Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,070 members, 7,939,303 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 10:42 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (361) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1325875 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (1231) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Leward(m): 12:37pm On Oct 31, 2013
Why am i being ignored na
Leward: Pls guys, about two days ago i tethered my laptop's wifi with dat of a friends phone and since then i've been unable to swith off my wifi, it always says 'couldn't switch off wifi' what does this mean and what can i do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ritz9: 1:49pm On Oct 31, 2013
my system does not connect wit my etisalat network. my mb reads but i cant browse. it says d (dsn) is not connectin wit d server.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Timdgurl(f): 3:08pm On Oct 31, 2013
Gud day, everyone. I v got problems with a disc. I asked a friend to send a season film to me and he sent it through a disc. D disc's memory was over 4 gig, so after copying d film, i decided to delete it n copy other films but it wasn't deleting. So i decided to format but after formattin, though d file was no longer there, d memory was not freed. i formatted again n now, it's sayin 0 bytes free of 4gig n THERE IS NO FILE ON IT. Pls help about dis. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Illuminatus(m): 3:16pm On Oct 31, 2013
brightk:

oga sir.. i sim not 2 understand ur statement.. if i can decode u correctly u want 2 4mat ur lappy.. btw wat medium are u using.. usb flash, internal cdrom or external or LAN.....

d only way u can be prevented from 4matting ur system is if u have a bad medium u want 2 use 2 install (installation files bin corrupt) and if ur bios has a password up 2 d level @ which u cant select a bootable medium
The thing is that every time I start to format the computer, it will show starting setup. Then after sometime, it will say that the process couldn't be continued because the application was denied access to some installation files.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sapienman(m): 4:18pm On Oct 31, 2013
sapienman: Hello,
Here's the problem with my pc.
After turning it on, before booting, it shows a page with options 'Repair' and 'Start Windows normally.
After choosing either of them, it shows a window that says the pc has some errors and asks if I want to repair it. If I click 'Repair,' it shows a window that says 'Repairing windows.' It continues for hours without any difference. Please what shall I do?
It's a small hp netbook, with intel atom problemrocessor.

Hello deji2009, after I posted this question last week, you put me through on how to do a system restore in safe mode.
Well, I did that but when the system restarted there was no difference. Till now, it has the same issues! Also, on starting the system, it says the power of the battery is weak.
What do I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Timdgurl(f): 4:31pm On Oct 31, 2013
Sm1 shud help with d disc ish naaa
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 4:41pm On Oct 31, 2013
Tim d gurl: Gud day, everyone. I v got problems with a disc. I asked a friend to send a season film to me and he sent it through a disc. D disc's memory was over 4 gig, so after copying d film, i decided to delete it n copy other films but it wasn't deleting. So i decided to format but after formattin, though d file was no longer there, d memory was not freed. i formatted again n now, it's sayin 0 bytes free of 4gig n THERE IS NO FILE ON IT. Pls help about dis. Thanks in anticipation.

Sorry dear mostly discs are not like your normal memory stick or flash drives, there are different type of disc.

from your information the disc is a DVD disc so there are majorly two types

1. Recordable DVD drive : how to identify it you will see DVD-R or DVD+R and can only have data burned on them once
2. Rewritable DVD disc : how to identify it you will see DVD-RW or DVD+RW and can be used over and over again

so if you have the recordable you can not copy any thing on it again if its actually a rewritable disc then maybe it is damaged if not you should be able to format it and copy another movie on it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsammi(m): 5:57pm On Oct 31, 2013
temmyplayboy: Gurus in d house,pls how can l restore recovery partion on hp laptop?
aw did you loose the partition? It cnt be restored xcpt if u have done/have the recovery media(eg dvds) then jux use it to boot the pc and do restore factory settings. mind u it will format the system so do ur backup
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 6:42pm On Oct 31, 2013
Illuminatus:
The thing is that every time I start to format the computer, it will show starting setup. Then after sometime, it will say that the process couldn't be continued because the application was denied access to some installation files.
Get another cd...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:30pm On Oct 31, 2013
sapienman:

Hello deji2009, after I posted this question last week, you put me through on how to do a system restore in safe mode.
Well, I did that but when the system restarted there was no difference. Till now, it has the same issues! Also, on starting the system, it says the power of the battery is weak.
What do I do?

That's correct ! I would advise you take back to factory settings, all data will be lost
if you don't have anything to backup restart it and make sure laptop is plugged to source as
the process can take 45 minutes or longer. Then keep pressing f11 to start recovery manager
system recovery no backup then follow the instructions to finish.

Make sure no usb or anything attached before doing the recovery. This is the easiest solution for you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ddjay: 7:41pm On Oct 31, 2013
hi my system hangs alot when in use cpu hardly gets upto 20% but ram is 90% and above.its 100gig and free space is 46gig.i deleted all music and videos, dont multitask (browse only).pls what do you advice i do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Illuminatus(m): 9:08pm On Oct 31, 2013
brightk: Get another cd...
I got two. But it was still the same thing. The computer says the same thing when I want to uninstall a program.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:15pm On Oct 31, 2013
My brothers am back again ooooo, please help me what should i do, my dvd drive is no longer ejecting, i rarely place cd/dvd on my lappy, so i just bought a software and when i wanna instal it, bamnnnn it no longer ejects cry cry cry cry cry. am hoping for a quick reply thanks techiesss

make una help me pls
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by yinkeys(m): 9:21pm On Oct 31, 2013
Who can help me regain access to my twitter acct cuz it's bn hacked for about a year & I miss twitter so much. I didn't add m number when creating d acct & d email I used too has bn deactivated by yahoo. Who cud help me hack my account back
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 10:48pm On Oct 31, 2013
dd_jay: hi my system hangs alot when in use cpu hardly gets upto 20% but ram is 90% and above.its 100gig and free space is 46gig.i deleted all music and videos, dont multitask (browse only).pls what do you advice i do
what is the size of ur ram..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 10:48pm On Oct 31, 2013
Illuminatus:
I got two. But it was still the same thing. The computer says the same thing when I want to uninstall a program.
bros did u boot d pc via d cd or u just inserted d cd on a live windows machine
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ddjay: 7:14am On Nov 01, 2013
brightk: what is the size of ur ram..
ram 1gig, cpu 1.83ghz 2cores windows 7. Tanx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bastien: 8:05am On Nov 01, 2013
I tried installing football manager on my laptop win8, after installing,I tried opening the football manager and it showed "the program can't start because d3dx9_411.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program yo fix the problem"

Have reinstall it over and over again

Pls help!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Abatvic(m): 8:13am On Nov 01, 2013
Am trying to uninstall a program on my pc,always responding wit..''Error applying transforms.verify that the specified transform paths are valid''....pls help me out
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tunnex190: 8:27am On Nov 01, 2013
all4naija: What is your system configuration?

Pls help is needed. I don't know what happened I just realized my laptop is acting up. I can't enable my wi-fi. whenever I click on it to enable through open network and sharing center, it shows that it is enabled but wont reflect on both the icon and on open network and sharing center.

These screenshots contain both the system configuration and open network and sharing center -the shot i took when it has been enabled already. I have both windows 7 and 8 installed on it. If i switch to windows 7 and i switch on the wi-fi, it works perfectly, and it was the same on windows 8 before it started acting up recently on windows 8. The laptop model is HP compaq 6735s

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tunnex190: 8:38am On Nov 01, 2013
brightk: dude from ur screen shot it shows dat ur wifi is disabled.. right click and click enable.. den u can check with 2 si if it is active or not with ur wireless switch.. gud luck

yeah it seems so but I tried to enable it and it shows the same result. And my wireless switch is active
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 12:32pm On Nov 01, 2013
tunnex190:

yeah it seems so but I tried to enable it and it shows the same result. And my wireless switch is active
did u refresh dat particular page after u enabled it?cos some systems at some point tend 2 misbehave.. just enable it, right click n refresh.. if possible restart ur pc... also post a screen shot of ur device manage.....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by EveInDGarden(f): 12:44pm On Nov 01, 2013
HOW CAN I RESET THE COLOUR OF MY COMPUTER.......URGENT HELP NEEDED[b][/b]
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsammi(m): 2:44pm On Nov 01, 2013
bastien: I tried installing football manager on my laptop win8, after installing,I tried opening the football manager and it showed "the program can't start because d3dx9_411.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program yo fix the problem"

Have reinstall it over and over again

Pls help!
http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?d3dx9_41 it means directx is missing or jux download directx11 abt 90mb or u can downld the file need 4 the game
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsammi(m): 2:45pm On Nov 01, 2013
EveInDGarden: HOW CAN I RESET THE COLOUR OF MY COMPUTER.......URGENT HELP NEEDED[b][/b]
wat colour was it b4 and wat colour is thre now
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Illuminatus(m): 2:55pm On Nov 01, 2013
brightk: bros did u boot d pc via d cd or u just inserted d cd on a live windows machine
Started up the computer with the cd.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 3:05pm On Nov 01, 2013
Emzybrown: My brothers am back again ooooo, please help me what should i do, my dvd drive is no longer ejecting, i rarely place cd/dvd on my lappy, so i just bought a software and when i wanna instal it, bamnnnn it no longer ejects cry cry cry cry cry. am hoping for a quick reply thanks techiesss

make una help me pls

Can you c any light flashing at the side of the cd drive ?

Can you hear any rattling disk inside the drive ?

click start, computer or my computer locate the
cd drive right lick and click eject, any joy ?

L@@k at d side of the cd drive, you would c a hole
use a paper clip to open it. do it gently !
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 5:05pm On Nov 01, 2013
Illuminatus:
Started up the computer with the cd.
u mean u booted via ur cd rom.. ok.. d only tin i can say here now is dat u need 2 get a gud cd,, daz d only guarantee..btw have u bin 4matin laptops be4 now?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tunnex190: 5:41pm On Nov 01, 2013
brightk: did u refresh dat particular page after u enabled it?cos some systems at some point tend 2 misbehave.. just enable it, right click n refresh.. if possible restart ur pc... also post a screen shot of ur device manage.....

I have done that severally. Restarting and Refreshing self tired. I'll post a s.s of my device manager when I have access to the laptop.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bastien: 6:16pm On Nov 01, 2013
Donsammi: http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?d3dx9_41 it means directx is missing or jux download directx11 abt 90mb or u can downld the file need 4 the game
thanks bro

Will try it 2moro
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Illuminatus(m): 7:39pm On Nov 01, 2013
brightk: u mean u booted via ur cd rom.. ok.. d only tin i can say here now is dat u need 2 get a gud cd,, daz d only guarantee..btw have u bin 4matin laptops be4 now?
Yes. And this hasn't happened before.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 9:37pm On Nov 01, 2013
Illuminatus:
Yes. And this hasn't happened before.

What Windows installation disk are u using. If u have used different disks as bright suggested and they problem still persist, I would suggest u delete your hardisk partition, create another one and then do a format. If it continues, check ur memory.

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (1231) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.