Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,483 members, 7,914,248 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 09:05 PM

Is Being In Love Really A Waste Of Time - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Being In Love Really A Waste Of Time (1099 Views)

Do You Agree? Sex Without Orgasm Is A Waste Of Time —seyi Hunter / Man Weds His US Bride In Lagos, Says "Really No Time To Waste" / 7 Reasons Why Love Is A Waste Of Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Being In Love Really A Waste Of Time by faith551(m): 12:42pm On Mar 21, 2016
OK this is really eating me up, so am really like the breed of vampires in "vampire diaries" that can turn off their humanity switch and become emotionless monsters,difference is i don't eat people i just don't know how i turned it off,all i know is i was hurt and i made up my mind not to fall in love again but am scared now.
so i fell in love once for real and ended up hurt,i got vengeful went on a playboy ''hit and run'' rampage and finally got back to my senses after doing a lot of things am not proud of,then after staying single and lonely for 2 years i decided to give myself a chance because i was feeling shallow, ended up with this cute chick who fell heels over head in love with me she was everything any guy will want, at first i thought i was feeling love but then i continued drifting away till i felt nothing for her, after much complaints of me not calling, texting and refusing to see her i finally decided to let her go, she was hurt for a while as she didn't know the reason for what i did, but i was tired of watching her complain and cry.
So the problem is its been 2 years since and nothing seem to change, i feel so jealous and happy when i see two young people in love, and problem is 90% of my friends i looked up to who happens to have working relationships are busy breaking up, you know that feeling you get when someone you're looking up to screws up,that's exactly how confused i am. What really broke the camels back is someone i really hoped will give me some advice told me yesterday that "falling in love is a waste of time".
Am a smart, intelligent ,good looking guy.(not trying to blow my trumpet) but i just seem to pick out a turn off in any lady i come across,and sometimes it could be silly little things like accent, i feel uncomfortable when i stay with a lady for too long, say a day, yea my grades in school improved but they were never bad,
has anyone here been through this before?, is it just a stage i'll get through , is my friends advice true? cause am really getting worried.
Re: Is Being In Love Really A Waste Of Time by Nobody: 12:59pm On Mar 21, 2016
Now I think it's truly a waste of time.
Re: Is Being In Love Really A Waste Of Time by PHILKINGS(m): 1:16pm On Mar 21, 2016
Dependin on wich part of ur body dat fall in love! De brain or heart!!
Re: Is Being In Love Really A Waste Of Time by faith551(m): 1:23pm On Mar 21, 2016
emmijes3:
Now I think it's truly a waste of time.

i dnt get you
Re: Is Being In Love Really A Waste Of Time by Vinshu(f): 1:24pm On Mar 21, 2016
Hollywood would soon be the name of a mental disease.
Re: Is Being In Love Really A Waste Of Time by halfricanadian(f): 1:29pm On Mar 21, 2016
It is very exhausting

Especially wen u try to love d more nd u get hurt d more undecided
Re: Is Being In Love Really A Waste Of Time by Nobody: 2:04pm On Mar 21, 2016
faith551:

i dnt get you

"IT'S A WASTE OF TIME"...
Re: Is Being In Love Really A Waste Of Time by Nobody: 2:44pm On Mar 21, 2016
How can falling in love be a waste of time

We are humans and no matter how we try to avoid it,the heart wants what it wants. We all crave to have that one special person who would just love us for who we are.

We do end up getting hurt in some cases, but then not in all cases. I understand you are scared,its normal but you can't be like that forever, learn to look at things from a positive point of view.
Re: Is Being In Love Really A Waste Of Time by faith551(m): 2:52pm On Mar 21, 2016
emmijes3:

"IT'S A WASTE OF TIME"...

come on, don't tell me you truelly believe that please
Re: Is Being In Love Really A Waste Of Time by Nobody: 2:53pm On Mar 21, 2016
faith551:

come on, don't tell me you truelly believe that please

I do.
Re: Is Being In Love Really A Waste Of Time by faith551(m): 2:54pm On Mar 21, 2016
Ebiz12:
How can falling in love be a waste of time

We are humans and no matter how we try to avoid it,the heart wants what it wants. We all crave to have that one special person who would just love us for who we are.

We do end up getting hurt in some cases, but then not in all cases. I understand you are scared,its normal but you can't be like that forever, learn to look at things from a positive point of view.

Thanks really.
Re: Is Being In Love Really A Waste Of Time by faith551(m): 2:54pm On Mar 21, 2016
Vinshu:
Hollywood would soon be the name of a mental disease.

you mean this might be from watching too much movies?
Re: Is Being In Love Really A Waste Of Time by faith551(m): 2:56pm On Mar 21, 2016
halfricanadian:
It is very exhausting

Especially wen u try to love d more nd u get hurt d more undecided

i wouldn't say getting hurt is my problem cause theoritically that has happened only once, but then it could still be
Re: Is Being In Love Really A Waste Of Time by faith551(m): 2:57pm On Mar 21, 2016
emmijes3:

I do.

That's so so comforting
Re: Is Being In Love Really A Waste Of Time by halfricanadian(f): 3:03pm On Mar 21, 2016
faith551:

i wouldn't say getting hurt is my problem cause theoritically that has happened only once, but then it could still be

cry why does love av to hurt

Its annoying in dis same world some still av it all without pain life doesnt just like some people

My bestfrnd elder sister has it all cry bt some just cant nd wont..
Re: Is Being In Love Really A Waste Of Time by faith551(m): 3:08pm On Mar 21, 2016
halfricanadian:

cry why does love av to hurt

Its annoying in dis same world some still av it all without pain life doesnt just like some people

My bestfrnd elder sister has it all cry bt some just cant nd wont..

Believe me when i say am always lucky with the girls, am the problem here,Its seems i've just lost touch with that deep ecstatic feeling called love, and it scares me.
Re: Is Being In Love Really A Waste Of Time by Realone92(m): 3:10pm On Mar 21, 2016
Stretching and yawning
Re: Is Being In Love Really A Waste Of Time by halfricanadian(f): 3:14pm On Mar 21, 2016
faith551:

Believe me when i say am always lucky with the girls, am the problem here,Its seems i've just lost touch with that deep ecstatic feeling called love, and it scares me.

It means u av not found dat girl

U av not found d really chick girl

Dat will make u want to die for love

All d girls are just nature preparing til u meet dat girl so no rushing ok
Re: Is Being In Love Really A Waste Of Time by ogunronbi18(m): 3:18pm On Mar 21, 2016
I dnt no.....mayb u can ask frm peter and paul (psquare) i tink dey gonna advice u
Re: Is Being In Love Really A Waste Of Time by ettaetta(m): 3:38pm On Mar 21, 2016
Is not a waste of time just that you have to be careful of whom you fall in love with. Look before you leap
Re: Is Being In Love Really A Waste Of Time by bxcode(m): 3:40pm On Mar 21, 2016
Op lemme clear your doubts, it's not falling in love, it's falling in lust, and once the feeling fades away, you say you've fallen out of love. True love is a decision not feelings.
Re: Is Being In Love Really A Waste Of Time by Nobody: 4:20pm On Mar 21, 2016
faith551:

That's so so comforting

Really!! Alright then
Re: Is Being In Love Really A Waste Of Time by Rukkydelta(f): 4:27pm On Mar 21, 2016
Yeah not only waste of time... it's also a waste of energy and resources
Re: Is Being In Love Really A Waste Of Time by faith551(m): 9:38am On Mar 22, 2016
halfricanadian:

It means u av not found dat girl

U av not found d really chick girl

Dat will make u want to die for love

All d girls are just nature preparing til u meet dat girl so no rushing ok

problem is i've been told this exact same thing for a long time now,i hope its true
I really appreciate your advice

(1) (Reply)

Guys Only: Ladies Backoff!! Share Your First Time Meet Kpansh / Why Most Girls Don't Like Their Ex Getting Married Before Them / Dad Seeks 'wife' For 48-year-old Son With Full-page Newspaper Ad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.