Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,355 members, 7,947,566 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 11:51 PM

How Nigerian Drowned In Mediterranean Sea - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Nigerian Drowned In Mediterranean Sea (27130 Views)

Burial Of The 26 Nigerian Girls Killed In Mediterranean Sea (Pictures) / Four People Drowned In Ekiti Egbe River (Graphic Photos) / Two Nigerian Sisters Rescued From The Mediterranean Sea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Nigerian Drowned In Mediterranean Sea by sheedy407(m): 1:51pm On Mar 24, 2016
Well,my elder brother passed tru this journey and we did not hear from him for like 2weeks,suddenly,an Italian number called and when we heard his voice,that day was like Christmas for us cos he embarked on the journey without our knowledge.
He got a lawyer that fought for him for almost two years to secure an Italian passport for him and withing dose two years,he was in camp.
Now he is a big boy always visiting Nigeria but anytime he narrates what he went tru,I always cry and thank God he did not sink too.
Pls that route is not worth it cos I'm not trying to encourage anyone to take it.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Nigerian Drowned In Mediterranean Sea by Nobody: 1:53pm On Mar 24, 2016
How long can you stay afloat in the middle of the ocean? Its not worth the risk, my sister... e go better one day
Nairasurplus:
The best thing is to travel with a life jacket. That is all. If tne boat capsizes, will remain afloat.

1 Like

Re: How Nigerian Drowned In Mediterranean Sea by Nobody: 1:54pm On Mar 24, 2016
Eyah very sorrowful but stay in naija in peace them no go hear now his bro is dead in a futile effort to reach Spain money he could have used in starting a business which could have blossomed by now, the story sweet sha it should be named titanic 2 starring osas and monday, voyage of no return

3 Likes

Re: How Nigerian Drowned In Mediterranean Sea by Fishout(m): 1:54pm On Mar 24, 2016
Oga gan o. On top of what?
.RIP to ur brother
Re: How Nigerian Drowned In Mediterranean Sea by PilotOz(m): 1:57pm On Mar 24, 2016
Re: How Nigerian Drowned In Mediterranean Sea by Nobody: 2:01pm On Mar 24, 2016
Touching story. Very very touching. Osas should never forget the date. Hope it wasn't on a Monday.

In order news. R.I.P Johan Cruyff
Re: How Nigerian Drowned In Mediterranean Sea by DPricey1(f): 2:02pm On Mar 24, 2016
I couldn't stop tears from rolling down my eyes #TrueLove
Re: How Nigerian Drowned In Mediterranean Sea by ojimbo(m): 2:04pm On Mar 24, 2016
martineinstein:
Edo people( especially my ethnic group,ishan) and 'by-land journey to Europe at like bread and butter... So sad, they won't learn
and when they arrive. They begin to commit nuisance on the streets and everywhere. begging on the streets
Re: How Nigerian Drowned In Mediterranean Sea by PilotOz(m): 2:07pm On Mar 24, 2016
Re: How Nigerian Drowned In Mediterranean Sea by SkinnyDude(m): 2:18pm On Mar 24, 2016
zheroes:
I didn't need to read the entire story all i saw was they left benin, edo people and oversea be like mess and pants.....ghie aduwawa, ghie spain meaning see aduwawa( a place in benin) see spain, one of my cousins embarked on such a journey, going thru north Africa, he got stuck in mali, where he recalled eating only groundnuts for good 2 weeks, he sold most of his belongings , converted the money to dollars , stuck it in his asshole , but when he got to where the real bandits were, he was forced to defecate after much beating, and they collected his money. it was another benin guy that was able to call his brothers in Nigeria that wired money for their transportation which they later paid back, now he is doing really okay , married with kids, the problem we have in Nigeria we want overnight money, we lack patience, thereby making us lazy
how did he do that?? stocking cash into his azzhole
Re: How Nigerian Drowned In Mediterranean Sea by Nihilist: 2:18pm On Mar 24, 2016
Blood is thicker than water. And Family is EVERYTHING.

Respect to that senior bros. He did his duty
Re: How Nigerian Drowned In Mediterranean Sea by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:21pm On Mar 24, 2016
IF ONLY NIGERIA HAS CARING RESPONSIBLE LEADERS AND TRUSTED POLITICIANS AND NOT PEOPLE LIKE DASUKI, BADEH, GEJ, METUH, WIKE, AMAECHI, Tinubu, GBENGA DANIEL, ABACHA E.T.C PEOPLE WILL NOT ENDANGER THEIR LIVES TO GET TO EUROPE FOR SURVIVAL

2 Likes

Re: How Nigerian Drowned In Mediterranean Sea by fortune1968: 2:22pm On Mar 24, 2016
zheroes:
I didn't need to read the entire story all i saw was they left benin, edo people and oversea be like mess and pants.....ghie aduwawa, ghie spain meaning see aduwawa( a place in benin) see spain, one of my cousins embarked on such a journey, going thru north Africa, he got stuck in mali, where he recalled eating only groundnuts for good 2 weeks, he sold most of his belongings , converted the money to dollars , stuck it in his asshole , but when he got to where the real bandits were, he was forced to defecate after much beating, and they collected his money. it was another benin guy that was able to call his brothers in Nigeria that wired money for their transportation which they later paid back, now he is doing really okay , married with kids, the problem we have in Nigeria we want overnight money, we lack patience, thereby making us lazy
the migrants can afford to cross the mediternean sea paying 170,000 naira and above ,cant they start a busnesrs @ home wt that ?

1 Like

Re: How Nigerian Drowned In Mediterranean Sea by hillaryboykovic(m): 2:22pm On Mar 24, 2016
the risk that men do take....*shedding tears*
Re: How Nigerian Drowned In Mediterranean Sea by rhymaster: 2:24pm On Mar 24, 2016
amtaken:
Can't African leaders develop our continent so that people will stop taking this risk?

Yes, if perpetual wailers (look in the mirror) will support their country and leadership. Not focusing their lives on an IB president who spent 6 years of goat and yam theory only to wail on a president that is trying to bring the billions of dollars looted by the IB and his cohorts back home only to be castigated and derided by the wailers. You know you are one sha!

3 Likes

Re: How Nigerian Drowned In Mediterranean Sea by huntax(m): 2:24pm On Mar 24, 2016
Nairasurplus:
The best thing is to travel with a life jacket. That is all. If tne boat capsizes, will remain afloat.
Exactly... So easy to have saved their lives. I wonder how many people died in that boat. Common life jacket...
Re: How Nigerian Drowned In Mediterranean Sea by Lilimax(f): 2:25pm On Mar 24, 2016
Life is all about risk!
Re: How Nigerian Drowned In Mediterranean Sea by panini(m): 2:26pm On Mar 24, 2016
Really sad story.

How will you carry #170k to cross the Mediterranean sea on a boat, then live a life of hide and seek with immigration officers to become an underpaid second class citizen?

undecided

1 Like

Re: How Nigerian Drowned In Mediterranean Sea by chenero(m): 2:38pm On Mar 24, 2016
i always told myself i will never do anything illegal to travel abroad, it is very risky. a friend once tried it and landed in jail for close to ten years. his parents even thought he was dead only for him to resurfarce after ten years. i arrived germany by merit, i passed and interview and was sent to berlin for training.

3 Likes

Re: How Nigerian Drowned In Mediterranean Sea by stancod(m): 2:41pm On Mar 24, 2016
This is "Nigeria Titanic" movie

1 Like

Re: How Nigerian Drowned In Mediterranean Sea by pelefurniture: 2:45pm On Mar 24, 2016
Too bad the hustle is real embarassed
Re: How Nigerian Drowned In Mediterranean Sea by ijebu2020: 2:45pm On Mar 24, 2016
fpeter:
it's been more than 10yrs since we last heard from my uncle.
we think he embarked on the same kind of perilous journey.

You mean 10 good years since ur uncle follow that route to europe?? aaa unna family dey bad oooo unna for no allow him take such a trip, so whos going next?
Re: How Nigerian Drowned In Mediterranean Sea by ojimbo(m): 2:47pm On Mar 24, 2016
catchfun:

http://sunnewsonline.com/illegal-desert-journey-to-europe-how-nigerian-drowned-in-mediterranean-sea/
OP. sorry to correct reports . I read the article and this has been what I experienced and I know much story yo tell about the journey. first correction. The boat is not a speed boat and can never run faster than someone running on legs that's why the boat is refered to as "lampa lampa" which means slow slow. and second. The port at which they took off is called "Garabuli" and not "Ghana poli' anyway thank God for the survival. to be a man is not a day job. And to remind others who keep thinking that europe is the best place to be. 95% of those Nigerians that made it to europe are nothing but beggers on the streets of Europe and some Edo boys are just constuting nuisance on the streets out of frustration. Europe is good in rendering africans useless. so think before you embark on the journey. The risk is not worth it

5 Likes

Re: How Nigerian Drowned In Mediterranean Sea by Johnflavour(m): 2:49pm On Mar 24, 2016
Eyaaa very pathetic story.
Re: How Nigerian Drowned In Mediterranean Sea by martineinstein(m): 2:53pm On Mar 24, 2016
ojimbo:
and when they arrive. They begin to commit nuisance on the streets and everywhere. begging on the streets
exactly.... It's like starting all over again... It's takes them about 10 yrs to recover
Re: How Nigerian Drowned In Mediterranean Sea by catchfun: 3:04pm On Mar 24, 2016
ojimbo:
OP. sorry to correct you. I read the article and this has been what I experienced and I know much story yo tell about the journey. first correction. The boat is not a speed boat and can never run faster than someone running on legs that's why the boat is referee to as "lampa lampa" which means slow slow. and second. The port at which they took off is called "Garabuli" and not "Ghana poli' anyway thank God for the survival. to be a man is nog aby job. And to remind others who keep thinking that europe is the best place to be. 95% of those Nigerians that made it yo europe are nothing but beggers on the streets of Europe and some Edo boys are just constuting nuisance on the streets out of frustration. Europe is good in rendering africans useless. so think before you embark on the journey. The risk is not worth it
sorry to correct you tno, correct d source...sunnews
Re: How Nigerian Drowned In Mediterranean Sea by Nobody: 3:19pm On Mar 24, 2016
black men Smh
Re: How Nigerian Drowned In Mediterranean Sea by martineinstein(m): 3:22pm On Mar 24, 2016
ollah1:
Touching story. Very very touching. Osas should never forget the date. Hope it wasn't on a Monday.

In order news. R.I.P Johan Cruyff
this is very common amongst my kinsman... So bad that They won't lean from experience.

The successful ones will come back home, feeling like bill gates. Thus, giving the younger ones hope that it's easier in Europe

2 Likes

Re: How Nigerian Drowned In Mediterranean Sea by Pamelayoung: 3:25pm On Mar 24, 2016
If they can afford to pay 170k for their trip how much is life jacket. Rip to the dead.

1 Like

Re: How Nigerian Drowned In Mediterranean Sea by Nobody: 3:25pm On Mar 24, 2016
They left Benin which is very close to Warri where used life jackets are sold for peanuts.

Anyone embarking on such journey should purchase their own life jackets
Re: How Nigerian Drowned In Mediterranean Sea by honvalid(m): 3:33pm On Mar 24, 2016
May God help dis country.
Re: How Nigerian Drowned In Mediterranean Sea by Pamelayoung: 3:36pm On Mar 24, 2016
See what my country men have to go thru for bad leadership.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dangote Trailer Set On Fire In Delta After Killing Three People. Photos / Family Of 7 Rescued After Their Car Caught Fire While Travelling In Rivers. Pix / How Much Is Flight From Abuja To Enugu?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.