Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,515 members, 7,898,119 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 08:04 AM

You Don’t Need An Expensive Wedding To Have A Successful Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / You Don’t Need An Expensive Wedding To Have A Successful Marriage (863 Views)

"Men Don’t Need Women If They Do Not Have A House Or Job" - Pastor / Bride Shaves Her Head At Her Wedding To Support Her Terminally Ill Groom / Woman Sleeps With Ex-Boyfriend Hours Before His Wedding To Another Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Don’t Need An Expensive Wedding To Have A Successful Marriage by lawrenzi(m): 11:18pm On Mar 20, 2016
When jaye was preparing to walk down the aisle with his beautiful bride, he worked out a budget of 5 million naira only! To make sure his wedding was a success and also wanted to make sure he got people ”wowing” after his celebration. I really envied him though; I never supported it when I realize the enormous amount going into the wedding alone, 5 million naira for Christ sake! The irony is that, today both of them are no longer together as couples. When my friend told me this, I was unhappy because I felt such monies would have been used to for something better.

I know some people will say it’s a poor man’s mentality to think in this direction or that if you have the money, why not spend it? Yes, everybody is entitled to their opinion but in all sincerity you don’t need such an huge amount to have a successful marriage, many weddings have been conducted for lesser amount and are doing just fine. Even though the persons in question are also rich and could afford to spend lavishly too.

I know many of my readers will agree with me that if you must marry, the most important thing is who you marry, once you have solved that puzzle; you must have solved 80 percent of your wedding and marriage palava.

I visited my village during the Christmas period when a friend did his traditional wedding, I took time out to ask my aunt some questions on the processes it takes to get a wife in umunede, not necessarily because I wanted to get married then, but I wanted to know, comparatively to other cultures and traditions. I hear it is cheaper to marry in some parts Benue state (no pun intended). With five Thousand naira you can fulfill all requirement that will enable you take your wife home, no hidden charges!

While I was writing this article, I spoke with a friend on the kind of wedding she would want to have, she gladly told me she would want a classy wedding, no much crowd. I just want something memorable she concluded! The question is, can we have a classy wedding without it been an expensive one? For me anything classy should be expensive and anything expensive should be classy! It depends on your definition of classy though.

Most Weddings in this part of the world are unnecessarily expensive; you have the money and so what? Many of us should be working towards maintaining a successful marriage not a successful wedding. Reasons why some youths remain unmarried today is because some lack the financial power to have a desirable marriage. While some have the financial capability to have a classy wedding according to my friend, but they are still searching for a good woman to marry.

In all sense of sincerity, you don’t need a successful wedding to have a successful marriage, you must realize that what makes a successful marriage is more than the wedding itself, in all truth, no money is too much to marry a good woman, but no good woman will want you to use a reasonable amount of your money for a day’s celebration leaving the future to a great uncertainty, my position is that your traditional wedding should be your priority, since it requires the consent of both parents, if that Is settled, you can decide on the nature of your church or court wedding.

One mistake potential couples should never make is borrow marriage purpose, Mr. Fred’s weeding is different from yours, that your friend’s wedding was the talk of the town does not mean yours too must be, we must learn to plan according to what we get, if you borrow for marriage purposes, you may end up paying your debt within the first six months into your marriage.

According to one of the leaders I respect so much, he said for him, immediately he was done with his traditional wedding, it was over for him, the church wedding was only done at the insistence of his wife, and he never went out of his way to please anybody.

We must understand that twenty years from now, what people want to see is how successful your marriage is, how you were able to manage your home, your wife, your husband and your family, nobody will make reference to the day you got married, in other words, I am not saying all expensive weddings don’t become successful, I am saying if you can’t afford it, no need to lose sleep at all. Take your wife to the altar, with your pastors and family members and few friends, let God to bless it. That’s all! Don’t worry you can thank me later.

www.lawrenzi.com
Re: You Don’t Need An Expensive Wedding To Have A Successful Marriage by halfricanadian(f): 11:24pm On Mar 20, 2016
Seconded 100%
Re: You Don’t Need An Expensive Wedding To Have A Successful Marriage by Vision4God: 12:21am On Mar 21, 2016
@OP God bless u.
Re: You Don’t Need An Expensive Wedding To Have A Successful Marriage by Wconfido(m): 2:28pm On Dec 19, 2020
Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

. / Should I Forgive Her?photo / My Neighbor Has Stopped Stalking Me Since He Crashed His BMW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.