention Deficit Disorder? by malvisguy212: 10:18pm On Mar 23, 2016
dolphinheart:

when someone has nothing to say, na to dey post pictures remain
lol. He copy and paste something he did not understand, when he was given the right answer, his only defense was to call you a liar.
Re: Clear Error In The Bible: Was Jesus Having Attention Deficit Disorder? by malvisguy212: 10:54pm On Mar 23, 2016
truthman2013:

“Farewell Discourse,”

truthman..
Re: Clear Error In The Bible: Was Jesus Having Attention Deficit Disorder? by malvisguy212: 10:55pm On Mar 23, 2016
truthman2013:

“Farewell Discourse,”

truthman..
in john 13, the context was about peter denial, the reply to peter is DIFFERENT from the rest.
you mix the WHOLE context together.
John 13.36
36 Simon Peter asked him, “Lord, where are you going?” Jesus replied, “Where I am going, you cannot follow now, but you will follow later.”

John 14:57
5 Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know
where you are going, so how can we know the
way?”6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7 If you really know me, you will know[b] my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”

John 16
16 “All this I have told you so that you will not
fall away. 2 They will put you out of the
synagogue; in fact, the time is coming when
anyone who kills you will think they are offering
a service to God. 3 They will do such things
because they have not known the Father or me.
4 I have told you this, so that when their time
comes you will remember that I warned you
about them. I did not tell you this from the
beginning because I was with you, 5 but now I
am going to him who sent me. None of you asks
me, ‘Where are you going?’ 6 Rather, you are
filled with grief because I have said these things.

In john 13, it was about peter betrayal, how he ignorantly follow jesus. And in john 14 , jesus is the way the truth and the life. BUT none of them ask Him , if He was going to the ONE WHO SENT HIM.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Good Babalawo Contacts Needed / Pope Francis Calls For 'One World Government' To 'Save Humanity' / Nigerian Christians Are Too Self Centered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.