Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,058 members, 7,887,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 07:20 PM

Thanksgiving (Time,how,advantages,ways,Results,Disadvantages) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Thanksgiving (Time,how,advantages,ways,Results,Disadvantages) (1507 Views)

George Weah Set For Thanksgiving At Synagogue Church Of All Nations / Ghana Church Holds Chelsea Thanksgiving Service (Photos) / A Live Alligator For Harvest Thanksgiving In Anglican Church, Warri (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Thanksgiving (Time,how,advantages,ways,Results,Disadvantages) by AAPS(m): 7:26pm On Mar 27, 2016
SUNDAY SERMON
DATE: 27-03-2016
LIVINGVINE PROPHETIC MINISTRY, INC
LIVING VINE CHURCH (LVC) P.O. BOX 87,AKUNGBA AKOKO,ONDO STATE.
MINISTERING: BRO ISRAEL
CAPTION: THANKSGIVING
TEXT: psalm 107:21---> 21
KJV:Oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!
AMP:Oh, that men would praise [and confess to] the Lord for His goodness and loving-kindness and His wonderful works to the children of men!

Thanksgiving means to always be in a state of appreciation to God,which does not depend on your current state.

TIME TO GIVE THANKS
1. When God does something significant for you.
2. After prayer{I.e Giving thanks inadvance(that you have receive your request from God} 2cor.5:7(
NIV:For we live by faith, not by sight).
3. After bad circumstance happens to you (1thessa 5:18 NIV:give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus).
4. Thank God at all time(Rom.8.28 NIV:And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose).

HOW TO ALWAYS BE IN THE REALM OF THANKSGIVING.
Ps.103 1&2: 1.NIV:Praise the Lord, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
2.NIV:Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits—
* Have a way of taken account of what God has done for you{E.g Get an Exercise Book(Testimony Book) record down all God has done for you. So that when Satan comes to torment you can open it and thank God for what He as done & put devil to shame.
* Keep your heart focus on good thing the Lord has done in your life (phil.4:8 )
* Separate time daily to thank God (PS.119:164)
* Whenever you remember what God has done for you in the past,Thank Him immediately.

IMPORTANT OF THANKSGIVING
* God expect Thanksgiving from us(luke 17:11-15)
* There is a realm in Thanksgiving,That God want us to get to{A realm that whatsoever happens to you,you will bless His name always(job 1:21c)}
* God is looking for Thanks givers

WAYS TO GIVE THANKS
* By words and song of worship.
* Bring a seed of Thanksgiving unto God
* Been an extension of what God has done for(I.e bless others with what God does for you.e.g Salvation.
* Live in holiness (Rom.6.19c)
* Behave like Christ and His doings (acts) Hebrew 2:10, Rom.8:19

RESULTS OF PRAISING AND THANKING GOD
Luke 17:17, Mark 8:6, Acts 16:25-26
* God break chains and bondage
* God is please with those who worship Him(as He was pleased with Enoch, Heb.11:5)

DISADVANTAGES OF NOT PRAISING GOD
* We lose our joy(Joel 1:12)

PRAYER: God help me to get to realm of Thanksgiving that you want me to get to,in which no matter the situation I will bless your name.
Re: Thanksgiving (Time,how,advantages,ways,Results,Disadvantages) by AAPS(m): 7:55pm On Mar 27, 2016
indeed I'm among those that God needs as thanks givers, as from today I will be giving thanks always no matter the situation(I will continued to bless His name).

(1) (Reply)

Atheism Is A Belief / Who Created Mosquitoes? And What Are Their Advantages / Bishop Oyedepo Reveals When He Will Leave If Nigeria Is Engulfed In Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.