Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,957 members, 7,873,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:31 AM

Reps To Probe Allegations Of Mistreatment Of The Sultan Of Sokoto By British - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps To Probe Allegations Of Mistreatment Of The Sultan Of Sokoto By British (709 Views)

Gov Fayose welcomes Sultan of Sokoto to Ekiti state (photos) / Repulsive Odour Forces Reps To Adjourn Till Nov 17 / President Jonathan With The Sultan, Emir Of Kano & Katsina (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reps To Probe Allegations Of Mistreatment Of The Sultan Of Sokoto By British by Abuzola(m): 8:36pm On Jul 23, 2009
House of Reps to investigate allegations of mistreatment of the Sultan of Sokoto by British Airways

The House of Representatives has asked its joint committee on Aviation and Foreign Affairs to investigate allegations of 'dehumanising and humiliating" reception given to the Sultan of Sokoto, Muhammad Sa'ad Abubakar and other Nigerians by British Airways.

The Sultan and his entourage were reported to have been stopped from boarding a British Airways flight by the crew at the Nnamdi Azikwe International Airport Abuja.

Rep Abass Braimah (PDP, Edo State) called for the motion and said, "The Sultan's offence was that he did not subject himself to the humiliation of scampering along with other passengers; ticket and boarding pass in hand, to queue at the boarding point. I wonder whether the Brisitish Airways can treat the Queen of England or the King of Saudi Arabia the way they treated the Sultan".

http://www.ngex.com/news/public/newsinfo.php?nid=8375
Re: Reps To Probe Allegations Of Mistreatment Of The Sultan Of Sokoto By British by naijaking1: 8:53pm On Jul 23, 2009
The House of Rep. has no life cheesy
So for "having the sultan scamper and que up like other common passangers" the Nigerian House of Rep will set up a probe of the airline
They should just live the thing up to the Sokoto house to knock themselves out!
By the last time I checked Nigeria has no sultan king, so comparing the episode to the Queen of England or the King of Saudi Arabia is idiotic.
The House of Rep. will spend their time better debating the many maltreatment of of innocent Nigerians in Britain, problems at home, and how to reduce corruption.
Re: Reps To Probe Allegations Of Mistreatment Of The Sultan Of Sokoto By British by naijaway(m): 9:12pm On Jul 23, 2009
I honestly tried to ignore this thread but can you see what Nigeria is turning into. I hope many countries begin to ignore those so called rulers of their backyard, and when asked why? they sould just say there are too many and from current historic data, these people don't match. He just walked past the line as in am not like you people, not even proof of identity and yet wanted to board a plane. The stupid senators that would need his help during some LGA  sokoto election will ofcourse talk rubbish, they didn't remind him dat anyone even a terrorist could have just played the same act and I don't know who told him that he's that popular.
   This naija traditional rulers are nothing like the queen and co, our traditional rulers in that small nigeria are more than the royals of the whole of europe and asia combined. The worst part is that many are not legit and even if you are legit that means ur ancestor particiated in assisting slavery for whatever purposes and if not that, How are you sure u'r the peoples' choice when there's no way to vote and who told you that u'r better than others. Dem go soon get am, no more monthly allowance, no more VIP treatment, no more brainwashing, no more judging over people's problems when you don't even understand empathy n facts and why do we have lawyers, no more elections around you as in say wetin happen shocked, no more  feeling too different without proof of merit, no more overriding the local govt's opinion because it is he/she the people entrusted, it will dawn on you that everyone is equal in the history u claim is questionable and just plain english everyone is equal, go and get a job and live ur life, no be by force to be dat thing over public without election.
Re: Reps To Probe Allegations Of Mistreatment Of The Sultan Of Sokoto By British by Eziachi: 9:14pm On Jul 23, 2009
Maybe the Brits mistook him for Osama Bin Ladin- with all those disguises called robe.
Re: Reps To Probe Allegations Of Mistreatment Of The Sultan Of Sokoto By British by mafioso(m): 9:35pm On Jul 23, 2009
WHERE THE TERRORIST DEY GO BEFORE?? , Sound Sultan said "When The Bush Meat go Catch The ***"

THEY ARE ALL THE CAUSE OF NAIJA PROBLEM, SO WHAT IS GOOD FOR THE GOOSE IS GOOD FOR THE ******* cool
Re: Reps To Probe Allegations Of Mistreatment Of The Sultan Of Sokoto By British by no21: 9:48pm On Jul 23, 2009
I am disappointed at the house of reps for even listening to this .

Go tell the idiot caled sultan to go get his own jet.

This is what we call Nigerian Leaders.
Re: Reps To Probe Allegations Of Mistreatment Of The Sultan Of Sokoto By British by Abuzola(m): 1:15am On Jul 24, 2009
9ja, i feel your pain
Re: Reps To Probe Allegations Of Mistreatment Of The Sultan Of Sokoto By British by Nobody: 2:10am On Jul 24, 2009
Why r muslims seen as terrorists, Is the sultan going to hijack the plane or what.If it were to be a pastor,wil he have been stopped from boarding the plane.He was only stop because he is a muslim nt because of nt following protocol afterall,this is nt the first time he will be entering a plane
@no21, Look at u with ur comment"go & buy a jet;that is what they called nigeria leader", Is that why pastors are buying jets,
Re: Reps To Probe Allegations Of Mistreatment Of The Sultan Of Sokoto By British by naijaking1: 2:50am On Jul 24, 2009
Neptunz:

Why r muslims seen as terrorists, Is the sultan going to hijack the plane or what.If it were to be a pastor,wil he have been stopped from boarding the plane.He was only stop because he is a muslim nt because of nt following protocol afterall,this is nt the first time he will be entering a plane
@no21, Look at u with ur comment"go & buy a jet;that is what they called nigeria leader", Is that why pastors are buying jets,

While I don't support searching people just because of their religion, but the sultan complaining because he was treated like the "maddening crowd" is laughable.
If he comes here with that sort of attitude, I will not only support strip-searching him, but will tip the US customs people to stick their finger inside his nyash looking for illegal drugs.
Re: Reps To Probe Allegations Of Mistreatment Of The Sultan Of Sokoto By British by mmaks: 1:59pm On Jul 24, 2009
these so call 'honorables" are comic characters most of the time. many nigerians are getting killed and molested everyday inside their country but no one says anything but since one sultan cd not move his butt fast enough ( maybe he thought its Nigerain Airways) they want to spend quality probing the incidence. morons.
Re: Reps To Probe Allegations Of Mistreatment Of The Sultan Of Sokoto By British by McKren(m): 2:35pm On Jul 24, 2009
well unfortunately the Sultan is not Nigeria's head of State

I doubt if anybody will treat Yar'adua the same way.

A Sultan who happens to be a general and a defence attache to a foreign country should have known this better than anyone else.
Re: Reps To Probe Allegations Of Mistreatment Of The Sultan Of Sokoto By British by naijaking1: 5:33pm On Jul 24, 2009
McKren:

well unfortunately the Sultan is not Nigeria's head of State

I doubt if anybody will treat Yar'adua the same way.

A Sultan who happens to be a general and a defence attache to a foreign country should have known this better than anyone else.

These people know better.
If Yar'dua visits a head of state, he will probably meet with the foreign service people and not the customs, but once he retires, he will come back to que up like us the common people.
This morning, NPR reported a similar incident with the former Indian president(not prime minster), who was searched like every other person on Continental airline flight from New Delhi to NYC.
Why should we always demand special consideration?
Re: Reps To Probe Allegations Of Mistreatment Of The Sultan Of Sokoto By British by 9jaHope(m): 6:09pm On Jul 24, 2009
I find this rather amusing. . .I remember the BA case last year when over 100 Lagos bound Nigerians were maltreated at Heathrow. . .I don't recall the House of Reps taking that up. . .

Just shows where our politicians priorities lie
Re: Reps To Probe Allegations Of Mistreatment Of The Sultan Of Sokoto By British by strangleyo: 6:31pm On Jul 24, 2009
F*ck the sultan and his following.

I'm getting a beer, its on the Sultan.

(1) (Reply)

Kidnappers, Ritualists Invade Presidential State Of Katsina / No Good Governance: No Winner For $5 Million African Leadership Prize / Dangote May File For Bankruptcy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.