Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,479 members, 7,897,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 03:36 AM

"Nobody Can Stop Us From Moving Our Cattle Around Nigeria"-fulani Herdsmen Warns - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Nobody Can Stop Us From Moving Our Cattle Around Nigeria"-fulani Herdsmen Warns (42035 Views)

Neither Senate Nor DSS Can Stop My Fight Against Corruption — Magu / Nobody Can Stop Us From Grazing Our Cattle In The South — Fulani Herdsmen Boas / No One Can Stop Us From Grazing In The South — Fulani Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Nobody Can Stop Us From Moving Our Cattle Around Nigeria"-fulani Herdsmen Warns by Melkizedek(m): 11:43pm On Mar 26, 2016
Sheggy13:

Abi na. I guess you're referring to sophisticated people of Enugu who are the Fulani herdsmen favourite victims after Benue people. See links from your Ipob preferred newspaper Vanguard..You guys are the worst set of cowards beating on empty chests and giving useless ultimatums. Instead of the south to speak in one voice against these evil herdsmen, you I.diot feel it's a Yoruba thing only while your people are being decimated by these same set of people.
www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/fulani-herdsmen-invade-enugu-community-kill-two-19-missing/
www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/fulani-herdsmen-kill-village-chief-in-enugu/
Who is this degenerate? Get thee behind me thou simpleton! Easterners have never been associated with cowardice in the history of Nigeria.. They have proven themselves before and still do till date..
Re: "Nobody Can Stop Us From Moving Our Cattle Around Nigeria"-fulani Herdsmen Warns by ransomed: 11:46pm On Mar 26, 2016
Pesticides, toxicants and systemic poisons are the best way to deal with nomads. No to destructive vagabonds, no to fulani herdsmen with Ak47. Mr Moderator , you can ban me as usual for telling people defensive strategies.
Re: "Nobody Can Stop Us From Moving Our Cattle Around Nigeria"-fulani Herdsmen Warns by PraiseGyps(f): 11:52pm On Mar 26, 2016
Are these animals okay..
.so govt no fit stop una abi?
Enough is enough for diz Fulani pple
Re: "Nobody Can Stop Us From Moving Our Cattle Around Nigeria"-fulani Herdsmen Warns by lumeneng22: 11:58pm On Mar 26, 2016
All of you are condemig the idea that it will not work, so na people cassava farm and yam fa go work?
Re: "Nobody Can Stop Us From Moving Our Cattle Around Nigeria"-fulani Herdsmen Warns by coolscott(m): 12:12am On Mar 27, 2016
inlandtaipan:
This news is worrisome ooo, what's buhari doing about it?
Nothing we can see so far
Re: "Nobody Can Stop Us From Moving Our Cattle Around Nigeria"-fulani Herdsmen Warns by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:26am On Mar 27, 2016
codedguy1:
35million fulani herdmen?

Does this number include the cows or what?

Lol! You spotted this nonsense also! If each herdsman had a small family of say, two others only then that would be 105 million. Add in a few million more for the Fulani who are not herdsman and we would have between half and two thirds of the Nigerian population as Fulani!!!!!! Na wa o! Lol.

In fact the total numbers of Fulani in Naija itself are around 7 million. I am sure not all of these are herdsmen. We may have to allow for well over half being women and children. And I am sure some of the men may have OTHER kinds of jobs. I suspect that 1 million is a generous figure. So I think our poster above was correct - they must have counted the cows and each herdsman must have on average 34 cows!
Re: "Nobody Can Stop Us From Moving Our Cattle Around Nigeria"-fulani Herdsmen Warns by Kunlegzy(m): 12:39am On Mar 27, 2016
Redomi:
Are these Fulani crazy? They don't have the spirit of forgiveness in them.
Don't come to Southwest here and try that rubbish. I trust Ondo state people, they don't take shit from normad.

Which Ondo People? Here in Alagbaka Extention, the grass we planted late last year were consumed by the animals. Myself and our security man pleaded, instead of issuing threats lol. We don't want a situation whereby Fulani men will come in the night to set fire on our property. grin
Re: "Nobody Can Stop Us From Moving Our Cattle Around Nigeria"-fulani Herdsmen Warns by Irishrena1(f): 12:57am On Mar 27, 2016
rapistbuhari:

They are planning to kill our business. They shouldn’t tamper with our means of livelihood and find an alternative means of resolving their problems, and not create another because this move is unacceptable.”

https://www.naij.com/778244-never-cant-stop-us-moving-cattle-around-fulani-herdsmen-issue-threat.html

They said that
We are planning to kill their business. (So the killings they perpetuate is business to them? Can their daddy Buhari accept now that his kinsmen and family members are the ones sponsoring this terror that his people have taken as a means of livelihood? The rich be paying the poor for their services of terrorism)

2. We should find an alternative means of solving "our " problem
(Obviously it is not a problem to the average northerner. But of course! They are the ones benefiting out of it).

3. We should not create another ( problem ) because asking them to stop their nomadic grazing is (unacceptable) to them.

Subtle, covert threat.

Buhari and your brothers. Una try o but Gid strong pass Una. They say that "he who the gods want to kill, they first make mad"
Re: "Nobody Can Stop Us From Moving Our Cattle Around Nigeria"-fulani Herdsmen Warns by Life4Varnity: 1:21am On Mar 27, 2016
funnynation:
Moving cattle from one place to another wit AK47..I wonder for Buhari. Na wa for una oo. I pity Agatu people sha..

Nairaland official comedian
can I be your PA? so that when u blow by Gods grace u won't bother searching for PA all about. All I need is Yes
Re: "Nobody Can Stop Us From Moving Our Cattle Around Nigeria"-fulani Herdsmen Warns by preselect(m): 1:30am On Mar 27, 2016
MyGeneration:
How i wish we Igbos can develop this Fulani kind of as we both are travellers.

[size=13pt]we are not barbaric. we play fair. but these murderers, emboldened by their brother in aso rock, will stop at nothing until they subjugate the rest of the nation, all with the connivance of terrohammadu himself.

when I called mr buhari a terrorist people thought i was being politically defiant, but this guy is blood thirsty, doesnt care, doesnt wanna care. see his interview with al jazeera and the slain innocent protesters. no remorse. not giving a damn.

more is to come. . . . let them keep chanting sai buhari. chant it in enugu, umuahia, aba and owerri. chant it in father mbaka's church. chant it everywhere. . . until the cattle roar past their villages leaving a trail of blood . . . . . . . . . . then they may chant chai buhari
[/size]
#ItoldYouSo

Re: "Nobody Can Stop Us From Moving Our Cattle Around Nigeria"-fulani Herdsmen Warns by repogirl(f): 2:50am On Mar 27, 2016
They are illiterates sha.

Is that how people carry cattle all-over the place in developed countries? True true, they need education.
Re: "Nobody Can Stop Us From Moving Our Cattle Around Nigeria"-fulani Herdsmen Warns by JayJustus(m): 3:49am On Mar 27, 2016
in as much as I always send thunder to northern people but I think we should leave them...I study tourism and I think we can benefit from this...if you know what rural tourism is then you'd support to allow them be...look at the Maasai people in Kenya they are uncontacted people but to see them you pay around 25dollz as entry fee...so let them be and let's make money off these...
Re: "Nobody Can Stop Us From Moving Our Cattle Around Nigeria"-fulani Herdsmen Warns by tarano: 4:07am On Mar 27, 2016
We need to go back to our roots. Our ancestors were hunters. Example Just saw this exhibition. Very interesting.

The Nagô Hunters of the Bantè Kingdom, established in the fourteenth century, form a brotherhood of hunters, placed under the authority of a traditional King. The Kingdom is located in the heart of Benin republic, in the Bantè forest, the Collines Department. The 27 villages of the Kingdom comprise Chiefs Hunters. At the expense of hunting great game, now abandoned, the Hunters have become the essential players in the conservation of their environment, through defending the Bantè Forest on one hand and through protecting their cultural heritage on the other. Guardians of a rich tradition intimately linked with the forest, the Nagô Hunters notably conserve an exceptional knowledge of treatments based on the use of medicinal plants.

We need to know our forests like the way these hunters know their forest. No Fulani can displace them. It is only in Nigeria that Fulani herders have so much protection. They do not try all this problem in Benin, Togo, Ghana, Burkina Faso, and Mali.

http://www.exhibitionsinternational.org/create_more.asp?isbn=9782960114805

Re: "Nobody Can Stop Us From Moving Our Cattle Around Nigeria"-fulani Herdsmen Warns by nini007(m): 4:32am On Mar 27, 2016
rapistbuhari:
– Fulani herdsmen are not buying the idea of grazing reserve

– Some of them see it as an infringement of their rights to movement

– There is suggestion that the herdsmen be educated on the importance The nomadic practice of moving cattle from one place to the other that is common among Fulani herdsmen in Nigeria has led to violent clashes between the herdsmen and farmers but the end of these confrontations doesn’t seem to be near. This is because the idea of providing permanent grazing reserves for herdsmen to prevent them from roaming with their cattle from the northern part of the country to the largely agrarian south is not welcomed by some herdsmen who feel their right to movement is going to be infringed.

In a report published by Daily trust, some herdsmen and milk sellers expressed displeasure at the idea of restricting their movement and claimed cattle could not survive restrictions. A herdsman, Muhammadu Tukur said the idea of a permanent reserve will not work.
“It will not work out because we always relocate to where pasture can be found.” Adamu Birniwa who is the secretary of the state chapter of Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association said he was aware of the federal government’s plan and that there was plan to educate the herdsmen on the importance and benefit of the grazing reserve. Halilu Alhaji Ya’u who is a herdsman condemned the idea and said it would not work. “If what you are saying becomes reality, it will inconvenience us.”

Alhaji Muhammad Hussaini who is the chairman of the Nasarawa state Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association, Nigeria said it was a bad idea and an invitation for to trouble. “We have over 35 million Fulani herdsmen in the country and stopping their movement with cattle might not be possible.” “If you force a Fulani man not to move with his cattle, you are inviting trouble.”
Hadiza Umar who sells Fura Da Nono rejected the idea and said it might kill her business.

“If you stop moving cattle how do you feed them? Do you think you will get grasses and water from a location to feed them? Where are we going to get the milk? If you don’t get the milk from the cattle rearers in the bush, where do we get it? They are planning to kill our business. They shouldn’t tamper with our means of livelihood and find an alternative means of resolving their problems, and not create another because this move is unacceptable.”
The debate rages on…

https://www.naij.com/778244-never-cant-stop-us-moving-cattle-around-fulani-herdsmen-issue-threat.html
why has d President no looked into this issue? Simple: cos he is one of them...
Re: "Nobody Can Stop Us From Moving Our Cattle Around Nigeria"-fulani Herdsmen Warns by Greenback: 5:34am On Mar 27, 2016
Sheggy13 AKA Sophiscated ZOMBIE:

Abi na. I guess you're referring to sophisticated people of Enugu who are the Fulani herdsmen favourite victims after Benue people. See links from your Ipob preferred newspaper Vanguard..Empty chest beaters.
www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/fulani-herdsmen-invade-enugu-community-kill-two-19-missing/

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/fulani-herdsmen-kill-village-chief-in-enugu/

AKA Z.MBI.,"The Obsersver" is the official journal of Edo state,and there aint a single report of fulani (ur fav halloween) herdsmen attack...n guess what,thats my state..so do urself a favor,quit mouthfoaming n shove that enugu analysis up ur sophiscated arsse...lollz
Re: "Nobody Can Stop Us From Moving Our Cattle Around Nigeria"-fulani Herdsmen Warns by DeadWrong: 5:59am On Mar 27, 2016
tbanty1:
smile.. SW re noise makers, nd dey flogged, disgrace nd yeye ur Eze idigo in d presence of ur ipob pple..? U re truly on point guy.
I ain't talking about ipob guy. Between, This is coming from a very objecting SW guy.
Re: "Nobody Can Stop Us From Moving Our Cattle Around Nigeria"-fulani Herdsmen Warns by Sheggy13(m): 6:29am On Mar 27, 2016
Melkizedek:

Who is this degenerate? Get thee behind me thou simpleton! Easterners have never been associated with cowardice in the history of Nigeria.. They have proven themselves before and still do till date..
Zombie o Zombie.. Even with links to show the stories, you still deny it. Not surprised though. Empty chestbeating and issuing baseless ultimatums are your pasttimes. Talking about cowardice, go and ask your Eze in my Akure how he was flogged back to his senses and your people had to beg to be allowed to trade in the markets there again. You fools think you can come online and talk about my people in such degrading way and we watch you. I don't converse with retards like you. I only deal on evidence and that's why I attached those links but I know most of you will call white black even if it's staring at you in the face.
Re: "Nobody Can Stop Us From Moving Our Cattle Around Nigeria"-fulani Herdsmen Warns by Sheggy13(m): 6:39am On Mar 27, 2016
247notire:

Stop the hate. You're only going to make your bile level higher.
Tell that to your Igbo who decided to make this thread about Yorubas, like the Fulani herdsmen menace is restricted to Yorubalands. We all read about the sad occurrences in Benue and the ones in Enugu too.
Re: "Nobody Can Stop Us From Moving Our Cattle Around Nigeria"-fulani Herdsmen Warns by Sheggy13(m): 6:42am On Mar 27, 2016
[quote author=Greenback post=44144287]

AKA Z.MBI.,"The Obsersver" is the official journal of Edo state,and there aint a single report of fulani (ur fav halloween) herdsmen attack...n guess what,thats my state..so do urself a favor,quit mouthfoaming n shove that enugu analysis up ur sophiscated arsse...lollz[/quote
Stfu man. We're discussing major tribes here, you're talking of Edo state. Tell your Bleep.ing Edo state journal to focus on his people and not link Fulani herdsmen menace to Yorubas. Now run along kid.
Re: "Nobody Can Stop Us From Moving Our Cattle Around Nigeria"-fulani Herdsmen Warns by Ibolt4m(m): 6:47am On Mar 27, 2016
As a delta...those herdsmen are really working hard in d nite moving their cows,bit I hvnt seen any in d day time,than killing people in other state doesn't mk sense.....they shouldn't think those people cant kill too,our religion teaches us how to love 1 an other,mk peace,those herdsmen are really inviting trouble for themslf,....something lyk d devil use em mostly in causing trouble to d nation
Re: "Nobody Can Stop Us From Moving Our Cattle Around Nigeria"-fulani Herdsmen Warns by Greenback: 6:53am On Mar 27, 2016
Sheggy13:

lollz....haba,not a mention of enugu again? Ah,my mistakes! Hes shoved it up there...lollllllll
anyways,have a splendid and sophiscated Happy Easter..
Re: "Nobody Can Stop Us From Moving Our Cattle Around Nigeria"-fulani Herdsmen Warns by Nobody: 7:05am On Mar 27, 2016
OROSUNBOLB:

Just ensure you have enough strong men and ammunition to repel the herdsmen reprisal attack in your community. They will come in large numbers,fully armed and launch their merciless attack in the dead of the night. The best way to fight and defeat fulanis is to take the fight to them in a broad daylight.

You have to launch incessant and merciless attacks against their settlements until they leave your area. Fulanis are highly vicious people and they don't forgive.

They don't mess-up again with my people in Oke-Ogun because they have realised that 'the gentility of a Tiger is not a sign of timidity'. So, poisoning their herds is cowardly; you must confront and defeat them!

You are right.
My measure it a silent one. Cost effective

1 Like

Re: "Nobody Can Stop Us From Moving Our Cattle Around Nigeria"-fulani Herdsmen Warns by suny247: 7:30am On Mar 27, 2016
arrant nonsense. them no fit try am com my na
Re: "Nobody Can Stop Us From Moving Our Cattle Around Nigeria"-fulani Herdsmen Warns by suny247: 7:32am On Mar 27, 2016
arrant nonsense. them no fit try am com my area na. mhen I De vex o
Re: "Nobody Can Stop Us From Moving Our Cattle Around Nigeria"-fulani Herdsmen Warns by Ninilowo(m): 7:43am On Mar 27, 2016
ItzTun3chi:
Abi fulani ati malu ya were ni angry
won ti ya were gaan ni
Re: "Nobody Can Stop Us From Moving Our Cattle Around Nigeria"-fulani Herdsmen Warns by funnynation(m): 7:57am On Mar 27, 2016
Life4Varnity:
can I be your PA? so that when u blow by Gods grace u won't bother searching for PA all about. All I need is Yes
*smile* thank you! I still have a long way to go
Re: "Nobody Can Stop Us From Moving Our Cattle Around Nigeria"-fulani Herdsmen Warns by Reference(m): 8:01am On Mar 27, 2016
Only restructuring can save this country. Any leader that desires to leave the country in a better shape than he met it had better take heed.
Re: "Nobody Can Stop Us From Moving Our Cattle Around Nigeria"-fulani Herdsmen Warns by divine9540: 8:17am On Mar 27, 2016
please come to d east.we will bury u guys
Re: "Nobody Can Stop Us From Moving Our Cattle Around Nigeria"-fulani Herdsmen Warns by Vomm: 8:41am On Mar 27, 2016
Of course na! Fulani and cow, wetin be the difference?

codedguy1:
35million fulani herdmen?

Does this number include the cows or what?
Re: "Nobody Can Stop Us From Moving Our Cattle Around Nigeria"-fulani Herdsmen Warns by shiimah: 8:58am On Mar 27, 2016
LOL.... Aboki will always be aboki... Lemme reserve ma comment
Re: "Nobody Can Stop Us From Moving Our Cattle Around Nigeria"-fulani Herdsmen Warns by shachris02: 10:28am On Mar 27, 2016
kenonze:
No point chasing Fulani herdsmen up and down.
Just spray chemical e.g. "snipper" on ur farmland.

All their cattle will die

go put on your bra
Re: "Nobody Can Stop Us From Moving Our Cattle Around Nigeria"-fulani Herdsmen Warns by Nobody: 12:33pm On Mar 27, 2016
shachris02:

go put on your bra

None of ur business.

Whatever i do is for my happiness

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Umahi Praises Buhari Who Has Ebonyi Housemaid & Cook. Nigerians React / Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal / Bayelsa: 8 Lawmakers, 11 Commissioners, 6 LGA Chairmen, 83 Councillors Decamp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.