Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,723 members, 7,924,322 topics. Date: Sunday, 18 August 2024 at 09:59 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (394) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1319501 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) ... (1230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 11:04pm On Jan 08, 2014
Jemimahsummers:
helped. Tnx
glad to hear! cool
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Input(m): 7:28am On Jan 09, 2014
Hello house, after formatting my system the wireless refuse to on even on installing the necessary drivers. What can be done.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Daniel2802(m): 8:10am On Jan 09, 2014
Am trying to install PES 2014 on my Dell inspiron N5040 but it always reach a point and stops.Please what can i do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Breeze20(m): 12:24pm On Jan 09, 2014
Pls help me i 4got my paswrd,if i on my laptop it write enter paswrd.pls help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cmonek(m): 4:19pm On Jan 09, 2014
deji2009:

Right-click the network icon on the taskbar,
and select Open Networking and Sharing Center
Once open, click 'Manage Wireless Networks' n the left hand panel
Left-click a wireless networks, then click Remove from the panel above.

Then go back to the taskbar and view available wireless networks
and key in your WPA key
thanks for your response bro. Opened the manage wireless netwrk, all i could see includes windows tries to connect to these netwrk in the order listed below, below that is add, adapter properties, profile types, network and sharing center.. Didnt find any item to delete from the page. What next step do i follow bro??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ljdbarge: 1:33am On Jan 10, 2014
deji2009:

Click start and look for run through accessories and
type in dxdiag and look for display drivers and direct x
and that at the back of the football casing or that was specified
where you downloaded it from ?. The direct x should be 9 .

FIFA 13 Recommended System Requirements: http://systemreq.info/2012/09/fifa-13/
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4g / AMD Athlon II X4 600e 2.2g CPU
RAM: 2GB for Windows Vista & Windows 7
DVD-ROM at 8x Speed
HDD: 8.0 GB with additional space required for saved games and DirectX 9.0c installation
Video: Nvidia 8800 GT / ATI Radeon HD 4650
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible
DirectX: 9.0c
Online Multiplayer: 2-22 players, 512 kbits/sec or faster

@deji: my system is complete with all these,but still it won't play its just so frustrating,I even went thru setup in the folder but wen it says I should install,that's when d ISDONE.DLL msg/alert comes up like there's still something missing,I tried my best but no avail
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ljdbarge: 1:38am On Jan 10, 2014
@deji: my system is complete with all these,but still it won't play its just so frustrating,I even went thru setup in the folder but wen it says I should install,that's when d ISDONE.DLL msg/alert comes up like there's still something missing,I tried my best but no avail
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Edwardc: 4:01am On Jan 10, 2014
HELLO GURUS IN THE HOUSE I USE AN HP 6735s IT DOES NOT DETECT WIFI NETWORK AROUND MY VICINITY PLS HELP HELLO GURUS IN THE HOUSE I USE AN HP 6735s IT DOES NOT DETECT WIFI NETWORK AROUND MY VICINITY PLS HELP HELLO GURUS IN THE HOUSE I USE AN HP 6735s IT DOES NOT DETECT WIFI NETWORK AROUND MY VICINITY PLS HELP
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:27pm On Jan 10, 2014
lj_dbarge: .

I take it the machine and the game is either 32, 64 bit compatible ?

What antivirus software do you use ? I would advise you run a scan.

follw this links and do as told.Also use google to research how
you do a system restore to turn back the hand of time

http://www.prlog.org/11520413-steps-to-resolve-isdonedll-errors.html

At your own risk but it should get you somewhere

http://www.guardi.us/how-dll-error-repair-is-done-in-windows/

2 Likes

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:33pm On Jan 10, 2014
Edwardc: HELLO GURUS IN THE HOUSE I USE AN HP 6735s IT DOES NOT DETECT WIFI NETWORK AROUND MY VICINITY PLS HELP HELLO GURUS IN THE HOUSE I USE AN HP 6735s IT DOES NOT DETECT WIFI NETWORK AROUND MY VICINITY PLS HELP HELLO GURUS IN THE HOUSE I USE AN HP 6735s IT DOES NOT DETECT WIFI NETWORK AROUND MY VICINITY PLS HELP

L@@k on your laptop and you'd see the wifi button on the far left, ensure it is
switch on and colour blue should show. After that try scanning for avail wireless networks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Chikach: 1:06pm On Jan 10, 2014
Hello house please help me....Each time I connect my moderm on my pc without even opening my browser.....somthing some where starts downloading and my download link start reading b4 I know what's up my mb has exusted.....I have unstalled anti-virus and adobe reader but it still conts...pls HELP
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:09pm On Jan 10, 2014
cmonek: thanks for your response bro. Opened the manage wireless netwrk, all i could see includes windows tries to connect to these netwrk in the order listed below, below that is add, adapter properties, profile types, network and sharing center.. Didnt find any item to delete from the page. What next step do i follow bro??

ok back to basics

can you see a WiFi network at the cafe ?

do you have the correct password to access it ?

Is the password WPA or WPE.

when you try to connect at the cafe, did you
get any IEE error message or anything that
indicate there was a problem.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:12pm On Jan 10, 2014
Chikach: Hello house please help me....Each time I connect my moderm on my pc without even opening my browser.....somthing some where starts downloading and my download link start reading b4 I know what's up my mb has exusted.....I have unstalled anti-virus and adobe reader but it still conts...pls HELP

if the modem auto connect itself then it is your windows update or
software programs. check to make sure no software is set to
auto install, e.g hp update, windows update etc. use google to
find out how to disable windows update however it is not
safe to do so.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ocline60: 2:07pm On Jan 10, 2014
I have an Acer Aspire E1-431 with a blank screen. The last unsuccessful operation was a Bios upgrade which obviously failed.
In order to restore, the service manual hints that I need to flash a bios recovery using ZQS.fd I am currently unable to locate this file anywhere even on Acers drivers download site.
Kindly assist with the file or another useful method to recover bios on the system. I av removed the CMOS which did not work.

Thanks for your quick response.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Chikach: 2:15pm On Jan 10, 2014
deji2009:

if the modem auto connect itself then it is your windows update or
software programs. check to make sure no software is set to
auto install, e.g hp update, windows update etc. use google to
find out how to disable windows update however it is not
safe to do so.

Bro why is it not so safe to do it.....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ocline60: 2:21pm On Jan 10, 2014
I have an Acer Aspire E1-431 with a blank screen. The last unsuccessful operation was a Bios upgrade which obviously failed.
In order to restore, the service manual hints that I need to flash a bios recovery using ZQS.fd
I am currently unable to locate this file anywhere even on Acers drivers download site. On the site is ZQS.exe
Kindly assist with the file or another useful method to recover bios on the system. I av removed the CMOS which did not work.

Thanks for your quick response.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Guest101: 3:16pm On Jan 10, 2014
Hello geeks, i noticed my system was hanging so i decided to restart.upon restarting, what i saw was "OEMSF IS COMPRESSED, PRESS CTRL ALT DELETE TO RESTART" i punched the required keys,yet it still pops the same message.what could be the problem? its an elitebook 6930p HP. Thanks in advance.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mrpruzy(m): 3:40pm On Jan 10, 2014
My wifi on my PC do connect but doesn't browse please what is the solution to it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 10, 2014
mrpruzy: My wifi on my PC do connect but doesn't browse please what is the solution to it

Double click on it and ccclick on properties. Check under the tcp/ip and clear any ip you placed there
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 6:08pm On Jan 10, 2014
Chikach:

Security patches and driver updates amongst all are provided through updates. It is not advisable to turn it off but in order to be on the safe *not safe for ur pc* side of your mb, download updates manually by switching to manual.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by WackyJ1(m): 9:06pm On Jan 10, 2014
Hello
I waa here in thia thread around pages 351 and 352,concerning my mother board that was fried in my laptop, the laptop has not yet been fixed but while the engineer was working in it and we had hit a dead end i told him to remove the hard drive of the system and put it in an external casing so that i can connect it to ther systems and still access my files, i did that and ut has been working for about two months now.

Now the issue is thay whenever i connect it to a system via USB , the system does not detect it at all, infact the system does not act like anything has been connected to it, the LED light which is supposed to be blinking is ON but it is steady, no blinking.
At first i though it was because the hardisk had come loose inside because something was shaking in the casing but upon taking it to a man (engineer) he opened it and tightened it for me but upon testing it right now, nothing is working. Still the same problem.

What could be the cause of the problem?
Is my harddrive spoilt or is it just the external casing?
I am scared for my files here
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 9:26pm On Jan 10, 2014
WackyJ1: Hello
I waa here in thia thread around pages 351 and 352,concerning my mother board that was fried in my laptop, the laptop has not yet been fixed but while the engineer was working in it and we had hit a dead end i told him to remove the hard drive of the system and put it in an external casing so that i can connect it to ther systems and still access my files, i did that and ut has been working for about two months now.

Now the issue is thay whenever i connect it to a system via USB , the system does not detect it at all, infact the system does not act like anything has been connected to it, the LED light which is supposed to be blinking is ON but it is steady, no blinking.
At first i though it was because the hardisk had come loose inside because something was shaking in the casing but upon taking it to a man (engineer) he opened it and tightened it for me but upon testing it right now, nothing is working. Still the same problem.

What could be the cause of the problem?
Is my harddrive spoilt or is it just the external casing?
I am scared for my files here
Have you tried it on another system or other usb ports of that same computer? If not, do so.
Besides, when you connect it to the usb port, can you hear any sort of whining, or rattling noise from the hdd?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Babprosper20(m): 9:39pm On Jan 10, 2014
pls my fellow nairalanders, i want someone to teach me how to set screen resolution when exporting a picture from corel-DRAW, whenever i export a pic, the pic is always atleast 1mb, atimes, they would be 6mb, and i don't know how to reduce it, and also when i send the pic into a phone, it will show "unsupported format" so how do i configure the pic to work on phone and to be around 50kb?
THANKS, I AM EXPECTING A REPLY SOON
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 10:01pm On Jan 10, 2014
Babprosper20: pls my fellow nairalanders, i want someone to teach me how to set screen resolution when exporting a picture from corel-DRAW, whenever i export a pic, the pic is always atleast 1mb, atimes, they would be 6mb, and i don't know how to reduce it, and also when i send the pic into a phone, it will show "unsupported format" so how do i configure the pic to work on phone and to be around 50kb?
THANKS, I AM EXPECTING A REPLY SOON
Save with corel and edit it with windows picture manager. You can scale to e-mail and other formats. You can even specify your own resolution as desired.
Right-click on the picture
Select''open with''
Navigate to microsoft picture manager
After the picture must have been loaded, check the right pane in the picture manager window.
figure the rest.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Babprosper20(m): 10:07pm On Jan 10, 2014
THANKS BRO FOR YOUR REPLY, BUT I HAVE JUST TRIED WHAT YOU SAID AND I DID NOT SEE PICTURE MANAGER, SO WHAT CAN I DO PLS?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cool318(m): 10:43pm On Jan 10, 2014
Hello IT gurus in d house, pls i just took delivery of a HP 6530b dat has its BIOS Passworded with HP security manager, and i want to Format it.
what do i do URGENTLY pls. THANKS
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by WackyJ1(m): 11:45pm On Jan 10, 2014
big-t:

Have you tried it on another system or other usb ports of that same computer? If not, do so.
Besides, when you connect it to the usb port, can you hear any sort of whining, or rattling noise from the hdd?

I have tried it on other systems and it did not even show any indication on those systems that something was connected.

HOWEVER i decided to change the cable and upon a little search i discovered a cable with the same mouth as the one that came with the HDD casing although the wire is thinner than the one that came with the casing, when i plugged it to the system showed

"URECOGNIZED DEVICE" the windows saying that the device has malfunctioned...

Also noteworthy is that the LED is not as bright as when the HDD is plugged to the system with the original cable
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by iambobi(m): 12:39am On Jan 11, 2014
Hi guys.please my 2month old acer aspire E1-571 laptop battery is no longer lasting up to 3 hrs.it lasts for less than two hours.wat is the cause of this problem.how do I solve it ? Thanks in advance.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:28pm On Jun 27, 2014
i_am_bobi: Hi guys.please my 2month old acer aspire E1-571 laptop battery is no longer lasting up to 3 hrs.it lasts for less than two hours.wat is the cause of this problem.how do I solve it ? Thanks in advance.

you can use google to research how to get more from your battery
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:29pm On Jun 27, 2014
cool318: Hello IT gurus in d house, pls i just took delivery of a HP 6530b dat has its BIOS Passworded with HP security manager, and i want to Format it.
what do i do URGENTLY pls. THANKS

find onegig, adetwin or samuel on this forum he may be able to help
you need some to physically to do it for you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:30pm On Jun 27, 2014
Chikach:

virus

(1) (2) (3) ... (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) ... (1230) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.