Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,863 members, 7,872,863 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:46 AM

BREAKING: Carl Ikeme Ruled Out Of Tuesday Clash With Egypt - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / BREAKING: Carl Ikeme Ruled Out Of Tuesday Clash With Egypt (23072 Views)

Carl Ikeme Makes First Public Appearance After Battle With Cancer (photos) / Carl Ikeme's Cancer In Remission (Photo) / Nigerians React To Super Eagles' 1 - 1 Draw With Egypt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: Carl Ikeme Ruled Out Of Tuesday Clash With Egypt by nickxtra(m): 5:28pm On Mar 27, 2016
repogirl:
[size=16pt]Vincent Enyeama pleeeeaaaaseeeee come back na!

I will cry for you like that PSquare girl oooo! cry cry cry[/size]
Will he be there for ever?

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Carl Ikeme Ruled Out Of Tuesday Clash With Egypt by Karlovich: 5:30pm On Mar 27, 2016
I believe the game is 7pm Nigerian time, there's still plenty of time for him to fully recover if we are to be optimistic.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Carl Ikeme Ruled Out Of Tuesday Clash With Egypt by Moz22: 5:33pm On Mar 27, 2016
Daniel akpeyi is a better goalie anyday anytime..I don't know why carl is starting in his stead..he is agile and fast unlike carl who is big and can't dive..Its a blessing I must say. Well as for the match, I think Nigeria have nothing to loose, so they'll go all out and attack, attack and attack but plz don't play ambrose. Just stick with the same formation as d last game and keep d concentration level high thruout the entire duration of the match. With God on our side, we will qualify

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Carl Ikeme Ruled Out Of Tuesday Clash With Egypt by mmsen: 5:34pm On Mar 27, 2016
Two different players with the same complaint.

Clearly there are problems with how the NFF handles the Super Eagles besides their stupid decision to play in Kaduna.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Carl Ikeme Ruled Out Of Tuesday Clash With Egypt by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:40pm On Mar 27, 2016
We are paying the price of Pinnick and the NFF insisting on keeping these foreign pros in Kaduna.

Pinnick even insist on playing more games in Kaduna.

#KickOutPinnick

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Carl Ikeme Ruled Out Of Tuesday Clash With Egypt by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:44pm On Mar 27, 2016
Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria

We had an entertaining game and we noted a lot of positive things in that game. Most especially the impressive performances of our youngsters against a top African stars.

Iwobi got his first Super Eagles cap in a competitive game and his pass to Victor Moses showed why the English FA made a last-minute effort to lure the young Arsenal forward to the English side.

Iheanacho showed why he is Manchester City's Best Impact player and Most Lethal Shot Taker with his low power-driven shot saved by the Egyptian goal keeper. Etebo converted an Iheanacho shot that rattled the cross-bar. Iheanacho also showed his versatility when he dropped deep on many occasions to increase the team's fluidity and possession.

Simon Moses was brilliant all through the match and he helped to cover Amuzie when he was off position with Salah exposed. Musa was also brilliant with his perpetrating runs and brilliant shots.

Carl Ikeme's saves helped calm the pain of losing the safe hands of Enyeama. Mikel had a nice game but lost possession on some occasions. Etebo put in good work rate, got the goal and helped distract a Moroccan striker who almost scored after our defence went to sleep during the first half.

Good game collectively but we head to Alexandria, Egypt for a must win tie. I expect the Coaching crew of Coach Siasia and Coach Amunike must have enough knowledge on their players and opponent to give us a win.

I propose we go with a 4-3-3 formation. An attacking line up with three forwards.

----------------------------------Carl Ikeme(GK)----------------------------------------
---------------------Ambrose(CB)----------------Oboabona(CB)------------------
Abdullahi(RB)-----------------------------------------------------------Amuzie(LB)
----------------------Mikel(DMF)-------------------Onazi(DMF)----------------------
--------------------------------------Iwobi(CMF/AMF)--------------------------------
V. Moses(SS)-----------------------------------------------------------S. Moses(SS)
-------------------------------------Iheanacho(CF)------------------------------------------

I feel Odion Ighalo did not bring in invention to his game and limited the team's fluid play. His style of staying close to the defenders all the time will not help the team in Alexandria. At Kaduna, the Egyptian defenders showed they could cope with Ighalo and I feel persisting with him up front will not help our goals.

Iwobi played for Arsenal against Barcelona and did well. He was one of the few bright players in a losing Arsenal side and I feel he can help the team with his brilliant passes. I feel we have found someone who can take the pass master crown from Mikel. Although Mikel brings a lot to the team with his short passes which is key to the team's success.

Onazi should cut his forward runs and let the attacking players do their jobs. Same caution goes to Ambrose. His forward runs were reckless and he put his team mates under a lot of pressure.

I still think Amuzie can cope with Salah if Onazi maintains his position and doubles up with him to stop Salah.

FLY SUPER EAGLES FLY.

https://www.nairaland.com/3013318/predicted-formation-nigeria-beat-egypt

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Carl Ikeme Ruled Out Of Tuesday Clash With Egypt by defashan: 5:56pm On Mar 27, 2016
Sunofgod:
Common stomach upset - silly oyibo man,

You wan make im shyte for his shorts when Salah carry ball go meet am for 18 yard box in Cairo?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Carl Ikeme Ruled Out Of Tuesday Clash With Egypt by sonyoung: 6:06pm On Mar 27, 2016
Super eagles always l match wi excuses before d m match the 1960s

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Carl Ikeme Ruled Out Of Tuesday Clash With Egypt by toprealman: 6:06pm On Mar 27, 2016
these guys are not used to our food.....coupled with the harsh KD weather. I doubt if we have a nutritionist and good chef in that team.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Carl Ikeme Ruled Out Of Tuesday Clash With Egypt by caphone: 6:23pm On Mar 27, 2016
And so? Let someone keep the gloves abeg. Afterall the run mouth wey him do

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Carl Ikeme Ruled Out Of Tuesday Clash With Egypt by HRich(m): 6:43pm On Mar 27, 2016
olokeded:
Super Eagles and Wolverhampton Wanderers of England shot –stopper Carl Ikeme has been ruled out of Tuesday’s 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Egypt in Alexandria.

Ikeme is feeling unwell and the coaches have decided not to risk him in goal on Tuesday during the all -important encounter against the Pharaohs.

Super Eagles team doctor Ibrahim Gyaran said that the goalkeeper has stomach upset which has kept him out of training since Friday’s game in Kaduna.

“After the game last Friday, Carl has been struggling with some stomach upset and it has not allowed him train with the rest of the squad,” Gyaran disclosed.

“He is stable but needs a lot of rest to be back in 100% shape for the kind of high profile game that we have on Tuesday. Considering the amount of travel involved as well, it is best we give him a break,” he added.

Reacting, Head Coach Samson Siasia has allayed fears that the absence of the goalkeeper will hamper the team’s chances of victory on Tuesday.

“We will surely miss Carl but the good thing with our team is that we have capable replacements in every department. Daniel Akpeyi and Ikechukwu Ezenwa are still here and any one of these two will help us get the job done in Alexandria,” Siasia concluded.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/03/carl-ikeme-ruled-out-of-tuesday-clash.html

cc: lalasticlala mynd44
Has Captain Mikel spoken?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Carl Ikeme Ruled Out Of Tuesday Clash With Egypt by HAH: 6:45pm On Mar 27, 2016
Sunnycliff:
May God help them! Maybe Carl has not played in such a hot weather like Kaduna before!

The only place colder than Kaduna in Nigeria is Jos and Mambila
Re: BREAKING: Carl Ikeme Ruled Out Of Tuesday Clash With Egypt by sanko05(m): 7:12pm On Mar 27, 2016
I have confidence in daniel apeyin one of the best goalkeeper in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Carl Ikeme Ruled Out Of Tuesday Clash With Egypt by mymadam(m): 7:25pm On Mar 27, 2016
repogirl:
[size=16pt]...I will cry for you like that PSquare girl oooo! cry cry cry[/size]

Is that you Olajumoke? What do you want from Nigerians again? Abi we neva settle u finish? From loaves of bread to the best wines & ... Nigeria can offer! Abeg free us joor. cheesy

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Carl Ikeme Ruled Out Of Tuesday Clash With Egypt by johnsonjosbles(m): 8:49pm On Mar 27, 2016
damosky12:

Don't say that again. He was humiliated na. Anybody could have been pained by such humiliation. Never jump into conclusion.
footballer are liike soldier,as soldier interest is to defend its contry,so do footballer resposible for making ur contry men happy. Regardless of obstacle. Has sunday Olishe importannt to enyama than we his fans? Ok where is olishe now? We Fan still remain for ever, that's what enyaman shuld have think of!
So if a comander in army embarass a soilder, wil he therefore give up his carrieer? No. I'm a good fan of enyama! But I was disapointed when he left us prematurely for not genue reason.
Re: BREAKING: Carl Ikeme Ruled Out Of Tuesday Clash With Egypt by Hector723(m): 9:25pm On Mar 27, 2016
undecidedFirst it was iwobi now ikeme wetin nff dey give una 4 camp self?
Re: BREAKING: Carl Ikeme Ruled Out Of Tuesday Clash With Egypt by damosky12(m): 9:34pm On Mar 27, 2016
johnsonjosbles:
footballer are liike soldier,as soldier interest is to defend its contry,so do footballer resposible for making ur contry men happy. Regardless of obstacle. Has sunday Olishe importannt to enyama than we his fans? Ok where is olishe now? We Fan still remain for ever, that's what enyaman shuld have think of!
So if a comander in army embarass a soilder, wil he therefore give up his carrieer? No. I'm a good fan of enyama! But I was disapointed when he left us prematurely for not genue reason.

Its easy to say. Footballers aren't as soldiers as you noted. There is a difference, some have signed out their whole life while the others only choose to participate as it suits them. Playing for the SE shouldnt be a must. If He isn't in that psychological state, why compel him? Besides, that guy has been one of the most patriotic players in Nigeria's History. Try understand his state.
Re: BREAKING: Carl Ikeme Ruled Out Of Tuesday Clash With Egypt by Mediapace: 10:04pm On Mar 27, 2016
Hy optional,pls kindly mention my moniker on all threads for any Eagles update you see on NL. NEED TO FOLLOW Them all.
Thanks in advance
optional1:
Wont believe till d day of d match
Re: BREAKING: Carl Ikeme Ruled Out Of Tuesday Clash With Egypt by robosky02(m): 10:25pm On Mar 27, 2016
krattoss:
now I think the gods of Egypt are powerful.
really?

then you'll see the God of Moses (victor and simon) lol
Re: BREAKING: Carl Ikeme Ruled Out Of Tuesday Clash With Egypt by Ndeewonu: 10:45pm On Mar 27, 2016
I thought Siasia should be appealing to ENYEAMA to return. With the shameful outing on Good Friday, let us not blow this opportunity to qualify for AFCON ooo!
Re: BREAKING: Carl Ikeme Ruled Out Of Tuesday Clash With Egypt by blezynetym(f): 11:28pm On Mar 27, 2016
Enyeama,mbok tí me dï yahâà Nigeria idung ayiñ. Mbok mé da Awasï ukpé ùbok
Re: BREAKING: Carl Ikeme Ruled Out Of Tuesday Clash With Egypt by opribo(m): 11:29pm On Mar 27, 2016
I don't want to say it but the determinationvand seriousness that made those Egyptians to equalize in that first leg encounter.

If they play with that same vigour which I'm sure they would coupled with home crowd.

if it is this same super Eagles hmm, we will need Gods mercy and intervention to give us that match.
The thrashing will be unbearable. Those who have heart issues should better not watch that match.

Our Super Eagles need sometime off to build a new strong team. We don't have one now.
Re: BREAKING: Carl Ikeme Ruled Out Of Tuesday Clash With Egypt by callJesu: 12:41am On Mar 28, 2016
Eeyah
Re: BREAKING: Carl Ikeme Ruled Out Of Tuesday Clash With Egypt by mikkypel(m): 8:56am On Mar 28, 2016
When they will be training on sand.. Now he has eaten sand
Re: BREAKING: Carl Ikeme Ruled Out Of Tuesday Clash With Egypt by Nobody: 1:12pm On Mar 28, 2016
What most of us here have failed to mention is that Carl Ikeme had gone back to his base in England so Daniel Akpeyi starts in his stead..

I am very optimistic we will triumph against the pharaohs of Egypt..
Re: BREAKING: Carl Ikeme Ruled Out Of Tuesday Clash With Egypt by Vincenzo111(m): 2:54pm On Mar 28, 2016
and no Enyema? Oliseh's fault.... anyways, Go super eagles, victory is ours
Re: BREAKING: Carl Ikeme Ruled Out Of Tuesday Clash With Egypt by optional1(f): 6:15pm On Mar 28, 2016
Mediapace:
Hy optional,pls kindly mention my moniker on all threads for any Eagles update you see on NL. NEED TO FOLLOW Them all.
Thanks in advance
Ok sir.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch / Mikel Obi And His Twin Daughters Dancing (Video) / The True Meaning Of "December 26th" Boxing Day - Why Is It Called Boxing Day?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.