Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,985 members, 7,973,395 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 03:49 PM

Web Designer Needed! - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Web Designer Needed! (2013 Views)

A Web Designer Needed Urgently. / How Can I Trust A Webmaster/web Designer ? / Web Designer Urgently Needed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Web Designer Needed! by proproman(m): 1:32pm On Aug 12, 2009
Let me come in here. Everyone has made a point. Yemo's posting of a joomla template sort of alarmed me when i first saw it considering the pic was not of his site and it looked like a site my friend created. It would have been much better if he posted a pic of his own site wether it was made on joomla or not. However, i can't fault him for using joomla. He is a WEB DESIGNER and not a WEB DEVELOPER. Web designers are not expected to code every website they create. They can if they want to but its not exclusively expected of them. I'm a web designer and i've used joomla and a good number of other open source software, free or not. They can be time saving with quite outstanding results. If you code from scratch, you'll have to look out for glitches and bugs and run several tests before release. The open source software are mostly finished stuff with very minor bugs. Saves time. Coding from scratch is also great because you have complete control over your work and is also unique. I somewhat agree with yemo on customers appreciation of a site. A good number of them cannot tell the difference between a site built on open source software and one coded from scratch. What they compliment is the finished product. Still its ok to code. Yemo, i still think your resumé/portfolio should contain a picture of your own site and not a general template. If you need help getting a picture of your site, i can help you out. I hope i've made my point.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Acquisition Of Webhosting Company / Vanguard Finally Tops Nigeria Local & Global Traffic Rank / The Ironic Personality Of Facebook Ceo Mark Zuckerberg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.