Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,181 members, 7,890,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 04:16 AM

Nlders: How Do I Forgive ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nlders: How Do I Forgive ? (964 Views)

How Do I Forgive Someone That Offends Me On A Daily Basis. / Should I Forgive Satan? / Can One Pray To God To Forgive The Sins Of Another? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nlders: How Do I Forgive ? by posakosa(m): 11:01am On Jul 23, 2009
I always considered myself to be a forgiver,  not until someone hurt me beyond my breaking poiint, 

How do I forgive someone I HATE so much ? What steps can I take ? What can I do ? My only prayer since the day that I have being harmed is to see

this person DEAD, How do I stop doing that ? Is it bad to want to seek revenge ?
Re: Nlders: How Do I Forgive ? by gen2genius(m): 11:06am On Jul 23, 2009
Sorry, are you a Christian?
Re: Nlders: How Do I Forgive ? by Tudor6(f): 11:19am On Jul 23, 2009
My brother you're not alone. . . Remember our Lord is a GOD OF VENGANCE, ride on coz you're doing nothing wrong. For vengance is of the Father and he'll be with you against your enemies.
Psalm 110 :5-6
5. The Lord is at your right hand; he will shatter Kings on the day of his wrath.
6. He will execute judgement among the nations, filling them with corpses
Brother in Christ, today is the day of your wrath go forth and proclaim death on that enemy of christ. Remember the Lord said "whosoeve ye curseth i shall curse and whosoever ye blesseth i shall bless". Jehovah shalom is solidly behind you. Amen.
Re: Nlders: How Do I Forgive ? by pinkylady1(f): 11:23am On Jul 23, 2009
just pray and tell God to give you the heart to forgive this person cos thats d best way to get rid of the spirit of hatred, we are all humans and we are bound to offend each other cos no man is perfect, so you then try imagine how many people would still be on this planet earth if every one drop dead because of an offence. you will also agree with me that one particular time u've also wronged someone else.

and finally also bear in mind that despite all the wrongs you've done Christ Jesus has always been ready to forgive you, cos he's a merciful God. and we should all try to emulate him.
Re: Nlders: How Do I Forgive ? by GEW: 11:23am On Jul 23, 2009
Tudór:

My brother you're not alone. . . Remember our Lord is a GOD OF VENGANCE, ride on coz you're doing nothing wrong. For vengance is of the Father and he'll be with you against your enemies.
Psalm 110 :5-6Brother in Christ, today is the day of your wrath go forth and proclaim death on that enemy of christ. Remember the Lord said "whosoeve ye curseth i shall curse and whosoever ye blesseth i shall bless". Jehovah shalom is solidly behind you. Amen.
you are one wonder of NL u are quoting the bible.

posakosa:

I always considered myself to be a forgiver,  not until someone hurt me beyond my breaking poiint, 

How do I forgive someone I HATE so much ? What steps can I take ? What can I do ? My only prayer since the day that I have being harmed is to see

this person DEAD, How do I stop doing that ? Is it bad to want to seek revenge ?
no one is worth you hating or carrying inside of you.   forgive becos it is good for your health and sanity
Re: Nlders: How Do I Forgive ? by gen2genius(m): 11:26am On Jul 23, 2009
grin grin grin

Tudor, Tudddorrrr, why do you sometimes display so much foolishness? Let's even assume the passage you quoted were relevant to the issue at hand, should you be so hateful of Christianity that your vision and reasoning become dysfunctional? The passage says "The Lord will. . . ,  " So, is the poster "the Lord"? grin
Re: Nlders: How Do I Forgive ? by posakosa(m): 11:26am On Jul 23, 2009
gen2genius:

Sorry, are you a Christian?

No I am not a Christian.
Re: Nlders: How Do I Forgive ? by hubreality(m): 11:27am On Jul 23, 2009
@poster, offence is as common as breath. I know how you may feel been offended. Forgiveness is one of the virtues to cherish. Why? If you're the type that forgives; be sure you'll live a long happy life. Taking offence will always put your health to dangers. You should make merry and be happy now because you're always greater than the offender or the offence. The biggest one, "one who forgives can never be subject to evil attacks even if the entire hell is loosen against you, you'll just be smiling over your unending victory." Please forgive and let him/her go. At least regain your peace and joy irrespective of his/her existence.
Re: Nlders: How Do I Forgive ? by posakosa(m): 11:31am On Jul 23, 2009
Tudór:

Psalm 110 :5-6Brother in Christ, today is the day of your wrath go forth and proclaim death on that enemy of christ. Remember the Lord said "whosoeve ye curseth i shall curse and whosoever ye blesseth i shall bless". Jehovah shalom is solidly behind you. Amen.

Revenge did feel good though, though it is not enough.
Re: Nlders: How Do I Forgive ? by GEW: 11:32am On Jul 23, 2009
posakosa:

No I am not a Christian.
what are u then?
Re: Nlders: How Do I Forgive ? by posakosa(m): 11:33am On Jul 23, 2009
GEW:

what are u then?

Nothing. I am Human. Every Human has a conscience, whether or not they associate with a particular religion. I will never define myself by any particular religion or religious belief.
Re: Nlders: How Do I Forgive ? by posakosa(m): 11:37am On Jul 23, 2009
pinky lady:

just pray and tell God to give you the heart to forgive this person cos thats d best way to get rid of the spirit of hatred, we are all humans and we are bound to offend each other cos no man is perfect, so you then try imagine how many people would still be on this planet earth if every one drop dead because of an offence. you will also agree with me that one particular time u've also wronged someone else.

and finally also bear in mind that despite all the wrongs you've done Christ Jesus has always been ready to forgive you, cos he's a merciful God. and we should all try to emulate him.

How come people like Papa Oyedepo pray for fire and hails on the robber esp. when his church was robbed on several occasions. Pray to god is a good suggestion but my memories remain. Everytime I remember what this devil has done to me, I get soo bitter. I want him dead. I feel like going out there and just shooting him to death, Knowing that Karma may never get back at him.

No one is perfect but we are all accountable for our actions. Yes, I may have wronged people at one particular time or the other but I have never done anything this heinous and evil.
Re: Nlders: How Do I Forgive ? by Tudor6(f): 11:41am On Jul 23, 2009
gen2genius:

grin grin grin

Tudor, Tudddorrrr, why do you sometimes display so much foolishness? Let's even assume the passage you quoted were relevant to the issue at hand, should you be so hateful of Christianity that your vision and reasoning become dysfunctional? The passage says "The Lord will. . . ,  " So, is the poster "the Lord"? grin
Brethren, are we not sons of God??
The bible says "For ye are gods. . ."
therefore as little god's we must emulate our father Jehovah shamah. Bless you.
Re: Nlders: How Do I Forgive ? by GEW: 11:45am On Jul 23, 2009
Tudór:

father tudor nawao

posakosa:

How come people like Papa Oyedepo pray for fire and hails on the robber esp. when his church was robbed on several occasions. Pray to god is a good suggestion but my memories remain. Everytime I remember what this devil has done to me, I get soo bitter. I want him dead. I feel like going out there and just shooting him to death, Knowing that Karma may never get back at him.

No one is perfect but we are all accountable for our actions. Yes, I may have wronged people at one particular time or the other but I have never done anything this heinous and evil.
bible says be angry sin not.if i met the people u hurt they may desribe your sins as henious and evil.

just forgive cos we all need that bridge for our journey
Re: Nlders: How Do I Forgive ? by Tudor6(f): 11:50am On Jul 23, 2009
posakosa:

No one is perfect but we are all accountable for our actions.    Yes, I may have wronged people at one particular time or the other but I have never done anything this heinous and evil.
Beloved you are right!
Even our Men of God sent by the most high do it. Papa oyedepo {PBUH} even gave them seven days to die! Halleluyah! Amen!
The lord shall kill all our enemies
matthew 7:7
Ask and it shall be given unto you, seek and you would find, knock and it will be opened
Just ask and that fellow is DEAD coz he has hurt the anointed of the lord. Shalom.
Re: Nlders: How Do I Forgive ? by gen2genius(m): 11:52am On Jul 23, 2009
posakosa:

Nothing. I am Human. Every Human has a conscience, whether or not they associate with a particular religion. I will never define myself by any particular religion or religious belief.

Not exactly Posakosa. In fact, that's why I asked if you're a Christian before  going into any "sermon." Truth is, naturally, we're all prone to seeking revenge or wishing something bad happens to someone who has hurt us badly. But being a real Christian makes things different because "if any man is in Christ, he is a new creature; old things are passed away and all things become new." (2 Corinthians 5:17). When we yield ourselves to Christ, he transforms us and gives us the grace (divine strength) to do things we wouldn't be able to do naturally. One of such is living above sin, and another is is FORGIVING those who hurt us without retaliating or wishing them evil. That's why you see that neither Christ nor any of his followers supported revenge. If you don't mind, I'll show you some proofs:

JESUS SPEAKING:

Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. (Matthew 5:45-45)

PETER SPEAKING:

For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully. For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God. For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously (1 Peter 2:19-23)

PAUL SPEAKING:

Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good. (Romans 12:19-21)

Christianity does not teach retaliation or violence. That's one of the things that makes a real Christian different from any other person. He has the mind and nature of Christ in him, therefore he finds it easy to do what an ordinary person thinks is impossible. "I can do ALL THINGS through Christ who gives me strength" (Philiippians 4:13).
Re: Nlders: How Do I Forgive ? by jagunlabi(m): 11:54am On Jul 23, 2009
I think you need a healthy dose of Eckhart Tolle's teachings,posa.Cross over to youtube and look for him.I will say this much,though,forgiveness comes from knowing who you truly are,your very essence,and then seeing that same essence in the ones that hurt you,or the ones you hurt,or want to hurt.Forgiveness comes from the very understanding that most human beings do not know what they are doing when they do the things they do,negative or positive,meaning they are unconscious most of the time.
Would you find it dificult to forgive a sleepwalker who just knocked down your cup of coffee as he or she passes by,especially when you've realised that that person is actually sleepwalking?
We all sleepwalk through life knocking things all over the place.That is why we know not what we do,until we start waking up.To understand what forgiveness is all about we need to understand very deep truths about ourselves through the state of reawakening.You are not going to understand it any other way.
Check out Eckhart Tolle on yout ube and things will seem utterly clear to you.
posakosa:

I always considered myself to be a forgiver,  not until someone hurt me beyond my breaking poiint,  

Re: Nlders: How Do I Forgive ? by pinkylady1(f): 11:54am On Jul 23, 2009
posakosa:

How come people like Papa Oyedepo pray for fire and hails on the robber esp. when his church was robbed on several occasions. Pray to god is a good suggestion but my memories remain. Everytime I remember what this devil has done to me, I get soo bitter. I want him dead. I[b] feel like going out there and just shooting him to death, Knowing that Karma may never get back at him. [/b]

he would one day regret what he did to you unless he realises it and asked for your forgiveness, dat's if you decided to let go and bear in mind that it's only God that can avenge our cause.

Yes No one is perfect and we are all accountable for our actions only if we fails to retrace our steps and ask for forgiveness. And we are accountable to God.
Re: Nlders: How Do I Forgive ? by hubreality(m): 11:59am On Jul 23, 2009
@poster, it will be most dangerous to even wish the offender death. Why? Offence is like breath; you breath in and out. Good you're wise enough to even consider forgiving him/her because we've in one way or the other taken in or breath out offences. Forgive him/her just to heal the hurt and be at peace with your providence. How? Consider and count not the offences again. Make yourself happy and heal the hurts and you should say it out to your hearing, "I forgive [name]." "LOVE" is the greatest Force and Virtue in the universe.
God bless you.
Re: Nlders: How Do I Forgive ? by hubreality(m): 11:59am On Jul 23, 2009
@poster, it will be most dangerous to even wish the offender death. Why? Offence is like breath; you breath in and out. Good you're wise enough to even consider forgiving him/her because we've in one way or the other taken in or breath out offences. Forgive him/her just to heal the hurt and be at peace with your providence. How? Consider and count not the offences again. Make yourself happy and heal the hurts and you should say it out to your hearing, "I forgive [name]." "LOVE" is the greatest Force and Virtue in the universe.
God bless you.
Re: Nlders: How Do I Forgive ? by posakosa(m): 12:03pm On Jul 23, 2009
Tudór:

We are mere mortals. I do believe in revenge though, I don't think that it should be an eye for an eye but  it could be an eye for a lawsuit, haha!
Re: Nlders: How Do I Forgive ? by posakosa(m): 12:05pm On Jul 23, 2009
hubreality:

God bless you.

My memories hunt me. When my brain recalls the events that occurred, I get angry, upset, and bitter, even though I tell myself countless a times that I have forgiven, My memories hunt me.

Forgiveness is HARD and LOVE might be a farce.
Re: Nlders: How Do I Forgive ? by hubreality(m): 12:17pm On Jul 23, 2009
At anytime it recalls, consider it not will always be  the way out. Before long it heals the hurts
Re: Nlders: How Do I Forgive ? by posakosa(m): 1:07pm On Jul 23, 2009
hubreality:

At anytime it recalls, consider it not will always be  the way out. Before long it heals the hurts

Huh ?
Re: Nlders: How Do I Forgive ? by posakosa(m): 10:24pm On Jul 23, 2009
Did everyone modify their posts, some of the responses posted now are not what I read earlier.
Re: Nlders: How Do I Forgive ? by posakosa(m): 10:26pm On Jul 23, 2009
Tudór:

Beloved you are right!
Even our Men of God sent by the most high do it. Papa oyedepo {PBUH} even gave them seven days to die! Halleluyah! Amen!
The lord shall kill all our enemies
matthew 7:7Just ask and that fellow is DEAD coz he has hurt the anointed of the lord. Shalom.

Tudor, ure a character men! hahaha, funny dude.
Re: Nlders: How Do I Forgive ? by posakosa(m): 10:28pm On Jul 23, 2009
pinky lady:

he would one day regret what he did to you unless he realises it and asked for your forgiveness, dat's if you decided to let go and bear in mind that it's only God that can avenge our cause.

Yes No one is perfect and we are all accountable for our actions only if we fails to retrace our steps and ask for forgiveness. And we are accountable to God.

Do you think so ? I think that some people are just heartless. They have no soul or regard for another.
Re: Nlders: How Do I Forgive ? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jul 23, 2009
why this thread is on the religion section is beyond me.
Re: Nlders: How Do I Forgive ? by posakosa(m): 1:31am On Jul 24, 2009
davidylan:

why this thread is on the religion section is beyond me.

Where do you suggest that this should be ? Isn't religion about forgiveness, yea ?
Re: Nlders: How Do I Forgive ? by Nobody: 3:22am On Jul 24, 2009
posakosa:

Where do you suggest that this should be ? Isn't religion about forgiveness, yea ?

no ma forgiveness can be secular too. You could move it to the Muslim section if you must hide it under the umbrella of religion.

(1) (Reply)

HIS A FATHER INDEED / Atm And Credit Card For Offerings. / If You Pass Away Today What What Happens To All The Wealth You Have Accumulated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.