Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,205 members, 7,880,757 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:03 AM

Doing A Job That Can't B Done Without U Doing It Urself U Can't B Rich With It - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Doing A Job That Can't B Done Without U Doing It Urself U Can't B Rich With It (639 Views)

How To Have A Good Time Doing A 9 - 5 Job / How Do You Cope Doing A Job You Don't Like / Can You Accept A Job That Pays Lesser Than Your Previous One? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Doing A Job That Can't B Done Without U Doing It Urself U Can't B Rich With It by Nobody: 8:15am On Mar 22, 2016
We were in a class when my lecturer started asking us, one after the other, the reason why we chose to become medical doctors. Many of us gave different reasons. Some said it's because of the respect the community has for them. Others said it's because they believe doctors are rich. A few said it's because they love reading and finding knowledge.
I said it's the nursery rhyme that we used to sing in nursery school that got into my head
It goes thus
"I am a.........in my country, everybody knows me well, if you look me up and down, you'll know that it's true "

However, at the end, he told us that there's no money in medicine because If you are doing a job that cannot be done without you doing it yourself , you cannot be rich with the job.. An example of such is medicine, you'll only be okay with your salary, not rich. He cited examples like Dangote, Otedola, Adenuga etc. He said these people just sit somewhere and people are labouring day in and out, in the sun getting their money for them.
Are there exceptions to his observations? If so, what are they?
Re: Doing A Job That Can't B Done Without U Doing It Urself U Can't B Rich With It by CosmeticChemist(m): 1:50pm On Mar 22, 2016
If you are not directly involved in business, you will be cheated out of your money.
To make life altering wealth like the Dangotes, Otedola and Adenuga. You must have to leverage your work. how ? You hire sales army, and loads of staffs to get your job done.
To create real wealth, a business must not be localized. You can have a factory in Bompai, Kano selling thousands of noodles to consumers in the Northern part of the country like Kebbi, Jigawa, Sokoto etc... You can also have another in Lagos, Dare-salaam, Tanzania.That way, you make millions of $$.
A hospital business is localized, Most don't have branches. There is a limit to growth . In manufacturing, total number/worth of items pushed into the market can be accounted for, in medicine it is different.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doing A Job That Can't B Done Without U Doing It Urself U Can't B Rich With It by dalass(f): 8:15pm On Aug 11, 2017
I see. Correct and on point

(1) (Reply)

How To Answer “what Is Your Greatest Weakness?” / Npower– A Lifeline For Lazy Nigerian Youths, Graduates / Project Based Learning- Pega Online Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.