Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,389 members, 7,881,408 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:52 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (281) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1297512 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (1226) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by peteregwu(m): 3:11am On Apr 15, 2013
guys i have finally changed my windows laptop language from norwagian to english. passed through much stress. thank God i succeeded. have to use regedit to change the Language Registry Key values. then i had to reinstal windows sp2 with english, then with sp3 english. it finally worked.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by albacete(m): 6:29am On Apr 15, 2013
skydancer:

The important information here is that you were browsing when you plugged your phone and it possibly tried to install a driver which crashed your PC. Because your hard disk operations was interrupted by the BlueScreen you need to check for errors to ensure all indexes are still correct and correct them if 'broken'.

Have you checked for the errors? Does it continue to repeat this error? If yes, at what point?

One apparent solution I can already see is starting in safe mode. However system restore should be able to fix the problem as well.

PS: Also post the OS you are using and the phone.

it is a Zinox machine running on Windows 7 OS and i am using a nokia E5.
I have tried to start it on safe mode but it does not load all d Windows files, it hangs @ a point.
How do i do this?

.... you need to check for errors to ensure all indexes are still correct and correct them if 'broken'.

Have you checked for the errors?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 7:36am On Apr 15, 2013
albacete:
it is a Zinox machine running on Windows 7 OS and i am using a nokia E5.
I have tried to start it on safe mode but it does not load all d Windows files, it hangs @ a point.
How do i do this?

Ok, you need to try Directory Services Restore Mode and Last Known Good Configuration. The first one will check your disk for errors if it is marked 'dirty'. The second one should use the registry setting that worked last. Try this and get back to us.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by albacete(m): 8:39am On Apr 15, 2013
skydancer:

Ok, you need to try Directory Services Restore Mode and Last Known Good Configuration. The first one will check your disk for errors if it is marked 'dirty'. The second one should use the registry setting that worked last. Try this and get back to us.

where do i get that? D Directory Services Restore Mode and Last Known Good Configuration.

D only option i see is Start Windows Normally and something like Startup Repair Recommended (which i have tried using to boot it but it has taken up to 2 hours yet it is still checking for problems). Should i cancel d Startup Repair?

Sorry i couldn't get a clearer picture

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 2:18pm On Apr 15, 2013
albacete:

where do i get that? D Directory Services Restore Mode and Last Known Good Configuration.

D only option i see is Start Windows Normally and something like Startup Repair Recommended (which i have tried using to boot it but it has taken up to 2 hours yet it is still checking for problems). Should i cancel d Startup Repair?

Sorry i couldn't get a clearer picture
Sorry, I assume you should know since you could start with Safe Mode. You get it by pressing F8. Did you finish the startup repair? It should also do the disk check like the Directory Services Restore Mode. So if you finish and it's not working properly still, then try the Last Known Good Configuration or altneratively perform a system restore via the Startup Repair.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by albacete(m): 2:47pm On Apr 15, 2013
skydancer:
Sorry, I assume you should know since you could start with Safe Mode. You get it by pressing F8. Did you finish the startup repair? It should also do the disk check like the Directory Services Restore Mode. So if you finish and it's not working properly still, then try the Last Known Good Configuration or altneratively perform a system restore via the Startup Repair.
It couldn't complete, the Startup Repair.
Maybe i will just buy a new copy of Windows 7 OS
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 3:18pm On Apr 15, 2013
albacete:
either the os is corrupt or the hard drive..that inbuilt os repair tool may not be able to help if its a bad sector problem(its really not somthing i advise u do on ur own;its technical)..besides,there is no need to buy new copy of win7 os...u can call me on 08061679732(i can help repair the os or d hard drive) or simply call an expert nearest to u...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 3:55pm On Apr 15, 2013
albacete:
Have you tried the aforementioned methods or are you tired of trying? At this stage the disk check should be complete and you should be using the System Restore, choose the startup repair option when booting, and if it shows automatic fix of startup cancel and use other options, then select system restore and choose a date that your PC was working properly.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by albacete(m): 6:56pm On Apr 15, 2013
skydancer:
Have you tried the aforementioned methods or are you tired of trying? At this stage the disk check should be complete and you should be using the System Restore, choose the startup repair option when booting, and if it shows automatic fix of startup cancel and use other options, then select system restore and choose a date that your PC was working properly.
ok. will get back to u.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kanny1(m): 12:40pm On Apr 16, 2013
kanny1: I have a challenge wit my
hp 6735s laptop on windows 7. Last
month i connected an mtn fastlink
modem to update my avira antivirus.
D update was supposed 2 b arund
40mb bt d download kept goin up to
abt 50mb so i abruptly stopped it.
Used it d nxt day n it suddenly hung.
Tried 2 start bt hang at 'startin
windows'. Launch safe mode bt 'll
hang at classpnp.sys. Tried evrytin
bt still d same. I used a restore cd
only 2 discover it's a linux cd after
installing it. Access 2 my bios set up
requests 4 password wich i cant
remember. I gav d system to an
engr to fix n told him to remove d
linux without affectin d files i saved
on d hard disk bt he says he cant c
any file. Dat d linux has wiped
everytin off. okay i nw asked him to
reformat n let me ve d system then
he told me dat d system crashes
anytime he wants 2 format it. Dat d
board overheats because of fan prob
thereby preventin him. This neva
happened b4. I dont want to loose d
files i saved on d hard disk. Pls
advice me.
This is my case @sameolg616. I called u today.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by segun23(m): 1:03pm On Apr 16, 2013
my pc cant open any o.s again i need hlp pls
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Input(m): 2:28pm On Apr 16, 2013
please is there anyone on skype here?

for the past 1month my skype have refuse to open......i want to know if it is a general problem or just the fault of my system and if there is anything i can do to make it open again
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 3:20pm On Apr 16, 2013
segun23: my pc cant open any o.s again i need hlp pls

Hmmm what a funny error message, 1stly what was the last situation your hard disk was ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by planet4sure(m): 3:41pm On Apr 16, 2013
My acer mini always freeze and switch off on its own.pls wat could be the cause?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Slim101(m): 12:42am On Apr 17, 2013
Pls do you have an idea of how I can fix a brand new BB Playbook that just hung on update screen? Even if it switches off, it goes back to same screen whenever it's switched back on. I have tried the hard- reset (power button + volume -,+) but it still doesn't work. Thanks for your anticipated reply.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 3:46am On Apr 17, 2013
Slim101: Pls do you have an idea of how I can fix a brand new BB Playbook that just hung on update screen? Even if it switches off, it goes back to same screen whenever it's switched back on. I have tried the hard- reset (power button + volume -,+) but it still doesn't work. Thanks for your anticipated reply.
I cant comprehend the part 'hang on update screen' were you trying to update the firmware when it got stucked and will not update? or whats your idea of the update screen?

where is your location anyways?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by femi4: 7:16am On Apr 17, 2013
Input: please is there anyone on skype here?

for the past 1month my skype have refuse to open......i want to know if it is a general problem or just the fault of my system and if there is anything i can do to make it open again
Check your firewall for restriction. Above all, uninstall the version on your system and reinstall with the latest version.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Input(m): 9:15am On Apr 17, 2013
femi4: Check your firewall for restriction. Above all, uninstall the version on your system and reinstall with the latest version.
my firewall is on.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Slim101(m): 9:34am On Apr 17, 2013
adewasco2k:
I cant comprehend the part 'hang on update screen' were you trying to update the firmware when it got stucked and will not update? or whats your idea of the update screen?

where is your location anyways?

When doing the initial set up, it got to update firmware page and it got stuck. Hope u get my explanation now? this is the page below.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 11:29am On Apr 17, 2013
Slim101:

When doing the initial set up, it got to update firmware page and it got stuck. Hope u get my explanation now? this is the page below.

what you need:
-cable
-internet
-blackberry desktop manager installed

1) turn OFF the PlayBook completely
2) On your Computer startup Blackberry Desktop Manager, Make sure you have an Internet connection.
3) connect PC to PlayBook by USB
4) PlayBook will startup
5) Blackberry Desktop Manager will ask if you want to re-install OS, click YES
6) Blackberry Desktop Manager will install the current official OS

if you still hvaing problems after this....i will give you a contact in Lagos, he will do it for you, may be for free, cant guarantee that though
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hayubee(m): 12:11pm On Apr 17, 2013
How much does a dstv walker 7 cost ? Nd 500gb harddisc 4 lappi nd a 2gb ram for lappi tanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by femi4: 1:33pm On Apr 17, 2013
Input:
my firewall is on.
i never asked if its ON/OFF, though its should be ON by default but check if its settings prevents execution of skype
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 3:00pm On Apr 17, 2013
hayubee: How much does a dstv walker 7 cost ? Nd 500gb harddisc 4 lappi nd a 2gb ram for lappi tanks
whats your pc model? There is different types of ram u know
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 3:05pm On Apr 17, 2013
kanny1: kanny1: I have a challenge wit my
hp 6735s laptop on windows 7. Last
month i connected an mtn fastlink
modem to update my avira antivirus.
D update was supposed 2 b arund
40mb bt d download kept goin up to
abt 50mb so i abruptly stopped it.
Used it d nxt day n it suddenly hung.
Tried 2 start bt hang at 'startin
windows'. Launch safe mode bt 'll
hang at classpnp.sys. Tried evrytin
bt still d same. I used a restore cd
only 2 discover it's a linux cd after
installing it. Access 2 my bios set up
requests 4 password wich i cant
remember. I gav d system to an
engr to fix n told him to remove d
linux without affectin d files i saved
on d hard disk bt he says he cant c
any file. Dat d linux has wiped
everytin off. okay i nw asked him to
reformat n let me ve d system then
he told me dat d system crashes
anytime he wants 2 format it. Dat d
board overheats because of fan prob
thereby preventin him. This neva
happened b4. I dont want to loose d
files i saved on d hard disk. Pls
advice me.
This is my case @sameolg616. I called u today.
i still await ur guy to bring the laptop..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by OLADO(m): 4:19pm On Apr 17, 2013
Good day. Recently my laptop shows blue screen and restarts which can just occur during a movie playback. Now I also discover the pc won't hibernate. It keeps returning to the logon screen. Wat can be done to correct dis issue? Awaiting responses. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:25pm On Apr 17, 2013
OLADO: Good day. Recently my laptop shows blue screen and restarts which can just occur during a movie playback. Now I also discover the pc won't hibernate. It keeps returning to the logon screen. Wat can be done to correct dis issue? Awaiting responses. Thanks

What is your system configuration?

A corrupt registry is imminent in this your case. Uninstall the media player you are using in playing the video and download ccleaner and clean up your registry. If after that you're still experiencing the problem try to do a system restore to the period when things work perfectly. If you don have system restore point then insert your CD and do a system repair(PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU SAVED YOUR IMPORTANT FILES TO A SAFE PLACE OR EXTERNAL DRIVE BEFORE DOING THE SYSTEM REPAIR).
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Slim101(m): 5:04pm On Apr 17, 2013
adewasco2k:

what you need:
-cable
-internet
-blackberry desktop manager installed

1) turn OFF the PlayBook completely
2) On your Computer startup Blackberry Desktop Manager, Make sure you have an Internet connection.
3) connect PC to PlayBook by USB
4) PlayBook will startup
5) Blackberry Desktop Manager will ask if you want to re-install OS, click YES
6) Blackberry Desktop Manager will install the current official OS

if you still hvaing problems after this....i will give you a contact in Lagos, he will do it for you, may be for free, cant guarantee that though

Thanks bro. I'll try as u say when d client brings it back. But can u give me the contact too so I won't have to disturb you incase it doesn't work. Thanks brov. Here's my PIN sir if u don't mind: 238D045A
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Input(m): 5:38pm On Apr 17, 2013
femi4: i never asked if its ON/OFF, though its should be ON by default but check if its settings prevents execution of skype
thanks man.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by visalat(m): 8:01pm On Apr 17, 2013
You must have been hearing about the MTN MAGIC SIM CARD!, this Sim Card works like magic!
No proxy required
No need for software
No need for VPN
No need to subscribe for MTN BIS
No hidden charges,
No bandwidth limit
No expiring date
NOTE: This package on how to provision your MTN SIM CARD for MTN MAGIC SIM CARD is not free and you can never find this package for free, even if you search online, you will be suprise to see shocking price this package goes for, so if you don’t know what to do with the internet, please don't just bother replying and don’t order for this package. This package is meant for only those that know the value of the internet and want to take advantage of this by browsing unlimitedly with no data limits.

Requirements

1. Any MODEM that works with MTN Sim Card

2. Your PC, Mobile or Laptop

3. 3G network in your locality

3. Get a complete Pack of the CONFIGURATION GUIDE on how to set up this unique browsing technique!

Benefits

You can make alot of money provisioning or configuring SIM Cards for others
You can also sell the configuration guide to other subscribers
Its unique, fast, unlimited browsing, unlimited download, extremely fast, stream online videos, skype calls and lot of more..
No expiry date for this package, you will just be browsing like that
No Data Limit
Network can be used in a cyber cafe I.E Can be shared between 2-10 computers or more
Has a very high speed of 7.2Mb/secs
Powers every application on your computer, Andriod, symbian and java phones

This package can be gotten @ our site http:// gatewayvpn.com/tweak.php now by going to the BUY NOW PAGE.

If you prefer to order without going through the site contact our agents on 08030981624 or 08154057285 for bank payment.
BBM PIN: 23467F17

Thank You.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by peteregwu(m): 9:24pm On Apr 17, 2013
pls guys help. my laptop is always showing white screen whenever i put on. thier is no display of windows vista or home screen, the screen is just white screen without any image. what do i do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 11:55pm On Apr 17, 2013
And what is it supposed to show?

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chalon: 11:58pm On Apr 17, 2013
Plz gurus help me unlock my zte mf190 modem imei: 866840015280029 EAN:6934933033689 :' (Please maile me charles7572@hotmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (1226) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.