Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,988 members, 7,873,181 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:19 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (604) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1294252 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) (606) (607) ... (1225) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 4reigningqueen: 10:02am On Aug 08, 2015
zyzxx:
it hardware did water fell on it? let A gud engr check it for u ASAP

can u recommend one
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Djbaka(m): 10:07am On Aug 08, 2015
zyzxx:
over work as in over heating?
pls check d cooling fan and if ur system is not experiencing over heating

No, I don't think it's over heating, i've not noticed though.

The blinking HDD light tends to be ON more than on normal days, like it's running a heavy program. By the time it freezes up, it stays ON.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 08, 2015
lukfame:
How much does it cost?
I don't really know where you are but it might cost you about $70 to fix.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 2:54pm On Aug 08, 2015
Tolzeal:
Hails to the bosses. How y'all

Boss Onegig Kudos bto
I am fine and doing well. You?

And abeg I no be boss o. Lol . cheesy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 3:10pm On Aug 08, 2015
sahm4u2nv:
Hello, pls my pc DELL Inspiron 11(@my display picture s developin d ffg probs
1) I bought the pc from Konga in May this year afterwards the sound system stopped working after som hrs as @ late July wen I plugged in an. External speaker to it, I then uninstalled the. Sounds applicatn n I tried2 install it again buh couldn't find it n d control panel again
2)Yestedy, I tried 2switch on d pc buh I noticed that it ws nt comin up,the screen light was just flauntuatin, n I couldn't access it
I'm a serving corper ere in Akure,Ondo state
Thanks in anticipation

Contact Konga and lodge a complaint. It is too early to be carrying out repairs on such system except if they sold you a refurbished.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mstik(f): 4:36pm On Aug 08, 2015
My dell inspiron laptop is having start up issues. I have windows 8.1 installed and it cannot boot properly. Its stuck on the automatic repair loop and each time it says that the errors cannot be fixed. It keeps on doing this and the windows is not loading. I don't have any installation disk so pls what can be done to resolve this?

Cc onegig zyxxx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 4:44pm On Aug 08, 2015
mstik:
My dell inspiron laptop is having start up issues. I have windows 8.1 installed and it cannot boot properly. Its stuck on the automatic repair loop and each time it says that the errors cannot be fixed. It keeps on doing this and the windows is not loading. I don't have any installation disk so pls what can be done to resolve this?

Cc onegig

Is the windows 8 preinstalled from the factory or you upgraded it yourself?

If it is Previn stalled, I guess there should be a restore file on it. Follow these steps below. If it however doesn't have you would have to get the cd.

Use Startup Repair on a computer that has a preinstalled recovery option on your computer
Important This method is available only if Startup Repair is a preinstalled recovery option on your computer.
If you do not have a Windows installation disc, and Startup Repair is a preinstalled recovery option on your computer, follow these steps to repair startup files:
1. Remove all floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs from your computer, and then restart your computer by using the computer's power button.
If your computer has a single operating system installed, press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts. You have to press F8 before the Windows logo appears. If the Windows logo appears, you have to try again by waiting until the Windows logon prompt appears, and then shutting down and restarting your computer.
If your computer has more than one operating system, use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system that you want to repair, and then press and hold F8.
2. On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight Repair your computer, and then press Enter. (If Repair your computer isn't listed as an option, then your computer doesn't include preinstalled recovery options, or your network administrator has turned them off.)
3. Select a keyboard layout, and then click Next.
4. Select a user name, type the password, and then click OK.
5. On the System Recovery Options menu, click
Startup Repair. Startup Repair might prompt you to make choices as it tries to fix the problem and, if it is necessary, it might restart your computer as it makes repairs
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mstik(f): 4:50pm On Aug 08, 2015
Thanks for the response but the windows logo cannot even show at all because it can't load. I tried pressing the F8 key but nothing happened. It went back to this
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mstik(f): 5:07pm On Aug 08, 2015
Then After a long time, this happens
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mstik(f): 5:14pm On Aug 08, 2015
If I shut down, the same process will repeat itself again.
When I click advanced option, this comes up .
If i click exit and continue to windows, it's the same process.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mstik(f): 5:15pm On Aug 08, 2015
Pls onegig zyxxx skydancer and all the computer gurus in the house help me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 5:54pm On Aug 08, 2015
mstik:
Pls onegig zyxxx skydancer and all the computer gurus in the house help me

Select troubleshoot instead of continue.

Now select Advanced Options.

Now choose the Windows Startup Settings option.

Finally hit the Restart button.

Select safe mode when it restarts.

Or method 2.

Select system restore.

And follow the process to the end.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mstik(f): 6:06pm On Aug 08, 2015
If I select system restore, will I lose all my files and documents?
onegig:

Now choose the Windows Startup Settings option.

Finally hit the Restart button.

Select safe mode when it restarts.

Or method 2.

Select system restore.

And follow the process to the end.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sahm4u2nv(m): 6:15pm On Aug 08, 2015
onegig:

Contact Konga and lodge a complaint. It is too early to be carrying out repairs on such system except if they sold you a refurbished.
I think I need to contact their office in abeokuta
Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 6:24pm On Aug 08, 2015
mstik:
If I select system restore, will I lose all my files and documents?

Nope. Only affects settings not documents or personal files.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by abdulo4real: 7:45pm On Aug 08, 2015
onegig:

Why would you stop a critical update abruptly?

I hope you haven't damaged that board. Remove the battery, disconnect the Adapter. Hold the power button for 45 seconds.

insert just the power cord alone. Start the system. Repeat this like 5 times if it doesn't work the first time.
please help me i tried all this steps and it is still not coming up!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:13pm On Aug 08, 2015
abdulo4real:
please help me i tried all this steps and it is still not coming up!

Welcome to the club cheesy

Sorry...You have to take that system to an engineer. You likely have a damaged board and may need some little work to be done on it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by abdulo4real: 10:01pm On Aug 08, 2015
onegig:

Welcome to the club cheesy

Sorry...You have to take that system to an engineer. You likely have a damaged board and may need some little work to be done on it.
pls how would i know if the mother board is damaged because the system still have power and light on.... it is not blinking as it is still d same as at when it was working well.... is just that the screen is just blank...... would you please elaborate more as to what course the problem......
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:13pm On Aug 08, 2015
abdulo4real:
pls how would i know if the mother board is damaged because the system still have power and light on.... it is not blinking as it is still d same as at when it was working well.... is just that the screen is just blank...... would you please elaborate more as to what course the problem......

I am limited bro. Not there to physically access what's wrong so there is limit to what I can say or tell as to the extent of damage.. Take it to a nearby technician to help you fix this.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by abdulo4real: 11:08pm On Aug 08, 2015
onegig:

I am limited bro. Not there to physically access what's wrong so there is limit to what I can say or tell as to the extent of damage.. Take it to a nearby technician to help you fix this.
okay thanx bro!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nkemjacob2(m): 11:22pm On Aug 08, 2015
PLS SUMONE TO HELP ME WITH KM SPICO
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Funjosh(m): 5:50am On Aug 09, 2015
What happened to your KM SPICO

nkemjacob2:
PLS SUMONE TO HELP ME WITH KM SPICO
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by GentleNaaz(m): 7:44am On Aug 09, 2015
I tried to switch on my laptop ds morning. On entering d password, something popped up saying
"The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded"

Pls who has d idea of hw i cn fix ds problem, should endeavour to tell me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by justi4jesu(f): 8:00am On Aug 09, 2015
GentleNaaz:
I tried to switch on my laptop ds morning. On entering d password, something popped up saying
"The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded"

Pls who has d idea of hw i cn fix ds problem, should endeavour to tell me

Do you have another administrator account that you can log into?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by GentleNaaz(m): 10:28am On Aug 09, 2015
justi4jesu:

Do you have another administrator account that you can log into?
No. Hw cn i rectify d problem? d only things showing up are Restart, Shutdown, sleep n hibernate.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 09, 2015
pls how much will it cost to fix/replace
the flex of hp2000 laptop... the screen
display flickers so much. one can't really see/
do any thing meaningful on the screen.. would just like to know the price range. thanks...

cc onegig
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 3:46pm On Aug 09, 2015
Enyogbe:
pls how much will it cost to fix/replace
the flex of hp2000 laptop... the screen
display flickers so much. one can't really see/
do any thing meaningful on the screen.. would just like to know the price range. thanks...

cc onegig

Are you very sure its the FLEX?
But for the screen have the budget of 15k....if balance they fine
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 3:49pm On Aug 09, 2015
mstik:
If I shut down, the same process will repeat itself again.
When I click advanced option, this comes up .
If i click exit and continue to windows, it's the same process.

Please your location? It could be fix within 3hours in your presence ... Check our signature for hotline
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 09, 2015
adetwin:

Are you very sure its the FLEX?
But for the screen have the budget of 15k....if balance they fine

Adetwin ...
Am sure its the flex.. The first picture shows the display is normal... Then the next second the display will start flickering fast (if that's the right word) for about just 2seconds and thn it gets stable for the next second and it goes on and on like that..

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 6:03pm On Aug 09, 2015
Enyogbe:

Adetwin ...
Am sure its the flex.. The first picture shows the display is normal... Then the next second the display will start flickering fast (if that's the right word) for about just 2seconds and thn it gets stable for the next second and it goes on and on like that..

Your location??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by seyiowoseeni(m): 6:26pm On Aug 09, 2015
Please Nairalanders I need help on how to identify the real compatible flex for my Dell vostro. 1510. The screen is flickering while the pc display well on external monitor, my guess is the flex might be the reason for this...
I have disassembled the whole pc and I can't get the fault xept the screen will display well if I hold and bend the top left of the sreen.. That's why I get to think its the flex.. please I really want to believe its true... So I won't regret buying the wrong thing. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:02pm On Aug 09, 2015
adetwin:

Your location??

am in Ibadan sir.. is there anywhere you might recommend cox I know you are in Lagos

(1) (2) (3) ... (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) (606) (607) ... (1225) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.