Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,877 members, 7,889,921 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 02:21 AM

Jonathan Hails Incoming Benin Rep. President,Praises Incumbent PM For Concession - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Hails Incoming Benin Rep. President,Praises Incumbent PM For Concession (857 Views)

Jonathan Hails Buhari At 75, Describes President As ‘rare Statesman’ / Femi Fani-Kayode Praises His 3 Wives (Photos) / FG Inaugurates Committee For Concession Of Airports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Jonathan Hails Incoming Benin Rep. President,Praises Incumbent PM For Concession by TheophilusA: 1:33am On Mar 23, 2016
Former president Dr. Goodluck Jonathan has congratulated businessman Patrice Talon who won Benin Republic's presidential election and will succeed outgoing President Boni Yayi. Jonathan has also hailed the incumbent Prime Minister of the Republic of Benin, Mr. Lionel Zinsou, who was a candidate for President, "for his exemplary conduct of conceding defeat and congratulating the choice of the people". In a personally-signed statement Jonathan shared via his verified Facebook page, he said," Having followed the elections in the Republic of Benin very closely, I am very impressed with the orderly manner with which the administration of President Boni Yayi conducted those polls. They were adjudged peaceful, credible and transparent by local and international observers and President Yayi deserves commendation for providing the leadership that led to this outcome.

"I also congratulate the people of the Republic of Benin for their role in the election and for showing the world that the Republic of Benin and its citizens have come of age in the practice of democracy. I especially wish to appreciate the incumbent Prime Minister of the Republic of Benin, Mr. Lionel Zinsou, who was a candidate for President, for his exemplary conduct of conceding defeat and congratulating the choice of the people, Mr. Patrice Talon, on his victory at the polls. Such a gesture by Prime Minister Zinsou is rare and should be applauded by all statesmen as the highest display of patriotism and maturity. Finally, I congratulate Mr. Patrice Talon on his victory and wish him a successful and peaceful tenure after his swearing in even as I urge that there should be no victor or vanquished in this process. All the Beninoise people are winners and have cause to be proud of their nation."

http://dawntodusknews.com/goodluck-jonathan-congratulates-incoming-benin-rep-president-hails-incumbent-pm-for-conceding-defeat/

Re: Jonathan Hails Incoming Benin Rep. President,Praises Incumbent PM For Concession by TheophilusA: 1:33am On Mar 23, 2016
Re: Jonathan Hails Incoming Benin Rep. President,Praises Incumbent PM For Concession by ticker(m): 4:01am On Mar 23, 2016
see as I just dey here they miss Gej... Buhari is an undisputed failure and a huge disappointment

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Hails Incoming Benin Rep. President,Praises Incumbent PM For Concession by OLADD: 4:34am On Mar 23, 2016
Conceding defeat is good when it's necessary but doing so to an unrepentant religious bigot, a tribalist, 95%5% sentimentalist, someone who would be quick to condemn insecurity in Rivers but takes eternity to speak about Fulani escapades, a president who says one thing but denies the next moment, a smooth operator who closes his eyes to corruption in his own party but goes after the opposition with passion, a leader who had contested for the presidency for 12 years but have no cue on how to bring the country out of economic, political and socio-cultural wood, will not do any nation any good. Handing over to Buhari has done more harm to Nigeria than good.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Hails Incoming Benin Rep. President,Praises Incumbent PM For Concession by Standing5(m): 4:49am On Mar 23, 2016
Pre-programmed wailers everywhere. God help us. Even in the face of all the arms deal revelation. I wonder what someone so clueless as to throw virtually all of our national purse at his re-election bid would av done differently other than conceed defeat shamefully. The guy acted like a low life gambler who gambled his children school fees and upkeep(development) money away and even gambled the padlock (arms fund) to their gate away.
To claim humility for gambling his family padlock away is like claiming he merely avoided the wrath of potential armed robbers who might want to come into his house, and so demands praise from his family.
Re: Jonathan Hails Incoming Benin Rep. President,Praises Incumbent PM For Concession by TPAND(f): 5:16am On Mar 23, 2016
It is Evident, Buhari can; will; shall; would, could, should; ( paint it anyhow you like ) never do this.

Instead:

The Dog and Baboon would rather be soaked in blood . Five hundred years from now I will not forget this quote from a desperate, obtuse, power seeker called Buhari
Re: Jonathan Hails Incoming Benin Rep. President,Praises Incumbent PM For Concession by Nobody: 5:17am On Mar 23, 2016
TPAND:
It is Evident, Buhari can; will; shall; would, could, should; ( paint it anyhow you like ) never do this.
Instead:
The Dog and Baboon would rather be soaked in blood . Five hundred years from now I will not forget this quote from a desperate, obtuse, power seeker called Buhari
OLADD:
Conceding defeat is good when it's necessary but doing so to an unrepentant religious bigot, a tribalist, 95%5% sentimentalist, someone who would be quick to condemn insecurity in Rivers but takes eternity to speak about Fulani escapades, a president who says one thing but denies the next moment, a smooth operator who closes his eyes to corruption in his own party but goes after the opposition with passion, a leader who had contested for the presidency for 12 years but have no cue on how to bring the country out of economic, political and socio-cultural wood, will not do any nation any good. Handing over to Buhari has done more harm to Nigeria than good.

and a mother giver birth to those that I quoted up here.. the only thing that remain for you to become who you really fit is to start wearing a rag.

Back to the topic. I really appreciate Jonathan on this kind thing. Despite the Effort of Mama Piece and Fayose to stop Jonathan from accepting defeat, this man still go ahead and concede defeat just to make Nigeria settle.

But mind you, that doesn't stop me from cursing you for your incompetence and for allowing Nigeria biggest thieves to loot the country dry under your watch.

To Wailer and IPOB (ROBOT) in the house, am the new anti Robot spam verification that will send you to where you belong. your time is over on Nairaland.
Re: Jonathan Hails Incoming Benin Rep. President,Praises Incumbent PM For Concession by TPAND(f): 5:53am On Mar 23, 2016
godson36:

and a mother giver birth to those that I quoted up here.. the only thing that remain for you to become who you really fit is to start wearing a rag.

Back to the topic. I really appreciate Jonathan on this kind thing. Despite the Effort of Mama Piece and Fayose to stop Jonathan from accepting defeat, this man still go ahead and concede defeat just to make Nigeria settle.

But mind you, that doesn't stop me from cursing you for your incompetence and for allowing Nigeria biggest thieves to loot the country dry under your watch.

To Wailer and IPOB (ROBOT) in the house, am the new anti Robot spam verification that will send you to where you belong. your time is over on Nairaland.

Zombie ooo... Zombie

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Hails Incoming Benin Rep. President,Praises Incumbent PM For Concession by neolboy(m): 6:04am On Mar 23, 2016
Democracy is bound to stay in Africa
Re: Jonathan Hails Incoming Benin Rep. President,Praises Incumbent PM For Concession by Mynd44: 6:29am On Mar 23, 2016

(1)

Read What President Buhari Is Planning To Mu’azu, Obanikoro, Others / See Epic Reply From A Twitter User To Dino Melaye / The Guardian Uk's Opinion On Cameron's Epic Level Hyprocrisy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.