Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,724 members, 7,945,248 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 01:15 PM

Nigerians: Very Stupid People! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians: Very Stupid People! (8958 Views)

3 Tribe With Highest Number Of Touts And Stupid People. / Nigerians:very Stupid People! / Nigerians: Very Stupid People! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by beystwin: 10:33am On Aug 09, 2009
Thor:

LMAO grin grin

Seems you are at least one person that has listened and you would have not replied.

Nobody is trying to say that Nigerians are stupid full stop. There are of course many extremely well educated Nigerians, but as a % related to the whole population, the number is small.

Maybe we should change the name of this thread to : Nigerians: 45% are Illiterate and the rest have a low standard of education

Correction: I did not read the post. After reading the title, I immediately lost interest - I merely skimmed people's responses, which confirmed my impression that this is yet another thread designed to slander Nigeria.
I think your suggestion to change the title of the thread is great!
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by Thor(m): 10:41am On Aug 09, 2009
I think generally Nigerians make an excellent job of slandering themselves, no extra outside help is required in this respect!

We go back to the question 'who or what is a Nigerian?'

We all know that Nigeria is a British invention, a collection of fragmented tribes held together by a combined loathing for the word Nigeria and all it stands for  sad sad sad
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by beystwin: 10:54am On Aug 09, 2009
I don’t disagree with you. Insults aside, we probably have a similar opinion of Nigeria. It is the psychological impact of insults thrown about on message boards such as these, or even in casual conversations among Nigerians, which I am concerned about.
There are lots of Nigerians in the diaspora, some of whom have never been to Nigeria. Reading these insults will certainly not make them want to associate themselves with their home country. Or think of foreigners – would they want to visit Nigeria after reading all this negativity? What kind of image are we projecting of our country?
This is why I support Dora Akunyili – I totally agree with the idea of re-branding Nigeria. This is not to say that we should not talk about the flaws and problems in Nigeria. But we need to do this in a constructive manner! Constructive criticism leads to new ideas and solutions. Insults do not – on the contrary, they are extremely destructive and don’t produce anything positive.
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by sjeezy8: 1:42pm On Aug 09, 2009
Tsiya:

Why do u people think Hausa and Fulani people are the problem of this country. Havent you guys taken a look at yourself. Is it because of Umaru that u guys think we are the problem? What about Obasanjo? At a time when Obasanjo was the President, he persecuted his No2 (Hausa man), threw him out of office and he couldnt do anything. The senate president was from south, the head of police, army, NNPC, CBN are all from south. Does their hold on to power change anything in Nigeria?

Is it a Hausa Fulani that is a governor in Oyo, Ogun, Imo or Enugu? You guys should look in ward. Look at yourself. If your mouth is oozing bad smell why should you blame your neighbour for it.

You are missing the point i said the state of the country is being run by the PDP and influenced by the Elite north of sokoto. When i say the Hausa-fulani ELITE im talking about the people put in power. Abubakar isn't a hausa man hes fulani from the north east. The north west fulanis of sokoto have been in power and influence the politicians who run the country particularly the PDP. Obasanjo threw out abubakar when he was getting out of hand as they ousted, Abacha,Shagari, and even Abiola who funded their campaigns until he ran for presidency himself. The PDP knowingly campaign the most crooket ex military Governors in the south. The only states that aren't terrible are the states with no PDP governors.

Hausas and fulani PEOPLE aren't the problem the fulani Emir of Sokoto is and him being the supreme spiritual leader of 70 million people he has too much power. He and his emirs use religion to control the presidency, the mainly islamic army and of course the PDP.
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by cap28: 8:20pm On Aug 10, 2009
i think some people are missing the point - "education" does not necessarily make you intelligent - we like to pat ourselves on the back about how "educated" we are. has this so called education enabled us to prevent the destruction of our country at the hands of the hausa fulani oligarchy over the past 40 years.

we are greedy, selfish and have no long term vision - we are NOT a nation - look at the 3m innocent lives lost during the biafran civil war - history will continue to repeat itself as is happening now with the niger delta crisis - the white man is standing by watching us rape and murder our own people and they couldnt give a shit cos at the end of he day as long as they're still able to buy the oil at rock bottom prices thats all that matters to them.

when are we going to wake up

the hausa fulani oligarchy are lackeys and houseboys of the western powers, all the southern leaders that we have had are hand picked by this northern oligarchy they have the power to veto any southern leader that they dont want and this is how the country has been run and will continue to be run if there is no change.

the only way out of this mess now is secession. let each region go its own separate way - but my fear now is that the western powers will fight tooth and nail to stop this from happening as they did in the case of biafra they will continue to aid, abet and arm their hausa fulani collaborators until the oil dries up.
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by Kobojunkie: 8:31pm On Aug 10, 2009
cap28:

i think some people are missing the point - "education" does not necessarily make you intelligent - we like to pat ourselves on the back about how "educated" we are.

good point!!

cap28:

the white man is standing by watching us rape and murder our own people

Good observation!
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by ogajim(m): 3:23pm On Aug 11, 2009
Nigerians are stupid indeed!
Why should the "white man" help you? Is it in his interest to help you? If you can't help your self, there's nothing anybody can do to help you unless you make up your mind to get help, help your self. Folks talk abouthow old the UK, USA, Europe is as an excuse why Nigeria is still crawling but forget that these countries had milestones to celebrate by the time they were 48. We can't keep making excuses for these thieves we have as leaders, the people have got to step up like the Ondo folks did back in '83 when NPN tried to steal their mandate, MLK stated that those who stand for nothing will fall for anything, reminds you of Nigeria? I wonder which one of you will continue to support a son who is 49 and still can find his way

REVOLUTION!!!!!!
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by cap28: 7:57pm On Aug 11, 2009
ogajim

ill tell you why he should help us out of this mess because he has been responsible for setting in motion the following chain of events that have systematically destroyed our economy -  slavery, colonialism and now neo colonialism - furthermore he has collaborated with our nigerian kleptocrats to loot our economy by imposing huge imf and world bank loans on us with draconian conditions which have caused so much hardship to our people

we need him to cancel these imf/world bank loans that we are still tied to because in actual fact HE OWES US REPARATIONS for the years of  economic exploitation that we have been subjected to and are still being subjected to.

we also need him to  lift the conditionalities that stipulate that they only lend us money subject to us selling our oil at rock bottom prices which current  and previous corrupt regimes signed us up to and we need him to renegotiate  more equitable trade agreements with us so that we can start rebuilding the economy.
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by Kobojunkie: 8:09pm On Aug 11, 2009
cap28:

ogajim

ill tell you why he should help us out of this mess because he has been responsible for setting in motion the following chain of events that have systematically destroyed our economy - slavery, colonialism and now neo colonialism - furthermore he has collaborated with our nigerian kleptocrats to loot our economy by imposing huge imf and world bank loans on us with draconian conditions which have caused so much hardship to our people

Let me ask you a question here. If someone dumps you, do you blame the person for all the stupid mistakes you make after that as well? I mean that is essentially what you are saying above. You are saying without the british, Nigeria is HELPLESS or too STUPID to deal?

Collaborated with Nigerian Kleptocrats? How? The British is the reason why YOU continue to allow YOUR own politicians to LOOT while you sit in the corner with arms FOLDED praying for magic to come save you? Arrraaaghh!!!

cap28:

we need him to cancel these imf/world bank loans that we are still tied to because in actual fact HE OWES US REPARATIONS for the years of economic exploitation that we have been subjected to and are still being subjected to.

What IMF Loans? The above is so pathetic; I have to restrain myself here.

cap28:

we also need him to lift the conditionalities that stipulate that they only lend us money subject to us selling our oil at rock bottom prices which current and previous corrupt regimes signed us up to and we need him to renegotiate more equitable trade agreements with us so that we can start rebuilding the economy.

WOW!!!! This is too much bull !!! aaarrrggghhhh!!!
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by cap28: 8:44pm On Aug 11, 2009
kobojunkie

do you understand the meaning of the word neo colonialism because it seems from your ignorant response you dont the analogy that you have used of the relationship between someone who has been dumped and subsequent mistakes that they have gone on to make displays just how ignorant you are of nigeria's relationship with the west.

first of all nigeria was NEVER dumped by britain - as a matter of fact britain retained its economic hold over nigeria albeit by way of puppet leaders - do you seriously beleive that britain would give up an oil rich nation just because a few nationalists wanted independence - how naive of you to totally lack understanding of what realpolitiks is all about.

please snap out of your deluded state nigeria is "independent" in name only - it is too valuable a country to the west to be left alone.

for your information the current hausa fulani oligarchy are in power because they are backed by britain - they are armed by britain and they are consolidated in power by britain - yes it is up to us to remove them from power in order to stop the looting but are we willing to put ethnic differences aside and sacrifice our lives in order to acheive that objective because i can assure you that they will not go without a fight.

if you are unaware that we're still paying off imf loans then you're beyond help - to dismiss this is an indication of just how far behind you are in your understanding and knowledge of africa and its relationship with the west.
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by FowardEast(f): 9:37pm On Aug 11, 2009
Apparently not. They're the most educated group in the U.S.
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by Kobojunkie: 9:44pm On Aug 11, 2009
cap28:

kobojunkie

do you understand the meaning of the word neo colonialism because it seems from your ignorant response you dont the analogy that you have used of the relationship between someone who has been dumped and subsequent mistakes that they have gone on to make displays just how ignorant you are of nigeria's relationship with the west.

first of all nigeria was NEVER dumped by britain - as a matter of fact britain retained its economic hold over nigeria albeit by way of puppet leaders - do you seriously beleive that britain would give up an oil rich nation just because a few nationalists wanted independence - how naive of you to totally lack understanding of what realpolitiks is all about.

please snap out of your deluded state nigeria is "independent" in name only - it is too valuable a country to the west to be left alone.

for your information the current hausa fulani oligarchy are in power because they are backed by britain - they are armed by britain and they are consolidated in power by britain - yes it is up to us to remove them from power in order to stop the looting but are we willing to put ethnic differences aside and sacrifice our lives in order to acheive that objective because i can assure you that they will not go without a fight.

if you are unaware that we're still paying off imf loans then you're beyond help - to dismiss this is an indication of just how far behind you are in your understanding and knowledge of africa and its relationship with the west.

Roflmao!!!!

Insulting my person does not validate whatever point you apparently are desperately trying to make there. Again, the question is simple. What has Britain to do with Nigeria today? I know in your mind you are probably convinced that the reason you and yours are unable to enjoy Nigeria as most are able to enjoy theirs is because you are the first and ONLY colony Britain ever had. 

Sure, you can claim I don't understand the word and I will not bother fighting you there but again, the question stands. What has your past relationships with your ex to do with your present?
50 years later and you still have the nerve to blame your woes on your "SLAVE MASTER". If that is not a shame, I don't know what else is.
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by C2H5OH(f): 9:48pm On Aug 11, 2009
please stop insulting kobo's person lol
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by Agbotoba(m): 9:56pm On Aug 11, 2009
Thank God you are part of the stupid people.
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by C2H5OH(f): 10:01pm On Aug 11, 2009
;d
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by C2H5OH(f): 10:08pm On Aug 11, 2009
aren't you supposed to embrace your "nigerian--ness"
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by cap28: 12:02am On Aug 12, 2009
kobojunkie i apologise if i came across as rude but this is a very emotive topic and i get really angry when people fail to accept britain's culpability in nigeria's subsequent demise post independence.

britain has in its national archives, documents which remain classified until 2057 setting out britain's involvement in the rigging of the first elections which enabled the north to win and retain power. http://www.wsws.org/articles/2007/aug2007/nige

now the question is why dont they want us to see these documents? to my mind it must be because they have something to hide, therefore to dismiss britain's involvement and subsequent control over nigeria post independence would be a serious oversight.

i attach a link of an interview between a former us economist and the western media detailing how he used to collude with the US in order to impoverish various third world countries by lending them more money than they could ever afford to repay - nigeria is one of the countries he was involved with.
http://www.democracynow.org/2004/11/9/confessions_of_an_economic_hit_man

i also attach a link detailing the west's current plans for africa's natural resources

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=203853194&blogId=501185582
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by Kobojunkie: 12:35am On Aug 12, 2009
I am sorry dude but unless you can prove to me that the reason why we have no electricity, no good roads, terrible education system, is not because we continue to fold our arms blaming THEM while a small group continue to keep us as slaves in our own country, and rape our own children, but because the BRITISH made it so,you are just blowing crap to me.

Did the british make Yar adua governor of katsina for 8 years? Did the british make him president today? Why are you the only one complaining when countries around the world that are still UNDER british rule seem to be having it ok and are 100 times better than us?

All I see you doing is continue to offer the same old DISCONNECTED logic that many have for the situation in that country today. Ever notice that not all African countries use that EXCUSE to explain their incompetence, and those that do seem to among the worst performing, and we are fast heading to the top of that list?
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by Donblaze(m): 12:59am On Aug 12, 2009
its only a stupid nigerian would say nigerians are stupid cry
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by ogajim(m): 12:19pm On Aug 12, 2009
You are what you repeatedly do and Nigeria as a country has done STUPID things repeatedly QED.

Let no one make excuses for these incompetent fools we've had since independence, we sometimes are too smart for our own good and fields our 10th 11 most of the time due to GREED at the top.

Blame the west all you want, they didn't force you to take the deal, someone saw something for them in the deal and it didn't matter to them even if they were mortgaging the entire country for their own selfish interest.

Only God can really help that country not an alhaji who barely has time to focus on the affairs of the state or the lack of infrastructure after almost 50 years of running it by our selves.
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by Kobojunkie: 12:22pm On Aug 12, 2009
ogajim:

[size=14pt]You are what you repeatedly do and Nigeria as a country has done STUPID things repeatedly QED.[/size]

Let no one make excuses for these incompetent fools we've had since independence,

[size=14pt]Blame the west all you want, they didn't force you to take the deal,.[/size]

true words!!!!
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by MrCrackles(m): 12:24pm On Aug 12, 2009
ogajim:

You are what you repeatedly do and Nigeria as a country has done STUPID things repeatedly QED.
Let no one make excuses for these incompetent fools we've had since independence, we sometimes are too smart for our own good and fields our 10th 11 most of the time due to GREED at the top.
Blame the west all you want, they didn't force you to take the deal, someone saw something for them in the deal and it didn't matter to them even if they were mortgaging the entire country for their own selfish interest.
Only God can really help that country not an alhaji who barely has time to focus on the affairs of the state or the lack of infrastructure after almost 50 years of running it by our selves.

True talk. . . .
The highlighted bit sums it all up. . . grin
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by cap28: 10:33pm On Aug 12, 2009
kobojunkie

if i may go back to the analogy you used earlier of the relationship between two lovers - britain's relationship with nigeria pre independence was far from a loving one it was an exploitative one so i think it would be more appropriate to refer to it as a relationship between a love-vendor and a prostitute - the love-vendor would farm out the prostitute to do its bidding and the love-vendor wouldnt care how much harm or damage the prostitute sustained as long as the love-vendor was getting paid at the end of the day. the prostitute didnt care either because at least she was getting enough money to sustain her expensive crack habit it didnt matter that her physical and mental well being were going downhill in the process.

now the love-vendor realises that its actually safer for him to make himself less visible around the prostitute because the prostitute's relatives are beginning to realise that the relationship is extremely abusive and its having a knock on effect on them so the love-vendor decides to communicate with the prostitute by way of long distance phone calls only, PROVIDED the prostitute continues to do the love-vendor's bidding ie persecute and murder anyone who is a threat to the love-vendor's position, underdevelop the prostitutes country , destroy the economy, take on humungous loans which lead to humungous debt etc, whatever is bad for the country but good for the love-vendor's interests is fine - its called NEO COLONIALISM and despite not being as overtly detectable as colonialism is just as destructive.

the white man is not stupid - he needs natural resources and he knows he can get them on the cheap from the greedy, stupid black man (the prostitute) without having to go to war with him and losing the lives of his own people so this is an ingenious way around it.

the love-vendor (the white man) knows also that in a country like nigeria, people's loyalties are split along ethnic lines, he knows this because he shoved these disparate groups of people together knowing full well that they wouldnt be able to work together as a united country but that was okay because he had no intention of wanting them to work together, what he wanted was for them to fight each other because this would strengthen his position and he would be able to continue to play them off against each other (divide and rule)

3m innocent lives were lost in a needless war because of the treachery of the love-vendor (britain) he conspired with the prostitute (the north) who he felt was easier to control in order to rig the first elections and deny the rest of nigeria their rights as citizens in order to protect his interests (oil).

now to answer your question what has this got to do with the failure on the part of the nigerian govt to deliver education, healthcare , adequate standard of living to its people etc - well a lot, when i mentioned earlier that nigeria was still paying off money it borrowed from imf and world bank you didnt understand what i was talking about well these are some of the conditions that nigeria agreed to be bound by in order to qualify for these loans: cuts in public sector employment, cuts in social service spending such as education and health, currency devaluation, privatisation of public services by foreign private investors and all these dramatically lower the living standards of ordinary people.

despite this you will see that the north is still much more developed than the south even though the oil wealth does not come from that section of the country, the south on the other hand is a different story - take for instance Aba in Abia state - a cesspit of a town with terrible pot holed roads, disgusting rubbish heaps in town centres and dilapidated buildings, the place is like an open sewer but this is no coincidence who are the leaders of these southern towns - lapdogs and agents of the same oligarchy who have been handpicked as a result of their loyalty to their northern masters, these rogues and thugs who do not have the interests of their own people at heart are not the people's choice anyone who tries to bring about constructive change is either removed or hounded out of office for failing to stick to the northern oligarchies agenda of underdevelopment or non development of the south - that is the scenario in a nutshell. therefore change has to come from outside the oligarchy ie the grassroots, only a person who has no allegiance to the oligarchy and is able to TRANSCEND ethnicity as well as win the confidence of the people (no easy task in a multi ethnic nation) can genuinely deliver the people's mandate of justice and equality for all, NOT agents of the oligarchy.
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by kosovo(m): 10:36pm On Aug 12, 2009
THIS POSTER IS A PIG
what a waste
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by cap28: 10:55pm On Aug 12, 2009
kosovo

why am i a pig
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by RichyBlacK(m): 11:10pm On Aug 12, 2009
I'm a Nigerian and I have no qualms with the poster. We Nigerians are very stupid people!

We allow zombies to rule us, rig our elections and divide us and then complain like infants about how they steal all the money, but go on to praise the fools that commit all the crimes and embezzle all the money to enrich themselves.

What is stopping Nigerians from rising up and dealing with the criminals destroying our lives? how many are they? Pata pata 10,000 government-connected thieves. Can they stand 10 million angry youths driven by a common goal?

We are so STUPID that one fool will say "Aburo, why you dey join awon omo Ibo dey go fight wetin no concern you?" or another will say "Nwa ada, why you dey disturb ya self with nbgati nbgati Yoruba people dey fight mallams?", then all of a sudden, the ethnic animal in each of us comes out and all reason is discarded! The zombies in power will then laugh and continue to rubbish all of us.

Nigerians are indeed very stupid people - 100% in agreement with that statement!
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by Thor(m): 9:03am On Aug 13, 2009
RichyBlacK:

I'm a Nigerian and I have no qualms with the poster. We Nigerians are very stupid people!

We allow zombies to rule us, rig our elections and divide us and then complain like infants about how they steal all the money, but go on to praise the fools that commit all the crimes and embezzle all the money to enrich themselves.

What is stopping Nigerians from rising up and dealing with the criminals destroying our lives? how many are they? Pata pata 10,000 government-connected thieves. Can they stand 10 million angry youths driven by a common goal?

We are so STUPID that one fool will say "Aburo, why you dey join awon omo Ibo dey go fight wetin no concern you?" or another will say "Nwa ada, why you dey disturb ya self with nbgati nbgati Yoruba people dey fight mallams?", then all of a sudden, the ethnic animal in each of us comes out and all reason is discarded! The zombies in power will then laugh and continue to rubbish all of us.

Nigerians are indeed very stupid people - 100% in agreement with that statement!

I am in 100% total agreement with you!
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by 9jii(m): 9:32am On Aug 13, 2009
How can you said that over 120m people of all ages and some are respectful on many bases.JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE IN NYC.
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by Thor(m): 9:49am On Aug 13, 2009
9jii.:

How can you said that over 120m people of all ages and some are respectful on many bases.JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE IN NYC.

Wow, yet another person signing up for another account to spam the forum with

Why dont you post under your normal addy?
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by naso2(m): 11:20am On Aug 13, 2009
I  have enjoyed cap28 and kobojunkie so far. I think   a  honest synthesis of your views will better capture the Nigerian scenario and help forge a new direction. To my mind your points are not mutually exclusive as you guys would want it.

Cap28’s point is purely in line with the dependency school in economic development where resources flow from a "periphery" of poor and underdeveloped states to a "core" of wealthy states, enriching the latter at the expense of the former. It is evident that this cannot thrive without the help of  local collaborators .

We all know that economic interest was/is key to all that the British did (and still doing) in Nigeria. From the sizing  of regions to revenue sharing formula, and  the civil war.

However,  kobojunkie’s point makes it clear that we have to take responsibility and move on.

If we must tell ourselves the truth there are  lots of problems we are faced with that are self inflicted. Hence a sincere way to start will be to sort these ones out first and see what is left.
Re: Nigerians: Very Stupid People! by Avalon591: 2:09pm On Mar 07
Why do some of this horrible things happen in Nigeria?
Reply: "No idea".

Well, let me break it to you: One thing i have noticed in Nigeria is that, suffering has become a normal thing.
Yup! I didn't stutter, you heared it right.

So us being stupid is not wrong, why? becase most of us hide under the guise of, "nobody is perfect", and wait for calamity to befall us, then we will have no choice but to realize it the hard way.

I know other countries have thier challenges, but that should not be an excuse we should keep repeating over and over again.

I know a good life can't be easily found without effort. (Maybe if you are lucky).

Another proplem we have in this country is that, most of our leaders are short-sighted. They only see the immediate gains while ignoring possible consequences, after all there are not the ones bearing them, so why should they care.

I am tired of being afraid of the unknown, and i have learnt that you can't run from your future.

TRYING TO CONTROL YOUR DESTINY IS ALSO DESTINY.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pen Robbery: A Societal Evil / Anambra Politics: Man Accused Of Rape In Topmost Contest To Be A Lawmaker / Vice President Yemi Osinbajo Is 64 Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.