Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,184 members, 7,967,352 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 04:49 PM

When Will Insults/tribalism End In Nairaland - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Will Insults/tribalism End In Nairaland (1091 Views)

No End In Sight For Insurgency — Borno Residents / Niger Delta Amnesty Due To End In December- Buhari / How Buhari's Tenure Will End In 2019! (Written 2015) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Will Insults/tribalism End In Nairaland by lannre(m): 7:25am On Jul 25, 2009
[b]I believe most Nairalanders should be bewtween 18-50 years or18-40.But why the insults and Tribalism all the time on salients issues that needs intellectual discussion,cant we all move away from the intrigues of the past ,cant we for once reason that tribalism is not Nigerian problem-imagine our "ELDERS" in Lagos warning MENDS because of Atlas Bombing,and we all think they are  fighting for us because they are sincere,i am asking when last did they ask the House of Assembly(both State and federal) why many of us are wandering after many years of leaving the University,when did they ask for restoration of our Darling Nation glory,the cocoa harvest,the palm oil favour,the groundnut pyramid, when did call an emergency meeting to reject the disgraceful electoral system. Obama was in Ghana,they did not receive any message from that , all is well ? Please let us think like a Nigerians and stop this for God sake,Elites are twins or rather call them Siamese Twins they only get separated when there is conflict of interest. They think tribalism when they wanted to use the masses.[/b]
Re: When Will Insults/tribalism End In Nairaland by blacksta(m): 7:49am On Jul 25, 2009
I hereby submit a private members bill to amend the  SeunOsewa/Nairaland Constitution on tribal/Insult act of section 1 paragraph sub section 34

" Immediate ban for any Id involved in this offence and the need for a second or third moderator like other sections"

I hope my fellow honourable colleagues will support this motion and allow the speedy passage of the bill .
Re: When Will Insults/tribalism End In Nairaland by Tudor6(f): 8:19am On Jul 25, 2009
The politics section is fast becoming tribalistic. Every new thread pits one tribe against another. Where is the damn moderator?
Re: When Will Insults/tribalism End In Nairaland by blacksta(m): 8:23am On Jul 25, 2009
Moderator is part time -
Re: When Will Insults/tribalism End In Nairaland by puskin: 9:03am On Jul 25, 2009
Ehen!!
But Seun is full-time
Re: When Will Insults/tribalism End In Nairaland by NegroNtns(m): 9:27am On Jul 25, 2009
Thank you Honorable Blacksta. Mr Chairman, I have reviewed the bill submitted by the Honorable and move to return the proposal to sub committee for a full review before it is brought to the floor for a vote. I defer my remaining time on the clock back to the Honorable from West Thurrock. grin

Lannre has a very good point and should be discussed passionately. . . but giving more powers to the moderators makes me uncomfortable. I'd prefer they get more room for discretion instead.
Re: When Will Insults/tribalism End In Nairaland by SamMilla1(m): 10:32am On Jul 25, 2009
Tribalism in Nigeria will never stop as long as the North believes they were born to rule.
Re: When Will Insults/tribalism End In Nairaland by adigun101: 11:29am On Jul 25, 2009
I think we there should a detribalised section on NL.
Re: When Will Insults/tribalism End In Nairaland by samparian(m): 12:04pm On Jul 25, 2009
All in favour of the motion moved by honourable Blacksta say "aye"

i'm in total support
Re: When Will Insults/tribalism End In Nairaland by banom(m): 12:25pm On Jul 25, 2009
I dont know of tribalism,but i know that insult will stop when that rat called tipia is crushed completly.

all in support say yea
Re: When Will Insults/tribalism End In Nairaland by samparian(m): 12:46pm On Jul 25, 2009
banom you don start
Re: When Will Insults/tribalism End In Nairaland by dominique(f): 1:41pm On Jul 25, 2009
@topic

when will insults/tribalism/discrimination end in Nairaland?
prolly when seun osewa pulls the plug and shut down the site. . . dont hold your breaths wink
Re: When Will Insults/tribalism End In Nairaland by manmustwac(m): 2:19pm On Jul 25, 2009
It will never end. Its a reflection of our society
Re: When Will Insults/tribalism End In Nairaland by macIB(m): 2:29pm On Jul 25, 2009
It will never end. Its a reflection of our society

You are absolutely right my broda. Nigeria is a divided nation and that is what we see on here!
Re: When Will Insults/tribalism End In Nairaland by Afam(m): 2:52pm On Jul 25, 2009
@topic,

People commit offenses based on the applicable punishments.

So, unless the forum is ready and willing to ban anyone using the forum to spread hate or incite racism or tribal supremacy nothing is going to change.

There should be zero tolerance to such but I doubt if the forum will do this considering the fact that the major reason for this forum as it stands today is the money it generates for the owner via google adsense program.

It is shame that in spite of the many problems in this country that need intellectual discussions and contributions on how to tackle them one is forced to read all manner of hate filled threads on this forum.
Re: When Will Insults/tribalism End In Nairaland by desgiezd(m): 4:29pm On Jul 25, 2009
I have said this over and over again on NL but there are some people here who would steer even threads where issues are supposed to be debated intelligently towards hate and tribalism. Whenever such people utter a sentence, 75% of that sentence would be insult or tribal sentiments or a fussion of the two. I wont be surprised if this thread heads the same direction before page one becomes full.

I guess the time has come for us as Nigerians to let go of tribalism and forge ahead as a one united nation or allow tribalism to continue to stunt the growh of this nation until it disappears and everyone goes to his/her tent.

Enough is just enough!!
Re: When Will Insults/tribalism End In Nairaland by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 25, 2009
banom:

I dont know of tribalism,but i know that insult will stop when that rat called tipia is crushed completly.

all in support say yea

your mother, father, and entire lineage are rats, hyenas and parasitic bloodsucking worms.

Your own gene pool consists of all the above and includes some shit eating baboons.

Your life don spoil long time- and your uselessness can never end.

Mention my name again in this place and see if shit will not enter your mouth.

e no go better for your papa. bastard of no known family.
Re: When Will Insults/tribalism End In Nairaland by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 25, 2009
@ topic

tribalism and insults must not end in Nigeria and on Nairaland.

Let anyone who chop belleful and has a stomach full of ganja, bring it on.
Re: When Will Insults/tribalism End In Nairaland by Beaf: 4:44pm On Jul 25, 2009
Damn! shocked shocked shocked
Re: When Will Insults/tribalism End In Nairaland by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 25, 2009
Beaf, dont let me get on your case, plz.

Consider this a warning. Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.
Re: When Will Insults/tribalism End In Nairaland by spikedcylinder: 4:55pm On Jul 25, 2009
Sam Milla:

Tribalism in Nigeria will never stop as long as the North believes they were born to rule.

The irony in this statement eh? Na die.
Re: When Will Insults/tribalism End In Nairaland by asha80(m): 5:01pm On Jul 25, 2009
As usual nigerians trying to wish away a problem.
Re: When Will Insults/tribalism End In Nairaland by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 25, 2009
asha 80:

As usual nigerians trying to wish away a problem.

come- how far with your citizenship application where you are?

Hope they can speed up the process and get you and your annoying utterances off people's backs?
Re: When Will Insults/tribalism End In Nairaland by Beaf: 5:13pm On Jul 25, 2009
tpia.:

Beaf, dont let me get on your case, plz.

Consider this a warning. Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.

Damn! shocked shocked shocked

tpia! Why are you looking for a fight? This thread is about peace and respect on NL. So please, I am begging; don't get on my case. She ogbo?
I support 100%, the banning for all disruptive members, not just tribalistic ones.
The sad thing is that disruption defines NL.
Re: When Will Insults/tribalism End In Nairaland by samparian(m): 5:15pm On Jul 25, 2009
@tpia
take am easy abeg. no be fight
Re: When Will Insults/tribalism End In Nairaland by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 25, 2009
once again, fools rush in where angels fear to tread.
Re: When Will Insults/tribalism End In Nairaland by samparian(m): 5:28pm On Jul 25, 2009
tpia, chill.
haba, we are on your side.

i was the first to condemn banom when he made the statement that got you angry.
Re: When Will Insults/tribalism End In Nairaland by mustafar1: 5:30pm On Jul 25, 2009
insults would end when people decide to communicate without the use of insults. as per tribalism, it would end when we stop referring to people as alimajiri, omo ibo, Yoruba Yoruba, omo nna, etc etc. and assuming every female with big behind must be yoruba and every male dat is black must be hausa, that anyone who chews kolanut must be . . . .

because someones view nagates yours you decide to teach the person a leson by throwing insults
Re: When Will Insults/tribalism End In Nairaland by asha80(m): 5:36pm On Jul 25, 2009
What happens in nairaland is what happens in nigeria unless we feel nigeria is devoid of people throwing insults and tribalism.I would have been suprised if the these things did not occur in nairaland.
Re: When Will Insults/tribalism End In Nairaland by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 25, 2009
samparian:

tpia, chill.
haba, we are on your side.

i was the first to condemn banom when he made the statement that got you angry.

I dont normally want anyone to feel they're "on my side", thank you.

Banom has some issues he wants to take up with me.

Anytime the transgendered is ready , he should spell it out in plain English here.

He will return[b] in agony [/b] to the people he's fronting for, I can assure him of that.

His helpers should also be on standby for the great jihad. Them go see wetin soap dey take do eye.
Re: When Will Insults/tribalism End In Nairaland by Tudor6(f): 5:57pm On Jul 25, 2009
They've been deceiving some people that they're Arnold Schwaznegger. . . .i laugh!
Re: When Will Insults/tribalism End In Nairaland by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 25, 2009
laugh very well.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram - On A Lighter Note / Here Is The Whole Truth Behind The Legality Of The New Cjn / Yar’adua's Return

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.