Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,759 members, 7,875,912 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:33 AM

He Is From Imo.... So Sad - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Is From Imo.... So Sad (3954 Views)

See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. / Lady Leaves Suicide Note As Her Boyfriend Ikenna Eze From Imo Dumps Her (Photos) / If Your Wife/girlfriend Is Not From Imo State, Forget It! (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Is From Imo.... So Sad by Nobody: 10:08am On Mar 26, 2016
Hello landers ... I have finally found love after searching for so long but the problems is dat he is from imo and I'm from delta.. I don't have a problems with marrying an imo guy but I heard imo state parents are tribalistic.... Most of dem like their kids marrying from their tribes.... Am just scared for our relationship... Something deep within me is telling me we might not end up together bcus of dis tribe issue and he is even d first child.... ve asked him about his parents and he told me his parents are strict but have not showed any sign against marrying from other tribes.... Please I need mature minds to advice me on what to do because I don't wanna waste my time on any man cry cry cry
Re: He Is From Imo.... So Sad by Nobody: 10:13am On Mar 26, 2016
It all boils down to your guy, if he truly loves you like you love him, he'd do anything to marry you including going against his parents wishes (even if they're the worst bigots). Cases like this abound in reality not only nollywood, so cheer up dearie
Re: He Is From Imo.... So Sad by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 10:14am On Mar 26, 2016
yelloooo!

it's 2016 angry

1 Like

Re: He Is From Imo.... So Sad by chivic(m): 10:18am On Mar 26, 2016
My dear it all depends on certain key issues.
Which you must tactically find out.
1) what level of influence does his parents have over him?
2) does his parents respect his decision as the first born? I.e is he man enough to take a million dollar decision and stand by it?
3)Are his parents truly born again?
Understanding
If you can get a 60% favorable answer then pray and continue
Re: He Is From Imo.... So Sad by yawgirlfriend(f): 10:18am On Mar 26, 2016
Hello Pfft! funny how some people are in 2016 instead of.1931
If there's LOVE in the relationship, nothing will stop him from marrying you. *Sips.Hotcoke*
Re: He Is From Imo.... So Sad by ammyluv2002(f): 10:20am On Mar 26, 2016
Don't be scared! Give it a try. You can't judge every Imo State parents.

I can understand your fears tho! My sis married from Imo State and lipsrsealed lipsrsealed but, it all depends on the family of the guy
Re: He Is From Imo.... So Sad by AlexCk: 10:25am On Mar 26, 2016
yawgirlfriend:

*Sips.Hotcoke*

*take d hotcoke from her, drinks it n run* grin

Ehen, Op, u say his parents are "tribalistic", but d ish is, does he wanna get hitched wif u, if yes, then, the ball is in his court, no need to worry, if i were u, i would be worried abt the guy not "using n dumping ya"

Saddist:
Hello landers ... I have finally found love after searching for so long but the problems is dat he is from imo and I'm from delta.. I don't have a problems with marrying an imo guy but I heard imo state parents are tribalistic.... Most of dem like their kids marrying from their tribes.... Am just scared for our relationship... Something deep within me is telling me we might not end up together bcus of dis tribe issue and he is even d first child.... ve asked him about his parents and he told me his parents are strict but have not showed any sign against marrying from other tribes.... Please I need mature minds to advice me on what to do because I don't wanna waste my time on any man cry cry cry
Re: He Is From Imo.... So Sad by blackjack21(m): 10:26am On Mar 26, 2016
So Igbos have tribal bigotry against themselves. :-(
Re: He Is From Imo.... So Sad by cruzita(f): 10:27am On Mar 26, 2016
well it all depends on your guy
Re: He Is From Imo.... So Sad by Cutehector(m): 10:27am On Mar 26, 2016
I'v always wished to marry a deltan
Re: He Is From Imo.... So Sad by gamaliel121(m): 10:29am On Mar 26, 2016
Suigeneris93:
It all boils down to your guy, if he truly loves you like you love him, he'd do anything to marry you including going against his parents wishes (even if they're the worst bigots). Cases like this abound in reality not only nollywood, so cheer up dearie

It is not as easy as you think dear..

He will not just go against his parents wish because of love..trust me..I have witnessed situations like this and most times the relationship ended!!
Re: He Is From Imo.... So Sad by Nobody: 10:29am On Mar 26, 2016
Saddist:
Don't let that bring you down. If it's meant to be, it's meant to be. Marriage should be natural thing. Where in Delta State are you from?
Re: He Is From Imo.... So Sad by Dygeasy(m): 10:39am On Mar 26, 2016
Such a pessimist.

Have you even met his family yet? Trust me you're going to mess up on all grounds when you eventually meet his family if you keep having these thoughts. You shouldn't be bothered about what his family would think of you when you haven't met them. Instead, make yourself worthy of being taken to his family. When you're worthy and his family disapproves then I am sure he would do anything to show them you're worth it and there's nothing they can do to get in the way.

One step at a time dear.

4 Likes

Re: He Is From Imo.... So Sad by yawgirlfriend(f): 10:49am On Mar 26, 2016
*take d hotcoke from her, drinks it n run* grin #StaresAtHisAssLessButAsHeRuns# #Laughing# That is not the real.coke oh
Re: He Is From Imo.... So Sad by Flawlessangel(m): 10:56am On Mar 26, 2016
You have nothing to worry about,
if you were yoruba for example, that's when you should worry
Re: He Is From Imo.... So Sad by refiner(f): 11:01am On Mar 26, 2016
am from IMO state too and av seen and experienced a similar case!

buh op believe me,its a personal conviction, it varies,not all parents believe in such a tin...especially educated parents!
Re: He Is From Imo.... So Sad by pacino26(m): 11:04am On Mar 26, 2016
Cutehector:
I'v always wished to marry a deltan

Walahi, their bride price is rated cheapest plus the girls there got some good manners but the average Warri girl na.......

@topic

My dear, parents will always have a say in their son's/daughter's choice of partner. Don't base your judgment on general stereotyping of a particular state, have you really had time to visit the family house while you guys were still dating or was it upon issuance of a love band on your middle finger? You can't just conclude unless you've heard them made certain remarks directly or indirectly at you or in any other general discussion. Work on your personality first, study both posted critically like you're preparing for UTME. Pray thenapproach your would be MIL that's where to start. It all boils down to who they perceive you to be not where you're from.

No much talk from me but your fiance have a role to play too, to stand by you and make sure they experience first hand the error in their assertion through your character. I keep saying inter-tribal couples serve as AMBASSADORS of their home state because a lot is learnt and deduced from their way of life while far off from home.
Re: He Is From Imo.... So Sad by Bluezy13(m): 11:14am On Mar 26, 2016
chivic:
My dear it all depends on certain key issues.
Which you must tactically find out.
1) what level of influence does his parents have over him?
2) does his parents respect his decision as the first born? I.e is he man enough to take a million dollar decision and stand by it?
3)Are his parents truly born again?
Understanding
If you can get a 60% favorable answer then pray and continue
60% favourable answer
Christianity or no Christianity,
Maturity or Immaturity,

Even with 60%, You ain't nearing the guy if the mother alone disagrees.
Just be sure to please the old woman.
The woman can take care of the husband.
Re: He Is From Imo.... So Sad by Bluezy13(m): 11:16am On Mar 26, 2016
Suigeneris93:
You are not a fan of peaceful marriage/family life
Re: He Is From Imo.... So Sad by MUVA(m): 11:23am On Mar 26, 2016
refiner:
am from IMO state too and av seen and experienced a similar case!

buh op believe me,its a personal conviction, it varies,not all parents believe in such a tin...especially educated parents!

What part?
Re: He Is From Imo.... So Sad by refiner(f): 11:25am On Mar 26, 2016
MUVA:

What part?

are u from IMO too?
Re: He Is From Imo.... So Sad by MUVA(m): 11:27am On Mar 26, 2016
refiner:

are u from IMO too?
Yea. Orlu. And you?
Re: He Is From Imo.... So Sad by MUVA(m): 11:27am On Mar 26, 2016
refiner:

are u from IMO too?
Yea. Orlu. And you?
Re: He Is From Imo.... So Sad by refiner(f): 11:32am On Mar 26, 2016
MUVA:

Yea. Orlu. And you?
close to orlu!....can't disclose it here!smiley
Re: He Is From Imo.... So Sad by vickypark(f): 11:51am On Mar 26, 2016
Everything has to come from the mind.you haven't met his parents yet so dnt conclude.Ethnicity/Tribalism,is a major problem in this country it has to do with understanding everybody involve.
try visiting his parents and know the kind of person dey are instead of hear say from people.
I am from IMO,most of my siblings got married to Yorubas and dey are living happily.some from other eastern part and just two got married from Imo.
babe take it to God,and all will be well.
wish you the best.

1 Like

Re: He Is From Imo.... So Sad by Synzu(m): 11:54am On Mar 26, 2016
refiner:

close to orlu!....can't disclose it here!smiley
Njaaba? Ideato North or South? Owerri??
Re: He Is From Imo.... So Sad by Nobody: 12:24pm On Mar 26, 2016
Saddist:
.... ve asked him about his parents and he told me his parents are strict but have not showed any sign against marrying from other tribes....
Why don't you guys test the waters first and see. Let him sneakily mention to his parents that he has found his wife to be, naturally they would ask about you, then he would mention that ur from delta. From there he would gauge their reaction in the days that follow.
I think that's a more directioned approach instead of you guys tagging along, wasting alot of time and when hez had his satisfaction of you, he'd wake up one morning and be like : "obim am not sure we can get married ooo. nna you know my people wouldn't accept a delta girl". By then it would be a little too late.

1 Like

Re: He Is From Imo.... So Sad by Nobody: 12:37pm On Mar 26, 2016
Haha, not to deter your search for advice but this just reminded me of something that happened recently.

I came home from school as per break tinz. On Friday I just land and sleep, Saturday morning my mum is disturbing me that visitors are coming. "Who and why?" I ask and I get really vague answers. "Oh they want to see my pops, oh they're from our village, oh they are pastors and they want to talk about God." I say ok, it doesn't consine me shey? My mum is like of course not.

So I just help cook and clean like the angel I am and continue making plans for the weekend. My sis was going to come around and we would go "shop till we drop" after which I would play my life away with various friends so you can see I was fully booked grin

Na so these visitors (a man and his wife) enter our house, I go greet them, they're just staring at me like say I be from Mars. They wanna ask me a billion questions; Nonye where do u school, what level are you in, what course, where are your sisters, how many eyelashes do you have, what is the true meaning of life etc etc. The old man even asks me to sit down and sing so he can play his guitar, I'm just wondering to my self wetin do these people? Finally I convince them to let me leave and grab my mum for them because they're her business not mine.

These people stayed two days and tbh those days were hellish grin. They were just obsessed with my sister and I always asking where we were and what we're doing, we couldn't even move freely in the house. All my plans washed down the drain because anytime I walked passed them or dressed to go out, the old man would either call me or ask my parents where I'm going cry And my parents themselves don't usually ask. They ruined my weekend and asked me too many personal kweshions

After when they finallyyyyy leave after making me promise to go visit them (ifihear) I ask my pops about his village people like "What was that all about". Na so I hear that the pastor's son is in love with a Rwandan girl and his parents are flipping out and basically they came to our house to scope us out. My older sis was pissed and she said she's not going to be coming back home if they're bringing annoying ppl like that. My dad was pissed too because he felt the people were rude. I just thought it funny that a 26yr old guy still sends mommy and daddy to do his dirty work for him.

They ruined my weekend sha grin My point is, don't count on his parents to accept you. Igbo people get craze grin

2 Likes

Re: He Is From Imo.... So Sad by ThisYourTatafo: 12:49pm On Mar 26, 2016
Saddist:

HAVE U SEEN THAT PIC OF THAT LADY WHO LAID ON THE FLOOR AT SHILOH? WELL ITS A MEME AND EVEN AS HILARIOUS AS THE PIC SEEMED, WISDOM HIDES underneath. USE YOUR TONGUE COUNT YOUR TEETH
Re: He Is From Imo.... So Sad by Nobody: 12:49pm On Mar 26, 2016
[email] This is so stupid_. Like WTF would their advice do? Change the mindset you have about igbo or what? You don't need an advice for this, meet his parents. If they like you, your luck. If not, you move on! [/email]
Re: He Is From Imo.... So Sad by sinistermind(m): 12:56pm On Mar 26, 2016
I'm from the most criticised and feared part in Imo, but I tell you that no member of my close family is anything like what the people from my side are described as. My folks are very liberal and this tribe ish don't even matter to them.
Re: He Is From Imo.... So Sad by Nobody: 12:57pm On Mar 26, 2016
MrsPhyno:

story.
[email] Fuckin.g long unnecessary story! [/email]

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sex Tips: Things You Don’t Need To Do Before Sex / The Other Room / My First Sex Xperience With A Girl I No Longer Want, How Do I Run?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.