Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,853 members, 7,872,845 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:50 PM

I'm About Hitting Bottom - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I'm About Hitting Bottom (791 Views)

5 Feminine Jobs Men Are Doing And Hitting It Big In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm About Hitting Bottom by benELOHIM7(m): 5:16pm On Mar 20, 2016
I finished my degree program in chemical/petrochemical Engineering last year June but thanks to my school's policy of first sending backlog students for NYSC, I haven't served till now.
I've been trying to make ends meet by doing menial jobs but still, I cant fully fend for myself talkless of taking care of my mum that is heavily weighed down with arthritis.
Lately, I have been over-thinking. I feel worthless. At 26, I don't have a home of my own. I cant boast of anything left for the university degree and some professional training I've acquired. I am worn and depressed. I just feel I should let the world know my situation before I hit the headlines!

1 Like

Re: I'm About Hitting Bottom by Orioner(m): 5:55pm On Mar 20, 2016
you are far from hitting bottom believe me. There are a lot of things you can do right from where you are.

First of all, you should decide on what direction you want your life to go. what are the things you want to achieve and the time limit on each (else it will just be a wish list).

Once you have that figured out, decide on what it will cost you to achieve everything you have written. Opportunities abound everywhere but only if you are prepared to take advantage.

People are your greatest assets. Be cordial and go out helping people. (As humans, we usually think we have it worse until we meet someone in a worst position and besides helping another human fills you up with a cheerful optimism towards life. And yeah there is Karma... yeah Karma still does it work well)

Another thing I feel you need to do is work on your mind. Listen to motivational talks, read things that will lift your spirit.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?
What is your passion?
What would you rather do if money was not an issue?

Answers to those questions above could help NLers be more direct with help.

People to listen to:
Les Brown
Zig Ziglar

People's book to read
Anthony Robbins
Brian Tracy

1 Like

Re: I'm About Hitting Bottom by phoenix480(m): 6:52pm On Mar 21, 2016
Orioner:

People are your greatest assets. Be cordial and go out helping people. (As humans, we usually think we have it worse until we meet someone in a worst position and besides helping another human fills you up with a cheerful optimism towards life. And yeah there is Karma... yeah Karma still does it work well)

I concur. Networking still remains the easiest way to get to the next level. Always be around people that are better than you. Start helping these people and eventually, they will send opportunities down your way.

1 Like

Re: I'm About Hitting Bottom by sinkernet: 11:12pm On Mar 21, 2016
You think you are hitting the bottom? Then, do something about it.

You don't know what to do? Then, ask your brain (she always knows what to do, we just don't ask her hard enough).

You still need help? You might want to read an uplifting article like this:
http://www.sinkernet.com/business/inspiration-and-the-path-to-success/

(1) (Reply)

MCSA: Windows Server 2012 R2 & MCSE: Server Infrastructure - Only 20 Days / Meet The Nigeria Family, That Is The Most Smartest Family In Britain Today / Minumum Wages In Nigeria & Few Other Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.