Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,668 members, 7,930,303 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 03:00 PM

Please Nairalander How Can I Get Back My Money - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Nairalander How Can I Get Back My Money (1046 Views)

My Husband Steals My Money / I Told My Hubby To Stop Using My Money.am I Wrong? / Nairalander's How Will You Feel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Nairalander How Can I Get Back My Money by shinaidowu: 8:58pm On Jul 23, 2009
deleted
Re: Please Nairalander How Can I Get Back My Money by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jul 23, 2009
Re: Please Nairalander How Can I Get Back My Money by frankkky: 9:52am On Jul 24, 2009
are you the personally involoved or u are speaking for some else,let me know so i will know how to advise u on how to recover ur money back
Re: Please Nairalander How Can I Get Back My Money by jaybee3(m): 9:59am On Jul 24, 2009
Did you sign any contract?
Having payment slips doesn't necessarily guarantee you've entered a contract with the guy.
Re: Please Nairalander How Can I Get Back My Money by shinaidowu: 10:19am On Jul 24, 2009
frankkky:

are you the personally involoved or u are speaking for some else,let me know so i will know how to advise u on how to recover ur money back

Am not personally involved but a friend, the last time i have some issues and i threw it to the house i received a lot of wonderful thoughts that i was able to resolve the issues without anybody getting hurt. hence i felt throwing it up here i would definitely get good responses.

chaircover:

I remember you now. You are the married man who lost a lot of money when you committed adultery with your banker concubine & she ran away with the money.

Did you every get it back?

Now you have lost money to someone who "claims to be a pastor" and had promised to buy you a car in the USA.

Personally I think that you need to look very carefully at why you are prone to losing large sums of money to "strange people"

No insult meant but is the money "clean" money to start with?

Haba can you be so mean, i mean u cud have said i rememeber you without adding the adultery part. Anyway we were able to resolve the issues amicably with a payment plan after much pleading from her side. This time around its from a friend and not myself. Buy why cant we have honest people like us, without unnecessary looking over your shoulder when dealing with loved ones.
Re: Please Nairalander How Can I Get Back My Money by ifyalways(f): 11:30am On Jul 24, 2009
^^Take it easy man.lol
@Topic,I dont think you can prosecute him @ the states cos u paid in the said money into his "9ja" account. undecided
First,what reasons is he giving u for not been able to get ur car?
Are you still intrested in having a car or u just want your money back?
Since u have been asking him for a refund of cash,what has he been saying?hes cashtrapped now or he cant just refund?
Have u ever owed him in the past?
How often does he come back to 9ja?
It might be difficult for him to give u a refund now esp If he had already ever made plans to get u a car,maybe hes paid some part of the money/used some part of the money to source for a car for u.who knows ,maybe he too got duped in the process of buying u ur car or he used the money to solve his own personal problems. undecided
I suggest u forget abt threats,calmly call him and ask him what went wrong @his side.If u have someone whos close to him at the states,let the person go and see him one on one and talk calmly with him too.
Re: Please Nairalander How Can I Get Back My Money by shinaidowu: 3:17pm On Jul 25, 2009
Thanks sista, but i feel this is the same thing as the 419 we are all shouting about. Obtaining money without any intention of delivering as agreed.
According to my friend, he has not said anytin tangible why he has not delivered the car and he has been avoiding his call. I really donot know how often he comes to Nigeria but i guess this is the first time both of them are doing business.
Like i told my friend i guess maybe he used the money to solve his own problems.

But the big question is how does get his money back. I need more respnses from gurus in here.
Re: Please Nairalander How Can I Get Back My Money by MrWaters: 7:57pm On Jul 25, 2009
Maga don pay
Re: Please Nairalander How Can I Get Back My Money by faboyish(m): 6:03pm On Jul 26, 2009
@ poster, Get his full name, search public records in USA to get his address over there, That should be a starter, If his address was available, there are alot of things that can be done.
Re: Please Nairalander How Can I Get Back My Money by ifyalways(f): 8:13pm On Jul 26, 2009
shinaidowu:

Thanks sista, but i feel this is the same thing as the 419 we are all shouting about. Obtaining money without any intention of delivering as agreed.
According to my friend, he has not said anytin tangible why he has not delivered the car and he has been avoiding his call. I really donot know how often he comes to Nigeria but i guess this is the first time both of them are doing business.
Like i told my friend i guess maybe he used the money to solve his own problems.

But the big question is how does get his money back. I need more respnses from gurus in here.
The only way to get back the money is to settle it amicably with him.let him get someone thats close to both parties living in the states go see the guy.it seems hes used the money for personal purposes,locking him up or inviting EFCC wont bring back the money.
Get someone in the states to see him,if hes gainfully employed/earning sumthg at the end of each month,reach an agreement that at the end of each month,he wud be paying a specified amt of money to ur friend.
Re: Please Nairalander How Can I Get Back My Money by shinaidowu: 6:40pm On Jul 28, 2009
faboyish:

@ poster, Get his full name, search public records in USA to get his address over there, That should be a starter, If his address was available, there are alot of things that can be done.

Please o am interesed, just googled public record and i was able to get his name and location but not his main address. Please Faboyish Need your assistance to smoke this rat out.
Re: Please Nairalander How Can I Get Back My Money by faboyish(m): 4:52am On Jul 31, 2009
Address is important, ifyalways is right though, locking him up won't solve problems, If u could get an address, i'm sure one of our padi's on NL could call the local sheriff and explain everything to them, I'm pretty sure something can be worked out
Re: Please Nairalander How Can I Get Back My Money by frankkky: 10:57am On Aug 03, 2009
@poster sorry 4 the late response,yeah in this situation u cannot do anything to him legally in the states cos there was no formal contract between you guys so it is going to be his word against yours,the only evidence u seem to have going by your story is the money paid into his account in nigeria(was this account in his real name?i mean the same name he uses in the states?)u could trace him down to the states but it will be a very difficult legal battle let no decieve you,but on the other hand you could report him to efcc there in nigeria or rather find a way to get to him and then work out an arrangment on how he can be paying the money to you,whatever you choose to do,cheers mate

(1) (Reply)

Vote For Baby Sienna / Dutch Arranging Fake Weddings For Nigerians Jailed. / Gtbank.scamalerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.