Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,223 members, 7,880,843 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:56 AM

Unpaid Salary Of 2014 Batch B's Corpers By Governor Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unpaid Salary Of 2014 Batch B's Corpers By Governor Wike (589 Views)

4 Women From Kebbi Children Home Given Out In Marriage By Governor Bagudu (Photo / Nimat Siaka Received By Governor Akeredolu Ahead Of Anti-Drug Abuse Exercise / Newly Built Ikeja Bus Terminal By Governor Ambode (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Unpaid Salary Of 2014 Batch B's Corpers By Governor Wike by puntmaniac: 2:00pm On Mar 24, 2016
So i heard Governor wike met with the corpers in Rivers State and informed them that he will increase the monthly payment from 5000naira to 10000 naira and will start paying from the current batch(2015 Batch A).

Governor wike claims he is meant to start paying from the batch he met as at the time he assumed office, which he claims to be 2015 batch A corpers. This is very interesting to me, reason being that:
1.I can vividly remember that Govenor wike's inauguration was on the 29th May, 2015 and the 2014 batch B Passing Out Parade (POP) was on the 2nd July 2015. So this overrides the "i didn't meet your batch" claim, because the sitting Governor is meant to approve the salary of the corpers passing out after serving the state for 12 good months;
2. 2014 Batch B corpers were actively involved in the election which made Gov wike the Governor of Rivers state. Its only 2014 batch b corpers that was appointed as the presiding officer and assistant presiding officer for Gubernatorial election in rivers state on the 11th April 2015. I can boldly say that 2015 batch B corpers saw to wike winning that election. But after the election all what was promised became an old tale for the gods;
3.I know a corper that was hospitalized for critical care due to the injury he sustained from the Gubernatorial election violence, the hospital bill was settled by the NYSC state coordinator, neither wike or dakuku did anything for this corper that risked his life for nothing while serving the nation in rivers state.
Its a pity that wike has forgotten how we helped him, only for him to pay us back with *koboko* of nonpayment of 2014 Batch B corpers. I just wish someone can remind him of our efforts. Shout out to all 2014 batch b corpers wey still dey wait for alert. I pray say we go sing God win someday.

cc:Lalastica Seun...

Re: Unpaid Salary Of 2014 Batch B's Corpers By Governor Wike by otokx(m): 2:21pm On Mar 24, 2016
Politicians and sweet mouth.

(1) (Reply)

Thread For Creation Of A New Political Party (youths) / Compelling Letter: Nnamdi Kanu’s Legal Counsel Writes To The British Government / INEC Please Pay Corpers Their Money For Rivers Re-run

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.