Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,434 members, 7,937,328 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 09:05 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (695) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1325090 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) (698) ... (1231) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Chimapeters(m): 6:44am On Apr 16, 2016
Meklex:
I just bought a small mini laptop but I can't install avast Antivirus, says there was an error while completing the setup process

Congrats on your NEW laptop, besides I hope it was formatted before you took it out from shop? If so, then we move on.

Preferably you should download Avira Antivirus easy to install and much better protection. If it requests for a key just let me know.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by iduzebaba(m): 8:45am On Apr 16, 2016
Add me to d watsapp group,...08111356898
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Meklex(m): 9:58am On Apr 16, 2016
horllamy:

Which anti-virus are you try to install
avast
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Meklex(m): 10:02am On Apr 16, 2016
Chimapeters:

Congrats on your NEW laptop, besides I hope it was formatted before you took it out from shop? If so, then we move on.

Preferably you should download Avira Antivirus easy to install and much better protection. If it requests for a key just let me know.
ok, I was trying to install avast Antivirus, I will try avira. I didn't format it, the seller recently updated it to windows ten, should I still format it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by midps007(m): 11:00am On Apr 16, 2016
Good work on this thread sir, my laptop sreen goes dim when powered on, I can only use rechargeable lantern to see the display, pls what could be the way out?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Chimapeters(m): 12:51pm On Apr 16, 2016
Meklex:
ok, I was trying to install avast Antivirus, I will try avira. I didn't format it, the seller recently updated it to windows ten, should I still format it?

No need just install Avira and enjoy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Chimapeters(m): 12:53pm On Apr 16, 2016
midps007:
Good work on this thread sir, my laptop sreen goes dim when powered on, I can only use rechargeable lantern to see the display, pls what could be the way out?

Your screen display module is bad, just a get a new one and enjoy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by midps007(m): 2:10pm On Apr 16, 2016
Chimapeters:

Your screen display module is bad, just a get a new one and enjoy
do u mean I should replace the entire screen?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Meklex(m): 2:22pm On Apr 16, 2016
Chimapeters:

No need just install Avira and enjoy
can I have the product key?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Chimapeters(m): 3:22pm On Apr 16, 2016
midps007:

do u mean I should replace the entire screen?

No brada you don't have to change the entire Screen. Apparently, this is a hardware problem so you can't change display module yoursf since you do not posses the skill, else you want to learn with PC ,ur display module is a small rectangular electronic board found just beneath ur Screen if disassembled. Best advise, take it to an engineer and tell him the exact item that needs to be changed. Thank you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Franklyly: 6:46pm On Apr 16, 2016
Ok so my problem is that my laptop (hp pavilion 15) gives me a little pop up notification whenever I plug in my headphones that says "you have just unplugged a device from the audio jack", then when I actually do unplug it it tells me "You have just plugged in a device to the audio jack" and thus the laptop speakers don't speak but headphones do speak
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by midps007(m): 6:54pm On Apr 16, 2016
Chimapeters:

No brada you don't have to change the entire Screen. Apparently, this is a hardware problem so you can't change display module yoursf since you do not posses the skill, else you want to learn with PC ,ur display module is a small rectangular electronic board found just beneath ur Screen if disassembled. Best advise, take it to an engineer and tell him the exact item that needs to be changed. Thank you.

bros thank you, I took it to an engineer, I said he needs to change the flex and d modules, at the end of the day I payed him #2,500, above all I m happy my lappy is back
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Chimapeters(m): 7:23pm On Apr 16, 2016
midps007:

bros thank you, I took it to an engineer, I said he needs to change the flex and d modules, at the end of the day I payed him #2,500, above all I m happy my lappy is back

All thanks to God man. I am happy you have your laptop working again smiles* but the flex hmm... anyway atlas you are satisfied
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Chimapeters(m): 7:27pm On Apr 16, 2016
Meklex:
can I have the product key?
Leave me your email add
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Abcruz(m): 9:11pm On Apr 16, 2016
My hp mini do rejects some usb, Pls help with anyway i can curtail this
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Skills102(m): 12:23am On Apr 17, 2016
Chimapeters:

Hello Gudmrn my broad and to all Engineers on here.

To respond to your PC's issue,

There are a lot of issues that could make your screen not come up, listed in the order of troubleshooting;

1. Bad ram
2. Bad VGA
3. Bad Screen flex/Screen itself
4. Bad processor although this rarely happens

First step, it would be nice to observe this

I suppose your PC plays a rythmic tune when powered ON while it was working perfectly... if it still plays this tune in its current state, then you are lucky to spend a minimum of 2000 to replace the bad ram.

Let me know your findings
it dosnt play any sound wen bin put ON..latelt it just shows a blank white screen..
God bless.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Franklyly: 1:54am On Apr 17, 2016
Ok so my problem is that 2 days ago my laptop (hp pavilion 15) gives me a little pop up notification whenever I plug in my headphones that says "you have just unplugged a device from the audio jack", then when I actually do unplug it it tells me "You have just plugged in a device to the audio jack" and thus the laptop speakers don't speak but headphones do speak....somebody with a solution shud help me pls,
Chimapeters
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Meklex(m): 2:42am On Apr 17, 2016
Chimapeters:

Leave me your email add
I installed avira and it was requesting for network. Does it need network?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Chimapeters(m): 3:40am On Apr 17, 2016
Meklex:
I installed avira and it was requesting for network. Does it need network?

Yes, but trust it is no hassle as long as u have a good network, best part it's virus definition updates easily and of cos it requires ur permission to do an update, which I will recommend u keep close check on. it is 50mb on ur first update.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Chimapeters(m): 4:03am On Apr 17, 2016
Franklyly:
Ok so my problem is that 2 days ago my laptop (hp pavilion 15) gives me a little pop up notification whenever I plug in my headphones that says "you have just unplugged a device from the audio jack", then when I actually do unplug it it tells me "You have just plugged in a device to the audio jack" and thus the laptop speakers don't speak but headphones do speak....somebody with a solution shud help me pls,
Chimapeters

Not sure with this one but as long as your headphones still works fine, I don't think you should worry much, else I think it is a problem from the registry. I suggest you should do a recovery to an earlier time.

About the inbuilt speakers not working;
1. Do make sure you have your PCs audio card properly driven.

2. Check to be sure mute is disabled.

3. Else bros na to change the speakers.

Please do let know me how it turns out on the former solution prescribed.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Franklyly: 5:58am On Apr 17, 2016
Chimapeters:

Not sure with this one but as long as your headphones still works fine, I don't think you should worry much, else I think it is a problem from the registry. I suggest you should do a recovery to an earlier time.

how can I do the registry recovery to an earlier time
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kwinsliy(m): 12:10pm On Apr 17, 2016
Goodmorning everyone. Need some help here. With system issues. My system no longer boots . if I turn it on , it will just go off by itself within two minutes. Even without me shutting it down. Any solution pls?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 12:58pm On Apr 17, 2016
kwinsliy:
Goodmorning everyone. Need some help here. With system issues. My system no longer boots . if I turn it on , it will just go off by itself within two minutes. Even without me shutting it down. Any solution pls?

What is the maker of your laptop?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Abcruz(m): 2:32pm On Apr 17, 2016
Abcruz:
My hp mini do rejects some usb, Pls help with anyway i can curtail this
Any solution? Pls i need ur help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kimmyslaw(m): 3:37pm On Apr 17, 2016
hello, I upgraded my system to windows 8 pro, I installed all n necessary drivers, but I cnt locate my bluetooth device#help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by airsaylongcon: 3:51pm On Apr 17, 2016
Chimapeters:

What does it mean to have a card "properly driven"?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by spykid014(f): 5:24pm On Apr 17, 2016
Hello All,

My Dell inspiron 15 core i3 laptop won't power on. When I press the power button, it makes this beeping sound continuously, but won't come on. The light on the cd rom blinks.

It used to come on in the past if I keep pressing the power button on and off, after the beeping sound, it would come on eventually.

The laptop was bought brand new in 2013. It has never fallen, no liquid on it, no even a drop of swear or wet fingers. What could be the issue? Please help a sistah!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 5:29pm On Apr 17, 2016
spykid014:
Hello All,

My Dell inspiron 15 core i3 laptop won't power on. When I press the power button, it makes this beeping sound continuously, but won't come on. The light on the cd rom blinks.

It used to come on in the past if I keep pressing the power button on and off, after the beeping sound, it would come on eventually.

The laptop was bought brand new in 2013. It has never fallen, no liquid on it, no even a drop of swear or wet fingers. What could be the issue? Please help a sistah!

You have to consult an engineer
If you don't mind, you can come to computer village
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 5:34pm On Apr 17, 2016
Kimmyslaw:
hello, I upgraded my system to windows 8 pro, I installed all n necessary drivers, but I cnt locate my bluetooth device#help

Have you install the neccesary driver for bluetooth.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Oladenis(m): 5:53pm On Apr 17, 2016
pls help me about my pc windows 8.1 activation key, its writing it on screen that i should go to settings to activate it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 6:18pm On Apr 17, 2016
Oladenis:
pls help me about my pc windows 8.1 activation key, its writing it on screen that i should go to settings to activate it

You have to activate it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dayveed1(m): 6:36pm On Apr 17, 2016
Please help my pc screen is displaying blank and sometimes it'll display normally but now its completely showing blank screen with an ink vertically lined through the screen... Hp pavilion dm4 to be precise..

(1) (2) (3) ... (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) (698) ... (1231) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.