Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,410 members, 7,901,139 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 01:05 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (647) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1306783 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) ... (1228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by whytepawn1(m): 7:24pm On Nov 05, 2015
Hello engineers... I recently bought a used laptop ...when browsing the browser suddenly closes or crashes, I also noticed that with my vlc player also... some softwares also refused to install.
and whenever I remove the battery and put it on again, when starting up it shows CMOS CHKDSK ERROR...
and finally on the start up, it displays SERIAL NUMBER NOT FOUND on the top of the screen, but it boots successful... pls guys I need your thought on these.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by eightsin(m): 8:32pm On Nov 05, 2015
Gudevening gurus. I want to restore my hp pavilion 15 to its factory settings but it keeps telling it could not find the files needed. The laptop has been with me less than a year. I actually bought it brand new but I discovered it had some issues so I took it back and they fixed it bt it has been hanging for some time now and it is also asking me to activate windows. Any help on how to restore to factory settings will be greatly appreciated.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by VITALYSTA(m): 11:31pm On Nov 05, 2015
whytepawn1:
Hello engineers... I recently bought a used laptop ...when browsing the browser suddenly closes or crashes, I also noticed that with my vlc player also... some softwares also refused to install.
and whenever I remove the battery and put it on again, when starting up it shows CMOS CHKDSK ERROR...
and finally on the start up, it displays SERIAL NUMBER NOT FOUND on the top of the screen, but it boots successful... pls guys I need your thought on these.
if you have not; try and reformat it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by VITALYSTA(m): 11:35pm On Nov 05, 2015
eightsin:
Gudevening gurus. I want to restore my hp pavilion 15 to its factory settings but it keeps telling it could not find the files needed. The laptop has been with me less than a year. I actually bought it brand new but I discovered it had some issues so I took it back and they fixed it bt it has been hanging for some time now and it is also asking me to activate windows. Any help on how to restore to factory settings will be greatly appreciated.
check the recovery partition. if it's not there;then they must have reformatted ur pc.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by VITALYSTA(m): 11:39pm On Nov 05, 2015
please house my flash drive is writing " disk protected" while I'm trying to format it.
please what do I do, I need to format it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Akell(m): 12:44am On Nov 06, 2015
skydancer:

Send me your email, and I can send you a special software you can use to take care of this
akelljoe@gmail.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 12:48am On Nov 06, 2015
VITALYSTA:
please house my flash drive is writing " disk protected" while I'm trying to format it.
please what do I do, I need to format it.
Try to pull the little switch at the edge of the microsSD down to disable it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Legacy214: 5:41am On Nov 06, 2015
skydancer:

Send me your email, and I can send you a special software you can use to take care of this

nedu4eva@rocketmail.com.....thank you skydancer...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by roselynbas(f): 7:09am On Nov 06, 2015
whytepawn1:

the CMOS battery may need to replaced. It is not worth more than N200 to buy. Simply give an engineer some money to replace it for you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by roselynbas(f): 7:25am On Nov 06, 2015
eightsin:

the system was probably formatted and a crack unactivated OS was used. Concerning the freezing issue, is your processor an Amd model, if yes which of them?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by roselynbas(f): 7:38am On Nov 06, 2015
bufness:
any1 please

go to device manager first and uninstall the drivers for those hardware. If issue persist. Back up your files and format the system.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by eightsin(m): 7:49am On Nov 06, 2015
VITALYSTA:

check the recovery partition. if it's not there;then they must have reformatted ur pc.

There is no recovery partition. What do I do to create one.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by eightsin(m): 7:55am On Nov 06, 2015
roselynbas:

the system was probably formatted and a crack unactivated OS was used. Concerning the freezing issue, is your processor an Amd model, if yes which of them?

The OS was activated, I think it was for 9months or there about. Is there any solution to enable me take it to the factory OS? My processor is Intel corei3. The freezing was due to the disk usage being 99/100% usage. It doesn't happen often though.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Horpsy17(m): 8:39am On Nov 06, 2015
pls my hp elitebook 8530 cant detect wireless networks. it says my ethernet cable has been removed
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by VITALYSTA(m): 10:49am On Nov 06, 2015
all4naija:

Try to pull the little switch at the edge of the microsSD down to disable it.
sorry it's not SD CARD. I wrote flash drive.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by VITALYSTA(m): 10:50am On Nov 06, 2015
eightsin:

There is no recovery partition. What do I do to create one.
nothing I guess.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 06, 2015
Akosxxx:

thanks man, u appreciate this.
but on a second thought, cant i just get (or buy in stores ) a disc tht contains wundows 8 drivers and then install the WLAN/Bluetooth drivers or what do u think bro? ( coz d wireless wont turn ON so goin online s kind of difficult for me )
why can't u just troubleshoot the wifi connections using your pc, since u've upgraded ur pc, i think you've got to do a little bit of troubleshooting here. I also had the same problem once, when i downgraded my pc from windows 8 to windows 7. The wifi would be on, but wouldn't see any connections. so i just right clicked on the network tray, then troubleshooted it (windows will help u through the process). my wifi connection is working perfectly now.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:03am On Nov 06, 2015
eightsin:
when u bought it brand new and u discovered that it has problem, u should have just changed it to another one way back then. how can a new pc have issues. And then u've got to really try to activate windows first. how can u be using a pc and not activate windows for close to a year. or u can reinstall windows on it.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by vickers95(m): 11:42am On Nov 06, 2015
Hello, my laptop ( hp2000, core i3) had a problem with the screen light and the engineer I gave said it was a board problem.
After trying to "work" it, he suggested buying a new one.
He said Intel board is hard to find ( and more expensive) and the one he was able to get was, according to him, "AMA Dual Core".
I know nothing about boards.

Please is it wise to go with him and what about the performance of the "AMA" board, in terms of software receptability, game plays and the rest in comparison with the Intel I was using before?
And what do you think about the price going for 22k?

Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 12:38pm On Nov 06, 2015
sameolg616:

there is an easier way to do this than removing his hard disk(he might just spoil something else)..his hdd or os is either corrupt..
option 1:
adetwin,u can personally supervise the process of him repairing the os(either he brings it to u possibly or he calls u for an incisive on-phone tutorial)
then his files are intact
option2:
i normally run my hard disk regeneration from usb off linux environment on the same laptop...once its successful,the system would just boot normally
thanks to everyone that gave advise. what I did was to backup my hard disk even though i lost only my videos. i reinstalled windows (windows 7) on my pc and it worked perfectly.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 12:43pm On Nov 06, 2015
vickers95:
Hello, my laptop ( hp2000, core i3) had a problem with the screen light and the engineer I gave said it was a board problem.
He said Intel board is hard to find ( and more expensive) and the one he was able to get was, according to him, "AMA Dual Core".

Please is it wise to go with him and what about the performance of the "AMA" board, in terms of software receptability, game plays and the rest in comparison with the Intel I was using before?

Thanks
u might as well just get a new pc, since u are not sure about the capability of the board and the competence of the engineer. and, u won't want to get something that will be giving u problems later on.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by eightsin(m): 1:03pm On Nov 06, 2015
Ofatfoed:

when u bought it brand new and u discovered that it has problem, u should have just changed it to another one way back then. how can a new pc have issues. And then u've got to really try to activate windows first. how can u be using a pc and not activate windows for close to a year. or u can reinstall windows on it.

If only you know what I went through in the hands of task direct (that is where I got it from) I returned it when I found issues less than 2 weeks. They refused to change it that it is a factory error bt that they will fix it since there is warranty. I agreed. After about 3 months plus, I had to pay for them to send my laptop back from lagos n guess what! D issues dt made me gv it bck to them wr not fixed n d activate windows prblm was added. Tk it bck again, I had to even report to CPC. D story is too long. At d end they said they will have to send it bck to HP and I will av to wait for lik 6 months to get a response. I jst shook my head n carried it lik that. Counted it as one of those life experiences
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by eightsin(m): 1:14pm On Nov 06, 2015
VITALYSTA:

nothing I guess.

Does that mean I can't format the OS?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 06, 2015
eightsin:

If only you know what I went through in the hands of task direct (that is where I got it from) I returned it when I found issues less than 2 weeks. They refused to change it that it is a factory error bt that they will fix it since there is warranty. I agreed. After about 3 months plus, I had to pay for them to send my laptop back from lagos n guess what! D issues dt made me gv it bck to them wr not fixed n d activate windows prblm was added. Tk it bck again, I had to even report to CPC. D story is too long. At d end they said they will have to send it bck to HP and I will av to wait for lik 6 months to get a response. I jst shook my head n carried it lik that. Counted it as one of those life experiences
well, sorry about that. some company cannot be trusted nowadays. but, i'm advising to backup your most important files on your hard disk and then format it. then finally reinstall windows on it. it should clear those issues that your pc is experiencing.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by vickers95(m): 1:39pm On Nov 06, 2015
Ofatfoed:

u might as well just get a new pc, since u are not sure about the capability of the board and the competence of the engineer. and, u won't want to get something that will be giving u problems later on.

Thanks for the advice. I'll let him do what he wants first, then I'll take the next decision from there.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 1:49pm On Nov 06, 2015
eightsin:

Does that mean I can't format the OS?
Helo,there is a question no one has asked u?what were the problems u initially encountered before u returned it back to the company?wa it hardware or software related?
Obviously,the recovery partition is not present and in some cases,u are allowed to make recovery disk set just once.so let's forget the take of factory settings..
U dint even mention the os..activating any windows is too easy and that freezing can be caused by a few factors(antivirus,memory and 3rd party softwares).
IF u keep formatting and re-formatting then the lifespan of ur hard disk is affected...
Just get teamviewer and get online and I can help diagnose the other problems if they are not hard ware related
U can call me on 08061679732
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by eightsin(m): 1:53pm On Nov 06, 2015
Ofatfoed:

well, sorry about that. some company cannot be trusted nowadays. but, i'm advising to backup your most important files on your hard disk and then format it. then finally reinstall windows on it. it should clear those issues that your pc is experiencing.

That is what I am trying to do but it just won't work. Maybe I will take it to a service centre. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 06, 2015
eightsin:

That is what I am trying to do but it just won't work. Maybe I will take it to a service centre. Thanks
u're welcome. after u resolve the issue don't hesitate to tell me how u did it. ok?

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by orobosa26(m): 2:01pm On Nov 06, 2015
hello gurus in the house pls my USB twin port at D left side of hp laptop is not working..pls in need ur help urgently
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 2:02pm On Nov 06, 2015
vickers95:

Thanks
I just called my engineer to relate ur problem to him.he said ur engineer to retain ur core i3 motherboard(25k) so why is he transforming an Intel core i3 to an amd dual core(that's a lower processor stepping).he maintained that it's the same processor seat but not a good idea changing to amd as ur windows may not boot up..
Here is his no 08034062983(folly) so u can ask him further questions and advice
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 2:11pm On Nov 06, 2015
orobosa26:
hello gurus in the house pls my USB twin port at D left side of hp laptop is not working..pls in need ur help urgently
The quickest way inexperienced pros wld tell u is to FORMAT which wld work...
The technical solution is:
-go to ur device manager
-uninstall all ur usb drivers and let it re-install them again..
That's like 5mins as compared to 30-45mins

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by VITALYSTA(m): 9:17pm On Nov 06, 2015
please guys, flash drive won't format. it's writing "write protected". pliz how do I format it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) ... (1228) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.