Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,949 members, 7,969,907 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 04:26 PM

Whats The Current Cost Of Clearing A Car From Customs? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Whats The Current Cost Of Clearing A Car From Customs? (784 Views)

Man Hangs ₦540million Super Car From The Ceiling Of His Apartment In U.S.(Photo) / 7 Steps To Buy Your Car From USA And Ship To Nigeria Without Leaving Your Bed. / Advantages And Disadvantages Of Buying Your Car From Cotonou (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats The Current Cost Of Clearing A Car From Customs? by Moniker254: 11:44am On Mar 27, 2016
Hello All,

Pls I'm considering bringing in a Toyota Corolla 2005 model from Canada to Nigeria. The purchase price($4k) + Shipping($2k) from Canada is about $6k.

I really want to know how much it will take to clear the car in Nigeria. Is there a fixed percentage based on the year of the car. Pls with the detail I just gave I need to know the recent cost of clearing, because I heard there's a new automotive policy (duty) now. Help is needed pls as I want to know which is cheaper: Buying from Cotonou, Buying in Nigeria or Bringing it in myself from Canada.

Thanks for your anticipated response/assistance.
Re: Whats The Current Cost Of Clearing A Car From Customs? by sultaan(m): 1:52pm On Mar 27, 2016
You shouldn't have done that I thought we all agreed that no one should ship anything to Nigeria because we are considered economic saboteurs.

If all importers shut down for a year we will adjust to using made in naija or imported by the approved few(reminds me of North Korea)

Anyway put over $2200 aside for duty you may have done better in cotonou.
Re: Whats The Current Cost Of Clearing A Car From Customs? by Moniker254: 6:51pm On Mar 27, 2016
Who's the 'We'. Besides, the logical thing to do when making a decision such as buying a car is to consider alternatives and explore the cheapest yet best option. This is what makes one a rational thinker.

Its easy to give the above kind of suggestions until you are in the shoes of the decision maker. There are some things Nigeria hasn't gotten right and I'm not going to be the first to test it with my hard earned money.

Tell our Legislators, Ministers, Governors, ministries and Agencies to use made in Nigeria Cars, then we all will follow. In Nigeria talk is very cheap until execution starts.

Anyway, thanks for the Cotonou and Duty hint. I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Whats The Current Cost Of Clearing A Car From Customs? by sultaan(m): 8:29pm On Mar 27, 2016
That was very funny, so you mean our legislators no get sense?

How did we end up with a house of that is not realistic with legislation.

I was thinking that $8k is too much for a 2005 Corolla and you might be able to do better with the surplus inventory in Cotonou

I hope you understand my view

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Pls, What Is The Name And Year Of Late Philando Castile Car (pics) / Why Is My Steering Hard / Pocket Scan ACTRON OBD2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.