Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,600 members, 7,975,338 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 10:44 PM

Obasanjo Attacks Doyin Okupe Over Comment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Attacks Doyin Okupe Over Comment (954 Views)

Benue Massacre: Doyin Okupe Provides Shocking Revelations / Falana Knocks Obasanjo, Attacks Jonathan / Clinton Lost Because She Wanted To Edit The Holy Bible – Doyin Okupe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Attacks Doyin Okupe Over Comment by Rikidony(m): 3:03pm On Mar 23, 2016
– Obasanjo said Okupe “does not know what he was saying”.

– Okupe had said Obasanjo remains the leader of the PDP in southwest and not Senator Kashamu

Ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo has attacked his ex-spokesperson, Doyin Okupe describing him as a hypocrite.

Obasanjo made the statement after Okupe said the former number one man of the country as the leader of the opposition party, PDP in Southwest Nigeria.

Okupe, in a facebook post had said: “Baba Obasanjo still remains the undisputed and authentic leader of the PDP in the South-West. The fact that he tore his membership card is not tantamount to resignation from the party. An action he has not undertaken to date.”

But speaking with Premiumtimes, Obasanjo said Okupe “does not know what he was saying”.

“I was a national leader of the party for eight years, so, how would I now reduce myself to becoming its leader in the South West,” he said.

Obasanjo also said Mr. Okupe should be ignored because he was one of those who campaign​ed for his his expulsion from the party.

Okupe also attacked Senator Burtuji Kashamu in the Facebook post.

“Senator Buruji Kashamu is not the leader of the PDP in the South West. He is not even the leader of the party in Ogun State. He leads an NGO called Omo Ilu which engages in empowerment programmes in the state, mainly in the Ogun East Senatorial district,” he said.

Recall that Doyin Okupe had explained why he called to move
Governor Nyesom Wike and his predecessor, Rotimi Amaechi, out of Rivers state.

In his recent Facebook post, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) chieftain said that Wike and Amaechi as well as their aides should be moved out because of the level of violence that marred rerun election in the state. He also demanded the prosecution of all people involved in the violence that claimed up to 10 lives.

https://www.naij.com/774835-obasanjo-attacks-doyin-okupe-read.html?source=index_main
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Doyin Okupe Over Comment by Nobody: 3:08pm On Mar 23, 2016
“I was a national leader of the party for eight years, so, how would I now reduce myself to becoming its leader in the South West,” he said.

Doyin Okupe and his "eye service" sef, anyway, nice comment from Baba cheesy

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Doyin Okupe Over Comment by baralatie(m): 3:10pm On Mar 23, 2016
See o!
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Doyin Okupe Over Comment by Rikidony(m): 3:28pm On Mar 23, 2016
Keneking:

Doyin Okupe and his "eye service" sef, anyway, nice comment from Baba cheesy

HOW CAN YOU LEAVE THE PROGRESSIVE TO JOIN WAILERS.

lalasticlala
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Doyin Okupe Over Comment by fleshbone(m): 4:02pm On Mar 23, 2016
When trying to impress someone fires back

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Doyin Okupe Over Comment by chriskosherbal(m): 4:41pm On Mar 23, 2016
Enough of this said that and that said this, let's work together to develop Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

See The Deplorable And Sorry State Of Mbaise Road,owerri(photos) / This Latest Buhari Trip Is Useless / Violence Has Erupted In The Gwagwalada Office Of The INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.